Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" (21104 Views)

Paul Enenche On Leah Sharibu: Enough Of The Bloodshed In Nigeria / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
redsun:

The mental controls the socalled spiritual. The only reason why men like him make waves in your world is because you are still in the dark age. An age that you are yet to understand what 1+1 really means in practice. .
And you do?

Folks like yourself with IQs at best in the 70th percentile, would be the ones regarding those whose IQs exceed the 90th percentile as being of inferior intelligence.

Calm down man, you could use some smartness.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by mabea: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2018
redsun:

US is not exactly a model country for a mentally emancipated country,there are so many fundamentally ignorant people and institutions in that country that are just as bad as that of the 4th world. Anything near to a model society can only be found in western Europe, i.e.,Holland ,Germany and even reforming Great Britain.
What do you think is responsible for that since you've given reasons for that of 3rd world countries. Are they not whites too?
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
redsun:

US is not exactly a model country for a mentally emancipated country,there are so many fundamentally ignorant people and institutions in that country that are just as bad as that of the 4th world. Anything near to a model society can only be found in western Europe, i.e.,Holland ,Germany and even reforming Great Britain.
You didn't really think you'd be making any sense calling the world's largest economy a 4th world. Did you?

This is basically the country of reference in the world.
From currencies to commodities, stock market to technology, sports and entertainment, military and space exploration. Every nation references the US, and it will be that way for a long time. Because its founders christened it "God's Own Country".
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by mabea: 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
NAVTINO45:
nope, that's wrong,
dirty politics is the main reason and causal factor
And what is the cause of dirty politics? let me sound like the Atheists.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by redsun(m): 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

And you do?

Folks like yourself with IQs at best in the 70th percentile, would be the ones regarding those whose IQs exceed the 90th percentile as being of inferior intelligence.

Calm down man, you could use some smartness.

With the way you reason and live you are more or less a sub- human, and of course, with 0 IQ. IQ don't exist in your world,that is why you live in perpetual delusions and wanton want and miseries.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
mabea:
Do you know why the jews rejected Jesus? Jesus brought the kingdom of God. Religion will subject you to certain rules and laws but faith in Christ sets you at liberty to serve God acceptly because Jesus is the righteousness of God.

There is an after life except if you think there is no difference between you and other animals.
Sure he does. With their foolish bing bang nonsense, they classify themselves together with goats.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
plaetton:

I hear the BULLSHYT alarms going off everywhere.

You have said not one single sensible thing up there.

If you are a sincere subscriber to all the aforementioned Bullshyts up there, then I'm truly sorry to inform you that someone has left hold the bag, a big bag full of dung.
Of course it would seem that way to you, cos you obviously have a comprehension difficulty.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by redsun(m): 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

You didn't really think you'd be making any sense calling the world's largest economy a 4th world. Did you?

This is basically the country of reference in the world.
From currencies to commodities, stock market to technology, sports and entertainment, military and space exploration. Every nation references the US, and it will be that way for a long time. Because its founders christened it "God's Own Country".

It depends on what your idea of economy iso and ideal human interaction. I don't think a country where an ardent kkk man is the leader is an ideal civilised society. Where somebody can just wake and start killing people because he/she has had enough of the hateful rhetoric and rat race is an ideal society.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2018
redsun:

With the way you reason and live you are more or less a sub- human, and of course, with 0 IQ. IQ don't exist in your world,that is why you live in perpetual delusions and wanton want and miseries.

You didn't really believe that erstwhile you wouldn't have replied.
I on the other hand know you have an IQ, only that you overrate yours and underrate others.

Post here a snapshot of any significant academic medal you've ever won your whole life. There's probably none.
How then could you regard folks like Pastor Olukoya with such impressive achievements as you can only dream of, how could you regard him as unintelligent.

You probably can't recite two pages of prints verbatim. Yet there was a a very young lad who did several pages at the last HolyGhost service.

Now, your prideful ignorance makes you feel you're smart.

In my class in Uni. 7 out of the best 10 were serious fellowship brothers, and even all of the remains 3 were Christians, albeit not so serious.

Doesn't that confirm to you that the smartests are Theists?

