Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here (9983 Views)

Otti Sends Condolence Message To Ikpeazu (photo) / Customs Officers Bid Dikko Farewell (photos) / President Jonathan Condoles With Mrs Oronto Douglas, Signs Condolence Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Nobody: 10:38am On May 06, 2010
hermosa:

why don't u put a cock on it u fuckin asshole!! he's dead ok? he did all he could do!! your a fuckin asshole and i hope u never get the chance to be anyone great, negative masogynist!!
LMAO

You know you are now a certained doofus.

You started by relating someone else's story about how he'd say nothing when TV channel is changed. Honestly, what importance is that to anything? Or you just wanted to say something cos other people are doing the same?

Do yourself a favour ma'am, put in a cock in it. Will ya!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by chosen04(f): 10:41am On May 06, 2010
E nice:

A great leader and a reformer. May his soul R.I.P

Pls if u dont mind! When, who and what did he reform?
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by marryjay(m): 10:59am On May 06, 2010
LATE UMARU M. YAR'ADUA smiley R.I.P

Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2010
Dear Umaru,
As a person, you looked calm and you looked sincere.
You always came across as someone who had good intentions, and for all that I am sad. cry cry cry cry

BUT angry angry angry angry angry

You were slow and indecisive, you were weak and overly cautious and in the heat of the battle your mind and eventually your weak body lost balance. You sold your soul from accepting to come in by a rigged election and in the process you gave up position of minister of Justice who was supposed to be the general of the war against corruption to the enemy himself.
You were bad at choosing the people around you and equally inept at taking control. You never really spotted your enemies, they stared at you in the face all the time they were dishonesty, betrayal, weakness in mind and body, plus the icing Turai. I blame her not for the things she was accused of, that I cannot prove, I and indeed all Nigerians blame her for not coming out to at least tell the truth, for denying you that final respect which you deserved as the No 1 citizen of this country. My facebook page had more tributes to Da grin who you might have not known than it does for you. It is sad and I am unhappy with you for letting us down.

FINALLY
The beautiful thing about death is, the ones left behind like me and my other Nairaland colleagues are the ones who will break our fingers heads over what was, what is and what will be. Wherever you are please take a glass of wine sit down and watch.

RIP. sad sad sad sad
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by joeycrack: 11:22am On May 06, 2010
While Yar'adua might have not been the greatest of leaders; he was humble, religious and unassuming. Tragic case of a great man surrounding himself with the wrong people leading ultimately to his demise.

He was the 1st Nigerian president to give me hope and even though most of them were dashed due to his illness, I'll always remember the asset declaration, his stand on rule of law, transparency, Niger Delta amnesty and for once having a president who wasn't bent on looting the treasury.

RIP Mr. President.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by walata44(m): 11:31am On May 06, 2010
Adieu mr yar'adua we will never forget your great work seven point agenda , electoral reform ho what a great man

In your dream, ha ha ha
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by lannre(m): 11:46am On May 06, 2010
Although it fall and die that night;

It was the plant and flower of light.

In small proportions we just beauties see;

And in short measure, life may perfect be.

ADIEU PRESIDENT UMAR SHEU YAR'ADUA
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by MaiSuya(m): 11:59am On May 06, 2010
lannre:

Although it fall and die that night;

It was the plant and flower of light.

In small proportions we just beauties see;

And in short measure, life may perfect be.

ADIEU PRESIDENT UMAR SHEU YAR'ADUA

Not bad! cheesy
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Akanbiedu(m): 12:03pm On May 06, 2010
RIP Umar Musa Yar'adua.

You tried for Nigeria. Its a pity people couldn't understand your methods yet.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by MaiSuya(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2010
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, in his tribute, wrote, “What passes for the Nigerian nation is nothing more than a tragic arena, [/b]and Yar‘Adua is only the latest tragic figure. The vampires, including those within his own family, turned him into a mere inert resource for their diabolical schemes.

“They have a reckoning with their conscience, [b]assuming they know what the word means.
One can only hope that, while mouthing sanctimonious platitudes such as ‘Power belongs to God,’ they have now learnt that the politics of Do-or-Die cannot guarantee who does and who dies. They must stop playing God. I pray for the repose of the soul of their latest, much abused innocent victim. Wole Soyinka.”

