Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir (42158 Views)

Ganduje Deploys Security Men To Emir Sanusi's Palace / Femi Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi: You Are Reaping What You Sowed / Seni Saraki Pays Homage To Emir Of Ilorin As His Father Watched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:49am On Apr 02, 2018
hakanai:

Yea its being shut. I only typed. I don't know if you type while talking.... grin

good one grin

ill let you go this time. .
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by hakanai(m): 9:51am On Apr 02, 2018
enemyofprogress:
abeg abeg make we hear word jo

Did you mean read words....?

I can send you audio if you want sha grin grin grin grin
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by hakanai(m): 9:53am On Apr 02, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Just shut up

Yea its being shut. I only typed. I don't know if you type while talking.... grin
Hope you won't take away my right to type too sire...

(pardon me ,got tired so i did a copy and paste)
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by achiever12: 9:55am On Apr 02, 2018
SEMO007:

Maybe responding is his hustle
Big man hustle
And urs is to what?
Na u no people wey no the hustle

If you can use your brain to think instead of hating on FFK because he isn't in your party, you will see sense in what I wrote.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by hakanai(m): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

good one grin

ill let you go this time. .

This ya name sha says alot...!

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2018
hakanai:

This ya name sha says alot...!

Gods Bless my brother.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by hakanai(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2018
PAGAN9JA:

Gods Bless my brother.

You too bro. Nairaland sure ease the steam when you neeed too! grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:03am On Apr 02, 2018
hakanai:

You too bro. Nairaland sure ease the steam when you neeed too! grin

Aye
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Dotman2210(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2018
SEMO007:
The way FFK responds to everything and anything makes its seems as if he is jobless

Must he always use insulting words

#justasking
He is so predictable

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by AdamuAudu: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2018
hakanai:

The term Emir is not solely a title of the Fulani or Hausas rather one shared across Asia/Middle east as borrowed from the arab title. Just like we would often use the word Lord,highness,excellency,royal father,chief,priest etc. They are all not of African or Nigerian traditional words or title.Rather all borrowed terms from outside our culture.

FFK maybe right and maybe wrong. Depending on the context he applies. If he is doing cause of fanaticism them he is not being fair. Whilst if it is meant to preserve the culture of a people and traditional term Oba then he is right.

FFK shouldn't be getting things always mixed up cause of hate for Muslims and Fulani or northerners .The fact as used in the North doesn't mean it wasn't foreign as well.The Fulani as well have local title.Traditional titles they use e.g. Ardo whilst the Hausa also have Sarki.Going around the North you have alot of Titles.

[b]Wikipedia: [/b]An emir (/əˈmɪər, eɪˈmɪər, ˈeɪmɪər/; Arabic: أمير‎ ʾamīr [ʔaˈmiːr]), sometimes transliterated amir, amier, or ameer, is an aristocratic or noble and military title of high office used in a variety of places in the Arab countries and Afghanistan. It means "commander", "general", or "prince". The feminine form is emira (أميرة ʾamīrah). When translated as "prince", the word "emirate" is analogous to a sovereign principality.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emir
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_(ruler)

Am sure you are carrying the same holo block brain like Buhari himself, otherwise, you should have known that the avocs committed by the Fulanis against the christinas and others are all over the world. In Nigerians, the Fulanis, boko harams have told us openly that they will not release the christain girl, yet you are talking rubbish there.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Firgemachar: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2018
deomelo:

This ipob is still claiming Yoruba?

Why are you defending the oluwo and attacking anyone who condemns him

Doesn't he deserve the insults

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Charly68: 10:15am On Apr 02, 2018
FFK ! Always love your grammatical prowess.. & up to date analytical commentaries . Greater wisdom sir..
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by LZAA: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2018
imhotep:
resurgentxtian4, come and behold the fruits of sai babarism.
cc lzaa onyeoga
grin grin
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Hintboy: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2018
Markfemi2:

What has he said that is uneducated ?
Why are some Muslim elements of Yoruba land hell bent on being eager slaves to sultan ?
Why don’t Yoruba muslims control Islam the way Yoruba Christains control Christainity in Nigeria !

HAHAHAHAHAHAH......I remember when this same guy fought me severally for pointing out Yoruba mo-slims for what they truly are - saboteurs, fifth columnists, modern day Afonja. He'd dish out insults and say there is nothing like "Yoruba moslem" and that we are the same. See, I understood your predicament and ignorance because I was once like you...Until i started paying attention and eventually saw the light. Yoruba Moslem are not who we think they are. And as resurgentxtian4 had said, this is due to the indifference, laid back and docile attitudes of most Yoruba Christians. It is high time we woke up and call these fanatics to order. They should stop bringing ridicule to the Yoruba. resurgentxtian4, this is Colonel. I greet you my brother. Been following your posts for a while.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by hakanai(m): 11:03am On Apr 02, 2018
AdamuAudu:
Am sure you are carrying the same holo block brain like Buhari himself, otherwise, you should have known that the avocs committed by the Fulanis against the christinas and others are all over the world. In Nigerians, the Fulanis, boko harams have told us openly that they will not release the christain girl, yet you are talking rubbish there.