Check out Ben Carson too. I doubt if you could ever achieve 10% of his feats in your entire life. Yet he is a brother.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
redsun:

It depends on what your idea of economy iso and ideal human interaction. I don't think a country where an ardent kkk man is the leader is an ideal civilised society. Where somebody can just wake and start killing people because he/she has had enough of the hateful rhetoric and rat race is an ideal society.
You didn't say "ideal". Where you have natural humans an ideal society is an impossibility.

What you did was regard the most advanced nation of the world as a 4th world nation, it's in that, that you are wrong.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by CAPSLOCKED: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2018
mabea:
Do you know why the jews rejected Jesus? Jesus brought the kingdom of God. Religion will subject you to certain rules and laws but faith in Christ sets you at liberty to serve God acceptly because Jesus is the righteousness of God.

There is an after life except if you think there is no difference between you and other animals

YOU NAILED IT.

WE'RE JUST LIKE PLANTS AND ANIMALS WHEN WE DIE.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by profmallor: 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
Well that's your opinion, But if you would, I would suggest you listen to more of his sermons and tapes there is more to his ministry than what you think. That is if you can do such with an opened mind.

hopefulLandlord:

Olukoya is a pastor that keeps his flock in constant fear of mundane things by spiritualising them

a student failed exam? the enemies of his mother's house is responsible

you don't have a job or you lost your job? there's a spiritual snail in your life

finding it hard/near impossible getting a husband? spiritual husbands are involved, they're the ones chasing your prospective husbands away

did you see a cockroach in your closet? that's definitely agents of your enemy at work

your business failed? its the gods of your grandfather that is responsible

so almost all prayers are directed at enemies/demons/gods of my father's house etc telling them to DIE!!!!!

but I understand cuz doing that's what the sheeples want to hear not the bitter truth, make them think they can pray away their problems and that some undetectable, invisible and intangible entity is responsible

No student really wants to hear he failed cuz he studied wrongly

No bachelor/spinster wants to hear they're finding getting spouse hard due to the fact that they're too damn ugly or have a shitty attitude or lack manners

someone whose business just failed doesn't want to hear its normal for businesses to fail as 9 out of 10 businesses fail within 5 years and he should take the lessons from that failed business to make another attempt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU NAILED IT.

WE'RE JUST LIKE PLANTS AND ANIMALS WHEN WE DIE.
That's just you and others like yourself o. It's you guys that are mere vegetables.

I and several other Christians are spirit beings with eternal existence. soon we'll trade our current bodies for immortal ones and then live in eternal bliss.

Even if this were false (likelihood is less than zero), what do I lose? Absolutely nothing.

Now if it's true (likelihood is more than 100%), I PITY YOUR FOLKS!
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by redsun(m): 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2018
mabea:
What do you think is responsible for that since you've given reasons for that of 3rd world countries. Are they not whites too?

They are mostly cowboys. Don't forget forget it because of recalcitrant nature that drove their ancestors away from Europe to go and conquer the Indians. They rebellious spirit is yet to be tamed,even with the socalled advancement.

Being white does not automatically mean being civilzed. There are more to being civilised than than technology and wanton acquisitions. To me it just content,ability to make the best of what's available and harmonious existence.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by onatisi(m): 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
one thing i know is that they earlier we start taking responsibility for our own actions , the sooner we will become greater.
blaming others for our mistakes and actions is just an excuse for failure .
the ritual killer, who kidnaps a small boy of 5-8 years old , takes him to an isolated place m takes out a knife , and slaughters the boy for money rituals, will not blame the devil when he is carrying out the act or when he becomes rich , he will go to mosques and churches and donate big sums of money ,but if he was caught during the act of slaughtering the boy , he will start crying and will be blaming the devil for pushing him , sadly and stupidly Nigerians too will take pity on him and ask the government to be lenient with him . this is the reason why terrible acts continue to grow in Nigeria because instead of religious leaders to call a spade a spade they rather will be looking for a spiritual explanation .
even the bible said it "the soul that sin shall die" God that gave us the ten commandments knows that we are capable of keeping it and we have the power to choose between right or wrong.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by CAPSLOCKED: 3:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

That's just you and others like yourself o. It's you guys that are mere vegetables.

I and several other Christians are spirit beings with eternal existence. soon we'll trade our current bodies for immortal ones and then live in eternal bliss.

Even if this were false (likelihood is less than zero), what do I lose? Absolutely nothing.

