Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" (21092 Views)

Paul Enenche On Leah Sharibu: Enough Of The Bloodshed In Nigeria / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by kevoh(m): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Brother when we are able to prove voodooism using empirical evidence then I will gladly bring me. If in south Africa it can be studied as a course, I see no reason to study witchcraft in Nigeria
Like I told you, we will get to voodoism. Let's start with the first claim you made about the term spiritual, when we are fully convinced that you know what you are saying we can move to voodoism. Calm down, there's no rush. Except you want to tell me you didn't know what you were talking about when you made the statement about spiritual realm else kindly tackle the below post:
kevoh:

We will get there, step by step. Let's start with the one you claimed below first

1. Explain what is spiritual
2. Explain what is evil forces
3.. Explain what is physical

The first three questions are for us to have an idea of what you are saying and not just repeating words Christians like repeating with zero meaning.
4. Explain how as I am typing these questions or the cup of tea I took this morning has already manifested in the so called spiritual realm
5. Finally, give with concrete empirical evidence how you came to conclude that spiritual controls physical.

I hope you understand what concrete empirical evidence is, if not please do not waste my time with word salads and beating around the subject!
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Mujtahida: 4:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
how did you know. have you been dead before. atleast we have heard physical proof of people who were opportuned to die and came back to share their testimonies of heaven and hell. but what proof do you have convince us of your claims. none" i guess. its better to live life and die but later find out that there is no afterlife than to live your life on earth like there is no heaven or hell but die and find out that there is. then it is finished for you! be wise
And we have heard of people who died and came back saying there's no hell.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by IanKirkby(m): 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
Here we go again!
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2018
kevoh:

Like I told you, we will get to voodoism. Let's start with the first claim you made about the term spiritual, when we are fully convinced that you know what you are saying we can move to voodoism. Calm down, there's no rush. Except you want to tell me you didn't know what you were talking about when you made the statement about spiritual realm else kindly tackle the below post:
Mr man at the moment there is no empirical evidence for voodooism. And since there is no, there will be no need for me to state mine as it wouldn't be useful.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
Tozara:
What's eternal bliss? What constitutes bliss in an eternal paradise? What would you be doing for eternity?
You ask as though finding what to do when you all the means is such a difficulty.

If immortality could be purchased, do you think wealthy folks would worry about what they'd be doing and not pay for it?
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Mujtahida: 4:51pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

What is this one saying now?

Who told you men before Louis whatever didn't know germs to be the cause of ailments? since his discovery, what is it that has changed? Has he taken germs out of existence? Has he been able to stop people from falling sick? if you say his discovery has helped provide cure, who told you there weren't cures and treatments before his time.

Come out of your ignorance!

If you had the understanding that Christians possess, then you would know that the basic principle we live by is that every thing in our lives has been made subject to our instructions by virtue of Christ's authority given to us.

When drugs fail you, you become hopeless. But as a Christian, all you have to do is cast out the ailment and it goes, isn't that way more awesome?

You want to go on a journey, does Louis' study make your flight or ferry guaranteed? Sure not. If you had the privilege of being a Christian, all it'd take would just be for you to speak smoothness upon the journey, and you'd have it.

Christ came to among other things:

1. pay the Ransome for the sins which every human is naturally guilty of. He has paid now, so we can become exempt from every penalty.

2. He came to conquer death, and put him under the feet of us Christians.

3. He came to give us Christians authority over forces, principalities and powers in all realms.

So now We have dominion over the devil and his cohorts, as well as over death, poverty, sickness and pain. So you're only being in utter ignorance to think that the devil or sickness still oppresses any Christian.
Myles Monroe died in a plane crash. So many Christians die from accidents on a daily basis. You know why? Reality doesn't care about your religion. If fire touches you, you will feel the burn. Simple

1 Like

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
Chyxki:

Have you listened to him for a period of time to know what he preaches? Don't criticize ignorantly because you don't know him!
That's how they are bro. Always drawing conclusions out of ignorance, thinking they're smart.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by kevoh(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Mr man at the moment there is no empirical evidence for voodooism. And since there is no, there will be no need for me to state mine as it wouldn't be useful.
Kikiki grin grin grin, since you have no empirical evidence for either spiritual realm or voodoism, then you have no right to claim that is real. I knew you were just regurgitating what the religious nutjobs in Nigeria are fond of saying with zero evidence! angry angry