How does all the nonsense you have said relate to the issue of changing a title name from yoruba Oba to Emir/Amir of Arab tradition...? When you cross the stage of being driven by other issues to comment on others. I mean when you can really see what is in front of you.We can be sure to get a better response or sensible contribution from you.

"holo block brain like Buhari" Buhari hmmmmm!! President of Nigeria...why do i have a feeling he out played you or out smarted you.To be down there complaining and him being up there leading you. Something tells me you are more daft that he is. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Printerscanner: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

FFK reacting to the development tweeted;

"This is Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, the Oluwo of Iwo who now insists that he must be called the Emir of Yorubaland."

"He is a gutless and treacherous bastard who is an Islamofascist and who has sold his people to the Fulani raiders."

"May God curse the day that he was born."
https://politicsngr.com/gutless-bastard-fani-kayode-reacts-yoruba-oba-converting-emir/

If FFK call Oluwo of Iwoland a bastard, what do we call the unfortunate parents that gave birth to an unfortunate child like him?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2018
Burgerlomo:
FFK has no right whatsoever to insult him talk less of calling a whole king a bastard no matter what his offense may be, it clearly shows that the slowpoke lack a home training cool
To hell with your home training. Fuckkk all of you Yoruba moslemss..

2 Likes

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Burgerlomo: 11:50am On Apr 02, 2018
Cretaceous:

To hell with your home training. Fuckkk all of you Yoruba moslemss..

FYI dummy, I am a Christian. So f**k you cool
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2018
Burgerlomo:

FYI dummy, I am a Christian. So f**k you cool
Your type is one of the accursed slaves FFK talked about. Useful Idiot
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by computergenius(m): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
Kasa! Abomination! Heresy! Sacrilege! The ancestors of the yoruba are turning in their graves right now at the action of this fool calling himself emir of iwoland. This fool thinks the democratic monarchy or kingships called Oba in yorubaland is the same as the mad tyrants and absolute totalitarian monarchs called Emirs and Sultants in the North. This is a bad omen. This man is ignorant of history. May his ancestors punish him for this sacrilege. May his ancestors who fought hard to prevent domination by the fulani muslims and prevent islamization of yorubaland punish this man for his treachery. Please dethrone this fool before he causes too much damage. If Yoruba Obas are quarreling among them it is because they are at least trying to tell each other the truth to bring out improvement in Yorubaland, something that does not happen in the north because a few people have successfully enslaved the entire population.
Ah! Ife the place of origin of the Yoruba. Anytime a serious problem is going to affect yorubaland it always starts from Ife. The ancestors of the yoruba developed a system of democratic monarchial rule called Oba. This system was so successful that at one point in african history the two yoruba empires of Oyo empire and Benin empire were the largest in Africa spanning many countries in west africa including Benin and Togo and parts of Ghana. Why was the Oba system so successful? Because it was more democratic than other leadership systems present in Africa at the time. A Yoruba Oba is not an absolute monarch. The powers of the Oba are controlled to allow freedom of speech and prevent them from turning into tyrants. A master-slave relationship does not exist between a yoruba Oba and his people unlike the Emirs and Sultans in the North that turn their own people to total slaves. An Oba has a council of senatorial chiefs called Oloyes that take decisions. The council includes his chief political advicers (otun and osi) and his chief military commanders (Balogun and Bashorun and Akogun) and economic advisers Alaje and Iyalode. The real power is in the hand of his council of chiefs as the Oba cannot change their decision but must abide with it. If he cannot abide with it he must commit suicide. The yoruba Oba is not above the law of the land. If he commits murder or sleeps with another mans wife he will be detroned and exiled or killed. An Oba cannot sentence an accused to death without the council of chiefs giving fair trial to the accused. On the other hand an Emir or Sultan is an absolute monarch with Absolute power to kill to steal and do as he likes without restraint. Many modern yoruba kings are hidding behind religion and are now trying to change this traditions for selfish reasons and to transform themselves to absolute monarchs that can do anything they want without restraint by the people.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by resurgentxtian4: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2018
Cretaceous:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH......I remember when this same guy fought me severally for pointing out Yoruba mo-slims for what they truly are - saboteurs, fifth columnists, modern day Afonja. He'd dish out insults and say there is nothing like "Yoruba moslem" and that we are the same. See, I understood your predicament and ignorance because I was once like you...Until i started paying attention and eventually saw the light. Yoruba Moslem are not who we think they are. And as resurgentxtian4 had said, this is due to the indifference, laid back and docile attitudes of most Yoruba Christians. It is high time we woke up and call these fanatics to order. They should stop bringing ridicule to the Yoruba. resurgentxtian4, this is Colonel. I greet you my brother. Been following your posts for a while.

