Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" (15382 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Bishop Emmanuel Oko-Jaja: Kissing The Bride In Church During Wedding Is Unholy / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by bionixs: 9:18am On Apr 08, 2018
xreal:
Correct

100%
you no get money to do, e come be 100% correct abi? oga, make money o. that is his personal view
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by canalily(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2018
Obekz:
I see some sense in what she says
but op has no gender cool
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by panpan(m): 9:25am On Apr 08, 2018
Is anything at all compulsory?
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:31am On Apr 08, 2018
Tberry01:
it's her own point of view, but I will surely do mine
Why would you want to do a church wedding?
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by mmsen: 9:34am On Apr 08, 2018
Geesaintagape:
Nice talk 100% truth.
Anglican church okwe asaba does not wed who does not pay tithe .
I have questioned d biblical backing no answer answer yet

I did not know this but I'm sure they're not on the only house of religious fraud that does this.

It's all a money grab.

Traditional or court weddings should suffice. No need for the church to stick their hands into your pockets even more than they normally do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by abimicko: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Nothing but a factual words. Some people are religious captivist. In my observation

2 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by jericco1(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Ellabae:
shocked Do u want invitation letter? cheesy
lol I'd like to be the invitation.
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by DavidEsq(m): 9:37am On Apr 08, 2018
hezy4real01:
Yes I reason am too, the most important thing is both parents blessings look for one MOG wey ur mind follow make him bless una join.... I'm not a fan of ceremony
So wat happens wr both parents are dead and/or wen the marriage is in a turmoil zone, wr both parents w killed due to bombings
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Ellabae(f): 9:37am On Apr 08, 2018
jericco1:

lol I'd like to be the invitation.
Lol. cheesy
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by xreal: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2018
bionixs:
you no get money to do, e come be 100% correct abi? oga, make money o. that is his personal view

also my view.

Don't worry, after u do yours the flamboyant style...ur reasoning go change.

2 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 08, 2018
I would want us to be prayed for and annointed so we can equally marry in a chapel the size doesn’t matter however the important thing is are the principles in our heart or are they just words for themoment
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by FlyboyZee: 9:54am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
traditional marriage is compulsory?
Yes. It is in fact the only marriage recognized by the Bible...
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by FlyboyZee: 9:57am On Apr 08, 2018
sivel:
Na which kind wedding dey compulsory if i msy ask
Traditional wedding. It is the only wedding the Bible and the Law recognizes...
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Evince(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2018
100%-8. Perfect
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lexy2014: 10:01am On Apr 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
traditional marriage is compulsory?
very very. Infact, church wedding or white wedding is d white mans traditional wedding
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lexy2014: 10:03am On Apr 08, 2018
solasoulmusic:
I would want us to be prayed for and annointed so we can equally marry in a chapel the size doesn’t matter however the important thing is are the principles in our heart or are they just words for th moment
can't u pray 4 urself and anoint urself? Is it another mans prayer and anointing that will make ur marriage succeed?

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lexy2014: 10:05am On Apr 08, 2018
DavidEsq:

So wat happens wr both parents are dead and/or wen the marriage is in a turmoil zone, wr both parents w killed due to bombings
there will b still b family members who weren't killed due to bombings.
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by darlingnuel(m): 10:05am On Apr 08, 2018
ariesbull:
The most important thing is have your marriage certificate

If you are married but you don't have a marriage certificate ..legal backing

My dear you aren't married but living in union

Just like claiming a graduate no certificate to show
Marriage certificates are also issued at Marriage registry (aka court wedding)
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Shroud: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2018
Compulsory? Church wedding is a sham and a fraud.

No pastor has authority pronouncing anyone husband and wife. This is one of the reasons wives respect their pastors more than their husbands

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 08, 2018
lexy2014:
can't u pray 4 urself and anoint urself? Is it another mans prayer and anointing that will make ur marriage succeed?

I’m not in the ministry I haven’t gone through bible school. People don’t give pastors credit every one focuses on the outer appearances but never on the actual knowledge they possess about the scripture this is knowledge that has been tested mind you.

We can both pray for ourselves doesn’t matter where but a Man Of God must be there
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lexy2014: 10:22am On Apr 08, 2018
solasoulmusic:

I’m not in the ministry I haven’t gone through bible school. People don’t give pastors credit every one focuses on the outer appearances but never on the actual knowledge they possess about the scripture this is knowledge that has been tested mind you.

We can both pray for ourselves doesn’t matter where but a Man Of God must be there

u c that's d problem. That's y pastors feel like gods cos things u can do 4 urself, u feel pastor must do 4u. U don't need 2go thru bible school or b in "ministry". All u need 2do is read ur bible so u can understand ur authority in d religion u profess
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 08, 2018
lexy2014:
u c that's d problem. That's y pastors feel like gods cos things u can do 4 urself, u feel pastor must do 4u. U don't need 2go thru bible school or b in "ministry". All u need 2do is read ur bible so u can understand ur authority in d religion u profess
The walk with Christ isn’t just about reading the Bible alone it’s also about listening to his voice acting on faith and walking in love. You can’t say because you want to bless yourself another can’t have a Man Of God pray at her wedding
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lexy2014: 10:41am On Apr 08, 2018
solasoulmusic:
The walk with Christ isn’t just about reading the Bible alone it’s also about listening to his voice acting on faith and walking in love. You can’t say because you want to bless yourself another can’t have a Man Of God pray at her wedding
am not talking about ur walk with Christ am talking about exercising ur authority. Exercising ur authority is a function of what u no and ur knowledge comes from studying d Bible. D question is y would u want a "Man of God" to pray 4u at ur wedding? Cause u feel u need his prayer 4 ur marriage 2 succeed. Am I wrong?
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2018
lexy2014:
am not talking about ur walk with Christ am talking about exercising ur authority. Exercising ur authority is a function of what u no and ur knowledge comes from studying d Bible. D question is y would u want a "Man of God" to pray 4u at ur wedding? Cause u feel u need his prayer 4 ur marriage 2 succeed. Am I wrong?

