Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori (51864 Views)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by alzeheimer(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.

don't forget members donated tremendously to the biulding of the school....religion these days has become cult like , making members to blindly follow , even when the leader has derailed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by jaytee01(m): 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.
I don't want to say that you are brainwashed
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Bimpe29: 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
Such is their principle. That's an height of hypocrisy!

GavelSlam:
Do what I say, don't do what I do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by MaziOmenuko: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Covenant University isn't where you get served, it is where you either agree to the rules and regulations that comes with being admitted or you don't agree and bounce.

No be only them go boarding united

Education is SERVICE to humanity! There is a regulatory body in for universities called the NUC. Why will there be a regulatory body in the first place? Because inasmuch as you own a university, you are still bounded by certain regulatory rules.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by HeyCorleone(m): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Hey Corleone, please explain to me how can you say you sterilized an object without infection in the first place?

Isn't it common knowledge that to sterilize an object is to get rid of infections?

Most CU ladies are low-key prostitutes...hahaha...don't say what you don't know, assumptions can be fatal...

It's commonsense to sterilize clippers before use. Infection or not. How would you know?

Can't believe I'm even arguing this.

So all your female students are holy bah? Because of the way they sing at Chapel?

Grow a brain nigga!
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by donb06: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
GavelSlam:

He is a stupid old man.

Not just him though.

The university is a place where your natural talent is nurtured and encouraged provided it doesn't impinge on another's rights or safety.

The talents, pride and creativity of the black man is being forcibly pounded by these crazy bald-heads who cannot understand the purpose of education.

Some of these things many of you might never understand due to your life circumstances.

To think the hypocrite even rocked much longer hair in his youth and whilst allegedly anointed, is taking the micky.

Stupid old man.
na force or them use super glue gum u for there....
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Education is SERVICE to humanity! There is a regulatory body in for universities called the NUC. Why will there be a regulatory body in the first place? Because inasmuch as you own a university, you are still bounded by certain regulatory rules.

ahn ahn...how does ensuring that everyone complies to the mandated haircut go against regulatory rules?
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Saxifrage12(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
donblazer10:
I put it to you that you're mad

What makes him mad or are you blind to see the truth in what he said.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
HeyCorleone:

It's commonsense to sterilize clippers before use. Infection or not. How would you know?

Can't believe I'm even arguing this.

So all your female students are holy bah? Because of the way they sing at Chapel?

Grow a brain nigga!

Alright tell me is all this fuss about not sterilizing clippers or getting infected?

Because I don't think barbers on and off campus go through the process of the sterility we are talking of here...heating up clipper blades with fire isn't sterilization.

True, there shouldn't be arguments. The reason sef no get head.

If you think all CU females are sinners because those on your campus don't have dignity, then you also need a brain replacement
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by billyG(m): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2018
Throwback:
Earlier in the week, we were regaled by news that Covenant University embarked on a forced hair cutting for its male student population. The video of same also surfaced leaving many to wonder on the appropriateness of this action from the following standpoints

-Personal hygiene and public health, seeing that a single clipper was reused immediately for all.
-Fundamental human rights of an adult in a higher institution.
-The needlessness of the act as the video only showed students with regular moderate hair level being cut down to reveal the scalp.
-The hypocrisy of an older generation of adults to demonize the same hair levels and styles that were the norm in their days.
-The unrelenting demonization of the African hair by Africans and the bald headed.

Based on the last 2 points, I present to you younger pictures of Bishop David Oyedepo who is the founder of the school, to underscore the hypocrisy that history reveals.

Infact, I dare say that the likes of Matthew Ashimolowo, Pastor Adeboye and Ayo Oritsejafor cannot escape a scalp revealing haircut in a school like Covenant University, that has insisted that every male student must carry a bald head like its founder.

Does the headowner "Olori" not have rights over his own body?
Even pst.chris oyakhilome cannot escape oyedepo's skull cut.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Mrjoshtower: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
Have you ever thought of the reason of him saying that? Whether it was a spiritual instruction?
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Untainted007: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Now I know people read and don't understand...

Anyway they say actions speak louder than words...

prove to me they were infected...
undecided

How do u expect me to prove what has not been scientifically tested to you? What reasonable and sensible people here are saying is that the act can lead to infection. But u claimed even if they av infections God can cure them since people come to the church over there for healing. Does that sound sensible and justifiable to you? Oga keep shut and dnt be enslaved with religion.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by tayoccu(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
HigherEd:
The overzealousness is really coming from the staff and not necessarily the church.
Lalasticlala

I doubt, if it's just a buncha zealots, the church would have cautioned them.
the staff are doing the bishop's bidding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Blackbishop(m): 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:
I don't understand all these media rants here and there.

