Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (103174 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2010
Henry leaves on a free

www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona and Thierry Henry have reached an agreement to rescind the player’s contract and he is now free to sign for the New York Red Bulls.

The French star leaves Camp Nou after three seasons having a season working with Frank Rijkaard and another two under Pep Guardiola. Henry won seven trophies with Barça and played in 121 official games, scoring 49 goals.

Thursday presentation

Henry will now continue his career in Major League Soccer with New York Red Bulls and will be presented in the United States at 13:15 (local time) on Thursday. “This is a new and exciting chapter in my career,” he said.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2010
eyoniggar:

7:51 AM 7/13 NEW UPDATE, Messi: Bros how far na KAKA: I dey o Messi: e get as this world cup take be o KAKA: walahi I no know, Messi: una own better, Guy na 4-0 dem flog us ,I no score goal,me wey be world footballer KAKA: Guy dem tear me Red card,I never collect Red before for my life. No be only u no Score,Rooney nko,even Torres. Messi: Una lucky say no be Germany una meet. I no even see road dribble, when Gerrard tell me I think say na lie, KAKA: But dat 4-0 too much o,How maradona ? Messi: The guy cry thruout night,he dey blame us Say we bleep up, I go meet u for Brazil, Arrange woman for me o,I never bleep for 4 weeks

i don die with laugh. Eyo u tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much with this ur episode. abeg free my wind "messi"
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2010
^^^^ Na copy and paste.

People so who wud replace yaya, henry and zlatan?

Does any1 have info if Zlatan wud be leaving? I want that dude out with
immediate effect. And also chrygynsti abi na wetin be him name? That dude needs to
be offloaded asap!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2010
eyoniggar:

does any1 have info if Zlatan wud be leaving? I want that dude out with
immediate effect. [b]And also chrygynsti abi na wetin be him name? [/b]That dude needs to
be offloaded asap!!

The guy don go back to Shaktar Donest nao . . .15M
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 9:05am On Jul 15, 2010
Ibra might likely stays.
Villa for henry.
we need another good defensive midfielder.
promote some promosing bois(fontas/bartra,dalmau/montoya to cover for chygyrnsky.
leave cesc and give more playing time to thiago/jds.
keep marquez for DM role,he did well as DM for mexico.
bring back caceres,he own rubben in semifinal.
we need good team to shame the big mouth in madrid.
forza barca!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2010
ogazi007:

Ibra might likely stays.
Villa for henry.
we need another good defensive midfielder.
promote some promosing bois(fontas/bartra,dalmau/montoya to cover for chygyrnsky.
leave cesc and give more playing time to thiago/jds.
keep marquez for DM role,he did well as DM for mexico.
bring back caceres,he own rubben in semifinal.
we need good team to shame the big mouth in madrid.
forza barca!

Correct.
Milito and Maxwell continue their stand-in roles. They are actually good players.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Ajenlekoko!
Yeah Milito is as reliable as puyol.
he is a stopper with a whole lots of experince.
i was mad when he could not made Maradona list.
Maradona screwed up big time,milito is better than calamity Demichelis.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by tkb417(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2010
hehehehe

didnt know someone has pasted it here

omo laff wan kill me with tht exchange between Kaka and Messi

nice one
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2010
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
khanye:

Nice siggy for the names.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2010
U HAVE GOT TO GIVE IT TO THE GOLDEN BOI, HE IS MIRACULOUS LIKE PAUL THE OCTOPUS!GOD BLESS INIESTA!GOD BLESS BARCA!!

Spanish national hero and Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta (26) is very close to a special honor. A stadium in Albacete might bear his name in the near future. After his winning goal in the World Cup final helped Spain to win their first-ever title, some of the fans started a petition.

According to Spox.com, 25.000 fans along with the management of the club Albacete Balompie in the second league agreed that the stadium should be renamed after the golden boy from Fuentealbilla. The stadium is currently named after former mayor and architect of the stadium itself, Carlos Belmonte.

Interestingly, Iniesta already has his own street in his home town Fuentealbilla, in the province of Albacete. After Spain conquered Germany in the Euro finals two years ago, Iniesta’s street was named after the most popular person of the town. Iniesta’s house got number 1.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
OFFICIAL: Barcelona Agree To Terms With Sevilla Full Back Adriano

As confirmed by the club's website, Barcelona have agreed to terms with Adriano, Sevilla's mercurial Brazilian full back, and will pay a transfer fee of €9.5 million for the defender/wing-back with an additional €4 million in performance-based incentives.

