Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" (44390 Views)

Governor Seyi Makinde Commissions New Bus Service And Terminals (Photos). / Lagos Ranks Second On World’s Least Livable Cities - EIU / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nasir123(m): 8:48am On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

God bless you too sir.

I love to fantasies like you trust me. But reality becons.
Giving that you are all in the same class, how did you miss his daughter wedding.is what I want to know.

Imagination is not same as reality. By the way, if you looked at the example I made, I was carefully to add "financially" which you clearly miss. . Are you in thesame class with dangote financially now? Class of humans yes. Financially no. That is what the name dangote connotes.

There are many terminals in the world. But at the level of world class, we all know what is being refered to here.

Don't even try to bring me in cheesy

My point is,
Dangote and Bill Gate do not have the same ' net worth'(not even close),but they happen to be in the same CLASS. Why?Because they both have their distinct mark.

Maybe you don't know. This terminal is better than many you'll find in developed countries.
What I believe we need is a good maintenance culture, and proper service management.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Mimee803: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2018
MAINTAINANCE!
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by izzou(m): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

Same reason any of our university does not rank among top 1000, and our big men fly their children to were they can get the best. Thesame reason our hospitals are neglected by the rich in favor of the outside ones.

The picture op pUT up showed you, yet you still ask. Travelling and see. Then you will know why those who have traveled prefer it so.Only poor and unexposed people argue this.no disrespect please!

You still didn't answer the question.

Something has not even been commissioned, and it has already been underrated? Very petty of you

I know hotels that have beautiful structures than the Sheraton in Lagos, yet Sheraton is still higher than them in both rating and class

Stop belittling the project because you saw better ones. Beautiful designs come up every blessed day.

So until you give me a reason why Ikeja doesn't deserve to be a world class, I'll take it that you have esteem issues. No disrespect please

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 28, 2018
I live in the UK and the Ikeja Bus terminal looks 10 times better than any of the ones I've seen here and that's a fact. Just visit Victoria coach station in London and you'll know what I mean
Appreciate good things jare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Kotodoctor: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2018
Nasir123:

Don't even try to bring me in cheesy

My point is,
Dangote and Bill Gate do not have the same ' net worth'(not even close),but they happen to be in the same CLASS. Why?Because they both have their distinct mark.

Maybe you don't know. This terminal is better than many you'll find in developed countries.
What I believe we need is a good maintenance culture, and proper service management.

God bless Nigeria.

This is the thing with Nigerians and over sabi. Even the system has grouped us all into CLASS. you are still here arguing like an inducted person.

Is there nothing like upper class, lower class? Middle class blah blahhh...

Net worth, net this. The point is they both know there level in the globla economic strata.

Which level will you naturally fall under in terms of economically CLASS..before you de there de rake.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by purem(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2018
The content of this OP is a form of hatred to the Lagos State government

However I dear you OP to show me terminals around Africa countries that is way more better/constructive/vagant than Lagos ikeja terminal @OP

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by hakimi1974(m): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Why don't we simply let Nairalanders be the judge of that eh smiley
mr man i have seen the ikeja bus terminal, and i must say, kudos to lagos state government. just so you know. the ikeja bus terminal is more pleasant to the eye than some of the cluttered rubbish you posted here.

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Kotodoctor: 9:24am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

You still didn't answer the question.

Something has not even been commissioned, and it has already been underrated? Very petty of you

I know hotels that have beautiful structures than the Sheraton in Lagos, yet Sheraton is still higher than them in both rating and class

Stop belittling the project because you saw better ones. Beautiful designs come up every blessed day.

So until you give me a reason why Ikeja doesn't deserve to be a world class, I'll take it that you have esteem issues. No disrespect please

Go and put the two pictures side by side and and find your reason. With all that is said of picture speaking thousand words you still looking for small reasoning.

Is not like the guy did not put up pictures.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2018
izzou:

The last time I checked. Anybody can decide to tag his property or achievement "World Class".

