Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" (44388 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 28, 2018
This op should consign himself to his room wherever in the world he is at today.Think of his life and the direction it is going.

I can read his depressed psychological state.

He never would have thought "world class" will be abscribed to anything in Africa,nay Lagos and that is just laughable.He/she just could not get a colour picture of a world class bus terminal from Africa to add to his collection,say in Joburg or Cape town or Morocco or Rwanda.

That is a man who devalues himself.

Please take a gift from us,the Ikeja bus terminal is amongst the class of world class,ultra modern terminals universally.Add the pics to your collection and use it the next time you need to argue your life is not world class.

5 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 7:35am On Mar 28, 2018
Gerrard59:

All this grammar that's being blown. Would you have typed same if Jonathan was the one behind the project?

@Post: In this part of the world, words are abused. It's expected. Stunning, world class, tastefully furnished etc.
Na their way be dat
Na o koro way be that
Na bitter way be their way.
My brother no look Uche mouth
na Ajegbodo man he be

6 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Putinofrussia: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2018
Nasir123:

Absolutely right.

Some people just can't see beyond their dirty mind.

God bless Lagos state.
Amen

5 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:36am On Mar 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Hahaha
The love is reciprocal.

Here's you doing?

I dey bros

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nasir123(m): 7:38am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

The question we need to ask is:

What doesn't make the Ikeja Bus terminal a world class?

grin

The BIG question.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 28, 2018
friimarket01:
Ours is still good...
I even thought the idiot was going to post pictures of His parks where robot cops will serve you free drinks and massage your back, every single bus park you posted did not even meet the standard of a bus park, they look more like factories if you ask me... What do you think makes a good bus park? The building? Cus if that's what you think then you have gotten it wrong. The rope head even went to start showing us pictures of white people bus park toilet, oga haba? Why did you stoop so low? The Lagos bus park is far better than anything you posted but your typical slave mentality will typically defend anything created by your white master... Keep it up.

Very soon Nigeria will launch rocket to space and you will say it did not reach space and start posting pictures of the real space. Don't go and start finding ways to work for Nigeria's betterment be there looking for pictures.

I was liking your post till I got to the oarttern where you said the parks he posted look like factories.

That's when I knew you are a very very local unexposed fellow.
You just lost my support, it's obvious you have never ever stepped outside Nigeria and probably never will.
So that explains the nonsensical way of thinking

Please next time don't just type rubbish if you have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 28, 2018
At a bus terminal all I see are cars, cars, cars everywhere!@ pics
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by introvertedsoul: 7:46am On Mar 28, 2018
Ikeja Bus terminal
Is absolutely gorgeous for a third world class level bus terminal.
Is it world class?
I'd say no!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by ipobarecriminals: 7:48am On Mar 28, 2018
grin sad grin embarassed lipsrsealed wink grin
FanYogo1:
I want to see the one in Enugu embarassed
grin
FanYogo1:
I want to see the one in Enugu embarassed
come to ogbete,where potopoto/human waste are mixed together,nah 9th wonders to behold*hide*

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by friimarket01: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2018
H
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by unknownsolja: 8:01am On Mar 28, 2018
i was saying it on the other thread and everyone kept on crying
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by dokxavi: 8:04am On Mar 28, 2018
The Ikeja bus terminal looks better than the others.If those ones are world class,I don't see why Ikeja can't be too.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by bigtt76(f): 8:06am On Mar 28, 2018
Ok ....so this bus terminal, isit the same yellow danfos we go de board from there or which naaa? Me ayam not understanding o undecided tongue

three:

Is there another WORLD we are not aware of?

Or do you deliberately intend to demean Nigeria by inffering that when they said World Class they really meant THIRD WORLD CLASS?

Meanwhile...,

[imghttps://www.thecable.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Ikeja-bus-terminal-1-968x565.jpg][/img]

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Kotodoctor: 8:06am On Mar 28, 2018
Nasir123:

OK!

Now,
Tell me if Dangote is not in the same class with Bill Gate?

We must not be the same my brother. But we can be in the same CLASs.

Go back and check those your pictures VERY WELL. And try to do a fare COMPARISM.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless you too sir.

I love to fantasies like you trust me. But reality becons.
Giving that you are all in the same class, how did you miss his daughter wedding.is what I want to know.

Imagination is not same as reality. By the way, if you looked at the example I made, I was carefully to add "financially" which you clearly miss. . Are you in thesame class with dangote financially now? Class of humans yes. Financially no. That is what the name dangote connotes.

There are many terminals in the world. But at the level of world class, we all know what is being refered to here.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by alobright17(m): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Why don't we simply let Nairalanders be the judge of that eh smiley
The Ikeja terminal meant for buses and cars, is better than some International airports here in Africa . So stop this hate.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Is there another WORLD we are not aware of?

Or do you deliberately intend to demean Nigeria by inffering that when they said World Class they really meant THIRD WORLD CLASS?

Meanwhile...,

Do you know why your argument is dead on arrival? Cos 'World Class' more often refers to function, and not form.

