Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria (8851 Views)

More Anti-igbo Songs intercepted - FG / Audio & Transcript Of Anti-Igbo Song In Hausa Language Now In Circulation / Anti-Igbo Song Calling For Genocide In Circulation In Northern Nigeria - Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by oyatz(m): 12:00am On Apr 05, 2018
I can't just stop laughing reading this.

Clinton9000:
A Nairalander few months ago perfectly described the relationship between Igbos and Nigeria. He said Igbos is that smart, blessed kid in secondary school that everybody wants to be associated with, copy from and be in a group or team with. The smart kid Igbo doesn't want to copy from anyone because he is confident in his abilities. If he wants to change class because he doesn't like how he is being treated or the condition of the class, the rest of the class will gang up to stop him. Ok, the Igbo kid says...take my books, take my answers, just let me go with nothing, they said no...lol.What is even interesting in that class is if anything not about Igbo is being discussed, nobody is interested. But as as that thing involves Igbo, everybody will pay serious attention and join. You notice how Igbo thread drives Nairaland?

If you want to test my hypothesis, open two threads, same topic, one about Yoruba and the other about Igbo. I promise you, within 10 mins, the Igbo thread will be 3 pages while Yoruba will still be on page zero. Even Yorubas will not touch their own thread, but will instead rush enter Igbo thread like a rat being bated....most of them are not doing this consciously, it's like a spirit pushing them in the direction of the chosen children of God.

2 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Bede2u(m): 12:02am On Apr 05, 2018
TheCabal:

Yet, not one Nigerian of pure eastern ancestry is on the Forbes list. undecided

What is your defination of "ahead of you". I have eastern relations pure and mixed; I know what poverty in the east looks and unfortunately feels like.

The eastern part of Nigeria is the worst part of Nigeria to live on less than a dollar a day.

The entire wealth generated by most eastern businessmen comes from the ports (import). The current disapproval from the eastern elites towards the current government is largely associated with the new policies in the ports.

The large rise in IGR from the customs and sister agencies came out of the improvement in revenue collections, the bans of tooth picks, rice and others affected more eastern business than others.

I have said it in the past, eastern businesses cannot compete with the current changes in the Nigerian economy, they are already making less money, than their counterparts in the north; south-south and south-west.

I can write a whole academic paper on the demise of the eastern commercial hegemony. Coscharis recently accessed a 10billion naira loan from the FGN and our pride Innoson loan from GTB was about 3BN; compared to Rabiu BUA or Aliko Dangote accessing loans running to hundreds and billions of dollars. BUA $400+ M, Dangote $10+ B.

I mean you cannot tell anyone than Osha (Onitsha) has far more millionaires than Kano city; you can claim it but the IGR tells us a different story; generally.

Half your productive workforce is either in Lagos or offshore. You have a big problem in the east, and your solution lies in real and not suppose commercial and industrial output on Nigerian soil.

What will become of eastern business as more products are banned?

Lol...I must really have hit a nerve for u to be compelled to write this novel.

Pre 1966 when all tribes and regions were given a level playing field, the richest Nigerian was Igbo. The east was the economic hub of the nation (if u discount Lagos the capital).

Fast foward to after the war and when merit has been jettisoned....u now get Yorubas and hausas who are all oil billionaires (minus dangote and rabiu who are govt puppets).

Igbos are the least poor region in Nigeria regardless of all ur injustices against us. We are the ones opening up those new factories in ogun and lagos. We are the ones bringing back all those foreign exchange from abroad. We are the ones taking advantage of bans on import to manufacture replicas in Aba. We are the ones bold enough to go and open a shop in the most dreaded area of the north. We are the ones currently buying choice property in Abuja...after u guys will start crying that igbos must leave Abuja.

We the ones u love to hate...we are igbos

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by JikanBaura(m): 12:15am On Apr 05, 2018
Let everybody stay in his region, the number of igbos flooding northern Nigeria is very alarming, millions of them are buying land here and there, if you really want biafra why are relocating to our regions , it's better you go back and build your own region, Nigeria will definitely divided someday and igbos will lose the most.

We will not allowed you to stay in our land after Divittion, you will lost your business, properties and if you dare to stay, I'm afraid Igbo will face something worse than xenophobia.