The fact that voodoism is studied in a University in South Africa does not make it real either. That is a a very weak defence. Harrry Porter is studied in an Ohio University, so are Zombies studied in Chicago and Baltimore, it does not make any of them real either.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2018
Chyxki:

You're intelligent and he's not!
That's why you're not a first class, but he is.
Also, his title "Dr." is for PhD, but where is yours?
Let's pray he passes his 5th Jamb exam first. opening gutters to rant nonsense.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
kevoh:

Kikiki grin grin grin, since you have no empirical evidence for either spiritual realm or voodoism, then you have no right to claim that is real. I knew you were just regurgitating what the religious nutjobs in Nigeria are fond of saying with zero evidence! angry angry

The fact that voodoism is studied in a University in South Africa does not make it real either. That is a a very weak defence. Harrry Porter is studied in an Ohio University, so are Zombies studied in Chicago and Baltimore, it does not make any of them real either.
They did. When am done with my dissertation you might get it
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Gerrard59(m): 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

To answer your question,
1. Dr Olukoya got his PhD in Molecular Genetics at the University of Reading, United Kingdom.
2. Those developed countries made sacrifices to get to where they are. USA for example dedicated their country to God. This is as a result of fervent prayers from top pastors. Their prayers made way for them. Secondly their kind of voodooism rarely causes havoc like ours as they use their for good things. The whites aren't different from us except for skin colour.

False. Prayer doesn't develop a country. If prayers was the reason behind the US development. What about Germany, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, UAE, Bahrain, Canada etc?

@Post, I love the way majority of the posters on this thread responded. Things need to be set right. How can evil spirits be behind the crises in the country?
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mujtahida:

Myles Monroe died in a plane crash. So many Christians die from accidents on a daily basis. You know why? Reality doesn't care about your religion. If fire touches you, you will feel the burn. Simple
Why were you in such a rush to say what you don't know?

There are several people on a daily basis, world over, who get saved from terrible situations based purely on their faith. I've heard testimonies of people who survived the blast of 9/11 by means way beyond the natural.
I remember one of several testimonies, wherein a man had a terrible crash while driving in his car. At first he was conscious, he tried at that time to pull himself out but he legs were stuck. The he lost consciousness. His testimony was that the people who eventually saw him come out of the car said he was THROWN out of the car. How do you explain the throwing when no one got near the car?

Even if you dig up stories of a thousand people who failed in faith, there are certainly a thousand others for whom it worked very well.

If you come out of school and can't get a great job, does it change the fact that college degrees make it possible for people to get great jobs?

Or if you pour water to your Generator rather than gasoline, and it refuses to run, does it change the fact that generators actually supply electric power?

The fact that you fail at something doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Sink that in!
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by elprince09: 5:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
Papyk:
Sir Your Father in the Lord is always creating fear in and all his followers. A country where there more churches than factories, A country where millions of youth and graduating every year and there no job for them to do, A country where churches are buy factories premises and turn them to churches. For example, please go to University of Lagos`s second gate and see for yourself, all the houses there are all bought and to mountain of fire church offices and churches. When people don`t find jobs, there will be frustrations in the Land and this is why you see all these bloodshed everywhere not any demonic spirits. In a develop country, people don`t go to church on monday morning, like they do in mountain of fire and other churches in Nigeria, they go to work. Your Doctor Olukoya knows this and that is why his family leave abroad.
ode, his family lives in festac..
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
Gerrard59:

False. Prayer doesn't develop a country. If prayers was the reason behind the US development. What about Germany, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, UAE, Bahrain, Canada etc?

@Post, I love the way majority of the posters on this thread responded. Things need to be set right. How can evil spirits be behind the crises in the country?
Yours is such a weak argument.

He didn't say "prayers develop all nations"

He said "prayers developed the US"

so bringing an argument about some countries that were developed without prayers doesn't form a suitable counterargument.

He didn't say nations couldn't develop without prayers.

By the way you can't be so sure that all those countries actually developed without prayers. Because just for the sake of one man out of the millions in a nation, God can decide to bless the entire nation. So there may have been one, two, or a few persons in those nations whose prayers had significant effects on the nations' prosperity.

Egypt rescued the world of famine at the time, how many of them prayed. Maybe just Joseph and a few others, and certainly the prayers were what gave the wisdom as regards how they could cope with the situation.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Mujtahida: 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

Why were you in such a rush to say what you don't know?

