Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" (44387 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Afam4eva(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2018
Whenever i pass through that Bus Terminal on my way to the airport, i notice how lovely it looks. But whenever i travel out of the country, everything start looking mediocre to me even our very best. As they say "Levels dey".

4 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by wolatunge: 6:56am On Mar 28, 2018
Let's appreciate what we have,God keep us alive and see what the Oshodi bus terminal will look like.

7 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by directonpc(m): 6:56am On Mar 28, 2018
How
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Putinofrussia: 6:56am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

The last time I checked. Anybody can decide to tag his property or achievement "World Class".

What exactly is your point? That the Ikeja terminal isn't beautiful enough to be labelled a "World Class"?

Sincerely what have been shown here did not beat the Ikeja bus terminal.I stand to be corrected.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by peacebirdone: 6:57am On Mar 28, 2018
Well it's small for the whole of Ikeja, But it's a giant step towards the right direction. Congratulation Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Follygunners: 6:57am On Mar 28, 2018
Of course, it isn't world-class standard.... It's rather 3rd-world-class standard. grin

Majority of the project finishing fittings used are for domestic homes NOT commercial projects. In no time they'll start falling off but, if properly maintained... no problem. wink

E still better pass the Ikeja under-bride or former Apongbon on the Island... and of course all the infras. in Igbo-land sha... lol grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by TheAlchemist: 6:58am On Mar 28, 2018
Show me the TOILET, then i will know if it is world class or not! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by FanYogo1(f): 6:58am On Mar 28, 2018
I want to see the one in Enugu embarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by FSolar: 6:59am On Mar 28, 2018
Please is this what the President is coming to commission?

Airport is only 500m away. Let him enter Uber from the airport, commission it, enter same Uber back to the airport and bye bye.

There are pressing National issues than shutting down Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by strangest(m): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2018
LOL THIS IS NOT GOOD

do they even make arrangement for wheelchair users in Nigerian structures? or the blind?

I doubt... world class kor war class ni

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:00am On Mar 28, 2018
Putinofrussia:

Sincerely what have been shown here did not beat the Ikeja bus terminal.I stand to be corrected.

cc: three

tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Okoyeebos: 7:00am On Mar 28, 2018
Afam4eva:
Whenever i pass through that Bus Terminal on my way to the airport, i notice how lovely it looks. But whenever i travel out of the country, everything start looking mediocre to me even our very best. As they say "Levels dey".

The bus terminal in Lagos looks local but Onitsha, Aba and Umuahia are in the top 20 most polluted cities in the world.

Ensure you complete your development journey by travelling to the SE by Peace Mass Transit to enjoy the good roads and infrastructure provided by your Governors.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by OboOlora(f): 7:01am On Mar 28, 2018
Is it those yellow buses they will be parking here? MC oluomo n co will turn the ticketing booth to Paraga retail store

3 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by bjbukzy(m): 7:02am On Mar 28, 2018
I dont know you and rarely do this; but Bleep your opinions and this thread;

Is the bus terminal a tourist centre? If it delivers top notch services by easing transportation in lagos, and also makes transportation faster and predictable, it is world class.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by ceyrahtlk(f): 7:02am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Is there another WORLD we are not aware of?

Or do you deliberately intend to demean Nigeria by inffering that when they said World Class they really meant THIRD WORLD CLASS?

Meanwhile...,

[imghttps://www.thecable.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Ikeja-bus-terminal-1-968x565.jpg][/img]

Op this isn't 'third class' either. Next time you want to compare things like this, take a little time to firstly appreciate what is on ground, then show where improvements can come in. For your information, World Class doesn't denote 'massive' or 'most' beautiful . It is World Class 'if' it has the facilities a first class bus terminal should have. I haven't been there though, so I can't say.....but from the pictures, it is beautiful.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 7:04am On Mar 28, 2018
The important thing is the buses. What is the capacity i.e. how many buses the exits and entry points and the interaction with local traffic.
How many people will be served daily and how efficiently. Security and safety are more significant considerations
We like to focus on irrelevances
Anyway since we are talkning building. No one likes to climb steps these days . Those steps are many sha

My opinion : Government should hand it over to the private sector

3 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by stevemarkdangot(m): 7:05am On Mar 28, 2018
[quote author=three post=66219662]
Seeing that 'some people' have decided to regale us with images of a supposed World Class Terminal constructed in Lagos, it would serve well to see what exactly WORLD CLASS means.

