Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21097 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 7:13pm On May 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

nigeria comprises of over 250 tribes and i am not HAPPY that just one tribe would cause its disintegration and that is the view of most nigerians who prefer to see this country as one.
to this day,the agitation of the igbo led this country to the civil war;that caused loss of lives and properties and the hatred of the war still dwell in the minds of the warring faction especially the igbo.
If you doubt this,let the govt call for a referendum on this issue in order to find a lasting solution to it once and for all cuz i still believe that only a few percentage of igbo want biafra or a sovereign state

The fact is all 250 tribes want a country of their own. Which is impossible . . . thats why everyone wants to remain One country.
and None of the 247 tribes actually want to go with the Yorubas, Hausas or the Igbos- and they would rather stay in One Nigeria.

What some people have to realize is this isnt the 1950's or 60's things have changed I like most Yoruba do not expect urhobos, Eastern Ijaws, edos, itsikeris to want to join a Oduduwa republic.

Just as Elite Hausas know - the Tiv, Igalla, Idom,Northern yoruba, Berom WILL NEVER be in an Arewa republic thats just common sense.

Theres some Igbos who already know the that Majority of Eastern Ijaw, Ogoni and Efik people will want their own republic or One Nigeria and not Biafra.

Folks just need to stop lying to themselves

ezeagu:

I'd say open a poll, but we already know what happens to polls here when they don't go a certain persons way. Be honest, none of the groups really care about Nigeria and the only reason why most are pretending is because of oil, same story, repeated over and over. MASSOB has more influence than you think, people are just unsure. If we can't learn about the 'civil war' without trouble, then we obviously haven't gotten over the events. Every time you say forget, the agitation intensifies and the determination spreads deeper.

Oil isnt even that big of a deal anymore- people should stop using that excuse.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 7:17pm On May 20, 2010
EzeUche:

Ngwa man, you are starting to be a thorn in my side as well. grin

South-South is another way of dividing the former Eastern Region. They were not clamoring for this back in the good ol days

But the Ijaw are the true South-South and a true nation, do they not also deserve the same position of independence for themselves? After all the Ijaw are not Igbo and their lands are quite significant.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On May 20, 2010
ezeagu:

Can you not see that I agreed with what you posted and moved on to make my own points, as far as I'm concerned, I could care less whether you agree with me or whether "your person" is jumping over River Niger. You're not that important. smiley
You did not agree with me  . . .  please STOP TWISTING what others say in your bid to score some imaginary cookie point.

I DID NOT call Ibos brainless and silly, and REFUSE to be associated in any comment, even from you, that postulates that Ibos are brainless and silly for moving out to Kaduna or any other place on the planet. Such comment has NOTHING to do with me and have NOTHING IN COMMON with my statements on the issue thus far!!

I really do not care for your Word-twist games. DO not make up LIES about my post. Be bold enough to OWN your own distatement opinions of Ibos. No need to push them on me please.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by onyengbu1(m): 7:19pm On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

THAT IS FALSE BULL and I suspect you know that too! 

Lagos is NOT what it is today because of Federal government. Please be sure to provide FACTS for your claim. I lived most all of my life in the same Lagos . . . . Private investors and Government has done more to better that state than the federal government can claim. It has not been Federal Capital for over 20 years --The Lagos Government itself has contributed MORE to building lagos to what it today, more than anyone can claim the federal government ever did. From Jakande to present, anyone who knows Lagos and honest would admit that the same federal government that has failed other places has also failed Lagos in so many ways but thanks to some good governors, we have been spared the same level of decay obtainable in other parts of the country.

You lived most of your life in Lagos and I cannot really tell how much most of that your life is. If not, I wonder why you can claim that private sectors and state government out did FG.

I cant reallly tell how young you are by this statement.

Kobojunkie:

THAT IS FALSE BULL and I suspect you know that too! 

What has that to do with this? Are you turning this into some sort of better than you CRAPPY debate?  Do you realize how this statement is way off point?
Don’t bother telling me this . . .  I happen to know enough about the eastern governors to know that you are just trying to create FLUFF arguments for the governors.  To try to lie to us here is not only a slap in the face of average ibos living the miserable conditions in the East today but also Ibos around the world.

I havent attempted to debate on any better-than-you ground. However you FIRST suggested that south east governors arent meeting up and I challenged you to prove it.
But, obviously, you want it to degenerate into that so that some people here can come to your aid. I dont even want to do that with you.