What exactly is your point? That the Ikeja terminal isn't beautiful enough to be labelled a "World Class"?

Man stop hating and show some love, let's appreciate our own because we are all Nigerians.

I've been around the world but still proud of my country Nigeria.

Show just a little love because out of hate comes emptiness.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:41am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Being a sadist is not good for your health...read through your thread and see how Nairalanders still appreciate the ikeja bus terminal, it is beautiful, period. If you have a problem of it being called world class then show us one thing you have done in your entire life that is world class.

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by RealMillennial(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2018
AS A BIG BOY, LEMME PARK HERE WHILE WAITING 4 MY CASSAVA TO GRIND.
Ehhe what was d topic again?
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by KingOfAmebo(m): 9:44am On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

Go and put the two pictures side by side and and find your reason. With all that is said of picture speaking thousand words you still looking for small reasoning.

Is not like the guy did not put up pictures.

Please define the word "world class" cuz I dont seem to understand why people are so filled with hate that ultimately wont bring peace to their life. You can't be hateful and be peaceful at the same time, it just won't happen.

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 28, 2018
It's our own and it's world class. Kill yourself tongue

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by adeoba2008(m): 9:54am On Mar 28, 2018
The person that opens this thread is suffering from chronic inferiority complex. That is why we are where we are today. African problems should be solved in an African way.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by larot78: 10:02am On Mar 28, 2018
So we should not be critical about government again abi
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by proffemi: 10:02am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Seeing that 'some people' have decided to regale us with images of a supposed World Class Terminal constructed in Lagos, it would serve well to see what exactly WORLD CLASS means.

To me, "world class" means that the facility would not be out of place in the world's top cities. It doesn't necessarily mean it should be an architectural marvel. By that token, I have to say the pictures of the Ikeja terminal meet the definition. No need to make a big deal of this, methinks.

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Rockyrascal(m): 10:06am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Seeing that 'some people' have decided to regale us with images of a supposed World Class Terminal constructed in Lagos, it would serve well to see what exactly WORLD CLASS means.

Luleburgaz Bus Station

these bus stations are more attractive than most government houses in nigeria.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by mediclife1987(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

Is there another WORLD we are not aware of?

Or do you deliberately intend to demean Nigeria by inffering that when they said World Class they really meant THIRD WORLD CLASS?

Meanwhile...,

[imghttps://www.thecable.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Ikeja-bus-terminal-1-968x565.jpg][/img]

What's with the colour riot? Be looking like a circus in an amusement park.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by TourismMan(m): 10:38am On Mar 28, 2018
Chai! This pictures don finish my small MB.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by ariesbull: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2018
I am not getting it....what is world class about this

I drive pass there daily

Lagos get mouth shaa

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nasir123(m): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

This is the thing with Nigerians and over sabi. Even the system has grouped us all into CLASS. you are still here arguing like an inducted person.

Is there nothing like upper class, lower class? Middle class blah blahhh...

Net worth, net this. The point is they both know there level in the globla economic strata.

Which level will you naturally fall under in terms of economically CLASS..before you de there de rake.

OK.

Suit yourself.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Moukandjo: 11:24am On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
Without checking you know this thread was created by a Paralelogram head developer

Bitter ajegbodo people
"Parallelogram head?" grin grin How did you come up with the perfect description that we've looking for all these while?
Guy, you dey craze, I swear!

