Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

When Love Speaks - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (411766 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by jawarareloaded(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2018
adeoyun:
Why am I haves feeling that there are two doors in this office
Entrance and exit door and Jewel is actually going through the exit door while Angel is coming through the entrance door
Nice job guy
Or more of emergency exit!!!
Re: When Love Speaks by jawarareloaded(m): 8:35am On Nov 08, 2018
Nice work keep it up
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2018
Episode 39

Jewel stood up and walked to the door. He stopped and turned to face Steven.

"don't forget what I told you. Give Ella a job in the managing department" Jewel said.

"I won't forget. I will do that immediately" Steven responded.

A knock sounded on the door for the second time.

"come in. The door is open" Steven said to those at the door.

"talk to you later" Jewel said and turned to leave.

Just as he was about placing his hand on the door handle, the door opened from outside. He froze before he could even take a step. His lips parted. His eyes widen in shock as he stared at the door. Standing at the door was Angel and his superior. Angel too was so shocked to see Jewel. It was as if the world just paused the moment she was Jewel. It was as if her body system stopped working. Her handbag fell off from her hand involuntarily. The pen she was holding also dropped from her hand, making a cracking sound on the floor. They stood still staring at each other in shock. Angel's superior stared from Angel to Jewel, back to Angel, as he couldn't understand what was going on.

Steven noticed what was going on and immediately went to meet them at the door.

"Mr James, Miss Owen, you guys are here already. you are welcome." Steven said to Angel and her superior.

He turned to face Jewel.

"what are you still doing here? will you get out from this place immediately and go continue with your cleaning job" Steven barked.

Steven's voice brought Jewel back to reality. His voice was so loud that even Angel felt the effect. Jewel stared at Steven confused, not sure why he was suddenly shouting at him.

"will you just stand there and look at me like an idiot or go continue with your cleaning duty." Steven barked again.

Jewel continued staring at Steven, confused.

"so you don't want to leave. I will make sure you lose your job today. you are even useless to this company" Steven said.

Jewel had never been so shocked and confused at the same time in his entire life. He was already shocked seeing Angel, and Steven was adding to his problem by confusing him with his sudden change of behavior. He couldn't understand why Steven was suddenly saying all that to him.

Steven held his hand and forcefully dragged him out of the office.

"get out of here, you slowpoke" Steven barked.

Steven walked back to Angel and Mr James and invited them into his office.

"please come in" Steven said and led the way.

Mr James walked in, while Angel stood at the same position, staring at Jewel in shock. The shock of seeing Jewel again after many years was already too much for her, but she still had to watch how Jewel was being treated like a slave.

"Miss Owen, aren't you coming in?" Steven asked when Angel wouldn't move an inch.

Angel slowly picked up her handbag from the floor and entered the office. She didn't take her gaze off Jewel who was now standing outside the office, not until Steven closed the door.

Everything Steven displayed was just a show. He noticed that Jewel and Angel might know each other, from the way they stared at each other. That was why he quickly put up that show for Angel to think that Jewel was just a common cleaner who is being maltreated.

"please have your seat" Steven said to Angel and Mr James.

They sat down on the visitors' seat while Steven sat behind his desk.

"so, let go straight to business" Steven said.

Mr James brought out a file and dropped it on the desk.

"this is our business proposal. I'm sure you will find it interesting when you go through it."Mr James said.

Steven took the file and busied himself with it.

Angel's mind was far from what was happening in the office. She was completing lost. What just happened in the office kept recurring in her mind. She was having mixed feelings. She was happy to see Jewel again after many years, but at the same time sad that Jewel ended up that way. She was sad that Jewel ended up being a cleaner, even to the extent that he was being treated like a slave. She stared sadly into air.

'Jewel, why did you end up this way? I never expected to see you this way. why did you give up on your dream. You shouldn't have given up so easily. you shouldn't have allowed your future be ruined just because you were expelled from school. Jewel why? why didn't you fight? oh God! This is really sad.' she thought, almost tearing up.

"Miss Owen!" Mr James called, bringing Angel back to reality.

She turned to see him already standing up.

"let's start leaving. we are through" Mr James said.

