Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders (47862 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Defends His Decision For Dreading His Hair & Wearing Earrings(vid / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by FreeStuffsNG: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Jimmy Odukoya, sister installed as church leaders

Jimmy, a son to the late pastor of the Fountain of Life Church, Ilupeju, Lagos, was installed as the senior pastor of the church on Saturday, September 30, 2023. His sister, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun, was also named the associate senior pastor.

Jimmy and Tolu’s parents, Taiwo and Bimbo, co-founded the church in 1992.

The installation ceremony, which was held at the headquarters of the church in Ilupeju, was attended by several eminent personalities in Christendom, including the presiding bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission, Mike Okonkwo and his wife, Peace; the president of The Sword of the Spirit Ministries, Wale Oke; and the senior pastor of Foundation of Truth Assembly, Yomi Kasali.

While delivering a sermon at the service, Oke reminisced on how humble the late Taiwo was, and also applauded the church for giving him a befitting burial. He added, “God used Pastor Taiwo and Bimbo Odukoya to found this church, and God is our cornerstone. They spent their years to honour God, and God has done them well.”

The new leaders of the church were then formally installed by Okonkwo, who was described as the ‘grandfather’ of the church.

This was because he prayed for Taiwo when the church was founded, and had guided him all through the years.

He said, “I remember many years ago, big mummy (his wife) and I laid hands on your parents when this church started, and today, we are also laying hands on both of you. God does not use perfect instruments. He uses those who seem unqualified to the natural eye.”

In an emotional laden voice, Jimmy then offered prayers to God, saying, “As your son, I want to say ‘thank you’. You have seen the sum total of who I am, and have placed me in this position. It is only by your grace that you have put me here.

“Thank you for putting me in the family of Pastor Taiwo and Bimbo Odukoya, and for making me carry their name. They stood, and despite the adversity, they carried your flag till their dying breath. Beyond the title, you looked at me and called me worthy.”

https://punchng.com/jimmy-odukoya-sister-installed-as-church-leaders/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by FreeStuffsNG: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hmmm.

As a Disciple of Christ, I am an amateur on this brand of Pentecostalism where son and daughter replace their father and mother to take over the running of affairs, and the concept of Pentecostalism itself , I will patiently allow myself to be guided on this issue.

It's obvious that TREM may likely take same route when the Founder is advanced in age or goes to be with the Lord. Check my signature for free stuffs.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by DrGoodman: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
The op has only one agenda, to insult Christianity.

Check my signature for free stuffs oh ye hungry fellows.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Botragelad: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Righteousness2(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
There is absolutely nothing wrong in having children replace their parents in Ministry.

What is wrong is if the children are not spiritually qualified to hold such position and you give it to them just based on physical relationship.

My prayer for the young man and his sister is that they submit wholeheartedly to GOD ALMIGHTY in truth and in spirit.

Ministry is beyond inheritance. Ministry is God's business. God does not need your height, your degree, your expertise or financial power to run his business.

Infact if the only qualification you have is that it is my father's church, you will be an experimental tool for the devil to waste.

If you want to truly see God work through you, you Must genuiely and personally yield yourself to Him.

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Botragelad: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2023
Righteousness2:
There is nothing in having children replace in Ministry.
What is wrong is if the children are not spiritually qualified to hold such position and you give it to them.

6 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by plaetton: 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
Pentecostal Christianity , by default, is a private business enterprise usually run by a family.

161 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Mvnster: 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
DrGoodman:

Who should you be blaming if you really care? People like the op or people who have turned the church from what it was to a business centre?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by abhosts(m): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
But when they are raising money to build exotic church buildings, they would tell donors that those contributions are made to God. People should be under no illusions and accept that penticostal charismatic churches are personal family ventures.

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Zupay: 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Righteousness2:
There is nothing in having children replace in Ministry.
What is wrong is if the children are not spiritually qualified to hold such position and you give it to them.