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2018
Moukandjo:

"Parallelogram head?" grin grin How did you come up with the perfect description that we've looking for all these while?
Guy, you dey craze, I swear!
aka

Plagiocephaly

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Teacher1776(m): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2018
propanet:
Nigerians are known for arrogating big titles to themselves.
Is their slogan.
By the way the mini kiosk beside my house has the inscription " Obi and son's conglomerates"
They use planks to build three classrooms and call it American British international school.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by hakynorlar01(m): 11:41am On Mar 28, 2018
I can't just really understand the essence of this topic.....i think is high time we change our so call African instinct in comparing our ways of doing thing with all these developed countries.
Preferably maybe you should have compared it first with other African countries counterparts.......Please let's learn how to appreciate our own peoples work.....kudos to Gov. Ambode.....Eko o ni baje o!
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 28, 2018
three:

is that ikeja terminal not functional enough to call it world class. does it not have all the facilities to make it conducive for all stakeholders.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
Abode try o... Lagos state is working but honestly speaking there's nothing world class about this bus terminal the same materials and facilities we see everywhere, no creativity in the structure like the above world class terminal you can see quality of material and architectural design that what what set them aside.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by aribisala0(m): 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
WinningSun:

is that ikeja terminal not functional enough to call it world class. does it not have all the facilities to make it conducive for all stakeholders.
It has an important facility that many do not have Parking Space.

The most important thing is functionality and so if it is world class or not depends on it doing what it is supposed to do capacitously ,safely and securely. Does it provide adequate access for disabled people and egress in case of emergency.

World class will be determined WHEN it starts operating
. Is it clean? Are the restrooms clean and adequate. Transfer,boarding efficiency that sort of thing. In short the THINGS that are done by the PEOPLE and the SYSTEMS not the steel and glass and concrete

1 Like

Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Demmzy15(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Look at the pictures very well, do you see gala and fan yogo hawkers there?

By the time gala and fan yogo hawking is banned in Lagos, how would your generations survive?

Instead of typing nonsense and disgracing your ancestors, you should be thinking about how to empower your coming generations by looking for spaces where your children can hawk gala and fan yogo.
grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
It has an important facility that many do not have Parking Space.

The most important thing is functionality and so if it is world class or not depends on it doing what it is supposed to do capacitously ,safely and securely. Does it provide adequate access for disabled people and egress in case of emergency.

World class will be determined WHEN it starts operating
. Is it clean? Are the restrooms clean and adequate. Transfer,boarding efficiency that sort of thing. In short the THINGS that are done by the PEOPLE and the SYSTEMS not the steel and glass and concrete

exactly. people think aesthetic design is more important than functionality. the pictures of that ikeja terminal fulfilled both.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by greenprince(m): 12:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
I live in Europe and I'm sorry I can't find much sense in this.
Re: Thread On "World Class Bus Terminals" by athari22: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
priceaction:
Na wa oo. What is the aim of this thread now? To discredit the Lagos own as local class? I don't know why many people on this forum are so bitter? You are comparing a developing country to many countries that have developed for over 100 years together?
Who does that ,if not a bitter soul.
In the first place, ambo is trying to change the face of Lagos generally. Yes, he makes some harsh policies, but ,hey, this is good for investors in the long run.
Instead of you lots to put pressure on your state government from the other end to have visions, spend money wisely and put meaniful projects on ground, they are building statues and monuments up and down. In the next 15 years when the face of Lagos is totally changed, you will be claiming it was your tax from your 50naira gala that ambo used to megalize Lagos. The only fault I have with the whole story is bubu coming to commission that, which ,to me is unnecessary because of the traffic and pressure it will create on motorists because of many road constructions going on around the exit axis. If it was Accra district that build something like this, it is you lots that will be making mockery of Lagos state upon her IGR. The place that has digital settings and to know the schedule of buses in and out? What else do you want it to have?
By the way, the Ikeja own is one of about 20 stations about to commission in his first tenure. And about 10s of modernised jetty are still underconstruction and many more. Just wait and see. Shebi you hardly sleep while compiling this, by the time he is done and all almost the same time, it is only God that can save you not to go into coma and land in ICU

Softly, softly... He won't repeat that again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

U.S Bans A Female Nigerian Banker For Life Over Fake Visa / 20 Most Ridiculous Overloaded Vehicles Spotted On The Road / The Most Beautiful Park In Lagos, Nigeria (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.