And stop quit talking about only Aba. We know that you lived in Aba but, hello, Aba is not the only town in the east.
Hey there, there are also millions of yorubas living in miserable conditions in the west and all over the world including eastern nigeria. Stop worrying for the igbos.

sjeezy8:

Ondo state is doing VERY WELL- Gov Olusegun Mimiko performing better than ebonyi lol Imo and Abia. Not because hes yoruba or hes in the West its because He realizes (like Fashola) you cant achieve anything through FED govt- which is why he has PPP projects and doesnt fund things through the Govt.

and I dont think anyone said igbo govenors are performing Less. igbo mentality at its best EVERYTHING YOU GUYS SAY ITS IGBO VS anyone. and try to turn everything into to tribal competition- you should really grow up clown

I am believing that you are joking on this because you are even too far away from the states you mentioned including Ogun to prove what you are saying.

It is the statements your sister made that suggests that your people is better than everyone else. It is not an ibo person that did that.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 7:23pm On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You did not agree with me  . . .  please STOP TWISTING what others say in your bid to score some imaginary cookie point.

I DID NOT call Ibos brainless and silly, and REFUSE to be associated in any comment, even from you, that postulates that Ibos are brainless and silly for moving out to Kaduna or any other place on the planet. Such comment has NOTHING to do with me and have NOTHING IN COMMON with my statements on the issue thus far!!

I really do not care for your Word-twist games. DO not make up LIES about my post. Be bold enough to OWN your own distatement opinions of Ibos. No need to push them on me please.

Let's move on and stop whinging about irrelevant things that I could care less about. Your post was cited and people can see what you wrote. No more excuse to draw attention to yourself.

What's the next topic. . . . ?

sjeezy8:

Oil isnt even that big of a deal anymore- people should stop using that excuse.

So why do people care about Nigeria. . . . . ?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 7:25pm On May 20, 2010
sjeezy8:

Theres some Igbos who already know the that Majority of Eastern Ijaw, Ogoni and Efik people will want their own republic or One Nigeria and not Biafra.

I agree with you about the Eastern Ijaw and Ogoni but not the Efik people. I know these people very well, and they fought for Biafra in large numbers. These people out of all the minorities of the East were the Igbos true allies in our time of need.

Now the Ogoni will always fear Igbo domination but you see that the Igbo did not come to their rescue when their champion was killed by Abacha. And no one trust the Ijaw.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 7:30pm On May 20, 2010
ezeagu:

But the Ijaw are the true South-South and a true nation, do they not also deserve the same position of independence for themselves? After all the Ijaw are not Igbo and their lands are quite significant.

Ijawland is way too small to be considered a nation. Just divide it up with the East and the Midwest then that would solve the problem.

A nation filled up with only Ijaws would fail. Their nation would not progress due to their laziness. They need Igbos in control to lead them in the right direction.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by onyengbu1(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2010
EzeUche:

Ijawland is way too small to be considered a nation. Just divide it up with the East and the Midwest then that would solve the problem.

A nation filled up with only Ijaws would fail. Their nation would not progress due to their laziness. They need Igbos in control to lead them in the right direction.

if it ever actually comes to splitting of Nigeria, it will b best to leave them to decide on that one.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 7:34pm On May 20, 2010
EzeUche:

I agree with you about the Eastern Ijaw and Ogoni but not the Efik people. I know these people very well, and they fought for Biafra in large numbers. These people out of all the minorities of the East were the Igbos true allies in our time of need.

Now the Ogoni will always fear Igbo domination but you see that the Igbo did not come to their rescue when their champion was killed by Abacha. And no one trust the Ijaw.

To be honest EzeUche is right. Most Igbo people no longer see the Ijaw as a closer group to themselves as they did before the Nigeria-Biafra war, and it's a fact that most Igbo would rather be on their own than join these people because of what happened in the war and after. EzeUche is also right about the Ibibio and Efik. Many other Nigerians don't 'hear' these people so they don't know much about their allegiances and historical relationship with the Igbo to be fair.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 7:39pm On May 20, 2010
onye_ngbu:

if it ever actually comes to splitting of Nigeria, it will b best to leave them to decide on that one.

This is what I am saying, why would you force people with yourself?