The agreement is pending the player's medical exam and signing of contract, which will take place after the player arrives in Barcelona on Saturday.

Adriano has played six seasons in La Liga, showing excellent versatility in that time as a player able to play on either flank as a full-back or winger, whilst he has also played as a central midfielder on occasion.

With his arrival to Barcelona, Adriano reunites with compatriot Dani Alves with whom he shared a number of successes during their four years together at Sevilla. Together in Andalusia, the two Brazilians won a Copa del Rey title, two UEFA Cups [now Europa League], one Spanish Supercup, and one European Supercup.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/07/16/2028272/official-barcelona-agree-to-terms-with-sevilla-full-back
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by DrKitaun(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
ogazi007:

U HAVE GOT TO GIVE IT TO THE GOLDEN BOI, HE IS MIRACULOUS LIKE PAUL THE OCTOPUS!GOD BLESS INIESTA!GOD BLESS BARCA!!

Spanish national hero and Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta (26) is very close to a special honor. A stadium in Albacete might bear his name in the near future. After his winning goal in the World Cup final helped Spain to win their first-ever title, some of the fans started a petition.

According to Spox.com, 25.000 fans along with the management of the club Albacete Balompie in the second league agreed that the stadium should be renamed after the golden boy from Fuentealbilla. The stadium is currently named after former mayor and architect of the stadium itself, Carlos Belmonte.

Interestingly, Iniesta already has his own street in his home town Fuentealbilla, in the province of Albacete. After Spain conquered Germany in the Euro finals two years ago, Iniesta’s street was named after the most popular person of the town. Iniesta’s house got number 1.

big deal ?

even JJ has a stadium named after him, maybe we are not so behind afterall cheesy
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

big deal ?

even JJ has a stadium named after him, maybe we are not so behind afterall
cheesy

Bad belle (nwanna iwe ewegbuna gi)
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 1:58pm On Jul 17, 2010
Who is JJ?
We are talking about a world cup winner,a golden boi that had written his name in history.
He scored a decisive goal in the world cup finals.He is Ini,the one that destroys the hope of Almighty Chelsea(Epl).
He renders good defenders useless,he can spot a player in the darkness and give an accurate pass.
Gunners were lucky he was injured when MESSILESSI rape arsenal without a lubricant,ini could have made it 8-1,the dude is wicked.
Enough respect for JJ,he has done his best and i guess it was not good enough to take super Eagle beyond the knock out stages of the world cup.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2010
Adriano is a good buy.it seems Rosell would be smarter than larporta in the transfer market.
quiet deal wethin a short period of time,and the dude is multi purpose,he can play LB,RB,LW,RW.
May be the era of trowing money arround is over.
forza Barca.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2010
khanye:

Golden is their names
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 8:28pm On Jul 17, 2010
Valdes dey that list? How many matches him play for WC? grin
Abeg add Drogba! Sharp sharp. cheesy
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2010
Which list are you talking about?
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2010
That list up there! tongue
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2010
Oh yes, he's our goalkeeper, do you have a problem with that? undecided
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by kokonets(m): 10:44am On Jul 19, 2010
Mes Que club. . . barca playas just dey dominate tongue all these clubs go hear am cheesy
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2010
Youth: Thiago scores as Spain surge sinks Croatia

Luis Milla’s Spain side came from behind to open their Group B account with a win thanks to second-half goals from FC Barcelona’s Thiago Alcantara (19) and Real Madrid striker Rodrigo Moreno (19). Six Barcelona youngstars started the game for Spain while forward Ruben Rochina (19) came on as a super-sub.

Spain came from behind to get their UEFA European Under-19 Championship campaign off to a winning start with a 2-1 victory against Croatia in Bayeux.

Spainish fans may have feared an opening day defeat when Franko Andrijasevic put the debutants ahead against the run of play on 42 minutes. Second-half goals from Thiago Alcántara and Rodrigo Moreno settled Spanish nerves, however, and earned La Roja maximum points.