No and that’s a negative way to look at it As a Man Of God he is a witness and it’s his presence a blessing towards but doesn’t mean the marriage won’t be blessed without it’s just something I want you know not everyone wants the same thing
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lexy2014: 11:05am On Apr 08, 2018
solasoulmusic:

No and that’s a negative way to look at it As a Man Of God he is a witness and it’s his presence a blessing towards but doesn’t mean the marriage won’t be blessed without it’s just something I want you know not everyone wants the same thing
u have just corroborated my point. What "presence" does a "Man of God" carry that u don't carry? U are trying 2 say without d "Man of Gods" presence ti bless u, then u aren't blessed. I don't no were that is in d bible. Am not saying u shouldn't want certain things but u are making ur blessing 4 ur life&marriage a function of what a pastor does or doesn't do 4u. That's y I said u need 2 read ur Bible to no ur authority
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 08, 2018
lexy2014:
u have just corroborated my point. What "presence" does a "Man of God" carry that u don't carry? U are trying 2 say without d "Man of Gods" presence ti bless u, then u aren't blessed. I don't no were that is in d bible. Am not saying u shouldn't want certain things but u are making ur blessing 4 ur life&marriage a function of what a pastor does or doesn't do 4u. That's y I said u need 2 read ur Bible to no ur authority

I think your reading too much into it it’s a blessing to me to have someone ordained in the ministry bless my marriage I pray for it daily so what your saying is Just besides the point I’m all about recognizing the gift in a Man Of God rather than thinking you alone can do all things.
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Evince(m): 11:14am On Apr 08, 2018
SolutionsGuy:
Not only that it is not compulsory, it is in fact USELESS. It is copied, a duplication and a function of inferiority complex.
We have traditional marriage recognised by God, the law and even the bible. All marriages the bible made reference to are traditional weddings. Then some folks came and said we must wear suits and some useless gowns to the church before God approves our marriages. What a dumb thing.

No white does black marriage. Our traditional wedding is our black marriage their own traditional marriage is their white wedding but we like copying and make ours inferior leading to triple marriage.

1 our traditional wedding (black wedding)
2 their traditional wedding ( white wedding)
3 court wedding ( registration of marriage)

The person wey bewitched us strong
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by eyinola: 11:17am On Apr 08, 2018
Valid.. No wedding is even mandatory grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by SAMBARRY: 11:19am On Apr 08, 2018
SolutionsGuy:
Not only that it is not compulsory, it is in fact USELESS. It is copied, a duplication and a function of inferiority complex.
We have traditional marriage recognised by God, the law and even the bible. All marriages the bible made reference to are traditional weddings. Then some folks came and said we must wear suits and some useless gowns to the church before God approves our marriages. What a dumb thing.
exactly.it's time and money wastage as far as I'm concerned and a licence for every deek and Harry in your church WHO assumes they're older than you to give you unsolicited advice and pry into your business or start reminding you after one week to get pregnant aka womb watchers.abeg I no dey for church drama filled with religious and cultural dogmas
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by lexy2014: 11:22am On Apr 08, 2018
solasoulmusic:

I think your reading too much into it it’s a blessing to me to have someone ordained in the ministry bless my marriage I pray for it daily so what your saying is Just besides the point I’m all about recognizing the gift in a Man Of God rather than thinking you alone can do all things.
am not reading too much into it. U can't do all things alone neither can u attribute to someone authority over ur life&destiny when u also have that same authority. That's my point. D same gift u say d man of God has, u also have. What are u, aren't u a woman of God? U&ur pastor are both products of redemption with d same access&gifts. D problem is that he is more conscious of that fact but u arent
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by Fianze93(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2018
Geesaintagape:
Nice talk 100% truth.
Anglican church okwe asaba does not wed who does not pay tithe .
I have questioned d biblical backing no answer answer yet

Bro, you are not sure of what u just typed... I don't blame you too for thinking that, because that is probably what you have been made to believe.

The Anglicans in Nigeria(the one I'm sure of) don't record tithes. The church doesn't know who pays and who doesn't pay.

What she records is Stewardship, and it is a free will cash paid to your parish, that identifies you to be a member.

NB: A lot of people think this stewardship is actually tithe, because they are actually collected same time during church service. The Sunday Matins conductor announces them same time and two collection boxes are dropped one is for tithe(which the priest will usually advice you to do, but not compel u) and the other Stewardhip(which is recorded, and considered important, but must be a free will contribution and not one tenth)

Pls do well to ask your priest questions or attend Friday classes if you are an Anglican so you can ask the Elders of your parish. As an Anglican do well to attend the Friday classes, that is where the church traditions, 39 Articles of Anglican Faith and Anglicanisn are taught and questions on important issues discussed for the growth of the church.

Thank u
Re: Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" by SAMBARRY: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2018
solasoulmusic:

oga you are the first prophet of your life.before anyone prays for you pray for yourself,before anyone lays hands on you lay hand on yourself and lay hand on your wife .you have spiritual and physical authority over your wife.all this my pastor said men sef.smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Pastor's Children Nonchalant To The Gospel? / 7 Types Of Giving In The Church / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.