EzeUche:

Ijaw land is not even that small compared to Igboland, it's actually around half. It's not fair to cancel a peoples aspirations because some others think they're lazy. It's their land let them decide what they want to do with it.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 7:41pm On May 20, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Frankly, I could care less about what the Ijaw choose. If they want their own nation, then so be it. But I refuse to have a landlocked Igboland! Never in a million of years. Especially when our boundary is just miles to the sea.

However, I doubt that would ever happen. Just like Donald Duke when he was gov was requesting for Igbo businessmen to invest in Calabar, we will never be landlocked due to the need of the other minorities for our business acumen. The Ijaws cannot survive on oil alone.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 20, 2010
ezeagu:

I'd say open a poll, but we already know what happens to polls here when they don't go a certain persons way. Be honest, none of the groups really care about Nigeria and the only reason why most are pretending is because of oil, same story, repeated over and over. MASSOB has more influence than you think, people are just unsure. If we can't learn about the 'civil war' without trouble, then we obviously haven't gotten over the events. Every time you say forget, the agitation intensifies and the determination spreads deeper.
abeg forget about that your poll.the greater percentage of nigerians comprise of the uneducated public wh shouldnt be manipulated into what they DONT want.where have you seen people voting for a referendum without knowing what it means.your poll was not understood by a large percentage that voted and you didnt take your time to educated in details;you actually wanted to manipulte them into supporting what they dont know nor understand until the admin educated people and they got a clearer picture of the whole thing.
go to the market and ask the women if they want nigeria to break;go to other places where there are average men and women;not boasting of a lost struggle on the internet.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On May 20, 2010
onye_ngbu:

You lived most of your life in Lagos and I cannot really tell how much most of that your life is. If not, I wonder why you can claim that private sectors and state government out did FG.
I havent attempted to debate on any better-than-you ground. However you FIRST suggested that south east governors arent meeting up and I challenged you to prove it.
Actually debating on better-than ground is what you have been doing all this while. Any HONEST individual out there would not even DARE to compare the level of development in Lagos, by the STATE government and PRIVATE investors to that in Eastern states that you have mentioned so far. The billions so far that have been injected from private pockets (tax revenue included) cannot be compared to the amount the federal spent in that state in  more than 40 years.

Development in Rivers cannot even be compared to what is currently obtained in any of the other Eastern States. And the money is NOT federal money in anyway. SO what is your point?

South East governors, considering the amount of allocations they continue to get each month (compared to population by the way) and the lack of serious revenue generation practices, have continued to cripple development of the Eastern states to this day, and you want us all to IGNORE this fact? Please do the math please!

onye_ngbu:

But, obviously, you want it to degenerate into that so that some people here can come to your aid. I dont even want to do that with you.
HUH? Some people here can do what? Now you are trying to piss me off bad . . .  Stick to the debate and stop jumping all over the place to prove some moot point.

onye_ngbu:

And stop quit talking about only Aba. We know that you lived in Aba but, hello, Aba is not the only town in the east.
Hey there, there are also millions of yorubas living in miserable conditions in the west and all over the world including eastern nigeria. Stop worrying for the igbos.

I didn’t just live in Aba, I also lived in a couple others places including Owerri and Onitsha. Only visited family in Enugu from time to time, and I am not certain what you are trying to get at here. Aba is not considered one of the major cities/town in the Eastern states?
What has the condition of yorubas to do with a conversation on the state of Ibo land? I have every right to worry about the Ibos here. Not sure why you seem it is YOUR place to tell anyone what people they can or cannot worry about.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

abeg forget about that your poll.the greater percentage of nigerians comprise of the uneducated public wh shouldnt be manipulated into what they DONT want.where have you seen people voting for a referendum without knowing what it means.your poll was not understood by a large percentage that voted and you didnt take your time to educated in details;you actually wanted to manipulte them into supporting what they dont know nor understand until the admin educated people and they got a clearer picture of the whole thing.
go to the market and ask the women if they want nigeria to break;go to other places where there are average men and women;not boasting of a lost struggle on the internet.

First of all I wasn't the one that opened the poll you're talking about.

So what evidence do you have to show that the people on the internet are not average? Do you have to be a billionaire to afford the internet, or what kind of un-average people are on the internet? I would like to see that vote take place one day among the "average" people but it will only be dispersed with bullets. Nigeria isn't a secure country as you may know and this works to the advantage of those with bullets.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by dayokanu(m): 8:22pm On May 20, 2010

I think this is an arrogant statement to make. I am sure Ijawland wont be the smallest country in the world if the have their own country.

