Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori (51646 Views)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by pink67(f): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.
Exactly!!
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Johnson5258: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
Hypocrite! if na Army do that kind of thing, una go smile say thank you but if na we, na another thing. please don't turn our good boys to extremist, they are not complaining!
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Iko5000: 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
Please don't use God name in this as this has nothing to do with God . This is a decision made by a man to implement , it has nothing to do with God values or the bible .
Aceed:
I don't understand all these media rants here and there.

Every organization, institution or company have their rules, their code of conduct.

If you don't like it, you fall out, no shekes.

And from my experience in boarding, there would have been some news making rounds within the campus before implementation, so it is not as if they woke up one morning to have their heads shaved without prior notice.

When you're in a place governed by laws, you obey the laws. If you feel obeying the laws will be an infringement of your rights, then leave and go to where your rights is law! angry

Abi, shey dem no sign terms and conditions of admission? undecided

And about the issue of sterility, I would say we are myopic, CU isn't a school that will be so careless not to enforce personal hygiene then go on to shave heads with just a clipper?

And even if it was a short sight on the part of CU, don't you think God is able to bar whatever demon n charge of whatever infection you guys are talking about to His glory?

A place where people go get get healing to diseases science haven't documented is where people are sighting the occurrence of infections?

Then I ask why do we follow Jesus if He can't even cover our blindsides?

Biko, don't underrate God!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
4kings:

This is open to interpretations.
What do you mean in simple english?

Simple English is short of words to express my reply but the reply I gave you was apt and complete.

It may be open to interpretations but the message is clear. VERY CLEAR.

Not everyone understands English though, so I understand your predicament.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 3:26pm On Apr 05, 2018
Iko5000:
Please don't use God name in this as this has nothing to do with God . This is a decision made by a man to implement , it has nothing to do with God values or the bible .

Ehn na because Oyedepo wasn't on God's directives when he started LFW...
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by semyman: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
All these scammers should face front. Money is not a decider who makes heaven, in fact money will work against you. So, people rating themselves wealthy from the collections of the poor will have hell as their abode with no vacation, this not a curse but confirmed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by proffemi: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
Throwback:
Earlier in the week, we were regaled by news that Covenant University embarked on a forced hair cutting for its male student population. The video of same also surfaced leaving many to wonder on the appropriateness of this action from the following standpoints

-Personal hygiene and public health, seeing that a single clipper was reused immediately for all.
-Fundamental human rights of an adult in a higher institution.
-The needlessness of the act as the video only showed students with regular moderate hair level being cut down to reveal the scalp.
-The hypocrisy of an older generation of adults to demonize the same hair levels and styles that were the norm in their days.
-The unrelenting demonization of the African hair by Africans and the bald headed.

Based on the last 2 points, I present to you younger pictures of Bishop David Oyedepo who is the founder of the school, to underscore the hypocrisy that history reveals.

Infact, I dare say that the likes of Matthew Ashimolowo, Pastor Adeboye and Ayo Oritsejafor cannot escape a scalp revealing haircut in a school like Covenant University, that has insisted that every male student must carry a bald head like its founder.

Does the headowner "Olori" not have rights over his own body?

Mr. Man, must you make a mountain out of a molehill? There is no hypocrisy anywhere. It is more a question of prevalent social norms and fads. The Oyedepo pixes you posted were obviously taken at a time when everyone rocked huge bushes. Sure, some guys rock bushes in today's world, but Covenant University believes that those who do (especially the unkempt ones) represent a demographic they don't want their students to be mixed up with. I do not agree with that, but it's their school, so there you have it.

There may be a legal case to be made against them (forcefully shaving heads??) but do't bring in any useless hypocrisy dimension, abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by 4kings: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Simple English is short of words to express my reply but the reply I gave you was apt and complete.

It may be open to interpretations but the message is clear. VERY CLEAR.

Not everyone understands English though, so I understand your predicament.
Are you seriously mocking my comprehension after making this contradictory statement:
It may be "open to interpretations" but the "message is clear". VERY CLEAR.
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2018
-The unrelenting demonization of the African hair by Africans and the bald headed.

lmao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by ALAYORMII: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.