I advise you to better go back and build your region, stop claiming some people states as no man's states, I my love to have nothing to do with Igbo is why I'm advising you guys.

1 Like

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by oyatz(m): 12:19am On Apr 05, 2018
Sir, is it the same creator that created igbos that also created Nupe,Berom, Igala, Fulani, Yoruba etc?

freeze001:

OP made a comparison between reactions to the plan of the FG to legitimise terrorism via thoughtless amnesty for those supposedly defeated/degraded and responses to anything about the Igbo. Shame no let u see road na still Igbo matter u carry for head. Left for u guys the entire Igbo speaking people should be proscribed as terrorists and criminals whilst BH recognised as one of the deadliest terrorist groups worldwide would get commendation for their gallant actions from people like you but God pass una.

He who created and dwells among the Igbo is greater than all other evil external forces.

1 Like

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Bede2u(m): 12:20am On Apr 05, 2018
JikanBaura:
Let everybody stay in his region, the number of igbos flooding northern Nigeria is very alarming, millions of them are buying land here and there, if you really want biafra why are relocating to our regions , it's better you go back and build your own region, Nigeria will definitely divided someday and igbos will lose the most.

We will not allowed you to stay in our land after Divittion, you will lost your business, properties and if you dare to stay, I'm afraid Igbo will face something worse than xenophobia.

I advise you to better go back and build your region, stop claiming some people states as no man's states, I my love to have nothing to do with Igbo is why I'm advising you guys.
when will nigeria divide? Why not now?

1 Like

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by JikanBaura(m): 12:25am On Apr 05, 2018
Bede2u:

Pre 1966 when all tribes and regions were given a level playing field, the richest Nigerian was Igbo. The east was the economic hub of the nation (if u discount Lagos the capital).

Fast foward to after the war and when merit has been jettisoned....u now get Yorubas and hausas who are all oil billionaires (minus dangote and rabiu who are govt puppets).

Igbos are the least poor region in Nigeria regardless of all ur injustices against us. We are the ones opening up those new factories in ogun and lagos. We are the ones bringing back all those foreign exchange from abroad. We are the ones taking advantage of bans on import to manufacture replicas in Aba. We are the ones bold enough to go and open a shop in the most dreaded area of the north. We are the ones currently buying choice property in Abuja...after u guys will start crying that igbos must leave Abuja.

You are hated and yet you continue to build others people region, love yourself channel your wealth back to your region before it too late for you.

Nigeria will certainly devide sooner or later, stop boasting, my brother the land you bought, will no longer be yours when Nigeria divide for no one will want to have your tribe stay in their land after agitating for Divition. If you don't have land buy it now because land in your region will be scars. Advice your people.

1 Like

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by oyatz(m): 12:26am On Apr 05, 2018
We love Igbos, where did you get the wrong impression that we hate igbos?
Igbos are our neighbours, traders, pastors/priests, Doctors, Police men, Okada riders ,Chemists ,legislators, tenants ,GFs and some have become our family members.
Igbos add their own impacts (both positive and not-too-positive) to the Nigerian State.
Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Bede2u(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2018
JikanBaura:

You are hated and yet you continue to build others people region, love yourself channel your wealth back to your region before it too late for you.

Nigeria will certainly devide sooner or later, stop boasting, my brother the land you bought, will no longer be yours when Nigeria divide for no one will want to have your tribe stay in their land after agitating for Divition. If you don't have land buy it now because land in your region will be scars. Advice your people.
Shut up. Wretched ppl who want to reap whr they didnt sow. U are already waiting for igbo man land to steal? And u wonder why ur region is poorest in Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by JikanBaura(m): 12:53am On Apr 05, 2018
Bede2u:
when will nigeria divide? Why not now?

When igbo politicians are patriotic enough to their tribe and resign demanding your freedom , mass back-migration of igbos to their land. Dont your people see how it was done in other part of the world

Namdi Kanu igbos most influential son, Nigeria armies invade his house and he is nowhere to be found, surprisingly your igbos have kept quiet, you are no longer talking about him, no more agitating, you are now back into the system as wellers not soscestionist.
Wallahi igbos have surprised and dissapointed me, you betray Kanu, wallahi i was scare that you will burn Nigeria if anything happens to him.... Mtswwt just shame on you double face , I told myself to never take your tribe serious, just hope Kanu is still alive so he would learn a big lesson.

