Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,244 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

"Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG (19629 Views)

Biography, Profile Of Prof. Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Director / Mujahid Akintola Is Dead: Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Founder Loses Son / But Why Professor Wole Soyinka Support Biafra & Ibb Support Restructure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by iceadonis(f): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2018
realone2012:

If you want to use this logic, don't also forget majority of their victims have been Muslims.
Or who kills the people they are fighting for?

Only them know there reasons.....we don't know.... Buh this won't change the fact that Boko Haram is Muslim.... (just as we have bad Christians.. We also have good Christians.... Just as we have bad Muslims ..we have good Muslims).... The way Muslims go to defend themselves is what is disturbing .....we need to come out of the dark and open up our eyes
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by iceadonis(f): 9:42am On Mar 23, 2018
realone2012:

If you want to use this logic, don't also forget majority of their victims have been Muslims.
Or who kills the people they are fighting for?

And don't forget also that despite the fact the do most of there killings in the north highly populated with Muslims...... They still went ahead to release the dapchi girls based on the fact that they are Muslim and kept the only Christian as hostage because the girl refused there Islamic fate

..i think those dudes are just as confused as majority Nigerians are naw
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2018
boko haram are not Muslim... what of ISIS

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by DeeMain(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2018
Lukgaf:
I bet after reading below, you will think twice before you quote this Ayah again:

When the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you. And when the LORD your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them. (Deutronomy 7:1-2)

“When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. When the LORD your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the men in it with the edge of the sword. Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the LORD your God has given you… Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes (Deuteronomy 20:10-17)

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. (Numbers 31:17-18)

Even in the New Testament we read the following statements attributed to Jesus saying to his disciples:

“I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence. (Luke 19:26-27)

"Do not think that I have come to send peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Matthew 10:34-35).

Are these from the Quran too

Guy, what you quoted is mostly the old testament. The old testament is Judaism. Christians are the followers of Christ and so follow the new testament. Christ made all the laws and rules and doctrines of the old testament null and void. Christ preached grace and love only and lived his whole life as an example of such.

The Matthew you quoted was a metaphor for the sacrifice Christianity entails. There is no evidence in the whole of the new testament where violence or hate was encouraged overtly or covertly.

Again, I repeat, Christians are the followers of Christ not the old testament.

2 Likes

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by oluwaahmed: 9:46am On Mar 23, 2018
Lukgaf:
I bet after reading below, you will think twice before you quote this Ayah again:

When the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you. And when the LORD your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them. (Deutronomy 7:1-2)

“When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. When the LORD your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the men in it with the edge of the sword. Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the LORD your God has given you… Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes (Deuteronomy 20:10-17)

Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. (Numbers 31:17-18)

Even in the New Testament we read the following statements attributed to Jesus saying to his disciples:

“I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence. (Luke 19:26-27)

"Do not think that I have come to send peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law" (Matthew 10:34-35).

Nice one! U see the problem of Nigeria and most 3rd world countries isn't Islam, it's religion. Most religions have violent past and promote violence as a way of passing their message. Islam, Christianity and Judaism I think are concocted religions by some people to keep other people in perpetual fear, slavery and control. I believe there is a God the maker of the universe and the source of all life forms, which I think is different from or has been replaced by the Gods in these religions. OK lemme give an example from the old testament (Judaism & Christianity). According to them, the world had one language, but then men gathered to build a tall tower known as the tower of Babel, we know the story. Now, no matter how tall or strong a building is cast, it can never reach a particular height bcoz gravity will bring it crumbling down. Also thanks to advancement in technology, we now know that heaven is not in the clouds or even outer space so how come the bible said that their building were getting closer to heaven and then had to scatter them with various languages so that the project will be abandoned.
Wouldn't the aim have been defeated now, since there are sky scrappers everywhere?
What about the people who built the pyramids? Archeological evidence has shown that it wasn't built by slaves but by paid labor, in fact the builders were the most respected and highly paid kinda like the doctors of today.
Now these religions paint God as a destructive element with human feelings such as jealousy and anger. If u have 6 children and two say they want go their way in terms of religion are u going to kill them?
If u spend ur time building something would you just destroy it simply bcoz it has a minor defect? Won't u improve on the defect in other to make it perfect?
U see guys its not just Islam, what about the dark ages ? Where churches killed people simply bcoz they had contrasting views to the "establishments"
The Europeans and Americans have moved way past religious intolerance bcoz many things don't make sense to them and they have witnessed first hand the destructive nature of religious intolerance. For Africa to develop, religion will have to take a seat in ur homes not in politics or governance.
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by Sirjamo: 9:46am On Mar 23, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Bolo Haram are doing EXACTLY what Muhammad and his Companions did in the foundation days of Islam. Rape and plunder on earth, everlasting sex in paradise is the message of Islam.
If your Christianity was 500 years older than Islam and your Jesus allowed it adherents to be raped and plundered as you claim, isn't it time for you to know that you are serving a weak god?
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by mikeweezy(m): 9:49am On Mar 23, 2018
Lukgaf:
Islam preaches peace. Boko Haram are not Muslim. Beware of propaganda
you say what?
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by oyinboi: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2018
[quote author=femidejulius post=66071276]Not Muslim,yet released all Muslim girls except only one christian girl who they forced to become Muslim but refused.