You made Mii laff so hard

Am giving you something for that
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by madgoat(m): 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
airmirthd1:
You can't compare then with now!! Eye was dark then

Shut up.... So it's wrong to wear afro now but wasnt wrong when the General Overseers were young?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by HeyCorleone(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2018
HigherEd:
The overzealousness is really coming from the staff and not necessarily the church.
Lalasticlala

Wasn't expecting anything less from you.

Even if the school burns its students to death, you would still support them. After all the man is your god and the school is your almamater.

You had better start thinking for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by HeyCorleone(m): 3:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:
I don't understand all these media rants here and there.

Every organization, institution or company have their rules, their code of conduct.

If you don't like it, you fall out, no shekes.

And from my experience in boarding, there would have been some news making rounds within the campus before implementation, so it is not as if they woke up one morning to have their heads shaved without prior notice.

When you're in a place governed by laws, you obey the laws. If you feel obeying the laws will be an infringement of your rights, then leave and go to where your rights is law! angry

Abi, shey dem no sign terms and conditions of admission? undecided

And about the issue of sterility, I would say we are myopic, CU isn't a school that will be so careless not to enforce personal hygiene then go on to shave heads with just a clipper?

And even if it was a short sight on the part of CU, don't you think God is able to bar whatever demon n charge of whatever infection you guys are talking about to His glory?

A place where people go get get healing to diseases science haven't documented is where people are sighting the occurrence of infections?

Then I ask why do we follow Jesus if He can't even cover our blindsides?

Biko, don't underrate God!

So you would not sterilize a clipper and you expect God in His majesty and infinitness to stop whatever consequences may come about as a result of your ineptitude?

Why is it that the moment some people become born again they become bereft of common knowledge?

And I think these principles of the CU only encourages outward righteousness. Trust me most of the girls there are low-key prostitutes. They get to unwind during the holidays.

So what exactly is all these unnecessary overprotectiveness for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2018
I see no hypocrisy there.All I see is students wanting to bend rules to suit themselves. Situation of this nature are settled in the law court not on media. Bringing Dr Oyedepo's Afro picture to buttress a point looks childish. All these energies should have be channeled to getting a good lawyer to sue the university if the students have a case. Putting this to get sympathy will not change the matter at hand
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by pally123: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:

I quite agree with this. Modified : If you no want make dem cut your hair, very simple, apply for Unilag
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 05, 2018
madgoat:

Shut up.... So it's wrong to wear afro now but wasnt wrong when the General Overseers were young?
Na fight? Abeg swerve. If you want someone to attack, go meet the man in question. Afterall, it is my comment not yours. It was Afro and some styles that was in vogue then but now there are different styles of which you know.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
4kings:

Are you seriously mocking my comprehension after making this contradictory statement:
It may be "open to interpretations" but the "message is clear". VERY CLEAR.
undecided

Open to interpretations in that some folks might just read my reply alone without reading your post that was quoted but I don't doubt the clarity of the message when anyone reads my reply in relation to your post
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by xtervaganza(m): 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
GavelSlam:
Do what I say, don't do what I do.
another mumu sheep
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
HeyCorleone:

So you would not sterilize a clipper and you expect God in His majesty and infinitness to stop whatever consequences may come about as a result of your ineptitude?

Why is it that the moment some people become born again they become bereft of common knowledge?

And I think these principles of the CU only encourages outward righteousness. Trust me most of the girls there are low-key prostitutes. They get to unwind during the holidays.

So what exactly is all these unnecessary overprotectiveness for?

Hey Corleone, please explain to me how can you say you sterilized an object without infection in the first place?

Isn't it common knowledge that to sterilize an object is to get rid of infections?

Most CU ladies are low-key prostitutes...hahaha...don't say what you don't know, assumptions can be fatal...
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by scholes23(m): 4:33pm On Apr 05, 2018
donblazer10:
I put it to you that you're mad
oh boy!!!

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Untainted007: 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Mr. unbeliever, don't put words in my mouth.

I said if it was a hindsight on the part of CU that God can take care of it...not that if CU wanted to knowingly infect their students...

And BTW, the brainwashed lingo you all have been using since ages have been washed in themselves, please restock your vocabulary.