If anyone described Igbos in this manner I am sure you wont find it funny. Thats the problem most Biafran advocates have, Arrogance and this has made most minorities suspicious and would never support the struggle.

Read the below and see how it sounds

Igboland is way too small to be considered a nation. Just divide it up with the West and the North then that would solve the problem.

A nation filled up with only Igbos would fail. Their nation would not progress due to their greed. They need Hausas in control to lead them in the right direction.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 8:23pm On May 20, 2010
^^^^ Take Ezeuche seriously at your own peril.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On May 20, 2010
But I refuse to have a landlocked Igboland! Never in a million of years. Especially when our boundary is just miles to the sea.

However, I doubt that would ever happen. Just like Donald Duke when he was gov was requesting for Igbo businessmen to invest in Calabar, we will never be landlocked due to the need of the other minorities for our business acumen. The Ijaws cannot survive on oil alone.

But the Igbo heartland doesnt have access to the sea, How do you get the needed access.

^^^^ Take Ezeuche seriously at your own peril.

Probably thats the right attitude to Biafra advocates
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On May 20, 2010
hhhmmm . . . . We should not take @EzeUche seriously but you should be taken seriously? ROFLMAO!. . . .   grin grin cheesy

dayokanu:

Probably thats the right attitude to Biafra advocates

Maybe add the whole lot of the "IBOS ARE VICTIMS" crowd to that . . . .lol
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bkbabe97: 8:35pm On May 20, 2010
EzeUche:

Frankly, I could care less about what the Ijaw choose. If they want their own nation, then so be it. But I refuse to have a landlocked Igboland! Never in a million of years. Especially when our boundary is just miles to the sea.

Can someone scream :"Double-speak"??!?!? And u dare say, of all people, that the Yorubas are treacherous and that they speak out of both sides of their mouth. U hilarious Biafran u!!!lol. In one stance "the Ijaws can be their own nation if they want", immediately after "U will refuse them sovereignity" becus if u do u will be landlocked!!!

Wow!!! So, its true after all. Yall was just trying to take the people's oil thats why u went to war??!!? I guess, God dont like ugly (Ibo men)  thats why yall got annihilated!!!

EzeUche:

A nation filled up with only Ijaws would fai[/b]l. Their nation would not progress due to their laziness. [b]They need Igbos in control to lead them in the right direction.

Why dont we just divide Ibo land between the rest of Nigeria while we at it? A nation filled with Ijaws will fail but that filled with Ibos will achieve space age technology in no time, right? They need the Ibos to lead them in the right direction now dont they? Wow! Do u now see why Biafra will never be achieved? Do u now see why yall will always be viewed with suspicion? Do u now see why it aint farfetched to say yall the greediest people on the face of the planet? Just imagine half a million other ibo men with your point of view, what do we get. . . . ?

EzeUche:

Now the Ogoni will always fear Igbo domination but you see that the Igbo did not come to their rescue when their champion was killed b[/b]y Abacha. [b]And no one trust the Ijaw.

Dude, yall aint go to their rescue, cause u championed Ken Saro Wiwa's death! You thot by killing him, u would get one step closer to stealing they oil; u failed as usual! Yall greed is always seen from miles away. Selfish effers!

The Ibo race is about the most delusional I've ever come across! U guys are the only ones that undastand yallselves! According to u ; Noone trusts the Ijaws, no one trusts the yorubas, Noone trusts the Polish, Noone trusts the italians bla bla bla. Meanwhile, popular lore is that NOONE TRUSTS THE IBOS!!! And thats the truth!!! You keep throwing it out there that every other person is untrustworthy, meanwhile collective theory is that your race is not to be trusted. Can u now see that ure not to be trusted for real?

ezeagu:

To be honest EzeUche is right. Most Igbo people no longer see the Ijaw as a closer group to themselves as they did before the Nigeria-Biafra war, and it's a fact that most Igbo would rather be on their own than join these people .

So, go and enjoy your landlocked Biafra!!! Why u gotta steal their land and oil by force?!?!? If biafra was to agree to be its "real" self, instead of stealing land and oil that dont belong to it, I doubt the Nigerian nation will fight to stop it from leaving!!! Buncha greedy effers!!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 20, 2010
ezeagu:

First of all I wasn't the one that opened the poll you're talking about.

