Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" (44391 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2018
Without checking you know this thread was created by a Paralelogram head developer

Bitter ajegbodo people

14 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 28, 2018
The Ikeja,Lagos bus terminal is even finer and better structured than the other pictures posted here.

I have seen it physically and it will serve its purpose as a world class terminal.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by ekestic1976(f): 7:12am On Mar 28, 2018
priceaction:
Na wa oo. What is the aim of this thread now? To discredit the Lagos own as local class? I don't know why many people on this forum are so bitter? You are comparing a developing country to many countries that have developed for over 100 years together?
Who does that ,if not a bitter soul.
In the first place, ambo is trying to change the fave of Lagos generally. Yes, he makes some harsh policies, but ,hey, this is good for investors in the long run.
Instead of you lots to put pressure on your state government from the other end to have visions, spend money wisely and put meaniful projects on ground, they are building statues and monuments up and down. In the next 15 years when the face of Lagos is totally changed, you will be claiming it was your tax from your 50naira gala that ambo used to megalize Lagos.
By the way, the Ikeja own is one of about 20 stations about to commission in his first tenure. Just wait and see. Shebi you hardly sleep while compiling this, by the time he is done and all almost the same time, it is only God that can save you not to go into coma and land in iuc.

9 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Lasta(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2018
God bless Tinubu,he has never failed sourcing the right person to govern lagos state.

Eko oni baje ooooo

8 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Qc1(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Why don't we simply let Nairalanders be the judge of that eh smiley

I'm not here to tell you a story. I'm a Canadian citizen just like many of other Nairalanders here. I brought this up just to let you know that I don't need a visa to travel to almost all over the world. Guess what? I've been to many big cities of the world and I can confirm to you that that Lagos terminus is well up there with others. You are just pained. To make your pain worse, I can also confirm that Lagos BRT buses are way better than the ones we have in most part of the world. Yes I said it!

Why don't you celebrate what is yours and just enjoy it? Life is just too short for hatred. I don't normally reply to anything here. If you check my moniker you will see that I'm a registered member of this Forum since day one, yet I have a few posts. When I see a post like yours, I just can't resist to correct your error.

Google is your friend!

wolatunge:
Let's appreciate what we have,God keep us alive and see what the Oshodi bus terminal will look like.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nasir123(m): 7:14am On Mar 28, 2018
Putinofrussia:

Sincerely what have been shown here did not beat the Ikeja bus terminal.I stand to be corrected.

Absolutely right.

Some people just can't see beyond their dirty mind.

God bless Lagos state.

8 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by BabatCargo(m): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2018
The interior is cool.
Prayed we should be able to maintain it.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Kotodoctor: 7:16am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:
angry

This your counter thread is just so unfair and an insult to Lagosians

So because it doesn't look like the structures of our white friends, e no be world class Abi?

The Ikeja terminal looks beautiful and conducive if maintained. I see no reason for your comparison. After all, you never even see all the facilities sef

This kind of reasoning is similar to that of the black nipple people of southern Somalia. If we say something is within a certain class , I believe we are trying to infer that such thing can compete with the other items within same category. Like saying am in a class with dangote financially Or that Nigerian league is world class. Does that make sense?

By now, you should know we like to throw around terms or use bIG terms wit out acruelly kmowing theit meaning.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by bjbukzy(m): 7:17am On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
I spent the night looking for pictures
Lol.....not you, was talking about op jare.

Your comment is world class.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 28, 2018
Qc1:

I'm not here to tell you a story. I'm a Canadian citizen just like many of other Nairalanders here. I brought this up just to let you know that I don't a visa to travel to almost all over the world. Guess what? I've been to many big cities of the world and I can confirm to you that that Lagos terminus is well up there with others. You are just pained. To make your pain worse, I can also confirm that Lagos BRT buses are way better than the ones we have in most part of the world. Yes I said it!

Why don't you celebrate what is yours and just enjoy it? Life is just too short for hatred. I don't normally reply to anything here. If you check my moniker you will see that I'm a registered member of this Forum since day one, yet I have a few posts. When I see a post like yours, I just can't resist to correct your error.

Google is your friend!

That terminal is not just beyond world class,it is a clear departure from the usual absolutely.

It is better than the ones in the US,UK,China,Canada.
My own is always better please.

9 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:19am On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

This kind of reasoning is similar to that of the black nipple people of southern Somalia. If we say something is within a certain, I believe it means such thing can compete at the other items within same category. Like saying am in a class of dangote. Or the Nigerian league is world class. Does make sense.

By now, you should know we like to throw around terms.

The question we need to ask is:

What doesn't make the Ikeja Bus terminal a world class?

5 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by adidison(m): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2018
I get what you mean but I think world class should be based on the services it provides rather than look but if you talk about state of the art lol ... eheee! Then it is down to the architects, it doesn't need to have a space frame roof or large curtain wall windows to be state of the art but rather something simple and aesthetic with an interesting concept ... they should have made it reflect African/ Lagos instead of trying to make it look like a terminal in Europe. But it's design everybody has his own view and taste ... but it's not bad and can still be tagged as world class.

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by tiger28: 7:21am On Mar 28, 2018
We keep comparing ourselves with these countries that have 100% tax paying citizens, how many Nigerians actually pay tax?EVEN our so called Billionaires are the biggest tax evaders. Do the vulcanizers,mechanics, street peddlers, private employees etc pay tax?most of the ppl that will enjoy this facility hardly pay tax from their income earned (not VAT). We expect all these goodness but hardly contribute then we compare ourselves with counties whose citizens have almost 100% tax compliance. Africans!