Sorry o Mr Believer, na only you believe for your mind abi? I wonder how your cognitive mode of reasoning function appropriately. In a nutshell you are defending CU for the silly acts they performed on their students' head yet you are here attaching it to God ability of healing people after it might av been inflicted due to carelessness. Do you intentionally inflict pains on others so they can serve God or you think if God does not draw people to Himself any man can do that? Regardless of your appearance God does not condemn. He works with the hearts of men not facial expressions. You know nothing when it comes to using the right biblical passages to address issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2018
Is it true that the students are not allowed to use cell phones

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Kenkuss(m): 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Please terms and conditions applying here
Discipline is the answer

Is Oyedepo breaking any rule with his hairstyle in that picture?

The school has rules.

The students can carry any hairstyle when they are not in school. Nobody stops them from doing that but when they are in the school, they should obey the rules. [/quote]
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Hypocrites everywhere! How can you forcefully barb an adults hair because he is a student in your school? What is wrong with the african hair? same hair they rocked while they were much younger? Blody hypocrites.

And someone down here is saying since it is his school, he has the right to act savagely. That is the typical dark mentality that beclouds our sense of reasoning. So if I run an eatery and you come to my eatery to buy food, I have every right to serve you crawling insects? Because its my eatery and inasmuch as you are paying for the food, I can poison you willingly since you refuse to use other eateries?

Nonsense!

Covenant University isn't where you get served, it is where you either agree to the rules and regulations that comes with being admitted or you don't agree and bounce.

No be only them go boarding uni

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by empressonassis(f): 5:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
Although you are right to some extent, but I think your eatery example is wrong. If a customer comes into your eatery and all the rules and regulations of the eatery are clearly and carefully spelt out to the person, it is left for the person to either accept and still go ahead to eat whatever it is that u have listed, or the person can decide to say hello no, I don't want any of those and then leave for somewhere else. I had a chance to attend CU some years ago, I wrote the exam, passed with flying colors, went ahead to do the interview, passed it also and was offered admission immediately. Why didn't I accept and attend the school at the end? I didn't think that I would be able to cope with the rules in the long run. Simple!!

MaziOmenuko:
Hypocrites everywhere! How can you forcefully barb an adults hair because he is a student in your school? What is wrong with the african hair? same hair they rocked while they were much younger? Blody hypocrites.

And someone down here is saying since it is his school, he has the right to act savagely. That is the typical dark mentality that beclouds our sense of reasoning. So if I run an eatery and you come to my eatery to buy food, I have every right to serve you crawling insects? Because its my eatery and inasmuch as you are paying for the food, I can poison you willingly since you refuse to use other eateries?

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by 4kings: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Open to interpretations in that some folks might just read my reply alone without reading your post that was quoted but I don't doubt the clarity of the message when anyone reads my reply in relation to your post
"Anyone" but ME alone. undecided
Kontinue...

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by bezimo(m): 5:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
If you cant align with the school rules and regulation that you signed when you matriculated into covenant university...please get out of the school and find some other school and spare us the complain..
What is all these B.S complaint trending..its either you obey as required by school rules or dont come to CU.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by fuellessgen: 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:

What a daft comment.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
Untainted007:

Sorry o Mr Believer, na only you believe for your mind abi? I wonder how your cognitive mode of reasoning function appropriately. In a nutshell you are defending CU for the silly acts they performed on their students' head yet you are here attaching it to God ability of healing people after it might av been inflicted due to carelessness. Do you intentionally inflict pains on others so they can serve God or you think if God does not draw people to Himself any man can do that? Regardless of your appearance God does not condemn. He works with the hearts of men not facial expressions. You know nothing when it comes to using the right biblical passages to address issues.

Now I know people read and don't understand...

Anyway they say actions speak louder than words...

prove to me they were infected...
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Rebelutionary: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2018

This is as simple as it gets!

P.S If the authorities that did d shaving on those boys used one clipper without sterilization then its wrong and they should conscious of the health of the students and should huave opted for some other measure to achieve the same objective but I see no wrong in what they did!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by donblazer10(m): 5:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
nightmile:
Nigerians with their myopic way of reasoning, allow this air cut freedom in that school and you will begin to see fake dada and Pogba kind of hair style. If you can not obey the school rules and regulation move else where. Stop this noise. Most of the students in question have their school code of conduct signed by their parent.
and how does fair dada and Pogba kind of hairstyle affect you in anyway?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by COOL10(m): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2018
You guys are even lucky. Go to Madonna where Father Edeh still keeps afro till tomorrow and you'll know the meaning of true hypocrisy looking at you in the face grin angry

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / Lekki Nursery School Where Acceptance Fee Is N2million (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.