Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. (54820 Views)

A Lady Dies After Taking Poison After Her Boyfriend Left Her (Pictures) / Man She Met And Made Love With On Same Day Left Her To Get Married The Next Day / Slaymama Held After Her Date Left Her With Bills. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Checked86: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
It is better to be in UK and make fun of distance. SHAKIRA TALK AM
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by paris10: 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
yeyerolling:
Minimum wage in the uk is around 7 pounds per hour. She was probably a cleaner or cashier. Meaning she had no beta skill. No wonder she took 27k . doubt this story abeg. No uk returnee wud take 27k job.

Are you serious? Bankers in the UK don't even take home £1800. Cleaners working 40 hrs a week take home 1200. Bankers doing same hours take home 1600. Working full time in retails (40hrs) will fetch you 1400. So, she got a good job. Securities putting in extra shift would probably take home that amount. Dont be decieved.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by famosh: 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:
Even by UK standards she was just getting by on 1800 pounds monthly. So don't do the direct conversion.

She sacrificed for love but harsh realities have reconfigured her oblongata.

Naija is tough and no food for uninventive man for Lagos. You either shape up or ship out.

Nigeria needs creativity now and not some kind of employee situation.

No lamentation would change that.

You should know Nigerians by now! If they don't convert it, knowing that the equivalent in pounds is like living a below average life in the UK, how the story go sweet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Jbleenk: 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
Amhappy:

You are sure she pays no tax,no house rent,no transport, no utility bill,no expenses,no deductions whatsoever on top the 27k. If it was better,babe would have stayed back in Naija. She wanted to stay back and get married. No use sleep compare death abeg.

Quite frankly no way u can compare uk standard of living with that of Nigeria I have survived with less than £1,700/month, then I had no responsibility. Every penny I earn was for me alone. In uk, a family man with 2 kids can never survive on that amount without recourse to public funds or other means of income. It's almost impossible. Truth is u will lead a better quality of life in Nigeria if u live and earn the equivalent of £1,700 (850k) here in Naija than u would in uk, far better.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Amhappy(f): 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
Jbleenk:

Quite frankly no way u can compare uk standard of living with that of Nigeria I have survived with less than £1,700/month, then I had no responsibility. Every penny I earn was for me alone. In uk, a family man with 2 kids can never survive on that amount without recourse to public funds or other means of income. It's almost impossible. Truth is u will lead a better quality of life in Nigeria if u live and earn the equivalent of £1,700 (850k) here in Naija than u would in uk, far better.

Even half of that sef (400k plus) is good money in Naija but 27k Mbanu Haba. I no blame the lady ooo
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
coolGood for d couple.There's opportunity. here.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rafcrown(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
HMRC STAFF ?
shaybebaby:
Just to clear up some bits on here. A monthly wage of £1800 is quoted gross not net because deductions vary, there might be student loans and other stuff which we do not know.

That said this translates to £21,600 pa.

Take home pay calculation is.

Gross pay = 21,600
Personal Allowance (18/19). (11,850)
- - - - - - - -
10,100@20%= 1950

National insurance (21600-6032)*12%=1868
Total deduction= 21600-(1950+1868)=17781.84

Net pay monthly=17781.84\12
=£1481.82

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by sweetilicious(f): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
cutefergiee:
Dis one gada muscle oo
Dedicate this FTC award to all of us still alive and kicking... Lets be grateful for life..
If we can make it tru d night, brighter days ahead...
Av a great day � y'all
Amen
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Ginginet04: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2018
yeyerolling:
Minimum wage in the uk is around 7 pounds per hour. She was probably a cleaner or cashier. Meaning she had no beta skill. No wonder she took 27k . doubt this story abeg. No uk returnee wud take 27k job.
I wonder which country you are based, live in or how much you make. That salary in the UK is more than enough to live on for some. That’s what the average earning is in the UK. If her take home after tax reflects that amount, you should find something better worth doing than saying someone else is a cleaner or cashier.
1. Starting salary of cashier is 18,000pa deduct 32%tax
2. Starting salary of cleaner is 10-15,000pa
I would a job is a job, at least she’s making an effort to earn a living as well as making space to find love.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Ginginet04: 12:20am On Apr 19, 2018
slam7000:

But she wasn’t on average salary na. £12 per hour is not average anywhere in the uk by any standard. Even health care support work with nhsp would have to work really hard to get that.
I disagree with you, What if she’s in a better paid job? I understand the NHS are useless but there are jobs that you can do strees free and earn over 30pa. I should know.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Surrey2Bimshire: 5:27am On Apr 19, 2018
Lalas247:

Lol even me that is a homeowner knows he is chatting pure trash .... I’m telling u this dude is a fraud grin
Can’t u see nothing he says makes any sense .. got we over here looking like wtf is he in about ...