What will you have said if over hundred girls were kidnapped by a terrorist group and all those who are Christian are released while the Muslim girl who refused to become Christian was held back?

U b mumu so wen dos galz go bck hum nw,dem no go change dem religion bck to christian,y unna dey tlk lyk dis shey all were put hijab 4 head na muslim ni or dem go change to Muslim
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by OBAGADAFFI: 9:53am On Mar 23, 2018
deomelo:

When was the last time CAN and Christians like you fought and passed Fatwa on Christian terrorists?

When BH blow up mosques and gruesomely kill Muslims, are they killing Muslims because they are Muslims and they love to kill Muslims?

Evil doesn't subscribe to any religion and their bombs and bullets doesn't have religious GPS to locate or identify who is or not a christian or Muslim, they kill both.

Name the Christian terrorists in Nigerian.
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by lollybee15(m): 9:54am On Mar 23, 2018
Silly and fake Prof., ur defence holds no water. Boko Haram members are pure Muslims.
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by pstjoga: 9:57am On Mar 23, 2018
Lukgaf:
I bet after rqeading below, you will think twice before you quote this Ayah again:

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by oyinboi: 9:58am On Mar 23, 2018
O God y are sum christian dumb lyk dis,xo wen bokoharam wan blow place dem go ask if everyone 4 dey na Muslim or wat,u dey tlk lyk fool,u dat dnt understand ur own religion old testament new testament diff story,pastor go tlk no drink alcohol where as jesus turn water to wine,nt jst normal wine o, u no jst 1 get sense na y bokoharam keep doing dey tin united we stand,divided we fall no mata religion wen u love 1 nd other dey will b solutions to everything
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by pstjoga: 9:59am On Mar 23, 2018
DeeMain:

Guy, what you quoted is mostly the old testament. The old testament is Judaism. Christians are the followers of Christ and so follow the new testament. Christ made all the laws and rules and doctrines of the old testament null and void. Christ preached grace and love only and lived his whole life as an example of such.

The Matthew you quoted was a metaphor for the sacrifice Christianity entails. There is no evidence in the whole of the new testament where violence or hate was encouraged overtly or covertly.

So which of the above two quotes is Boko Haram practicing by forcing the girl to accept Islam? I need an answer.
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by delishpot: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2018
Good to see them speaking out. GOOD JOB
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by fucktoto: 10:03am On Mar 23, 2018
deomelo:

Keep quiet if you have nothing sane and rational to talk about.

and coming here to tell us that boko haram are not mooooooselems because they blew up a mosque that criticized their activities is what you consider rational? maybe they refer to the Christian God when they yell "allaaauwabaaaa!"

very soon you'll tell us that isis are not your moooslim brothers too.

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by oluwaahmed: 10:05am On Mar 23, 2018
DeeMain:

Bros why are u talking like this now? Is Jesus not the son of God of both old and New Testament?
Look at what Jesus said in the new testament
Matthew 5:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Wonder what you guys ate learning in church these days.

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by oyinboi: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2018
Sorry o wat d difference between old testament nd new testament nd hu wrote d old 1 nd hu wrote d new 1,cos I dnt understand u pple
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by fucktoto: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2018
[s]
usba:
insha'Allah Leah shall be released soon. Ameen FG must intensify all efforts in securing her release
[/s]

boooohari is a bloodthirsty moooslim terrorist!
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by asksteve(m): 10:08am On Mar 23, 2018
Keep deceiving urslf dat they are not part of Islam while they continue to promote ur agenda. (D silent jihad).

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by ollah2: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2018
fucktoto:

and coming here to tell us that boko haram are not mooooooselems because they blew up a mosque that criticized their activities is what you consider rational? maybe they refer to the Christian God when they yell "allaaauwabaaaa!"

very soon you'll tell us that isis are not your moooslim brothers too.