OKAY. smiley
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Tozara(m): 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

What's eternal bliss? What constitutes bliss in an eternal paradise? What would you be doing for eternity?
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by harjorlarh(m): 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Olukoya is a pastor that keeps his flock in constant fear of mundane things by spiritualising them

you don't have a job or you lost your job? there's a spiritual snail in your life

finding it hard/near impossible getting a husband? spiritual husbands are involved, they're the ones chasing your prospective husbands away

did you see a cockroach in your closet? that's definitely agents of your enemy at work

so almost all prayers are directed at enemies/demons/gods of my father's house etc telling them to DIE!!!!!

but I understand cuz doing that's what the sheeples want to hear not the bitter truth, make them think they can pray away their problems and that some undetectable, invisible and intangible entity is responsible

No bachelor/spinster wants to hear they're finding getting spouse hard due to the fact that they're too damn ugly or have a shitty attitude or lack manners

someone whose business just failed doesn't want to hear its normal for businesses to fail as 9 out of 10 businesses fail within 5 years and he should take the lessons from that failed business to make another attempt

true talk..every1 was to put a blame on something or someone else but themselves
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
LarryBee1k:

Forget man. There is no spiritual thing. Look at your steps. Find where you've made mistake.
My brother what I said earlier on is based on experience. You can mistake yet not suffer
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
kevoh:

Do you have concrete empirical evidence for the words in bold or it's just something you religious nutjobs in Nigeria are fond of uttering?

The Nigerian economy is suffering from bad leadership choices even Dangote is having his efforts thwarted and losing some money due to this let alone some man somewhere in Nigeria. Why does it have to be hidden in some vague statement as spiritual?
Is there empirical evidence for voodooism? If yes then I can provide mine
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
ameri9ja:

Where and when did he get his "Dr."

How come developed countries simply face problems on the physical level and solve them?Yet they are way ahead of Naija.
Just asking.
To answer your question,
1. Dr Olukoya got his PhD in Molecular Genetics at the University of Reading, United Kingdom.
2. Those developed countries made sacrifices to get to where they are. USA for example dedicated their country to God. This is as a result of fervent prayers from top pastors. Their prayers made way for them. Secondly their kind of voodooism rarely causes havoc like ours as they use their for good things. The whites aren't different from us except for skin colour.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
People like Olukoya are part of why we're in this sheet

These guys would encourage the country to pray its way out of issues rather than study it with commonsense and get solutions like developed countries do

My friend close ya fuckin mouth there
Quote him when you adequately understand spiritual things indepth

1 Like

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2018
seguno2:

Thanks.
In this case, we have to do nothing except pray and wait for God to intervene and deal with Olukoya’s witches.
Must we all be inherently stupid
You posting this because you haven't being dealt with. If you had stayed in the village for long, you would understand better. Witchcraft is real and in this part of the world,they are heartless and wicked. I had encounter them several times so I know much about them
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by kerry57: 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

You're minding the e-diot?

If he thinks the problem isn't witchcraft, why not define what the problem is and profer solutions.

The fool is quick to say it's government failure, and that things would be better if it was in a developed world. If his reasoning wasn't haphazard, wouldn't he have remembered that there was a terrorist attack in Nice a while back, was France not developed at the time, how about school shootings in the US?

The military has deployed that largest percentage of their human and material resources to fighting this insurgency, with even foreign assistance, yet the hair head thinks he knows better.

This is someone who probably failed Jamb more than once opening his mouth to call someone with academic achievements that will only remain dreams to his generations, calling him "not intelligent"
The truth here is they can't understand spiritual things. Its not normal for someone to just pick up gun and enter school and just start shooting at people or enter a vehicle and run over crowd. There is a spirit initiating that. That is the witchcraft interested in drinking blood.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

bad and good things would happen to everyone at varying degrees throughout their lifetime. its normal

Yes he teaches other aspects of life, like when he said evil spirits in the the lagoon was responsible for Unilag student's violent demonstration or this thread when he said evil spirits are responsible for bloodshed? Other aspects of life indeed

So let's pray for the end of Boko Haram rather than get physical weapons and help from international community to thwart Boko Haram. Its obvious none of the tens of millions of Christians in Nigeria have been praying against Boko Haram and for an end to bloodshed, amirite?
You still have same misconception because you are talking from outside. If you are inside you would understand better. If you had critically listened to his messages then you would know that Dr Olukoya teaches different aspect of life. I rarely visit there but his messages has being a blessing to me and my family. His kind of ministration has taught many of us to pray to God directly instead of depending on one prophet or another.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by UDUJ(m): 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Nigerian pastors feed off the fears and gullibility of their flock. That's why they are so successful and wealthy angry
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by akigbemaru: 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
johnnyvid:
General Overseer of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles ministries (MFM), Daniel Olukoya, says satanic witchcraft is behind the various bloodshed and massive attacks witnesed in different parts of the country.