Lmfao.
Reading through his comment and I’m like hmmm okay ?
cry

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Lalas247(f): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

Lmfao.
Reading through his comment and I’m like hmmm okay ?
cry

We have left him to God ... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Surrey2Bimshire: 8:26am On Apr 19, 2018
Lalas247:

We have left him to God ... cheesy

I am having a laugh .. it’s just funny how people argue based off of “Sky” news

Smh

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 9:20am On Apr 19, 2018
Just looking on ACCA jobs website for accountants and graduate trainee accountant in London for £20,000

The average starting salaries for graduate trainees is £18,000 and that is comfortable to live on in London for a single person with not too much responsibilities. After tax take home pay is about £1,400. If a single person cant live on this comfortably, even if they earn £100,000 weekly it still be difficult.

Some comments here have overstated the reality of life in the UK, someone even went as far as saying if you earn under £30K or £40k then you are a slave. I think that is a very ignorant comment to make.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2018
rafcrown:
HMRC STAFF ?
No, lol.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Lalas247(f): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
Surrey2Bimshire:

I am having a laugh .. it’s just funny how people argue based off of “Sky” news

Smh
It’s his supporters I feel sorry for ... blind leading blind
grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Lalas247(f): 1:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
Rubyventures:
Just looking on ACCA jobs website for accountants and graduate trainee accountant in London for £20,000

The average starting salaries for graduate trainees is £18,000 and that is comfortable to live on in London for a single person with not too much responsibilities. After tax take home pay is about £1,400. If a single person cant live on this comfortably, even if they earn £100,000 weekly it still be difficult.

Some comments here have overstated the reality of life in the UK, someone even went as far as saying if you earn under £30K or £40k then you are a slave. I think that is a very ignorant comment to make.
lol @ last statement

You have to understand most of the stupid comments are just to make themselves feel better about Naija .... the reality is life is much more better even with our taxes .... still better quality of life all round

It’s like religion ... I keep saying only Naija witches dey none here in London ... I wonder why grin they get so brain washed easily hence why the country and economy is in a state ! Imagine I’m buying palm oil Ghana made buying yam Ghana made .. it’s an insult and we are meant to be giants of Africa ..... even £500 a month can feed a lot of families with change ..

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lalas247:

lol @ last statement

You have to understand most of the stupid comments are just to make themselves feel better about Naija .... the reality is life is much more better even with our taxes .... still better quality of life all round

It’s like religion ... I keep saying only Naija witches dey none here in London ... I wonder why grin they get so brain washed easily hence why the country and economy is in a state ! Imagine I’m buying palm oil Ghana made buying yam Ghana made .. it’s an insult and we are meant to be giants of Africa ..... even £500 a month can feed a lot of families with change ..

Lol grin

They take their Nigerian mentality everywhere they go , instead of being practical and realistic. " I better pass my neighbour life style" embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Lalas247(f): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
Rubyventures:

Lol grin

They take their Nigerian mentality everywhere they go , instead of being practical and realistic. " I better pass my neighbour life style" embarassed
Refreshing chat Ruby wink
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by drnoel: 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
yeyerolling:

Did u not see the amount she supposedly earned in UK?
DO d math and don't yearn OP
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Ginginet04: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
toks208:

You can get cheap and very good rooms for 300 or 350..depends on the zones and all inside London.
I dont believe you, I have recently moved out of my 10 years accomodation in London and I will tell you all zones; you WILL/CAN never find rooms for that price even if it's house share. I paid £1100 in rent and £215 in council tax lol.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Elxandre(m): 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
From this thread, I just realized something.
Londoners (just like Lagosians) think everything begins and end in London grin

Don't quote me oh. I never reach embassy before o grin
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
The story sounds fakish
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by toks208: 12:42am On Jun 17, 2018
Ginginet04:

I dont believe you, I have recently moved out of my 10 years accomodation in London and I will tell you all zones; you WILL/CAN never find rooms for that price even if it's house share. I paid £1100 in rent and £215 in council tax lol.

Believe what you like...i presently pay 320 per month in Thamesmead ...all inclusive.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by linearity: 1:29am On Jun 17, 2018
Lalas247:

she was on above average pay£5 - £7.50 is average pay . she clearly got taxed and that's what she had left .. so let's say 1 million. is her salary the rest is Tax

even my staff get paid less.. she earns more than ppl who work NHS or social houses ...

You are confusing minimum salary with average.

5.00-7.50 pounds is minimum wage and by no standard average in the UK.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2018
toks208:

Believe what you like...i presently pay 320 per month in Thamesmead ...all inclusive.

This could be a box room? That's a good deal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Your Zodiac Sign Says About Your Intimacy Life / Guys, Which Do You Prefer, A Beautiful Face Or A Banging Body? / Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.