So what evidence do you have to show that the people on the internet are not average? Do you have to be a billionaire to afford the internet, or what kind of un-average people are on the internet? I would like to see that vote take place one day among the "average" people but it will only be dispersed with bullets. Nigeria isn't a secure country as you may know and this works to the advantage of those with bullets.
beaf created the controversial poll and what i meant was that nigerians should be allowed to determine their fate by themselves.this nL talk talk doesnt change anything.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

let the nigeria populace determine their fate by themselves
I heard and understood what you were getting at with everything you said (and I still don't agree), but the above portion of your post struck me the most. Do you not see the irony in this statement and what you've been saying thus far? . . . either that, or maybe I'm not understanding this statement correctly, or as you intended.

Some people here are mentioning that the new sovereign territories, established by the division of Nigeria would be too small, and I would like to make a contribution to that discussion. Now, since Nigerians are always fond of citing western countries as examples, I will as well do the same. It seems that some of you are unfamiliar with how small many of the European countries are. In case you did not know before, the sovereign territories, formed from Nigeria, would still be roughly the same size, if not bigger, than many of those European countries. In fact, a lot of ethnic groups in Nigeria actually outnumber (by the millions) many European countries, population-wise. So please, help me understand, why exactly is size an issue when it comes to dividing Nigeria? Why exactly is it impossible to divide Nigeria according to those ethnic groups, or regional socio-cultural/political groups?

EzeUche, you're speaking more hypocritically. For your own benefit, keep your mouth shut, regarding the Ijo and sovereignty. Also, EzeUche, many countries are landlocked and they fare pretty well. Stop worrying about [not] being landlocked.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On May 20, 2010
@Ezeuche is right though, those cutting off other parts of the eastern bloc from their IBO Sovereign nation will need to face the LANDLOCKED reality he speaks of at some point.  ROFLMAO!!  

At least he is willing to admit one of the major problems to the exclusively for "real" IBO's advocates  . . .   I mean look at the map. How do you cut out the other states without consequence?

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 9:05pm On May 20, 2010
EzeUche:

A federation can be formed between the Igbo and Ibibio this isn't even an issue. We share too many traits to just severe ourselves completely from each other. And to clarify they've given/take away from the Igbo as much as the Igbo have given/taken away from them including intermarriage, language and customs such as Ekpe. Opobo, Eket and Calabar have the potential all the other ports in the world have, and Calabar was Nigeria's most popular port at one time (although for a negative reason). As for the Ijaw, I don't know, maybe they can join a neo-Benin Empire, but there can never be another union between the Igbo and Ijaw when talking about states.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 20, 2010
why hasnt becomerich clarified this matter with some maps?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by UcheUwadi(m): 10:03pm On May 20, 2010
I am seeing a whole lot of nonsense since I last posted in this thread. People like Ezeuche [/b]and [b]bk/baybe97 is not helping the issue either.

Even if and that is a big IF, secession was achieved, every people have the right to determine their own destiny. I am a big supporter for Self-determination among ALL groups. It doesn't matter if the person is Igbo, Yoruba, Ibibio, Ijaw, Urhobo etc, each group has the right to self-determination. That being said, some groups would find it beneficial to join forces with each other, because sometimes, the bigger the nation, the more clout that it has.

On the issue that Igboland will be landlocked, that does not necessarily need to happen, if some Igbo groups who deny their Igbo identity will set oil politics aside and see that we are one Igbo-speaking people. Oil has been the bane in the East, in which people overly depend on oil in which they should be focused on their own ingenuity.

Finally, on the issue of Igbos being hated in the East, I find it interesting that the people commenting on this issue do not even know much about East. Eastern politics is quite complex and I doubt people from the West or northern part of the country understand the dynamics of the East. For example, to a Hausa, a man from Ibibioland would probably be seen as a Igbo by the way he speaks and his cultural mannerism even though the man comes from a distinct group. How many Yorubas can tell the difference between an Igbo or an Efik? Or an Ibibio with an Ogoni? The answer is that you can't.

This discussion about the Igbos being hated that was brought up by bk/baybe97 is not needed, and in fact, it is quite childish. Igbos have been trading and had links with these people even before the Europeans stepped foot in those communities. Igbo traders even traded in modern day Cameroon so that will tell you how long the trade roots and how old the links are.