Despite seeing his team sail through qualifying with a 100% record, Croatia coach Ivica Grnja insisted on caution in their Group B opener against Spain, who found it difficult to break through their opponent’s 4-1-4-1 formation.

Spain dominated possession in the first half yet it was Croatia who opened the scoring with Andrijasevic’s flighted long-range effort stunning the crowd as it found the back of the net via the woodwork. Milla reacted by bringing on Athletic Bilbao’s Iker Muniain at half-time. As La Roja committed more men forward they were rewarded with an equaliser eight minutes after the restart when Brazilian born virtuoso Thiago Alcantara slotted a cool first time finish from fifteen yards out, after recieving a pass from Barcelona teammate Carles Planas.

Shortly afterwards the four-time U19 winners were ahead after a great surge and shot resulted in Croatia keeper Delac palming Barcelona fullback Martín Montoya’s shot straight to Real Madrid’s Rodrigo Moreno, who calmly headed into an open net from ten yards out. It almost got even better for the dominant Spain when defender Marc Bartra guided a flying header straight onto the upright and when subsititute Ruben Rochina came close with a long range effort, but their one-goal lead ultimately proved sufficient.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/youth-thiago-scores-as-spain-surge-sinks-croatia/#ixzz0u7V4z3sf
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 11:01am On Jul 19, 2010
FBS:

Valdes dey that list? How many matches him play for WC?  grin
Abeg add Drogba! Sharp sharp.  cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
[center]PEP IN PRESS CONFRESS!!![/center]

In a press conference that lasted more than an hour at the Nou Camp this morning, Pep Guardiola agave an exhaustive overview of his squad, admitting that it’s in midfield that: “we may be missing a piece”.

It’s been two months and two days since the boss last faced the media, on May 17th, and his first words this morning were to welcome the press back, telling them: “it’s good to see you all again. It’s always a pleasure to be here”.

Guardiola gave a thorough run through of his ideas about the squad for next season, discussing possible signings and transfers, whilst admitting he prefers to work with a small squad.

Below, listed alphabetically, are the boss’s reflections on his squad:

Abidal

With Chygrynsky sold and Marquez another possible departure, Guardiola admitted that Abidal could figure at centre half “occasionally – he has the qualities needed to play there”.
AdrianoGGuardiola was very positive about his incorporation, explaining: “he’s got dynamism and an intensity that will be really good for us” and revealed he’d be useful to allow Alves to take a rest: “Puyol is finding it increasingly hard to play at full back. I also didn’t want somebody who could only play at right back”.

Bojan

Once again, the boss was full of praise for his young striker: “I’ve not seen him today, as I had other things to do, but I will. I’m really pleased that he’s continuing here. If he does what he did last year when he was vital in us taking the league title, then I know he’s going to make things tough for me. I hope I can give him the game time he deserves”.

Cesc

Guardiola reckons his signing is difficult: “I can understand that he is an important player at Arsenal. They know that we want him. He’s a top player, young, educated here at this club and taken away from us when he was just 15”.

Pep knows his midfield needs strengthening and is looking for somebody like Xavi or Iniesta, or maybe Toure: “we’re a bit short of players in the middle”.

Henry

“It’s been a real pleasure to have worked with him. Barca have to be thankful to all the players who’ve played here. We have great memories of his time here and I hope everything goes well in the future”. Guardiola also explained that the decision to leave was Henry’s alone.
brahimovic

Although he’s counting on the Swedish striker, Guardiola admitted: “a player of his quality has to decide his own future”, insisting that like Marquez, Ibra must make his own decision as to whether he stays, whilst accepting that the player has not expressed his desire to leave and insisting he doesn’t want to sell him. “He came here to be a reference for the team, but an injury at the end of last season meant that he was out for a month and he didn’t start the last few games. He has always worked hard to achieve the status he has”.

Iniesta

The World Cup hero received fulsome praise, with the boss claiming: “it’s good that the goal that won the trophy came from such an unassuming guy who is so fond of the game. He’s such a normal guy. He had a few problems last season and let’s see if we can again enjoy him at his best this year”.

Keita

If there is no signing of a direct replacement for Touré, Keita could take over in the defensive midfield role.

Márquez

As with Ibra, Guardiola left the ball firmly in the player’s court: “it’s down to him if he stays or not. We spoke about it before the World Cup” Guardiola also praised Marquez’s attitude during his seven years at the club.