'Form' here meaning architecture, which while impressive, does not necessarily add to, or detract from the utility of a building. 'Function' on the other hand, is largely about utility - does the facility have ticketing booths, waiting areas, parking space, working toilets, and design to allow for quick evacuation in the event of an emergency?

If you cannot clearly high-light the deficiencies in the Ikeja Bus Terminal's 'function', then you are obviously just trolling.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Bundaweber: 8:14am On Mar 28, 2018
Afam4eva:
This Ikeja bus terminal has been finished for many months but left idle because they want to commission it. What is the craze about commissioning projects with so much pomp and pageantry.

do you not know it is because of the money they appropriate from commissioning of projects. At times, the cost of commissioning could be more than half the cost of the project.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by AerialMapper: 8:16am On Mar 28, 2018
Are these for danfo buses or world class buses?
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Kotodoctor: 8:16am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

The question we need to ask is:

What doesn't make the Ikeja Bus terminal a world class?

Same reason any of our university does not rank among top 1000, and our big men fly their children to were they can get the best. Thesame reason our hospitals are neglected by the rich in favor of the outside ones.

The picture op pUT up showed you, yet you still ask. Travelling and see. Then you will know why those who have traveled prefer it so.Only poor and unexposed people argue this.no disrespect please!

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by dokxavi: 8:16am On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

God bless you too sir.

I love to fantasies like you trust me. But reality becons.
Giving that you are all in the same class, how did you miss his daughter wedding.is what I want to know.
He had other engagements on that day.

And there were many everyday people at the Dangote wedding.So that's not a criteria.Everyone is still world class.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Butterflyleo: 8:17am On Mar 28, 2018
Bagehot:

Do you know why your argument is dead on arrival? Cos 'World Class' more often refers to function, and not form.

'Form' here meaning architecture, which while impressive, does not necessarily add to, or detract from the utility of a building. 'Function' on the other hand, is largely about utility - does the facility have ticketing booths, waiting areas, parking space, working toilets, and design to allow for quick evacuation in the event of an emergency?

If you cannot clearly high-light the deficiencies in the Ikeja Bus Terminal's 'function', then you are obviously just trolling.

Don't mind that uninformed and thereby deformed OP. He thinks everything is about design. He does not realise that often times design is based on locale and functionality. This was specificly designed to be able to handle the load of passengers they are expecting based on the obviously dense population of lagos. Plus simplistic enough to ensure everyone understands the system in there which was one of the reasons TICKETING BOOTH is the largest sign in there.

The OP is a semi literate OP.

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2018
People talking about World class bus(coach stations) make me laugh.

I will not post pictures but you can search for UK coach stations

Victoria in London,Victoria in Nottingham ,Manchester and Birmingham. There is nothing special about Coach Stations

Who travels by Coach in the UK ?? Generally people who cannot afford the train and or are not in a hurry since journey times may be 4 times as long. Sometimes there is a disruption to the rails and passengers are transferred to coaches and those are the only times I have used coaches in the UK. The coach station in Birmingham I passed through recently and it has obviously been done up but is nothing special still .The last time I was there 10 years ago it was a tip.
Nations invest in coach stations depending on usage volume e.g in Spain USA I know they use the coach a lot more than some countries like the Netherlands. So the idea of a World class coach station is quite ridiculous people have diffferent priorities. I have taken the coach from Brussels to Amsterdam and it was a shithole , full of mostly Eastern Europeans/asylum seekers and such like.This is in contrast to MIDi the train station
Spare us this World class rubbish.
In the US where train travel is not as available/affordable coach travel may be a big dealbut in Europe not so. The question of World class is petty and silly. A station may or may not be incorporated into a mall structure and this is equally true of train stations which may just serve the transport function or shopping depending on the location and other dynamics.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:29am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

The last time I checked. Anybody can decide to tag his property or achievement "World Class".

What exactly is your point? That the Ikeja terminal isn't beautiful enough to be labelled a "World Class"?

The ikeja bus terminal is a world class facilities adapted to the operational environment.

The world class is in turnaround time for servicing a customer. Once it is at par with the average for we have services around the world, it meets standard..... It is not in huge structure

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Franking: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2018
It's not world class. We can't maintain our airports talk more of motor park. Thank u, Gov Ambode.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 28, 2018
Op, get some apprenticeship frim Explorer. As man thinketh, so is he. If you like call it Ikeja-class,all I see is a step forward.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Elliot2(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2018
I don't think op is wrong with this thread. I think every sane person must always be ready to be criticised and scrutinised at some point,and besides that is a motivation. The Op never said the Lagos bus terminus is bad,but as a good critic,he scrutinised their claims whether it is truly a world class edifice. And from the above pictures,everyone will agree that our own did not compete with any of them. so we should not vilify the op yet,cos it could be worse when some white guy picks up the news about our terminus and writes a demeaning stuff about not being of standards. I think at this point, we can only say Kudos to Ambode for starting the competition,but he must endeavour to up his game. "what is worth doing,is worth doing well".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town / U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa / 20 Most Ridiculous Overloaded Vehicles Spotted On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.