Angel was so carried away that she didn't realize when the meeting ended. She didn't even contribute anything to the meeting.

"okay sir" Angel responded and stood up.

She carried her handbag and they left Steven's office. She looked for Jewel, immediately she came out from the office, but he was nowhere to be found. Even as they exit the building, she still didn't see Jewel. They located their car in the parking lot and entered.

"wait" Angel said, immediately Mr James started the engine.

"what is it?" Mr James asked.

"I think I forgot my pen in that office. I need to go get it." Angel said.

"you can get a new one" Mr James said.

"no, I need that one. it's very important to me. Just wait here while I rush back inside to get it." Angel said and alighted from the car.

She rushed back into the building. She went straight to the reception desk.

"please I'm looking for a guy. He is actually a cleaner here" she said to the receptionist.

"it there a problem ma?" the receptionist asked.

"not really, I just want to tip him" Angel responded.

"there are lot of cleaners here, and I don't know the exact person you are looking for. I will only be of help if you know the person's name." the receptionist said.

"his name is Jewel" Angel responded.

"okay, Jewel is cleaning the restroom. Just head straight to that direction you will meet him there" the receptionist said and pointed toward the direction of the restroom.

"okay thanks" Angel responded and headed straight to that direction.

Jewel sat on the floor in the restroom, staring into air. He still haven't gotten over the shock of seeing Angel again after 7years.

'so, that was Angel.' he thought.
'thank God she is doing well for herself. She looks so beautiful'

"Jewel!" he heard his name behind him.

He slowly turned to see Angel standing few steps away from him. He stood up immediately. Angel ran to meet him and gave him a very tight hug. She wrapped her hands tightly around him. Jewel also hugged her tightly. They hugged for almost 5minutes before Angel freed him. She held his hands and stared into his eyes.

"I have missed you Jewel. I miss you a lot" Angel said.

"I miss you a lot too" Jewel responded.

"what happened? why are you working here as a cleaner? why will you be working in a place where you are treated like a slave?" Angel asked.

"I have no other choice" Jewel responded.

"but why.........." she paused.
"don't worry, we will sit down and talk about everything. My superior is waiting for me in the car. I need to go now. Just give me your number. I will call you and tell you where we will meet." Angel said.

Jewel brought out his broken Nokia 3310 phone from his pocket. The phone was tied with rubber band to prevent it broken parts from falling apart. Angel saw the phone and shook her head. Jewel gave Angel his number and she typed it into her phone.

"I will call you" Angel said.

"okay" Jewel responded.

Angel hugged him tightly again.

"see you later" she said.

she turned and left the restroom. Jewel stared continuously at the door.

Steven sat in his office, going through some documents. His door suddenly opened and Jewel entered. Jewel walked to the visitor's seat and sat down. He stared silently into air.

"who is that lady? I saw the way you looked at her. She must be very important to you." Steven said.

"yes, she is very important. she would have been my girlfriend if I didn't get expelled from school. We lost contact when I traveled abroad to complete my study." Jewel responded.

"is that why you almost ruined your plan. If I didn't intervene when I did, I'm sure that lady would have known you are not a cleaner. You need to stay focus." Steven said.

"you don't need to worry yourself. Angel is not included in the plan. she is a very nice lady and I trust her. I don't plan of keeping my real identity a secret from her" Jewel responded.

"Jewel, how can you say that. This plan is working very fine, and no one should be exempted from it" Steven said.

"I know Angel, and I trust her. She is not like other ladies" Jewel responded.

"you knew her 7years ago, but you really don't know her now. 7years is enough time for someone to change. She is a human too. people change. The lady you knew 7years ago might not be the same lady you met today. If you think she's trustworthy, then let her prove it. don't exempt her from the plan." Steven said.

"okay, if you say so, but I promise you that she won't disappoint me. I trust her a lot" Jewel responded.

"I hope you have enough superglue to mend your heart when she finally breaks it" Steven joked and they both laughed.