Messi

Guardiola reckons Messi had a good World Cup: “he was one of the most active players in qualification, but they came up against a great German team. I’m sure it made him sad to lose, because things get to him, but I think he’s keen to get back and play as that’s what he enjoys”, adding he can come back from his break whenever he likes.
Touré

with Chygrynsky, Guardiola was disappointed at the African’s departure, explaining: “it’s a big loss for us. I understand that he’s a player who wants to play more often, particularly in the big games and I couldn’t give him all the opportunities he wanted. He’s an impressive athlete, an extraordinary lad who I had a good relation with, but he wanted out. I did everything possible to keep him - everything and more. I feel very bad about it, but I hope he finds what we couldn’t give him at City”.

Chygrynsky

Lamenting his departure, Pep revealed: “I know it looks like I’m a liar because I said he would stay, but even though I have my views, the interest of the club must come first and the President told me we had to sell him. The economic question always holds sway over my opinions”.

Villa

Guardiola sees him as the replacement for Henry: “he can cover both positions well – down the middle and on the left wing. He’s always got goals, he’s very direct and good at finding space”.

Henrique, Hleb, Víctor Sánchez and Keirrison

Guardiola explained that he’d like the players out on loan last season to repeat their experience: “that’s our intention, but we know that if that’s not possible, they are Barca players and they will come back here. We’ll try and find a way out for them”.

Josep Guardiola also answered questions about the World Cup success enjoyed by Spain: “when a team wins, it’s thanks to the contribution of all the people involved, though it’s true that our players played a key part, but they were managed by Del Bosque, who represented Madrid for a long time. This generation of footballers has won a lot and I have enormous admiration for the way in which Del Bosque has represented Spain. It’s good news for Spanish and Catalan football. It made me very happy to see them win”.

Guardiola hopes that “common sense” will prevail over Spain’s proposed friendly against Mexico set for August 11th: “the players aren’t back from holiday until the ninth and I can’t see them being fit to play two days later”. Barca themselves return from their Asia Tour on 9th August and face Seville in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup on the fourteenth.

Guardiola also commented on Madrid’s new manager, Jose Mourinho: “he’s one of the best, if not the best manager in the world. If the best come to our game then that’s good for us all. This season we have to start from zero and build again, I’m sure Madrid will be very competitive, as they’ve not won anything for two seasons”.

WE ARE BACK AGAIN!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2010
Let the games begin. This is sure the downfall of Mou.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
Let the games begin, bring on anyone. cool cool cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2010
We are back, i cant wait any longer
Forza Barca
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2010
Cesc may hand in a transfer request

English tabloid The Daily Mail is reporting that Arsenal FC midfielder and Spanish international Cesc Fabregas (23) is refusing to take no for an answer on his dream move to Barcelona and may be forced to make an official transfer request.

This follows Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger’s assertion that his skipper will not be going to the Camp Nou this summer.

Barca are ready to spend the lion’s share of their transfer budget on the 23-year-old midfielder but manager Pep Guardiola said this morning that he undertands if Arsenal do not want to let go of Cesc. Pep said:

“I totally understand that Arsenal are reluctant to let go of a player like Cesc Fabregas.

“If they don’t want to negotiate, he won’t come.

‘We’d love to see him ply his trade at Barcelona next term.”
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 10:24am On Jul 20, 2010
Cesc has shown Wenger and arsenal fans enough respect,and i think its high time he comes out bold to fight for his future.
its obvious Wenger had failed in his youth policy and its annoying seeing a La -masia product wasting his entire career chasing shadows.
seven years down the road and we are still counting,all they kept telling us is next season would be better.there is nothing good that will ever come out of this crops of inexperience and frustrated Arsenal players.Fab has paid his dues(7yrs) its only fair to let him move on with his life.the boi is sad when the likes of smal bojan,jerfren,pedro,Jds,thiago had all won plenty trophies,i really feel for cesc,he deserves better.u cant keep a player of his class without at least a trophy in two seasons.im supporting him to come back home to realise his dreams.it could only do wenger more harm to insist he wanna keep a player whose mind is elsewhere.i wish him the best.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2010
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2010
Ogazi, true yarnz there. The boy go just think sey na swear them swear for am.

Wengay should respect himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UCL (5 - 4) On 28th May 2016 / Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.