Leave tribal hatred aside, because Nigeria not progressing and no group is surpassing the other group in any way. It doesn't matter if the person is Idoma, Bini, Igala, Hausa etc, the majority of people making up these groups are still suffering.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On May 20, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

On the issue that Igboland will be landlocked, that does not necessarily need to happen, if some Igbo groups who deny their Igbo identity will set oil politics aside and see that we are one Igbo-speaking people. Oil has been the bane in the East, in which people overly depend on oil in which they should be focused on their own ingenuity.
I am not certain it is the groups themselves denying their Ibo Identity. Matter of fact, we have so far had Ibos DENYING the other groups on here. Some have even gone as far as to list the only states that ought to be considered Ibo, redrawing the maps and essentially, limiting the use of the word to their RIGHT MODEL. The Rivers, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom folks aren’t the ones redrawing the map on here.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Ezeuche is right though, those cutting off other parts of the eastern bloc from their IBO Sovereign nation will need to face the LANDLOCKED reality he speaks of at some point.  ROFLMAO!!  

At least he is willing to admit one of the major problems to the exclusively for "real" IBO's advocates  . . .   I mean look at the map. How do you cut out the other states without consequence?

What can be more self-indictment of ignorance than the map of Nigeria attached to your previous post with referencing chart of circled figure of airplane as International airport? On the map, I could point out four (4) International airports with three (3) in the north region of Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 10:39pm On May 20, 2010
lol tyhe funniest comments I read on here  grin

Igbo people are funny - I wont say all of them have issues with being CRAZY but ill say atleast 70% of them.

bk/babe97:

Can someone scream :"Double-speak"??!?!? And u dare say, of all people, that the Yorubas are treacherous and that they speak out of both sides of their mouth. U hilarious Biafran u!!!lol. In one stance "the Ijaws can be their own nation if they want", immediately after "U will refuse them sovereignity" becus if u do u will be landlocked!!!

Wow!!! So, its true after all. Yall was just trying to take the people's oil thats why u went to war??!!? I guess, God dont like ugly (Ibo men)  thats why yall got annihilated!!!

Why dont we just divide Ibo land between the rest of Nigeria while we at it? A nation filled with Ijaws will fail but that filled with Ibos will achieve space age technology in no time, right? They need the Ibos to lead them in the right direction now dont they? Wow! Do u now see why Biafra will never be achieved? Do u now see why yall will always be viewed with suspicion? Do u now see why it aint farfetched to say yall the greediest people on the face of the planet? Just imagine half a million other ibo men with your point of view, what do we get. . . . ?

Dude, yall aint go to their rescue, cause u championed Ken Saro Wiwa's death! You thot by killing him, u would get one step closer to stealing they oil; u failed as usual! Yall greed is always seen from miles away. Selfish effers!

The Ibo race is about the most delusional I've ever come across! U guys are the only ones that undastand yallselves! According to u ; Noone trusts the Ijaws, no one trusts the yorubas, Noone trusts the Polish, Noone trusts the italians bla bla bla. Meanwhile, popular lore is that NOONE TRUSTS THE IBOS!!! And thats the truth!!! You keep throwing it out there that every other person is untrustworthy, meanwhile collective theory is that your race is not to be trusted. Can u now see that ure not to be trusted for real?

He said say No one trust the yorubas- But everyone in Nigeria trusted Obj to be president, he said no one trust Ijaw people but people are more open to having Jonathan as president, The Uche-guy said we cant tell the difference bewtween efik-ibibio and Igbo but people seem to support Donald Duke( from cross river) in becoming president more than any guy in the "EAST".

The fact is that no one hates igbos but with the way MANY talk I dont see anyone trusting them esp when it comes to keeping Nigeria One.

EzeUche:

who says that- and Im sure youre not the only one who thinks like that. And im sure Ijaw people know that some igbo think like you also.
Not a good look-
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by UcheUwadi(m): 10:56pm On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am not certain it is the groups themselves denying their Ibo Identity. Matter of fact, we have so far had Ibos DENYING the other groups on here. Some have even gone as far as to list the only states that ought to be considered Ibo, redrawing the maps and essentially, limiting the use of the word to their RIGHT MODEL. The Rivers, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom folks aren’t the ones redrawing the map on here.