Alexandre Bisonnette shouted Allah Akbar when he attacked Muslims in a Mosque and he was a Christian terrorist . You have no point
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by holuwapopsh(m): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2018
Hello Nairalanders pls wat`s d name of this Man dat said Allah wanted 2 make d world Musilms He is telling Me nw dat God wanted 2 create Adam n eve as Musilms pls re U guys Fools) its nt ur fault at all nt our Mother serah dat caused all this Yes u re a slave ur first Mother was a Slave 2 our Mother serah and her name is (***Hagai***) if am lying check ur Quran very well (All Musilms re Slaves frm day 1) so u dnt expect a Slave Chlid 2 b happy with a Boss Child (We re 2 diffrent Pole`s)
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by ollah2: 10:11am On Mar 23, 2018
DeeMain:

It becomes old testament when it doesn't suit your narrative but you willingly quote Pslam, Isaiah, Proverb, Deuteronomy , Malachi et al which aren't old testament right? You are only phooling yourself
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by iceadonis(f): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2018
have we ever wondered why Muslims go ahead to read the Bible while Christians mostly focus on only the Bible..... The funny aspect is that these Islamic Bible reader mostly focus on the Old Testament and extracting verses out to fit there rage....
......i keep asking my self.. WHY? I perceive so much insecurities here ....religion should not be seen as a race.... Instead.... We should put more effort in serving God in the best way.. Both morally and in liberation

...I m not here to criticize any religion nor to criticize any holy book... Infact these books should not be criticized.... The interpreters should be criticized, many of the interpreters have interpreted it to fit their preconceived notions (human in our often shallowed thinking would not think on average level, we accept anything..

If criticism is welcomed, there are lot of gains attached to it because every true thoughts only gains from criticism........... We should not have "anything to fear from criticism... Even if it be unreasonable.....

1 Like

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by ollah2: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Name the Christian terrorists in Nigerian.

Charles Okah
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by softmind24: 10:15am On Mar 23, 2018
God bless you brother
oluwaahmed:

Bros why are u talking like this now? Is Jesus not the son of God of both old and New Testament?
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by iceadonis(f): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Can you tell us one of the ten commandments that churches preach against
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by ogbunka: 10:17am On Mar 23, 2018
#NnamdiKanu Nnamdi Kanu 6th Feb. 2014

“As they campaign vigorously for elections, you would think, they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice, breed unity and tolerance, love for one another.
No, they are coming to elevate Hausa-Fulani supremacy, to reposition the security agencies by sacking all competent hands and replace them with their kinsmen to drive their ethnic domination of the Biafrans, the Fulani herdsmen will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impunity, and their masters will protect them.
They are coming to ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do not, believe me, will soon see it happen before their eyes.”

-Nnamdi Kanu 6th Feb. 2014
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by fucktoto: 10:20am On Mar 23, 2018
ollah2:

Alexandre Bisonnette shouted Allah Akbar when he attacked Muslims in a Mosque and he was a Christian terrorist . You have no point

where's your evidence that he shouted that rubbish before the attack?

and where is your evidence that he's a christian?

a lone shooter attacks a mosque and it automatically becomes a Christian attack? wonderful!

allah is the bloodthirsty god that lives in the minds of a global terrorist group, islam. so, alexandre probably screamed "allaaauwabaaaa" to mock them. do you know how many times your terrorist brethren have attacked churches and shouted "praise the Lord!" just to spite the worshipers?
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by ollah2: 10:22am On Mar 23, 2018
fucktoto:

where's your evidence that he shouted that rubbish before the attack?

and where is your evidence that he's a christian?

a lone shooter attacks a mosque and it automatically becomes a Christian attack? wonderful!

allah is the bloodthirsty god that lives in the minds of a global terrorist group, islam. so, alexandre probably screamed "allaaauwabaaaa" to mock them. do you know how many times your terrorist brethren have attacked churches and shouted "praise the Lord!" just to spite the worshipers?

Google is your friend and it answers the questions you asked.

Would you have asked similar questions if he was a Muslim?
So a lone attacker can't be a terrorist ?

Your hypocrisy and bigotry is supreme
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by OBAGADAFFI: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2018
ollah2:

Charles Okah

Do you really understand question.

Name the Christian terrorists in Nigerian?

Did Charles Okah shout halleluyah when they bomb Abuja?
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by ollah2: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Do you really understand question.

Did Charles Okah shout halleluyah when they bomb Abuja?

So you have to shout something before you are called a terrorist? Wow!!
Re: "Boko Haram Members Are Not Muslims, See Why" - Professor Akintola, MURIC DG by OBAGADAFFI: 10:39am On Mar 23, 2018
ollah2:

So you have to shout something before you are called a terrorist? Wow!!

You have comprehension issue.

I ask

You probably dont know that Charles Okah is a Niger Delta militant like Asari Dokubo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi 2019: Dino Melaye Storms Kogi West And Central (Video) / Sanwo-Olu: Land Transactions In Lagos To Go Fully Digital Next Year / Toyin Saraki At 'Fifty' Film Premiere (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.