7 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by donweasley(m): 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2018
Thank Gawd,,,,nice one Infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2018
You're truly a gem infant. Keep it up.
Re: When Love Speaks by horlah005: 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
I feel really good reading this.
I keep refreshing this page in hoping to see whether there is latest update. I know it wasn't easy but please try to adjust your schedule. Make ur readers knows that you have them in ur heart. You would have been a major contender in that 5k reward had it being you were always punctual with ur post.

To say this story line is amazing is an understatement, I can't find an actual word to qualifies it.

Kudos bruv

4 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by JiffJim: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2018
Jewel please open up your team identity to Angel, don't allow Stephen to confuse you.

Thank for the update infant. please try and hasten up the update
Re: When Love Speaks by JiffJim: 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2018
JiffJim:
Jewel please open up your team identity to Angel, don't allow Stephen to confuse you.

Thank for the update infant. please try and hasten up the update

true identity I mean
Re: When Love Speaks by kayode69(m): 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2018
Kudos to u...keep it coming bro
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
Thanks infant
Re: When Love Speaks by Arom21(f): 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2018
Thank you for the update.
The story is worth waiting for
Re: When Love Speaks by Mtsani00243(m): 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2018
I'm totally impressed by this episode.
By the way infant you are very nice guy keep it up.
Re: When Love Speaks by Tobennz(m): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2018
Infant plz i nid ur reply, do u have d complete story? I nid a reply asap
Re: When Love Speaks by devilmaycry1(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2018
Wow
Re: When Love Speaks by PIUS2018: 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2018
Wahooooooo!!!!!!!!!! SUPER, tnks dear 4 d update.
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2018
Thanks for the update OP
Re: When Love Speaks by YINKS89(m): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
moreeeeee

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 9:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
Finally. Nice one infant. Angel no fall my hand o.
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
Tobennz:
Infant plz i nid ur reply, do u have d complete story? I nid a reply asap
I haven't completed the story. I don't even have any of the episode saved somewhere, except for the ones I have already posted. Every episode is freshly written. I post each episode immediately I finish typing it. That's why the updates are not coming frequently, because some time I would be very busy and won't have the chance to type. You will have to bear with me, until I find a better way to make the update frequent. You can read my other story 'Life Of A Shy Guy' if you haven't, while you wait for the next episode.
https://www.nairaland.com/4222866/life-shy-guy

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by kzea4real(m): 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2018
Love this episode and thanks for the update.
Kudos Infant. The Lord is ur strength.
Re: When Love Speaks by Rider01(m): 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2018
more please..
Re: When Love Speaks by Juniorangel(m): 12:30am On Nov 09, 2018
Nice one infant... Pls update regularly biko
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 4:16am On Nov 09, 2018
Thanks for updating infant
Re: When Love Speaks by ADAMXMAR: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2018
this episode is breathtaking..Infant pls update me d moment post d next update..Bravo
Re: When Love Speaks by Tobennz(m): 9:06am On Nov 09, 2018
infant:
I haven't completed the story. I don't even have any of the episode saved somewhere, except for the ones I have already posted. Every episode is freshly written. I post each episode immediately I finish typing it. That's why the updates are not coming frequently, because some time I would be very busy and won't have the chance to type. You will have to bear with me, until I find a better way to make the update frequent. You can read my other story 'Life Of A Shy Guy' if you haven't, while you wait for the next episode.
no probs bro, now i understand u, ts just dat d suspense is killing... Plz update be4 i will tell my great grand father for u oo... Kudos
Re: When Love Speaks by JiffJim: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2018
infant:

understood bro. you are a genius. more Greece to ur elbow. this story could be movie script.
Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
I was reading with tears in my eyes. Such a wonderful reunion. Thanks infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by Ebigbola(f): 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2018
I don refresh no be small
Re: When Love Speaks by horlah005: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2018
Ebigbola:
I don refresh no be small
Me too ooo. I con dey check every nano seconds

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Komu1048(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Mrmezico(m): 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2018
Can't wait for more of this beautiful story.....I'm suspecting Steven to join the chorus as one of Angel's admirers... More pls Infant
Re: When Love Speaks by Ebigbola(f): 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
horlah005:

Me too ooo. I con dey check every nano seconds

Lol shai see wetn Infant do us.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.