If it yoruba or Hausa people that want Nigeria devide the story will be different because they won't betray theirselves, their leaders like you.

2 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by konfused: 12:57am On Apr 05, 2018
JikanBaura:

Negodu onye na enye madu advise, negodu udi oyibo o na ede.......

Ike gwuru

Hate us or love us, we will still be on top, and we all gonna shine till our heart stop. You all can go ahead and envy us because we are the BEST......

IGBO AMAKA!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Bede2u(m): 1:02am On Apr 05, 2018
JikanBaura:

When igbo politicians are patriotic enough to their tribe and resign demanding your freedom , mass back-migration of igbos to their land. Dont your people see how it was done in other part of the world

Namdi Kanu igbos most influential son, Nigeria armies invade his house and he is nowhere to be found, surprisingly your igbos have kept quiet, you are no longer talking about him, no more agitating, you are now back into the system as wellers not soscestionist.
Wallahi igbos have surprised and dissapointed me, you betray Kanu, wallahi i was scare that you will burn Nigeria if anything happens to him.... Mtswwt just shame on you double face , I told myself to never take your tribe serious, just hope Kanu is still alive so he would learn a big lesson.

If it yoruba or Hausa people that want Nigeria devide the story will be different because they won't betray theirselves, their leaders like you.
In 1966, the Igbos all resigned and went back to the east like u suggested....why didnt Nigeria divide then?

The yorubas who were all no where to be found when Abiola was robbed of his victory and his wife killed?

The hausas? Probably the weakest tribe in Nigeria! Has an hausa man ever ruled Nigeria? U guys watched as just a few fulani ppl colonised u all. The most backward tribe in Nigeria...the least intelligent tribe. Even vp post hausa never see! Every core hausa man should hide his face. Disgraceful ppl

4 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Truthcat: 1:18am On Apr 05, 2018
And another proof that you ibos don't want biafra.

Why in the world do you need amnesty if you believe in biafra?
Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Adelaide2: 2:06am On Apr 05, 2018
Alariiwo:

Igbos are doing better than "noone" my friend..

Even without war or insurgency, the SE still ranks low in terms of development and sustainability.
The unemployment rate ranks highest in the SE
The security is nothing to write home about.
Talking about infrastructures, it's zero

Wake up boy! There is nothing special about South East or her inhabitants

This is very laughable. You are deluded.

3 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Corrinthians(m): 4:21am On Apr 05, 2018
GenbIoodykiller:

reminds me of ritababe
Me it reminds me of Nnamdidiot Cowmumu. He was a hypocrite Pig. angry
Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by freeze001(f): 4:52am On Apr 05, 2018
oyatz:
Sir, is it the same creator that created igbos that also created Nupe,Berom, Igala, Fulani, Yoruba etc?

Speak for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Onenaira1: 5:22am On Apr 05, 2018
OP that's why I have decided to give them that same fucking hate by a billion times and I'm not apologetic about it either. And I'm grateful to God more Igbos are learning to give them back that hate back as well and I pray more Igbos, especially those one Niggerians Igbos, wake the Bleep up. Our parents made the most mistake by EVER seeing those animals as 'brethren' and v treating them like humans, only to get hate back from those ugly ass pigs. Whenever I see those animals wailing on IPOB and "hate speech", I feel like spitting in the face of those hypocritical animals. I always find it hilarious when those animals wail about Igbo laughing at their dead victims yet forgetting they started that shit. Hell fucking yeah I will laugh, mock and maybe even fucking party on knowing Boko Haram and/or Fulanis herdsmen are slaughtering una by your thousands exactly the same way you pigs laughed and locked Massob, IPOB and other Igbo group were killed extra judicary

Swear to you, you really don't know how much I fucking despise that shithole and every worthless, useless, animalistic Savage tribes located in that shithole especially those Southwest demons. I wish nothing but hell for that shithole and I'm grateful to God that piece of shit stays Being a hellhole till the point other Africans use them to laugh at. Those animals deserve nothing but disaster every month and thank Hod that stays happening.

Any Igbo I see treating those animals with any form of respect Or even an ounce of love to me is a complete, utter, ediot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Onenaira1: 5:39am On Apr 05, 2018
honeychild:

I didn’t deny that most Nigerians dislike Igbos. i am telling you the reason why. You cant keep crying “they hate us” when it is your attitude that breeds the dislike. Even God has told you he can’t stand your attitude.