There are several people on a daily basis, world over, based purely on their faith. I've heard testimonies of people who survived the blast of 9/11 by means way beyond the natural.
I remember one of several testimonies, wherein a man had a terrible crash while driving in his car. At first he was conscious, he tried at that time to pull himself out but he legs were stuck. The he lost consciousness. His testimony was that the people who eventually saw him come out of the car said he was THROWN out of the car. How do you explain the throwing when no one got near the car?

Even if you dig up stories of a thousand people who failed in faith, there are certainly a thousand others for whom it worked very well.

If you come out of school and can't get a great job, does it change the fact that college degrees make it possible for people to get great jobs?

Or if you pour water to your Generator rather than gasoline, and it refuses to run, does it change the fact that generators actually supply electric power?

The fact that you fail at something doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Sink that in!
You've made my point for me. Your initial posts carried on about Christians having some form of divine immunity and that's why I mentioned Myles Munroe. Now you are talking of the miraculous without pegging it to Christianity. So you are making my point for me. Just like everyone else Christians die from accidents, Christians miraculously survive ghastly accidents too. Abi is it only Christians who survives ghastly accidents? You know why it's not only christians? It is because it doesn't depend on any blood of Jesus. Many have cried blood of Jesus and still died. Blood of Jesus is only seem validated by those who survived. But it's not about no blood. Life is random! And knows no Christian. Eat poison, you die, touch fire, it burns, prick yourself, blood will flow. Simple
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Ugosample(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Olukoya is a pastor that keeps his flock in constant fear of mundane things by spiritualising them

a student failed exam? the enemies of his mother's house is responsible

you don't have a job or you lost your job? there's a spiritual snail in your life

finding it hard/near impossible getting a husband? spiritual husbands are involved, they're the ones chasing your prospective husbands away

did you see a cockroach in your closet? that's definitely agents of your enemy at work

your business failed? its the gods of your grandfather that is responsible

so almost all prayers are directed at enemies/demons/gods of my father's house etc telling them to DIE!!!!!

but I understand cuz doing that's what the sheeples want to hear not the bitter truth, make them think they can pray away their problems and that some undetectable, invisible and intangible entity is responsible

No student really wants to hear he failed cuz he studied wrongly

No bachelor/spinster wants to hear they're finding getting spouse hard due to the fact that they're too damn ugly or have a shitty attitude or lack manners

someone whose business just failed doesn't want to hear its normal for businesses to fail as 9 out of 10 businesses fail within 5 years and he should take the lessons from that failed business to make another attempt

Exactly

You have a point

but let me be truthful to you

Black man is a wicked man, so diabolical acts etc are not impossible at all.

wickedness abound in this country
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mujtahida:

You've made my point for me. Your initial posts carried on about Christians having some form of divine immunity and that's why I mentioned Myles Munroe. Now you are talking of the miraculous without pegging it to Christianity. So you are making my point for me. Just like everyone else Christians die from accidents, Christians miraculously survive ghastly accidents too. Abi is it only Christians who survives ghastly accidents? You know why it's not only christians? It is because it doesn't depend on any blood of Jesus. Many have cried blood of Jesus and still died. Blood of Jesus is only seem validated by those who survived. But it's not about no blood. Life is random! And knows no Christian. Eat poison, you die, touch fire, it burns, prick yourself, blood will flow. Simple

You probably didn't read what I wrote well enough.

The man who got thrown out of his car miraculously, certainly experienced something that can only happen to someone with a supernatural backing. it wasn't random, and had he not had a spiritual connection, he couldn't have experienced it. That's the point that I make, not your own point on randomness.

During 9/11, there were people who said they literally were pushed at such high speeds by some force away from the scene, and that was the only reason they survived it. Gloria Copeland mentioned that during one of her visits to Canaanland.
The push wasn't ordinary, and it wasn't random, and they only experienced it cos they had a spiritual backing. Others who lacked such backing lost their lives to the incidence.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Mujtahida: 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

You probably didn't read what I wrote well enough.

The man who got thrown out of his car miraculously, certainly experienced something that can only happen to someone with a supernatural backing. it wasn't random, and had he not had a spiritual connection, he couldn't have experienced it. That's the point that I make, not your own point on randomness.