What makes children of founders of churches to be "spiritually" qualified to hold such positions after the death of their parents?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Righteousness2(m): 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2023
Zupay:

What makes children of founders of churches to be "spiritually" qualified to hold such positions after the death of their parents?

Whether befor or after death, you Must be spiritual qualified befor you yield to ministry except you want the devil to finish you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by 1Sharon(f): 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
Family affair- Mary J Blige

40 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by JohnnA1: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
This is good.

May God use them mightily to further His Church.

Amen!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Zupay: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
Righteousness2:

Whether befor or after death, you Must be spiritual qualified befor you yield to ministry except you want the devil to finish you.

OK, what are considered before one can be recognized as being spiritually qualified?

7 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by 89green: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2023
Business Venture, if you know you know

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by DaddyJapan(m): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
1Sharon:
Family affair- Mary J Blige

Family Affair -- Sly & The Family Stone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbT_ask1Cco

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Righteousness2(m): 6:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
Zupay:

OK, what are considered before one can be recognized as being spiritually qualified?
A Personal and genuie relationship with JESUS CHRIST.
A Personal walk with God.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Zupay: 6:36pm On Oct 01, 2023
Righteousness2:

A Personal and genuie relationship with JESUS CHRIST.
A Personal walk with God.

Noted.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Racoon(m): 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
All these pentecostalism is just a charade. They form churches and turned it to family business.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by happney65: 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm.

I am an amateur on this brand of Pentecostalism where son and daughter replace their father and mother to take over the running of affairs, and the concept of Pentecostalism itself , I will patiently allow myself to be guided on this issue.

It's obvious that TREM may likely take same route when the Founder is advanced in age or goes to be with the Lord.

I watched a little bit of the handing over to Jimmy and his sister Tolu on their YouTube channel yesterday.

A lot of them will do the same. Winners o, Embassy o, Their children are all pastors manning big churches in Europe and America.

By the time the owner passes away, It is transferred to the children or the wife and then it remains permanently in the Family.

I don't have anything against them using their children as successors afterall it is a family business. What I have against is them saying it is what the Holy spirit wants. No it is not as that is a blantant lie.

If tommorow I want to start going to church,You won't find me in any pentecostal church. I'll prefer to go to an Orthodox church

Today's brand of pentecostalism was created for financial prosperity preaching and was created as a family business and it shall remain so in Jesus name. grin grin

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Righthussle: 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
Na dia papa and mama business.

I pity the gullible that give them or other pulpit bandits their money .

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Jimmy Odukoya, sister installed as church leaders https://punchng.com/jimmy-odukoya-sister-installed-as-church-leaders/
Church business is marching on! undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by judedwriter(m): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ministry isn't butter and bread...

It involves much Bible studying, prayer and fasting, night vigils, strong faith, persecutions, agape love, selflessness, etc.

It is not something you inherit from your parents as you do property. You must be specifically called.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Shinjawestern: 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm.

I am an amateur on this brand of Pentecostalism where son and daughter replace their father and mother to take over the running of affairs, and the concept of Pentecostalism itself , I will patiently allow myself to be guided on this issue.

It's obvious that TREM may likely take same route when the Founder is advanced in age or goes to be with the Lord.

When will head slamming mohammadian terrorist focus on the black stone they do worship in Mecca

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Shinjawestern: 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
DrGoodman:

We know them...

We call them Abdul with black dot on their forehead

11 Likes

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Beess(m): 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Vvg
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Viccs: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
undecided
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Okiton: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
cheesy
Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by VinnyBaba: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
This Guy that acted one TV soap Opera where he Steals from his mother (Gloria Anozie).🤔

He looks too RUGGED to be a Pastor.🙁😕

He resembles a GIGOLO. 😒

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Nackzy: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Family business

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
Family Business

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders by bbyby01: 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
People wey dey say church no be family business. Una go explain tire. No evidence.
Waiting for Oyedepo to hand over to his son

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Best Christmas Selfie. / Pastor Alfred Ndlovu Dies Following 30 Days Dry Fasting To Beat Jesus Christ / Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.