Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here (9972 Views)

Otti Sends Condolence Message To Ikpeazu (photo) / Customs Officers Bid Dikko Farewell (photos) / President Jonathan Condoles With Mrs Oronto Douglas, Signs Condolence Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by marvix(m): 3:30am On May 07, 2010
@kobojunkie I hav no comments 4 u or how else wld u react 2 somone who goes abt reviewin other peoples comments in a condolence register.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Jakumo(m): 6:38am On May 07, 2010
As a hand-selected "president", whose only function in office was to ensure that the financial crimes of his predecessor went unpunished, Yar Adua was a great success.   That predecessor, Mr. Obasanjo, whose most notable theft comprised the entire 16 billion dollar fund allocated for the provision of electricity to Nigeria, walks a free man today in large measure due to his choice of a terminal patient as a successor.

As a national leader, Yar Adua was an absolute, unmitigated failure.  Starting with his numerous "state of emergency" declarations regarding the total absence of electricity in Nigeria, to his numerous foreign trips to seek medical help for his terminal illness, Yar Adua was a classic study in the art of failure, promise delivery and inaction.

If there is any justice in the hereafter, Yar Adua will be placed on a constantly running treadmill, upon which he will walk with the slow deliberate cadence for which he was known during his "life", pausing every 500 years or so to issue yet another state of emergency declaration before resuming his eternal walk that will continue uninterrupted until hell freezes over.

Good bye and good riddance, Yar Adua, you will be missed by your greedy, cunning wife alone, but only because your final departure has deprived her of her lifetime ambition to become First Lady and Looter in Chief.  As a final prayer, may the Great Election Rigger in the Sky ensure that the likes of Yar Adua NEVER get shoe-horned into power as Nigerian president again.   Amen.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by 4tune1(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2010
RIP Umoru, may you pick a better wife if you come back to this world again. Amin
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by otukpo(f): 9:47am On May 07, 2010
i have always said it, Yar'Adua was a good man with a good heart.
May His soul rest in peace.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Rheinmetal(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2010
Adios, Late President Yar' Adua, King and Pawn of Mightly and Lowly Men

Fare thee well in the land of your ancestors.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by ud4u: 10:03am On May 07, 2010
Accept my condolence (Yar'Adua's family). It is a pity
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by otitokoro1: 11:09am On May 07, 2010
Oro nla le daaa!
Eeeee! Oronla leda

Eyin te pomo eye tejeodagba Oro nla le da,

May God grant us all the fortitude to bear the loss.

Rest In Peace Yar' Adua cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 07, 2010
Honestly, I dont know what the big deal is all about.

His death is still one of the best things that has happened to Nigerians! It would have been better if it happened sonner sef, like 3yrs ago!

Anyway sha, I wish him a peaceful rest! cool cool

@ Kosovo! Stop quoting things without reason. Who said his death was untimely undecided
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by RSA(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2010
http://www.thepresidency.gov.za/show.asp?include=president/pr/2010/pr05061257.htm&ID=2119&type=pr

President Jacob Zuma extends condolences on the passing away of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua
6 May 2010

President Jacob Zuma has today (6 May 2010) joined the international community in extending the heartfelt condolences of the government and the people of the Republic of South Africa to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, and the government and the people of Nigeria, following the untimely death of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua last night.

President Zuma said that "I learnt with shock and sadness of the news of the passing away of my brother, President Yar'Adua. On behalf of the Government and people of South Africa, I wish to extend my deepest sympathies and condolences to the family and relatives of President Yar'Adua, the government and the people of this great African nation, Nigeria, as well as the broader ECOWAS community".

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the Nigerian people as you grieve the loss of an outstanding son of the soil. Be assured, my dear brother that your loss is felt beyond your borders and may you find comfort and solace in the knowledge that South Africa is with you during this difficult time”.

South Africa and Nigeria enjoy cordial and fraternal bilateral relations forged throughout the years of the struggle for Africa’s decolonisation. These fraternal relations were significantly further consolidated during Africa’s collective efforts at modernising the continent through NEPAD and other AU programmes.

During his Presidency, President Yar’Adua played a seminal role in the reconstruction and development of Nigeria and advancing Nigeria’s role in the community of nations. It is South Africa’s wish that the leadership of Nigeria will do everything in its power to ensure that this African country forges ahead with the vision of President Yar'Adua to make Africa and the world a better place to live in.

For more information, contact Spokersperson to the President, Vincent Magwenya, on
+27 72 715 0024.

Issued by
The Presidency
Union Buildings
Pretoria

6 May 2010
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by platinumnk(f): 3:52pm On May 07, 2010
Una still cry over the dead man?
Foolish nigerians grin grin
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Akanbiedu(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2010
Jakumo:

As a hand-selected "president", whose only function in office was to ensure that the financial crimes of his predecessor went unpunished, Yar Adua was a great success.   That predecessor, Mr. Obasanjo, whose most notable theft comprised the entire 16 billion dollar fund allocated for the provision of electricity to Nigeria, walks a free man today in large measure due to his choice of a terminal patient as a successor.

As a national leader, Yar Adua was an absolute, unmitigated failure.  Starting with his numerous "state of emergency" declarations regarding the total absence of electricity in Nigeria, to his numerous foreign trips to seek medical help for his terminal illness, Yar Adua was a classic study in the art of failure, promise delivery and inaction.