During 9/11, there were people who said they literally were pushed at such high speeds by some force away from the scene, and that was the only reason they survived it. Gloria Copeland mentioned that in one of her visits to Canaanland.
The push wasn't ordinary, and it wasn't random, and they only experienced it cos they had a spiritual backing. Others who lacked such backing lost their lives to the incidence.
My point is the bolded is not correct.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
You can only accept it's spiritual after you have tried competent leadership, even the messiah blamed the leadership for leaching off the sheep.
If you understand why religion ALL religions are tax free, you would finally understand religion, I wish Nigerians would read more and FIND knowledge not wait for it every Sunday. EVERY religion is fake because there is no truth in the world, throughout history every single truthteller has met a gruesome death.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by seguno2: 5:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You posting this because you haven't being dealt with. If you had stayed in the village for long, you would understand better. Witchcraft is real and in this part of the world,they are heartless and wicked. I had encounter them several times so I know much about them

Have you heard about J. K. Rowling and Harry Potter series?
If you have not, please find out and read them.
Cheers.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mujtahida:

My point is the bolded is not correct.
Then explain the physical concept behind how a force large enough to accelrate a 200-pound man got into the car.

After that give instances where such force has been used or deployed by other natural men.

If you can't, then it's funny to just say something you don't understand isn't correct.
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
seguno2:

Have you heard about J. K. Rowling and Harry Potter series?
If you have not, please find out and read them.
Cheers.
I watched them
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
Gerrard59:

Prayer does. The above countries did it years back that is why they are were they are today.It doesn't stop men from working but the foundation was laid
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by paxonel(m): 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
Chyxki:

You're intelligent and he's not!

That's why you're not a first class, but he is.

Also, his title "Dr." is for PhD, but where is yours?
common sense has nothing to do with academic achievements brother
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Mujtahida: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

Then explain the physical concept behind how a force large enough to accelrate a 200-pound man got into the car.

After that give instances where such force has been used or deployed by other natural men.

If you can't, then it's funny to just say something you don't understand isn't correct.
So to you once a thing as s inexplicable it automatically becomes attributable to the supernatural? I see.

Thunder was once feared because men attributed it to the divine. Today the science behind its workings is known. Nobody fears the Thunder any more. Things are supernatural to you because knowledge in that particular direction has not yet grown. Once knowledge gains ground the supernaturalness of a thing disappears.

1 Like

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Tozara(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
awesomeJ:

You ask as though finding what to do when you all the means is such a difficulty.

If immortality could be purchased, do you think wealthy folks would worry about what they'd be doing and not pay for it?
You didn't answer my question. What is eternal bliss? What kind of bliss would be obtainable in paradise that would last forever? Is it the same goodies and gratifications that the rich man's wealth avail him on earth magnified to infinite degree? Food? Drink? Sex? Music? Rock n'roll? A heavenly version of material luxury and enjoyment that Christians are admonished not to prioritize on earth, which Jesus Christ admonished you not to pursue, and that Saint Paul and the apostles referred to as worldly things of the flesh?

You mean your God would be affording you in heaven the kind of materialistic, self-indulgent, life of perpetual enjoyment that he discouraged you from having yourself immersed in while on earth? And that's what you'll be having for eternity? Your eternal bliss?

Seems more like Muslims who are promised to receive in heaven the very things they were forbidden to enjoy on earth - alcohol, wine, perpetual, reptilian-like sex with 72 virgins.

Which makes Allah's directive seem like, "Do not go to bars and brothels on earth, and I will allow you to enjoy them on a larger scale in heaven". In which case, why forbid Muslims from enjoying sexual orgies in brothels and getting intoxicated in clubs if these things would be their reward in the afterlife? Why label them sinful to begin with, if they're the very source of heavenly bliss? I've been looking for someone to explain the sense and logic in that to no avail, as I can't find any in it.

If that's not the kind of eternal bliss you're referring to, then I ask again, what is bliss in heaven, and what would make eternal happiness possible?

Even honey begins to taste sour when taken constantly for years, and the beautic vision of the Catholic heaven, the bliss of the Protestant paradise, or the luxury of the Islamic Firdaus begins to turn horrific, ugly, and bitter after billions or trillions of years must have passed. Those admitted into heaven after fulfilling all righteousness would suddenly find themekves in a horrific hell of boredom, tedium and stasis.