Even though some Igbos denied other groups being Igbo, for the most part, we have Igbo sub-units who have denied being Igbo due to the marginalization of Igbos in Nigeria. Lets not stick our heads in the sand and understand that many Igbo sub-units find its more expedient to deny being Igbo in get access to scarce resources. I am not one to cry out marginalization, because my family left Nigeria for greener pastures since the country does not reward its most talented individuals which forces many to leave for the West.

However, why would you think the Ikwerre deny their Igbo roots even though the language they speak, their culture, and even the names of their children are all Igbo. It is actually sad, because an Igbo from Enugu can understand the Igbo being spoke by an Ikwerre with relative ease. You never see among other groups, asking if a people we all know are the same people questioning their identity.

sjeezy8:

lol tyhe funniest comments I read on here  grin

The Uche-guy say we cant tell the difference bewtween efik-ibibio and Igbo but people seem to support Donald Duke( from cross river) in becoming president more than any guy in the "EAST".

sjeezy8,

I made that comment for a reason, because the majority of non-Easterners cannot tell the difference between an Igbo from Efik. Why do you think that even Efiks, Ibibios and Kalabari were targetted in the North during the Pogroms and not the Yoruba. That is due to the fact, that they were seen as the same people with the Igbo, even though they were not. Cultural similarities, but not the same people. Only the people of the East understand the nuances between the group. I bet you did not know that you can even lump the Ibibio together with the Efik and Ogoni since all of their languages are mutually interchangeable, but for some reason, they are all separate ethnic groups.

It just baffles me that the politics of divide and rule is still in action in the East. Our links are much older than the nation of Nigeria and that is a true travesty. Even the link between the Igbo and the Ijaw is an old one as well. Why do you think Goodluck Jonathan's middle name is Igbo? Why would a people who hate the Igbo so much give their children Igbo names?

FYI, most Igbos could care less about the politics of Nigeria. That is why you do not find many Igbo politicians trying to lord over the entire nation. Why would someone try to rule a nation that has so many fault lines? I know I would not sleep at night if I was put in charge of Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On May 20, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

Even though some Igbos denied other groups being Igbo, for the most part, we have Igbo sub-units who have denied being Igbo due to the marginalization of Igbos in Nigeria. Lets not stick our heads in the sand and understand that many Igbo sub-units find its more expedient to deny being Igbo in get access to scarce resources. Why would you think the Ikwerre deny their Igbo roots even though the language they speak, their culture, and even the names of their children are all Igbo. It is actually sad, because an Igbo from Enugu can understand the Igbo being spoke by an Ikwerre with relative ease.
The ones who have done the denying so far on this thread, and have gone as far as to give us a list of states that ought to be considered Ibo, eliminating surrounding states are those who claim to be “real” ibos.

You know what I think, this brings to mind a question that was posed on another thread. If this level of division exists among the ibos, how feasible is Biafra?

About Jonathan's ibo connection, I think you may need to take that one up with your fellow Ibos who DENY that fact.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by UcheUwadi(m): 11:08pm On May 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The ones who have done the denying so far on this thread, and have gone as far as to give us a list of states that ought to be considered Ibo, eliminating surrounding states are those who claim to be “real” ibos.
You know what I think, this brings to mind a question that was posed on another thread. If this level of division exists among the ibos, how feasible is Biafra?

Division exist in any society, it doesn't matter where the country is located in the world. The U.K. has fault lines, India has hundreds of fault lines, and Germany has fault lines. The way I reason, we cannot make predictions about the present state of a people. Predictions do not mean a Biafra is not feasible. However, one thing that is true is that the way Nigeria is set up now is not working. If over 50 years we do not get it, then I do not think we ever will.

And concerning our discussion about Jonathan, I have yet to see any Igbo deny that there is connection between the Ijaw and the Igbos. My great grandfather who was an indigene of Umuahia traded with the Ijaw people and the other groups of the Niger Delta. It was due to these trade contacts that my own grandmother spoke Kalabari due to my great grandfather's trading activities.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On May 20, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

And concerning our discussion about Jonathan, I have yet to see any Igbo deny that there is connection between the Ijaw and the Igbos. My great grandfather who was an indigene of Umuahia traded with the Ijaw people and the other groups of the Niger Delta. It was due to these trade contacts that my own grandmother spoke Kalabari due to my great grandfather's trading activities.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-445416.224.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Photos From Independence Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service, Abuja / Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Osinbajo, Fashola And Kemi Adeosun In A Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.