Every organization, institution or company have their rules, their code of conduct.

If you don't like it, you fall out, no shekes.

And from my experience in boarding, there would have been some news making rounds within the campus before implementation, so it is not as if they woke up one morning to have their heads shaved without prior notice.

When you're in a place governed by laws, you obey the laws. If you feel obeying the laws will be an infringement of your rights, then leave and go to where your rights is law! angry

Abi, shey dem no sign terms and conditions of admission? undecided

And about the issue of sterility, I would say we are myopic, CU isn't a school that will be so careless not to enforce personal hygiene then go on to shave heads with just a clipper?

And even if it was a short sight on the part of CU, don't you think God is able to bar whatever demon n charge of whatever infection you guys are talking about to His glory?

A place where people go get get healing to diseases science haven't documented is where people are sighting the occurrence of infections?

Then I ask why do we follow Jesus if He can't even cover our blindsides?

Biko, don't underrate God!

i put it to yhu that yhu just won the award for the most stupid being created. So tempting God now is faith, yhu knw dat using an unsterilized equipment will surely give yhu diseases but becuz Oyedepo will perform some unconfirmed micarcles so yhu table yhu head for practices. Mhen yhu re d most useless human being then. If yhu read yhur bibke very well when d devil came to tempt jesus to jump and even quoted a passage frm d bible. Jesus told him point blank "Thou shall not tempt thy God " so tempting God is yhur way of proofing point. Hey nigga yhu blinded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by HeyCorleone(m): 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
Aceed:

Alright tell me is all this fuss about not sterilizing clippers or getting infected?

Because I don't think barbers on and off campus go through the process of the sterility we are talking of here...heating up clipper blades with fire isn't sterilization.

True, there shouldn't be arguments. The reason sef no get head.

If you think all CU females are sinners because those on your campus don't have dignity, then you also need a brain replacement

Lol. Donkey. I never generalised. And why are you so pained? Are they all your wives? A good number of CU girls are low-key prostitutes. Deal with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by sanspiffy(m): 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:

I reckon this thread should have been closed after the comment in bold
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by ImaIma1(f): 11:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
GavelSlam:

He is a stupid old man.

Not just him though.

The university is a place where your natural talent is nurtured and encouraged provided it doesn't impinge on another's rights or safety.

The talents, pride and creativity of the black man is being forcibly pounded by these crazy bald-heads who cannot understand the purpose of education.

Some of these things many of you might never understand due to your life circumstances.

To think the hypocrite even rocked much longer hair in his youth and whilst allegedly anointed, is taking the micky.

Stupid old man.

Put aside whatever he has done. I also do not agree with it. But how can you refer to him as a stupid old man?

Just imagine that you see a young guy just like you calling your father...your own father a stupid old man. How will you take it?

The man is not your mate. You can't say it to his face. Don't say it behind him.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by OyinO: 4:28am On Apr 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

He is a stupid old man.

Not just him though.

Stupid old man.

You took the words out of my mouth. 100% on Point!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by OyinO: 4:32am On Apr 06, 2018
He once slapped an innocent woman and labelled her witch just to justify his barbarism in the presence of his dumb fellowsheep coongregation. Now, he is forcibly barbing the heads of adults in gorimakpa style because he's gone bald. Stoopid mofo riding in opulence ill gotten from fellowsheep tithes and offerings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by GavelSlam: 5:21am On Apr 06, 2018
ImaIma1:

Put aside whatever he has done. I also do not agree with it. But how can you refer to him as a stupid old man?

Just imagine that you see a young guy just like you calling your father...your own father a stupid old man. How will you take it?

The man is not your mate. You can't say it to his face. Don't say it behind him.

Our paths haven't crossed otherwise the idiot is not beyond reproach.

But for the sheer number of zombies he is producing out of the African continent perhaps we should have been going places.

Creating another set of cretins whose creativity has been stifled with superstition and inhuman meekness.

I'm wondering if this is not the same man that slapped a young lady on stage or is it another Oyedepo we are talking about.

You are the type that cow to some other human assuming he has some supernatural powers but we all don't play that game.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by ImaIma1(f): 6:45am On Apr 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

Our paths haven't crossed otherwise the idiot is not beyond reproach.