If there is any justice in the hereafter, Yar Adua will be placed on a constantly running treadmill, upon which he will walk with the slow deliberate cadence for which he was known during his "life", pausing every 500 years or so to issue yet another state of emergency declaration before resuming his eternal walk that will continue uninterrupted until hell freezes over.

Good bye and good riddance, Yar Adua, you will be missed by your greedy, cunning wife alone, but only because your final departure has deprived her of her lifetime ambition to become First Lady and Looter in Chief.  As a final prayer, may the Great Election Rigger in the Sky ensure that the likes of Yar Adua NEVER get shoe-horned into power as Nigerian president again.   Amen.

senseless. I thought good grammar was a sign of good reasoning.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by jamace(m): 7:01pm On May 07, 2010
Like any other mortal, you came, saw and played your own part. May your gentle soul Rest in Peace. Amen.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 07, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

senseless. I thought good grammar was a sign of good reasoning.
Abeg waka pass, I know you for this place, we know who send you come, he uses his grammer to say the truth you use yours to twist the truth, abeg gerrout
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Nobody: 12:04am On May 08, 2010
RIP sir
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by nellaluv(f): 12:33am On May 08, 2010
marvix: @kobojunkie i hav no comments 4 u or how else wld u react 2 somone who goes abt reviewing other peoples comments in a condolence register.
shocked shocked condolence register i laugh in swahilli grin grin
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by zebra543: 5:37am On May 08, 2010
Poor man- he was taken advantage of up until his death, its good to surround yourself with people who have your best interests at heart
RIP Yaradua
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by ODIBABA1: 5:42am On May 08, 2010
Yaradua as president was a monumental failure like his predecessors; just as Nigeria is a failed state. Better gone to have some little rest!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by tennyalad(m): 8:30am On May 08, 2010
A good man too soon gone for some, a bit late for others.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by CuteAngel(f): 8:35am On May 08, 2010
May you rest in piece cuz that is what you need now, so much troubles while u where dead-alive.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by biggiyke(m): 8:52am On May 08, 2010
He was a good man; surrounded by crooks and sycophants.

May his good soul rest in peace; the crooks and sycophants, well,, the good die young.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Nobody: 9:11am On May 08, 2010
^^^ He had a good heart abi? Lol.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by akwaowoudo(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2010
Man can't pospone evil day; sleep well Oh! Architect of amnesty. Adieu!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by adexfem(m): 10:39am On May 08, 2010
MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by eldee(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2010
He was a true gentleman and someone that had dreams for Nigeria.
But at the end of the day he was the most incompetent leader Nigeria ever had.

He was not strong enough to control his own family and aides, that's weakness.
He probably had a conscience, tried as much as possible to use his own moral values to govern Nigeria.
Being a bad leader is not a sin, it's a weakness.

A good human being, a bad leader. . .
RIP . . . may your dreams for Nigeria come to pass.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by tkb417(m): 11:19am On May 08, 2010
May His Soul rest in peace

Go get some rest sir!!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by automarket: 12:10pm On May 08, 2010
Let everyone remember the last day, do the right thing at all time.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by gentlegg(m): 12:54pm On May 08, 2010
Part of me is mournful and sorrowful about this death while part of me is happy that this guy that traumatized our nation since November last year is gone.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by sage2(m): 1:01pm On May 08, 2010
r.i.p

Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by PurestBoy(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2010
[size=8pt]MY WORRY IS THAT TURAI IS STILL YOUNG AND MAY NEED SOMEONE TO SHAG HER TOTO. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH HER CONTACT?[/size]
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by eros(m): 3:19pm On May 08, 2010
I refuse to go with the flow of positive condolences outpouring for Yar´adua. Like Sarah Palin, the Republican Vice President that never was opines: ‘only a dead fish flows with the current.’ Call me names if you like; it takes only Jesus Christ to love his haters. I am only human. In the heat of this moment of general obituary mood in Nigeria, I´d like to maintain the posture of an American rock-band by the name Skunk. The rock musical group Skunk had sung ‘weak, as I am no tears for you.’ This is my position now so far. I have no business pitying dead leaders who can't walk on a straight line and more so, have mercy upon the ordinary citizens. To their family people and hangers-on who egged useless leaders on, I don´t feel your pain. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

You Nigerians should mind your eulogy for political correctness before you wreck yourself. Not mourning without malice has a better definition than supporting bad leaders dead or alive. Every misdirected word you mouth at this moment might indirectly be supporting the brazen corruption that is rife amongst out political leaders back in Nigeria.

Culled from Sarahreporters.
Written by Sunday Njokede
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by bigcal4rea(m): 3:28pm On May 08, 2010
Well Yaradu is a great mad but surrounding my in great nigreian
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Ibomade1: 3:33pm On May 08, 2010
RIP Mr President, I have witness in my heart that you would have at least tried but your failing health did not give you a fighting chance.
At the end of the day you are still a father and a husband and I know that your family will miss you dearly.

Still don't understand why they wanted you to remain inspite of your poor health but I guess we will never understand.

Farewell,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Did Not Collude With Collation Officers, Binani's Claim Is False - INEC / Check Out The Proposed Map Of Biafra / You've Done Well, Osinbajo Tells Anambra Industrialists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.