STFU and stop dragging God in your illiteracy. God dey Igbo side and have cursed the shit out of una.

Igboland went through civil war and with zero aid from anyone rebuilt herself back to the same level as you rats that didn't even experience. Hell is even Igbo billionaires bailing you rats out of the shitty mess you lots put una selves in. Remind us again, who the Bleep bailed you monkeys out during your fuel problem? Who was the person that got your football team out of the embarrassment of your FG inability to make their payment.
Hell it was the same Igbo woman you animals have been trying to drag down that even had one of your loans dismissed
While your shithole is over a 100 years old and still a shithole

Despite you pigs multiple attempt to destroy Igbo reputation aboard, the people that stays getting appointment given to them by foreign government are predominately igbo. A perfect example is NOI. Despite you animals multiple attempt to destroy her reputation, God have continued to bless her.

Every shit una wished on Igbo descended on una. Attempt to keep Igboland economically disstable came on your shithole. Despite being an oil producing state, you are both economically and politically backwards. A laughing joke to Africa sef despite your delusion to call yourself "big brother". An oil producing state that imports oil and severally in debt.. What a joke!!!. But hey who God cursed, must always suffer

The repeated rejoice and death wish on Igbos yet again descended on una. Daily death wish the common day living in that shithole. If una aren't skull mining router for rituals, your death trap roads are killing una, armed robbers are staking out high ways to kill una and the best part of it The Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen you all thought were "killing Igbos" have turned to your monthly menace and slaughtering you lots like animals waiting to be harvested.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by ZZ22: 5:49am On Apr 05, 2018
The Igbo politicians and Ohaneze are more anti Igbo than Nigerians. Igbo Governors, Senators and Ohaneze and are more evil than Nigerians. Before you expect Nigerians to speak out or show disdain ask yourself what has our governors said? what has been their body language towards all these injustice? look at Fayose, is his immunity different from that of our governors? why have they suddenly gone dumb against the killings by Fulani herdmen but were ready to proscribe and hand over Kanu immediately Buhari asked of his head.

3 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Onenaira1: 5:53am On Apr 05, 2018
horsepower101:
Today I saw a thread where the federal government is openly offering amnesty to one of the most deadly terrorist organizations in the world; Boko Haram. An organization that has plundered and wasted so many lives in the past 10 years.

I carefully observed that thread and noticed the lack of interest most Nigerians showed.

Now compare it to IPOB, a legal organization recognized in the UN and has branches in different countries. Initially declared legal by he Nigerian court system before buhari compromised it.
They carry no arms and hold peaceful protest while declaring their right to self determination recognized by the UN and AU.

Just pause and take a moment to Remember the traffic and hate armless IPOB drew to every thread and the evil Nigerians were wishing upon them.

Now compare it to their reactions with boko haram.

Why are Nigerians like this? Why are you people so unbelievably hypocritical with everything you do? Why?

I also wanted to bring your attention to this. A friend of mine posted this on FB. Kinda similar to what you saying but more in the FG speeches

Do you remember these?

"It is unjust and unconstitutional to proscribe Boko Haram"- Lai Mohammed, 2013.

"An attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north"- Muhammadu Buhari,2014.

"Amnesty will make Boko Haram fighters useful to the nation"- Shehu Garba, 2018.

"We should learn to accommodate Fulani herdsmen" - Buhari, 2018.

And then ... they declared a NONVIOLENT IPOB a terrorist organization, capping it all by sending the army to kill Nnamdi Kanu.

Is that fair?

Also remember the hypocrisy of osibanjo were he made a speech asking people to "pray for Fulanis herdsmen killing to stop" yet that same short dwarf was the illiterate that talked about "Ipob is against our constitution, they must be crushed."

Honestly, the day I see any igbo screeching one Niggerians to my face, I'll punch and spit in the bastard's face

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by QuotaSystem: 5:54am On Apr 05, 2018
freeze001:

Why are you overly concerned about the so-called chest beating? Do the Igbos brag with ur property or achievement? Do u not have d mouth and means to brag? If u don't like or know how to why hate others who do? Between the acclaimed chest beating and BH terrorism which is the crux of the op, which is worse really? Have Igbos raided anywhere they live in outside Igboland to forcefully steal and take from natives? What is it really?