But for the sheer number of zombies he is producing out of the African continent perhaps we should have been going places.

Creating another set of cretins whose creativity has been stifled with superstition and inhuman meekness.

I'm wondering if this is not the same man that slapped a young lady on stage or is it another Oyedepo we are talking about.

You are the type that cow to some other human assuming he has some supernatural powers but we all don't play that game.

No. I am the type that wouldn't just abuse people that are way older than me; spiritual or otherwise.

I would rather criticize and show my displeasure in a less offensive way
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 10:20am On Apr 06, 2018
Untainted007:

How do u expect me to prove what has not been scientifically tested to you? What reasonable and sensible people here are saying is that the act can lead to infection. But u claimed even if they av infections God can cure them since people come to the church over there for healing. Does that sound sensible and justifiable to you? Oga keep shut and dnt be enslaved with religion.

Since there is no case why are you ranting.

A clipper was used for the students but there was no infection and you guys are making noise, for what na?

Shey pesin die Abi e enter coma?

You people are making arguments without a cause, isn't that stupidity?
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 10:32am On Apr 06, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Lol. Donkey. I never generalised. And why are you so pained? Are they all your wives? A good number of CU girls are low-key prostitutes. Deal with it.

Hey Mule, I am not pained grin
Just allergic to foolish assumptions.

You all trying to play the hygiene card, why don't you bring your stats of the indecent number of CU girls you've laid.

Or is it that you can't understand how beautiful ladies can have good grades by hard work and not jumping from one biological pipe to the other?
undecided
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2018
Blackbishop:

i put it to yhu that yhu just won the award for the most stupid being created. So tempting God now is faith, yhu knw dat using an unsterilized equipment will surely give yhu diseases but becuz Oyedepo will perform some unconfirmed micarcles so yhu table yhu head for practices. Mhen yhu re d most useless human being then. If yhu read yhur bibke very well when d devil came to tempt jesus to jump and even quoted a passage frm d bible. Jesus told him point blank "Thou shall not tempt thy God " so tempting God is yhur way of proofing point. Hey nigga yhu blinded

I wonder how you became so blind.

Well you're not the first neither will you be the last...

I said even if CU is at fault for using just a clipper for a large number of students, that is they made a mistake by using only a clipper, that God will not allow them to be put to shame...

how are they tempting God?

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by HeyCorleone(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2018
Aceed:

Hey Mule, I am not pained grin
Just allergic to foolish assumptions.

You all trying to play the hygiene card, why don't you bring your stats of the indecent number of CU girls you've laid.

Or is it that you can't understand how beautiful ladies can have good grades by hard work and not jumping from one biological pipe to the other?
undecided

I don't exist in a puff of smoke.

I know a good number of these girls. I could give you names and pictorial proof.

That you believe you don't have prostitutes in your school shows just how myopic you are. Well, ignorance they say is orgasmic.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I don't exist in a puff of smoke.

I know a good number of these girls. I could give you names and pictorial proof.

That you believe you don't have prostitutes in your school shows just how myopic you are. Well, ignorance they say is orgasmic.

If you read well you would have noticed I didn't even mean close to the bolded, I only challenge the [good number of, most of the] girls are prostitutes knowledge you said you have...
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Untainted007: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
Aceed:

Since there is no case why are you ranting.

A clipper was used for the students but there was no infection and you guys are making noise, for what na?

Shey pesin die Abi e enter coma?

You people are making arguments without a cause, isn't that stupidity?

So u are waiting till they get infections befr you knw that the school authority dont use their head befr taking action. I guess u schooled there or u av someone who earn their mean of livelihood their. Cos you guys think alike.
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Did Nuc sanctioned uni Ilorin for introducing dress code? The answer is no.So Nuc can't sanction them now except the court of law
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by ruphiatBeads: 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2018
BabatCargo:
Hypocrisy

So you ran away from your thread. It has become a dreadful place you no longer wish to advertise there anymore. You are so unreliable. This is my first time of doing business with you and disappointment is an understatement. I thought someone said you are sick. My Omotosho Babatunde Ezekiel am begging you one more time, give me an update on my order. It's 19days already for a shipment of 7 days. And if have been scammed just tell me so I can count my losses and move on. Heaven knows I won't even do the mistake of recommending you to my worst enemy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILORIN Student Dances 'Soapy' After Her Final Exam, Signs Out In Style (Photos / ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.