MINT! grin
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by houvest: 1:16pm On May 06, 2010
TRIBUTE TO LATE PRESIDENT YARADUA.
He came in via a flawed election but gained people's good will when he conceded that the very elections that brought him to power were flawed, he then promised to reform the electoral process and went ahead to set up the Uwais’ Panel. He gained further goodwill when he strongly let the Rule of law be his guiding compass and actually followed it through to a large extent as against his predecessor and installer, OBJ's, style. His 7-Point Agenda for the first time captured the mission Statement of A Nigerian leader in a 'to do' list.

Gradually it became obvious that he had made wrong choice of friends and workers. His sincerity was undermined when some good hands that had been put in place by OBJ were hounded out of office and replaced by apparently lesser achieving individuals while alleged corrupt officials under local and international prosecution were protected by his kitchen Cabinet and others let off the hook. The International community perceived these as slowing down of the momentum of the corruption war that OBJ and Ribadu had raised even though, arguably, selectively and actually gave succour and support to those his rejects. Also his health challenges made his lofty agenda though few appear skewed and unattainable that his then CBN Governor nominee lampooned them as verbose and asked for them to be abridged further to enable success.

His most celebrated achievements arguably are his respect for the Rule of Law and the Amnesty package for the Niger Delta militants which has brought a modicum of peace in that region but like his other projects, follow- up on these programmes was his Achilles’ heel because of his incessant health challenges. His failure in the power sector, electoral reforms, economic buoyancy, anti-corruption war, etc while attributable to his ill health can also be seen as failures in choosing the right people to work with who could have got things moving even when he was absent and lack of trust on and consequently lack of delegation of responsibilities to his Vice, his successor, not really ineptitude in governance. This was clearly played out in the dramatic saga that led to a leadership crisis in the aftermath of his departure to Saudi Arabia in Nov 2009 for medical treatment. While some say he left a handover letter for the National Assembly, the NA never received such and so the records will show him as someone whose acts or inactivity nearly plunged the nation into an abyss.
Again his closeness to Saudi Arabia raised questions about an Islamic agenda
History will not be harsh on him because his health challenges and shortness of tenure do not provide enough parameter for his ultimate assessment just like Ironsi, Murtala , Buhari and Shonekan no matter what anybody may say.

Adieu Mr President. Welcome Mr President.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by beystwin: 1:19pm On May 06, 2010
We will miss you Mr President.
You had Good intentions for us, But sickness did not let you Do your do.
RIP.
cry cry cry
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by kolsrah(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2010
He came,He saw and He conquered.He served humanity to his capacity.He said his late father told him "service to humanity is service to God"What would u be remembered for?May Allah grant him Aljanat-Fridauz and over look his shortcomings. Amin.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by udezue(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2010
SimplySTUPIDchic,lol bishh u must have lost your mind. Who poured sand in your vagina? Is yar adua now a saint coz he is dead? Bishh shut ur two faced ass up. Proper case of monkey see monkey do. All of a sudden it has been fashionable to render praises on him in death. I will be impressed if you defended him like this when he was alive but I guess u had to go with the flow. Tell me a good reason why he deserves no criticism in death and i'll tell u why Abacha deserves a national monument in his honor. Anuofia!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by bilymuse: 1:51pm On May 06, 2010
RIP Mr President
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by udezue(m): 2:03pm On May 06, 2010
It was under his administration that over 1000 Ijaw civilians were slaughtered in the name fighting militancy and he did not bat an eye lid nor did he wish the victims RIP. If being dead automatically earns you respect then we might as well hail Saddam, Hitler, Mousilini, Abacha, Idi Amin. Death does not erase the nor does it exhonorate anyone. I speak my mind and if u don,t like go eat doodoo.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by MaiSuya(m): 2:16pm On May 06, 2010
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your [i]Condolence [/i]And [i]Farewell Message([/i]s) Here

Next time look properly at the title before spewing rubbish, yeye angry
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by udezue(m): 2:39pm On May 06, 2010
My suya,the fact that u fail to accept is that we will say what we feel like regardless of the title of the thread. Na u dey pay my internet bill. Piece of trash. U can't always have it ur way.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On May 06, 2010
. . . . and when I say I fear Nigerian people more than I do the less than 1% in government, some claim I speak mad words.

Look around at the weak cowardly way many are already pretending this man was a Godsend to the Nation the last 10 years. We are speaking of the same man that COSIGNED and brought SHARIA to the Nigerian people; We are speaking of the same man that destroyed the lives of thousands who had the same rights to good healthcare as he so freely accorded himself but were denied,by none other than this same yar adua. . . .