Is it that you people have not evolved to the point of understanding that chest beating and lack of modesty is generally socially unacceptable?

Did the world evolve into valuing modesty & humility and leave Ibo's behind? Ever heard the wise saying that pride always comes before a fall?

Even one of your greatest intellectuals wrote many years ago that one of the greatest weaknesses of the ibo is their tendency to irritate "through noisy exhibitionism". To think you people are still ignorant of the negative consequences of your chronic immodesty shows you have a very long way to go in this country.

I'm not saying that you should change your behaviour because you're clearly helplessly plagued with this social handicap, but I'm just surprised that you think immodest behaviour is welcome anywhere in the civilised world (or in the heavens), even by those that actually have things to brag about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by GenbIoodykiller: 5:55am On Apr 05, 2018
[s]
Corrinthians:
Me it reminds me of Nnamdidiot Cowmumu. He was a hypocrite Pig. angry
[/s]
trash
awolowo is a rat poison king

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by laudate: 5:56am On Apr 05, 2018
TheCabal:
Yet, not one Nigerian of pure eastern ancestry is on the Forbes list. undecided

What is your defination of "ahead of you". I have eastern relations pure and mixed; I know what poverty in the east looks and unfortunately feels like.

The eastern part of Nigeria is the worst part of Nigeria to live on less than a dollar a day.

The entire wealth generated by most eastern businessmen comes from the ports (import). The current disapproval from the eastern elites towards the current government is largely associated with the new policies in the ports.

The large rise in IGR from the customs and sister agencies came out of the improvement in revenue collections, the bans of tooth picks, rice and others affected more eastern business than others.

I have said it in the past, eastern businesses cannot compete with the current changes in the Nigerian economy, they are already making less money, than their counterparts in the north; south-south and south-west.

I can write a whole academic paper on the demise of the eastern commercial hegemony. Coscharis recently accessed a 10billion naira loan from the FGN and our pride Innoson loan from GTB was about 3BN; compared to Rabiu BUA or Aliko Dangote accessing loans running to hundreds and billions of dollars. BUA $400+ M, Dangote $10+ B.

I mean you cannot tell anyone than Osha (Onitsha) has far more millionaires than Kano city; you can claim it but the IGR tells us a different story; generally.

Half your productive workforce is either in Lagos or offshore. You have a big problem in the east, and your solution lies in real and not suppose commercial and industrial output on Nigerian soil.

What will become of eastern business as more products are banned?

It has been a long time since I read something so incisive, astute and interesting. cheesy Here sir, please do have a drink. You deserve nothing but the very best for your efforts. cool A toast to your good health.....cheers!

1 Like

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by laudate: 6:02am On Apr 05, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Is it that you people have not evolved to the point of understanding that chest beating and lack of modesty is generally socially unacceptable?

Did the world evolve into valuing modesty & humility and leave Ibo's behind? Ever heard the wise saying that pride always comes before a fall?

Even one of your greatest intellectuals wrote many years ago that one of the greatest weaknesses of the ibo is their tendency to irritate "through noisy exhibitionism". To think you people are still ignorant of the negative consequences of your chronic immodesty shows you have a very long way to go in this country.

I'm not saying that you should change your behaviour because you're clearly helplessly plagued with this social handicap, but I'm just surprised that you think immodest behaviour is welcome anywhere in the civilised world, even by those that actually have things to brag about.

Even Chinua Achebe tried to offer them advice in this regard, but they ignored it. What a pity! undecided They only went to town waving sections of his book, that favoured their use of propaganda against other ethnic groups and the nation, while discarding the portion that suggested they should improve their behaviour. sad

1 Like

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by laudate: 6:04am On Apr 05, 2018
oyatz:
I can't just stop laughing reading this.
Don't mind him. The guy was merely trying to console himself and massage his own ego.... undecided
Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by remonics: 6:14am On Apr 05, 2018
am not igbo.I confess that common igbos are special breeds,But not their leaders. at a time in the history of nigeria , igbos had nigeria in its grasp.

1. Nnamdi Azikwe kicked against referedum.

2.The first coup in nigeria was executed by igbos.

3.Aguiyi Ironsi started this unitary federalism.