Brotherly! Where have you been?

I miss you so much. Do come around more often,please.

I can’t face these detractors of oduaaa alone.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Burgerlomo: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
Cretaceous:

Your type is one of the accursed slaves FFK talked about. Useful Idiot

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Brotherly! Where have you been?

I miss you so much. Do come around more often,please.

I can’t face these detractors of oduaaa alone.
Bro, I have given up oo...The more you try to set them thinking, the more gullible the become. Just see the foool, burgerlomo above me as an example. These guys love their chains. Let them enjoy their slavery and face the Strom alone. Check my post...I'm planning to have all my kids abroad. that's my own exit strategy out of this Islamic shithole. the only thing still keeping me here is my job. None of my kids will be born in this shithole. I salute your courage bro, bit unfortunately, I have taken a bow. Sometimes, when I hear Yoruba Christians speak outside of nairaland, you'd see me that trying to awaken these people is nothing but a pure waste of time. At least I'm glad that markfemi has regained his sense.
political correctness will be the Achilles heel of the Yoruba, especially the Christians.
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by Burgerlomo: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
Cretaceous:

Bro, I have given up oo...The more you try to set them thinking, the more gullible the become. Just see the foool, burgerlomo above me as an example. These guys love their chains. Let them enjoy their slavery and face the Strom alone. Check my post...I'm planning to have all my kids abroad. that's my own exit strategy out of this Islamic shithole. the only thing still keeping me here is my job. None of my kids will be born in this shithole. I salute your courage bro, bit unfortunately, I have taken a bow. Sometimes, when I hear Yoruba Christians speak outside of nairaland, you'd see me that trying to awaken these people is nothing but a pure waste of time. At least I'm glad that markfemi has regained his sense.
political correctness will be the Achilles heel of the Yoruba, especially the Christians.

God bless the Yoruba race, God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria and God bless the United States of America. One Love cool

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by SEMO007(m): 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
achiever12:

If you can use your brain to think instead of hating on FFK because he isn't in your party, you will see sense in what I wrote.

Guy park well
Look for somewhere else to show ur frustration
Who is hating
Get off my mentions bro
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by SEMO007(m): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2018
AdamuAudu:
Ask yourself why would the yorubas always enslave themselves to the Housas even though, the Hausas have done so much avoc against the Yorubas. For example, the Hausas poisoned Awo and killed, killled Abiola and his wife, imprisoned Obasanjo, jailed Gen, Paul Diya and many other avocs against the yorubas yet they continue to ensalve themselves for the northerners.

I only ask must he use insulting words ?
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by achiever12: 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
SEMO007:

Guy park well
Look for somewhere else to show ur frustration
Who is hating
Get off my mentions bro

Empty ranting as usual.

Stop hating on FFK for not being part of your party. Hatred can lead you to an early grave
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by SEMO007(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
U want to be popular with your stupidity abi I see

Keep quoting me it would make u popular hope it pays ur bills and makes FKK acknowledge u

Thanks for been a fan

achiever12:

Empty ranting as usual.

Stop hating on FFK for not being part of your party. Hatred can lead you to an early grave
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by achiever12: 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
SEMO007:

U want to be popular with your stupidity abi I see

Keep quoting me it would make u popular hope it pays ur bills and makes FKK acknowledge u

Thanks for been a fan

I wait til hatred kills you so that I can eat free akara at your wake keep.

Useful idiot
Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by SEMO007(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
achiever12:

I wait til hatred kills you so that I can eat free akara at your wake keep.

Useful idiot

Hahahahah
Finally u showed urself
Simple talk u turn it to insults
Is FFK your uncle?
Did I use ur data?
Did I use ur phone?
Did I tag u in my post?
Was I talking to you?
Next time u see my post u just ignore
Keep your frustration to yourself
Bingo

Datz how u wud disgrace your lineage by been stupid

Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir by achiever12: 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=SEMO007 post=66374808][/quote]

grin

Just read the nonsense you wrote there and you will agree that you are a full blown idiot. You are just abusing yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shekarau's Defection To PDP In 2014 & 2022 In Pictures: Has Anything Changed? / Why I Don’t Wear Uniform – Customs Boss, Hammed Alli / Omoyele Sowore With MKO Abiola In 1993 Fighting For Democracy (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.