How can anyone enjoy eternal bliss, and of what nature would that bliss be?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by brojoshua: 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
All these great but false prophets. God is punishing Nigeria for its many sins and wickedness of false Christianity, corruption, injustice, unrighteousness, absence of mercy and truth, but the false prophets are blaming other things for the punishment of God upon a wicked people and country, because they are children of Satan who are disguising as children of God and don't know the truth. And now they speak by demons and speak lies to the people who love and listen to lies - their followers, so that people may continue in their sins that they may tarry long in destruction or that the wrath and judgment of God may continue to be on them.
Who doesn't know that it is the waster that God used to send upon the wicked people to destroy and waste them. The false pastors are telling people lies instead of telling them to turn away from their sins that they may have peace, but these are servants of Satan themselves who are leading people into destruction as they themselves are being lead by Satan their lord and prince.
Now we are the causes of our own problems, punishment and destruction in Nigeria, by our wickedness and many sins, for wickedness burns as fire. Unless we repent and turn from our wickedness, for almost all of us are very very wicked in Nigeria, from the false pastors to their followers, from the leaders to the followers, etc, otherwise God will continue to destroy us in Nigeria, there will be no peace either in town or in the village, wether in the day or in the night, etc. But if we repent and turn from our wicked ways to the good and right ways, only then will God heal our land, remove His curse and destruction from us in Nigeria and then bless us, for our sins and wickedness are very very great and have mounted to heaven before God. A corrupt people is an accursed people, there is no peace, says the Lord for the wicked...
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by hopefulLandlord: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

To answer your question,
1. Dr Olukoya got his PhD in Molecular Genetics at the University of Reading, United Kingdom.
2. Those developed countries made sacrifices to get to where they are. USA for example dedicated their country to God. This is as a result of fervent prayers from top pastors. Their prayers made way for them. Secondly their kind of voodooism rarely causes havoc like ours as they use their for good things. The whites aren't different from us except for skin colour.

Citation needed for number 2 cuz I suspect you're pulled that from your rear end

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by hopefulLandlord: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2018
genghiskhan007:

My friend close ya fuckin mouth there
Quote him when you adequately understand spiritual things indepth

Hehehehe

Brainwashed simpleton that believes Boko Haram, terrorism, Herdsmen killings, Land disputes etc are handiworks of some demons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by paxonel(m): 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2018
kerry57:

He is not intelligent at all, you are. Don't type trash about people u know nothing at all. The same Olukoya that is not intelligent to u is a First Class graduate of university of Reading in molecular and cell biology
may be he should have focused on the molecular biology he went to school to study, because this one he is doing as a pastor, there is no intelligence there. Even a little child with common sense will notice it.
Perhaps, when it comes to religion, he deliberately pocket his brain and forget that he is professor and put on Yoruba traditional diabolism or witchcraft and juju obsession on his head . grin

Is that how a professor suppose to think?

People like him are the reason why African education (especially Nigerian education) is rated low world wide.

You went to reading and got first class yet you came to Africa to practice ritualism in religion.
Just looking for the right adjective to describe the kinda situation this man has found himself undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Citation needed for number 2 cuz I suspect you're pulled that from your rear end
Citation indeed! Why didn't you ask for the first one undecided
Re: Olukoya: "Satanic Witchcraft Behind Bloodshed And Massive Deaths In Nigeria" by awesomeJ(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mujtahida:

So to you once a thing as s inexplicable it automatically becomes attributable to the supernatural? I see.

Thunder was once feared because men attributed it to the divine. Today the science behind its workings is known. Nobody fears the Thunder any more. Things are supernatural to you because knowledge in that particular direction has not yet grown. Once knowledge gains ground the supernaturalness of a thing disappears.

You see, it's not as if knowledge has not grown in this area. it actually is, that the established knowledge of this time already defines somethings as impossible, so If they should happen, then it only make sense to agree that they are supernatural since they put natural laws on hold.

There was no law that confirmed that lightning couldn't happen. In this case Newton has established a law that the entire world holds true. The law says there cannot be an acceleration on a body if no physical force acts on the body.

in the instance I gave you, that law was suspended, hence the reason, why any knowledgeable scientist only has the option of either denying the occurrence or attributing it to the supernatural. He won't say it needs to be learnt because they have established a governing law in that field already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Christian Sell Condoms And Viagra? / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" / A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.