If what we see here is not cowardice, then I do not know what else to label it.  You'd almost think there is a contest running for the best lie about yar adua's life or something.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Hauwa1: 2:56pm On May 06, 2010
Tomorrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

RIP dan uwa na
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by udezue(m): 3:25pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie,its a damn shame man. This the reason that nation will continue to produce the same monsters coz all u have to is loot, die and u will get immortalized regardless of ur shameful actions. The way these ppl can from 0 to 180 degrees is scary. maybe they are scared yar adua will resurrect from the dead and slap em lol smdh
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by EzeUche(m): 3:28pm On May 06, 2010
udezue:

Kobojunkie,its a damn shame man. This the reason that nation will continue to produce the same monsters coz all u have to is loot, die and u will get immortalized regardless of your shameful actions. The way these ppl can from 0 to 180 degrees is scary. maybe they are scared yar adua will resurrect from the dead and slap em lol smdh

Just respect for the dead. I feel this is a opportunity for all southerners. Let us get rid of this zoning agreement and let only qualified people run for the top spot.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On May 06, 2010
Of what good is your respect for the dead? Do the dead care for your respect for them? Do you even have an ounce of that respect you seem to have for the dead, for the living, whose lives are directly/indirectly affected by your actions ? 

For those of you who plan to come at me pretending to be religiously/morally superior, I ask how you can respect the dead and how much of that respect you have for your God whose commandment includes THOU SHALL NOT LIE? Are you going to tell us next that God DOES NOT MIND if you lie when it has to do with the dead?

udezue:

Kobojunkie,its a damn shame man. This the reason that nation will continue to produce the same monsters coz all u have to is loot, die and u will get immortalized regardless of your shameful actions. The way these ppl can from 0 to 180 degrees is scary. maybe they are scared yar adua will resurrect from the dead and slap em lol smdh

na wa ooo!!! Nigerians really tire me ooO!!!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by pheonixChi(f): 3:33pm On May 06, 2010
@ post and responses

[size=14pt]YOU GOT TO BE FRIGGING KIDDING ME!!!![/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

When a man is dead he is judged by the life he lived.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by tanimz(f): 3:39pm On May 06, 2010
RIP cry cry cry
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by ogilvy2009(m): 3:46pm On May 06, 2010
In deed, we Nigerians do mourn the demise of our dear father, brother, uncle, friend, colleague and a distinguished fellow who strived to keep the affairs of the country in the detriment of his health. He indeed served and would eternally be remembered.

Now that Yar'Adua has departed, there are various lesson I may need to share with my buddies right here,
The people that prevented government officials especially the VP from seeing him, may have unknowingly been agents of goodwill. I remember that when Abacha died, it was believed he was given a 'poisoned apple', who knows if its true! The issue of being endangering the late President's health may have been the first issue why they prevented 'power hungry' suspects. But I see the government officials as being honest in all ramification and wished our Late President well, but would have been accused by them if they have given them access. I thank God it didn't arise. Perhaps they may have come up that they eliminated him to take over.

Now the other lesson here, is, we may have learnt in the dramatic roll up of events is for posterity.

Let's be aware that we are pledged to love this country to be united, we must be involved in our actions and speeches. To learn from all these, especially act accordingly to the constitutions, otherwise, we may be trading on the route for national disintegration, We as a people must work hard to study, educate ourselves to engage in a healthy competition and understand governance as a tool to MOVE NIGERIA FORWARD - NOT UNNECESSSARY STAGNATION - like experienced in Yar'Adua's illness due to personal and selfish interests.

I love Nigeria, it is so unique in shape, rich in cultural heritage - North, South, East and West. And I send my warmest condolence to the immediate family. May His Soul Rest in Peace, Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by udezue(m): 4:01pm On May 06, 2010
Yeah the respect for the dead will fix all our problems.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by chosen04(f): 4:05pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

. . . . and when I say I fear Nigerian people more than I do the less than 1% in government, some claim I speak mad words.

Look around at the weak cowardly way many are already pretending this man was a Godsend to the Nation the last 10 years. We are speaking of the same man that COSIGNED and brought SHARIA to the Nigerian people; We are speaking of the same man that destroyed the lives of thousands who had the same rights to good healthcare as he so freely accorded himself but were denied,by none other than this same yar adua. . . .

If what we see here is not cowardice, then I do not know what else to label it. You'd almost think there is a contest running for the best lie about yar adua's life or something.

Thank for nailing it in a grand style.