7 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Spatta: 7:22am On Mar 28, 2018
The Lagos that I know, give the ikeja transit station a few months, it will be littered with debris and taken over by street urchins (Area boys) and Lagos state will impose toilet fees to pressed passengers and passersby.

Ambode who is know to impose wrong figures on land use charge will eventually charge money for maintenance and the bribery continues

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

The question we need to ask is:

What doesn't make the Ikeja Bus terminal a world class?

It is world class physically though.

To answer your question,the reason is these skeptics' minds are not world class.They feel inferior already,so whatever is done to rehab their minds has to be inferior.

I have to say whenever I pass their Ikeja and see the beautiful terminal,I feel renewed and know we can also do better.FYI,these structures in Lagos were built by the same world class constructors who have built world class edifices elsewhere.

7 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Mcreloaded(m): 7:23am On Mar 28, 2018
As far as I am concerned it is world class with what I have seen. The only problem I have is that it is a shame that a president of a country is to do the honours.l, its like saying a president or vice president should come and open a modern secondary school. Come on it way too low for a president to cut the tape when he has a minister. A president should be opening hospitals,railway lines,refineries,state or federal government owned companies,dualized roads etc.

Like I said it is world class as I can see it compares to the pics the op have shown us and I believe even better. Thanks Ambode now other states can follow. After all the best bus park in the whole of 9ja used to be God is good motor park lol

7 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nasir123(m): 7:26am On Mar 28, 2018
Qc1:

I'm not here to tell you a story. I'm a Canadian citizen just like many of other Nairalanders here. I brought this up just to let you know that I don't a visa to travel to almost all over the world. Guess what? I've been to many big cities of the world and I can confirm to you that that Lagos terminus is well up there with others. You are just pained. To make your pain worse, I can also confirm that Lagos BRT buses are way better than the ones we have in most part of the world. Yes I said it!

Google is your friend!

Thank you.

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Okoyeebos: 7:26am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

grin grin grin

Where have you been?

I've been around bro.
Heavy bans on many sides.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:27am On Mar 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

I've been around bro.
Heavy bans on many sides.

You too like trouble

Always tackling my tribe.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Okoyeebos: 7:29am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

You too like trouble

Always tackling my tribe.

grin grin grin grin

Hahaha
The love is reciprocal.

Here's you doing?
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:30am On Mar 28, 2018
doreto:
It is world class physically though.

To answer your question,the reason is these skeptics' minds are not world class.They feel inferior already so whatever is done to rehab their minds has to be inferior.

I have to say whenever I pass their Ikeja and see the beautiful terminal,I feel renewed and know we can also do better.FYI,these structures in Lagos were built by the same world class constructors who have built world class edifices elsewhere.

Word

3 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by gbemoh: 7:30am On Mar 28, 2018
Funny how we never appreciate our own things, till a white man comes over and lauds it. When you see a good thing and a first in the country, please don’t let hate get in the way of appreciating it.
Can we just be Nigerians for once and stop heating up sentiments, it’s too early for all this

three:
University of Iowa

Santa Paola

5 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Gerrard59(m): 7:32am On Mar 28, 2018
priceaction:
Na wa oo. What is the aim of this thread now? To discredit the Lagos own as local class? I don't know why many people on this forum are so bitter? You are comparing a developing country to many countries that have developed for over 100 years together?
Who does that ,if not a bitter soul.
In the first place, ambo is trying to change the face of Lagos generally. Yes, he makes some harsh policies, but ,hey, this is good for investors in the long run.
Instead of you lots to put pressure on your state government from the other end to have visions, spend money wisely and put meaniful projects on ground, they are building statues and monuments up and down. In the next 15 years when the face of Lagos is totally changed, you will be claiming it was your tax from your 50naira gala that ambo used to megalize Lagos. The only fault I have with the whole story is bubu coming to commission that, which ,to me is unnecessary because of the traffic and pressure it will create on motorists because of many road constructions going on around the exit axis. If it was Accra district that build something like this, it is you lots that will be making mockery of Lagos state upon her IGR. The place that has digital settings and to know the schedule of buses in and out? What else do you want it to have?
By the way, the Ikeja own is one of about 20 stations about to commission in his first tenure. And about 10s of modernised jetty are still underconstruction and many more. Just wait and see. Shebi you hardly sleep while compiling this, by the time he is done and all almost the same time, it is only God that can save you not to go into coma and land in ICU

All this grammar that's being blown. Would you have typed same if Jonathan was the one behind the project?

@Post: In this part of the world, words are abused. It's expected. Stunning, world class, tastefully furnished etc.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by odomanis: 7:33am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

Nobody's arguing that ours is the most beautiful.

All I'm saying is that it's beautiful enough. You making it look like they just joined four pieces of wood and called it a terminal.

No start this early mormor oh angry

IKEJA Bus Terminal is world class ! I am sure if the picture of ikeja terminal was seen in uk,three would have included it in his examples.

7 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nasir123(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

This kind of reasoning is similar to that of the black nipple people of southern Somalia. If we say something is within a certain class , I believe we are trying to infer that such thing can compete with the other items within same category. Like saying am in a class with dangote financially Or that Nigerian league is world class. Does that make sense?

By now, you should know we like to throw around terms or use bIG terms wit out acruelly kmowing theit meaning.

OK!

Now,
Tell me if Dangote is not in the same class with Bill Gate?

We must not be the same my brother. But we can be in the same CLASs.

Go back and check those your pictures VERY WELL. And try to do a fare COMPARISM.

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa / 20 Most Ridiculous Overloaded Vehicles Spotted On The Road / The Most Beautiful Park In Lagos, Nigeria (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.