We Africans never appreciate what is ours or let me say all we see or what we want to acknowledge is failure. It is obvious the Ikeja terminus is not up to the standards of what you shared but the Ikeja terminus is not a push over too. Let's appreciate what we have biko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Putinofrussia: 7:06am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

cc: three

tongue tongue tongue
Have you seen the interior?The only little snag is that it is not as spacious as a couple of the ones shown but it is definitely World Class.I hope the Oshodi bus terminal will be better.Let us appreciate what we have and endeavor to do more.
This is a bus terminal in the USA.Greyhound Bus Terminal and Ikeja Bus Terminal beats it hands down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by wristbangle: 7:07am On Mar 28, 2018
See project whey a whole president wan commission. Smh.

Anyway kudos to LSG for this bus terminal. Waiting for Oshodi, Yaba, and others to get completed. Also Oshodi-iyana ipaja, airport roads as well.

Please ambode, kindly work on the refuse littering every part of Lagos, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by bjbukzy(m): 7:07am On Mar 28, 2018
strangest:
LOL THIS IS NOT GOOD

do they even make arrangement for wheelchair users in Nigerian structures? or the blind?

I doubt... world class kor war class ni

Come to lagos and see pedestrian bridges with provision for wheel chairs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:08am On Mar 28, 2018
Putinofrussia:

Have you seen the interior?The only little snag is that it is not as spacious as a couple of the ones shown but it is definitely World Class.I hope the Oshodi bus terminal will be better.

Thank you Mr Putin cool

Three, come here now, before I bring better cane

Nonsense angry angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by stevemarkdangot(m): 7:08am On Mar 28, 2018
ceyrahtlk:

Op this isn't 'third class' either. Next time you want to compare things like this, take a little time to firstly appreciate what is on ground, then show where improvements can come in. For your information, World Class doesn't denote 'massive' or 'most' beautiful . It is World Class 'if' it has the facilities a first class bus terminal should have. I haven't been there though, so I can't say.....but from the pictures, it is beautiful.
Thanks bro. With this kind of "bad mouthing" I wonder how the country's growth can be accelerated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Shawnnn01: 7:09am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Why don't we simply let Nairalanders be the judge of that eh smiley

NL already judged the rubbish Ambode did as below Africa standards not to even compare to the world. When you also put in perspective how much was use to construct this shameless looking oriffice, Considering it will be 10 times more experience that the more beautiful ones in Europe Ambode deserve to be stoned to death even he is beta than any other governor in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:09am On Mar 28, 2018
wristbangle:
See project whey a whole president wan commission. Smh.

Anyway kudos to LSG for this bus terminal. Waiting for Oshodi, Yaba, and others to get completed. Also Oshodi-iyana ipaja, airport roads as well.

Please ambode, kindly work on the refuse littering every part of Lagos, thanks.

A major problem nobody is talking about

Lagos has just been dirty recently.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 7:09am On Mar 28, 2018
Afam4eva:
Levels dey

I think the same whenever I pass through Onitsha and Aba.

You are very correct.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by bjbukzy(m): 7:09am On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
The important thing is the buses. What is the capacity i.e. how many buses the exits and entry points and the interaction with local traffic.
How many people will be served daily and how efficiently. Security and safety are more significant considerations
We like to focus on irrelevances
Anyway since we are talkning building. No one likes to climb steps these days . Those steps are many sha

My opinion : Government should hand it over to the private sector

Thanks for this man...... questions u should be asking but u spent the whole night looking for bus terminals pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by AntiWailer: 7:10am On Mar 28, 2018
Senseless thread.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Shawnnn01: 7:10am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Why don't we simply let Nairalanders be the judge of that eh smiley

NL already judged the rubbish Ambode did as below Africa standards not to even compare to the world. When you also put in perspective how much was use to construct this shameless looking oriffice, Considering it will be 10 times more experience that the more beautiful ones in Europe Ambode deserve to be stoned to death even though he is beta than any other governor in Nigeria.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 7:10am On Mar 28, 2018
bjbukzy:

Thanks for this man...... questions u should be asking but u spent the whole night looking for bus terminals pictures.
I spent the night looking for pictures
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Instead of typing nonsense and disgracing your ancestors, you should be thinking about how to empower your coming generations.

Look at the pictures very well, do you see gala and fan yogo hawkers there?

By the time gala and fan yogo hawking is banned in Lagos, how would your generations survive?

grin grin grin

Where have you been?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hawker Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos After Being Hit By A Danfo Bus. Photos / Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town / U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.