4.The pampering of the 1966 coup plotters by Aguiyi and the humiliation of hausa by igbos in kano prompted the second coup by hausas.

5.The war fought by Ojukwu was not based on popular consultation. please read the book written by Achebe(there was a country).

the Bible says" the fathers has eaten the forbidden fruits,and the children's teeth has gone sour". This is why igbos are suppressed in a country they built. Igbo hands are Midas touch,but they are conquerors in Nigeria without victory.
Arewa was trained by igbos. Go to Kano, hausa are virtually into every business now.Most of the technicians in arewa are hausas now, unlike before.

But despite these,i dream of new Briafra that will come out of Nigeria,like a new Jerusalem.
Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:23am On Apr 05, 2018
laudate:

Even Chinua Achebe tried to offer them advice in this regard, but they ignored it. What a pity! undecided They only went to town waving sections of his book, that favoured their use of propaganda against other ethnic groups and the nation, while discarding the portion that suggested they should improve their behaviour. sad

Actually the reason behind such immodest behaviour is not far fetched.

3 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Bridget95(f): 6:38am On Apr 05, 2018
Alariiwo:
Truth be told, it's a sad development..

But then, Zik an Igbo man stood against the referendum clause, claiming he wanted one Nigeria by fire by force out of greed to rule over all other tribes.

The reason you didn't see reactions is cos you Igbos are the architects of your own downfall in Nigeria.

it is the British who doesn't want the no referendum clause.once you become the leader of Nigeria you become an indirect instrument of direct implementer of the British will on their project called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by QuotaSystem: 6:38am On Apr 05, 2018
Bede2u:

Bede2u:
And u wonder why ur region is poorest in Nigeria

Let me just correct the miseducation here.

South East is actually the poorest region in the country and your extremely poor internally generated revenue is a clear pointer to that fact, but core northern states 'appear' to be the poorest because poverty statistics are always computed on per capita basis (total GDP divided by the population) which will always favour the east for 2 obvious reasons:

1. More than half of your population is outside Iboland.
2. The north's high/bloated population figures.

In other words you're not ranked statistically above Sokoto because of your productivity, excellence or brilliance in industry, but because of your parasitic migration and low home population.

This is exactly why the South East appears to be less impoverished while it is actually the most unproductive, and why it is the worst place in Nigeria to live under a dollar a day.

1 Like

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by laudate: 6:43am On Apr 05, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Actually the reason behind such immodest behaviour is not far fetched.

Their boastful nature has cost them a lot. sad But their contemptuous, scornful attitude towards other ethnic groups, and their sense of undue entitlement is what baffles me. They are still unable to see the damage it has done, to their relationships with others. Later they turn round to complain, when people fail to respect them, or when others decide to give them a taste of their own medicine. I mean wtf? shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Bridget95(f): 6:52am On Apr 05, 2018
wakaman:
Victim card again!
You people refuse to be responsible for the reciprocal effects of your opinionated perception of other tribes around you. Feeling full of yourselves.

One question to put you guys on a reality check, do you people ever show love to other tribes now? Did you have any love for other tribes even before the Biafra war?
Igbos demean other tribes and people that's why you igbos reciprocally get demeaned by the other tribes.

From the north to the west to the south south even within the east. the igbos are unanimously and unitedly perceived/ seen as dubious, greedy and rancoursly disrespectful of law and culture.

As far as the Biafra country goes!igbos,believe it or not if it were left for the Nigerian peoples without politics we would gladly let you go but here's the snag ,you are bound by our perception of you igbos to be dubious and greedy as you would lay claims wantonly to valuable Nigerian assets.

The snag above is the sole reason,
Biafra can be attained when you people reverse upon yourselves and sacrificially determine to develop your hub!
Otherwise it's rather foolish to want to go back to a bush.

Igbos you get what you give!

The satanic stereotype you painted their came as a result of jealousy.

igbos were once accused of being ritualists ,that lie died when the internet came to expose ogun state as the capital of human rituals in the whole of Africa .No day passes without stories of ritual gruesome murder from there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 05, 2018
laudate:

Here's the full quote if you care,unless you want to believe what you want to believe.