Kobojunkie:

Of what good is your respect for the dead? Do the dead care for your respect for them? Do you even have an ounce of that respect you seem to have for the dead, for the living, whose lives are directly/indirectly affected by your actions ?

For those of you who plan to come at me pretending to be religiously/morally superior, I ask how you can respect the dead and how much of that respect you have for your God whose commandment includes THOU SHALL NOT LIE? Are you going to tell us next that God DOES NOT MIND if you lie when it has to do with the dead?

na wa ooo!!! Nigerians really tire me ooO!!!

ROTFLAMAAOBPO
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by joeycrack: 4:15pm On May 06, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If what we see here is not cowardice, then I do not know what else to label it.  You'd almost think there is a contest running for the best lie about yar adua's life or something.  
Kobojunkie:

Kobojunkie, this is a place to drop a farewell message for the president, he affected people in different ways. It's perfectly fine if you don't have anything good to say about him  but do not attack those who want to mourn and pay their respect. It is unbecoming to attack anyone who doesn't share your views. We are all capable of evaluating his administration and don't need you to remind us of problems Nigeria had even before he came to power.

Also, nobody is lying or saying he was the best thing since slice bread, what people are doing is to look at what they perceive as the positives of his regime instead of slagging him off when it's of no benefit to anyone.
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On May 06, 2010
joeycrack:

Kobojunkie, this is a place to drop a farewell message for the president, he affected people in different ways. It's perfectly fine if you don't have anything good to say about him  but do not attack those who want to mourn and pay their respect.

I attack people by urging them to SPEAK THE TRUTH rather than ridicule the thousands who have gone to their graves as a result of this man's many years of adamant hold on to power?

By the way, how did he directly affect your own life? Please indulge us.

joeycrack:
It is unbecoming to attack anyone who doesn't share your views. We are all capable of evaluating his administration and don't need you to remind us of problems Nigeria had even before he came to power.

Interesting  . . . . telling folks to be more honest in their dealings with the dead, even as they were, and still are with the living, is UNBECOMING  . . . weeeee !!!!

Why did your evaluation of this same administration change drastically with his death? I mean the man's record of incompetence has remained sealed since November of last year. He has not added or removed from that record since then so what brought about this sudden TWIST OF TONGUES and RE-EVALUATION? FEAR OF DEATH, maybe? Like someone said, fear the man might come back from the dead to haunt you? I don't get it. What changed?

joeycrack:
Also, nobody is lying or saying he was the best thing since slice bread, what people are doing is to look at what they perceive as the positives of his regime instead of slagging him off when it's of no benefit to anyone.

Positives of his regime? You do realize we are speaking of the very same regime/period that essentially ended back on November 26th, since the man has been missing in action since then. Could you care naming some of them, with FACTS please? Cause I really want to know where the FANTOM positives, i have read of so far, suddenly came from. 

Speaking of benefits, what benefit is it for you and other to now pretend it was all good with this man? Who benefits from all the sweet talk for the dead? The DEAD? The LIVING? Or the UNFORTUNATE?
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by AjanleKoko: 4:33pm On May 06, 2010
Adios, Umaru!

Your life was just like that of any other politician from your part of the country. Didn't have a darned clue about nothing, and as such achieved basically nothing really. Your style was definitely out of touch with the 21st century. At least you exited the stage early, thank Goodness.

I wouldn't miss you much. So many Nigerians who deserved to live, have died due to your inaction. But I bet your family, and a whole bunch of doctors in Europe and the Middle East, prolly will.

Godspeed!
Re: Yar'adua: Drop Your Condolence And Farewell Message(s) Here by safeact(m): 4:39pm On May 06, 2010
Hello friends and countrymen, i have come to bury Yaradua, our past president, and not to praise him! Yaradua was a just man, d first graduate president, and a president committed to d rule of law. Who said Yaradua was a corrupt man and a power hunger? That must be ambiquous and carrous. Yaradua died to save d nation and to remedy his name which has been mesmerised by his managers! His wife could not believe it when he told her that he wants to end d suffering and to die for d nation until yesterday when he eventually switch off his life support machine. Oh our dear president, now i believe what u always tell me that it is better for one man to die for d nation than for a whole country to perish because of one man. D good and evil is often intered with their bönes, so it be with u, d power hungary Turia and d cabals. May ur gentle soul rest with Allah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Relocate From Flood-prone Areas, Ogun Urges Residents / Wike: Any Rivers PDP Candidate Will Win APC In 2023 / FG Plans To Revive National Shipping Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.