The clergyman stated this while preaching at the church’s monthly “Power Must Change Hands” meeting held at the Prayer City, Ogun state , today April 7th.

“Anywhere you see any bloodshed or massive death of people it is not terrorism but the work of satanic witchcraft. An evil force is the one behind all those bloodshed. Do you expect a sane human being to just slaughter another human being who is still alive when he will even think twice when killing a hen or cow?

Nigerians need to wake up from their slumber as there is a massive resurgence of witchcraft all over the world. Nigeria is in the era of the great wrath where so many mysterious things have occurred; I mean unexplainable sexual perversion, unavoidable terrorism, emergence of kidnappers who are hungry for blood and terrible accidents. I urge all Nigerians to watch and pray and be vigilant as we are in the end time. So many things are happening'' he said.

https://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/04/satanic-witchcraft-behind-bloodshed-and.html?m=0
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by kevoh(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Is there empirical evidence for voodooism? If yes then I can provide mine
We will get there, step by step. Let's start with the one you claimed below first
asuustrike2009:
some evil forces behind it. The spiritual controls the physical that is why whatever happens physically had already manifested in the spirit realm.

1. Explain what is spiritual
2. Explain what is evil forces
3.. Explain what is physical

The first three questions are for us to have an idea of what you are saying and not just repeating words Christians like repeating with zero meaning.
4. Explain how as I am typing these questions or the cup of tea I took this morning has already manifested in the so called spiritual realm
5. Finally, give with concrete empirical evidence how you came to conclude that spiritual controls physical.

I hope you understand what concrete empirical evidence is, if not please do not waste my time with word salads and beating around the subject!
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Chyxki: 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
People like Olukoya are part of why we're in this sheet

These guys would encourage the country to pray its way out of issues rather than study it with commonsense and get solutions like developed countries do

Have you listened to him for a period of time to know what he preaches? Don't criticize ignorantly because you don't know him!
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
kevoh:

We will get there, step by step. Let's start with the one you claimed below first

1. Explain what is spiritual
2. Explain what is evil forces
3.. Explain what is physical

The first three questions are for us to have an idea of what you are saying and not just repeating words Christians like repeating with zero meaning.
4. Explain how as I am typing these questions or the cup of tea I took this morning has already manifested in the so called spiritual realm
5. Finally, give with concrete empirical evidence how you came to conclude that spiritual controls physical.

I hope you understand what concrete empirical evidence is, if not please do not waste my time with word salads and beating around the subject!
Brother when we are able to prove voodooism using empirical evidence then I will gladly bring me. If in south Africa it can be studied as a course, I see no reason to study witchcraft in Nigeria
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Chyxki: 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
paxonel:
this fictious olukoya pastor is not intelligent man at all.

He has already implicated himself, He is just passing wrong information to gullible Nigerians and Nigerians will never see this information as wrong that is his saving grace.
If he tries this in more educated and developed country his church is closed down immediately.

How can a man call himself man of God attritute the bloodshed in Nigeria to witchcraft when it is clearly the failures of the government to protect it people?

Should security agencies begin to search for witchcrafts?

I don't know how Nigerians are thinking o undecided

You're intelligent and he's not!

That's why you're not a first class, but he is.

Also, his title "Dr." is for PhD, but where is yours?
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Mujtahida: 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

HERE'S A PHOTO PROOF THAT RELIGION DAMAGES THE BRAIN FASTER THAN HARD DRUGS.
King Solomon said in the book of Ecclesiates that there's madness in the hearts of men while they live.

I think he was being euphemistic - that madness is religion cos religion is the one veritable outlet through which the irrational in man finds expression. Don't be surprised to find that the man with legs apart wildly springing up is a professor or an otherwise intelligent man but he needs that brief madness to maintain his sanity. So for the sake of his sanity he would never allow you take away his madness (religion)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) / Police Interrogates Biodun Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.