I have written in my small book entitled The Trouble with Nigeria that Nigerians will probably achieve consensus on no other matter than their common resentment of the Igbo,” he wrote under the heading, A History of Ethnic Tension and Resentment. He traced the origin of “the national resentment of the Igbo” to its culture that “gave the Igbo man an unquestioned advantage over his compatriots in securing credentials for advancement in Nigerian colonial society.”

He observed that the Igbo culture’s emphasis on change, individualism and competitiveness gave his ethnic group an edge over the Hausa/Fulani man who was hindered by a “wary religion” and the Yoruba man who was hampered by” traditional hierarchies.”

He therefore described the Igbo, who are predominantly Catholic, as “fearing no god or man, was “custom-made to grasp the opportunities, such as they were, of the white man’s dispensations. And the Igbo did so with both hands.”

He delved into history with his claim, asserting that the Igbo overcame the earlier Yoruba advantage within two decades earlier in the twentieth century.

“Although the Yoruba had a huge historical and geographical head start, the Igbo wiped out their handicap in one fantastic burst of energy in the twenty years between 1930 and 1950.”

He narrated the earlier advantage of Yoruba as contingent on their location on the coastline, but once the missionaries crossed the Niger, the Igbo took advantage of the opportunity and overtook the Yoruba.

“The increase was so exponential in such a short time that within three short decades the Igbos had closed the gap and quickly moved ahead as the group with the highest literacy rate, the highest standard of living, and the greatest of citizens with postsecondary education in Nigeria,” he contended.

He said Nigerian leadership should have taken advantage of the gbo talent and this failure was partly responsible for the failure of the Nigerian state, explaining further that competitive individualism and the adventurous spirit of the Igbo was a boon Nigerian leaders failed to recognize and harness for modernization.

“Nigeria’s pathetic attempt to crush these idiosyncrasies rather than celebrate them is one of the fundamental reasons the country has not developed as it should and has emerged as a laughingstock,” he claimed

He noted that the ousting of prominent Igbos from top offices was a ploy to achieve a simple and crude goal. He said what the Nigerians wanted was to “get the achievers out and replace them with less qualified individuals from the desired ethnic background so as to gain access to the resources of the state.”

Achebe, however, saved some criticisms for his kinsmen. He criticised them for what he described as “hubris, overweening pride aand thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or even worse that can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness.”

He added that “contemporary Igbo behavior(that) cab offend by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Proof That Nigerians Are More Anti-igbo Than Pro-nigeria by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 05, 2018
Bede2u:

Pre 1966 when all tribes and regions were given a level playing field, the richest Nigerian was Igbo.

1. Igbos are the least poor region in Nigeria regardless of all ur injustices against us.

2. We are the ones opening up those new factories in ogun and lagos.

3. We are the ones bringing back all those foreign exchange from abroad.

4. We are the ones taking advantage of bans on import to manufacture replicas in Aba.

5. We are the ones bold enough to go and open a shop in the most dreaded area of the north.

6. We are the ones currently buying choice property in Abuja...after u guys will start crying that igbos must leave Abuja.

7. We the ones u love to hate...we are igbos

Intermittent delirium within delusions of grandeur; an inescapable and vicious ideological challenge. This is the condition most youths of eastern extraction are experiencing.

One minute; Nigeria is ________ (insert a derogatory adjective), the next minute you "we own these and those!".

It is difficult, near impossible to find any Nairalander of pure eastern ancestry, discussing or arguing his/her opinions with facts or sound postulations. If it is not utopic it is not Igbo, if it is not big it is not Igbo, if it is not shiny it is not Igbo; this is the basis of your problem.

When will you accept that eastern Nigeria is in tatters. Not one city in the east can be compared to Kano or Lagos; I would add Rivers but that is an argument for another thread.

Can you re-read what your wrote and then back up each statement with facts.

Why is it that when "your kind" is asked - Can I have some water; on Monday , you reply. I am sorry, we do not have water because the Yoruba's ran out of wine or Hausa's ran out of kunu. Then on Wednesday, your are in a beer parlor drinking turbo king with your pot bellied androgynous girlfriend trying to convince the man drinking Guinness that you have been drinking purified water ever since you were born.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Will Not Interfere In NDLEA’s Case Against Abba Kyari – Police / Wage Total War On Bandits, Terrorists - Arewa Forum Tells FG / Okorocha Launches Youth Empowerment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.