Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:46 PM

When Love Speaks - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (421685 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 11:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
Episode 40

Angel opened the door to her room and entered. She was just returning from work. She dropped her handbag on her bed and went into the bathroom to freshen up. She emerged from the bathroom minutes later. She changed into a different dress. She prepared herself for her outing with Jewel. She had already made arrangement in a restuarant. All that was left was for her to call Jewel and tell him to meet her there. She sat on her bed and put on her shoe. She applied red lipstick on her lips, to match the red gown she was wearing. She took her mirror and looked at her reflection.

"Jewel" She said and smiled at her reflection on the mirror.

She was already set. She dropped the mirror and picked up her phone. She dialed Jewel's number and placed the phone on her ear.

'the number you have dialed is not available at the moment. please try again later" That was the response she got.

She dialed the number again but got same response. She stared at her phone.

"Jewel, what's wrong? why is your number not going through?" she asked.

She dialed the number again but got same response. After many attempt of trying to reach Jewel without success, she finally gave up. She dropped her phone and lay on her bed. She stared sadly at the ceiling and sighed.

"so, what should I do now? How else can I get to meet him" she said.

She rolled from one side on her bed to the other in frustration.

It was a new day at work. Angel resumed very early to complete the work she couldn't complete the previous day. She sat behind her desk in her office, going through some files. A knock sounded on her door, and the door opened almost immediately. Mr James entered the office, holding a file. He went straight to meet Angel.

"I'm going to Edward Empire right now to submit this file." Mr James said.

"why?" Angel asked.

"are you asking me? were you not there with me when he told us to bring this file today. Why are you now asking me why" Mr James said.
"Don't tell me your mind was somewhere else, while we were trying to secure a contract. No wonder you didn't contribute anything."

Angel stood up from her seat immediately.

"let me take the file to Edward Empire instead. I know you are very busy, and you have a lot to do. I really don't have much to do today" Angel suggested.

"okay, if you say so." Mr James responded and handed the file to Angel.

"let me start going then" Angel said.

"okay" Mr James responded.

They turned and left the office together.

It was a new day at Edward Empire. All the cleaning staff were already doing their morning duties. Jewel was also seen cleaning his usual spot. Henry walked into the building few minutes later. He saw Jewel cleaning the floor, but ignored him. He walked straight to the elevator and entered. Jewel stared at him until he entered the elevator.

"Just continue ignoring me for now. I'm very sure you will still pay for your sins" Jewel said.

Steven sat behind his desk in his office, going through some documents. A knock sounded on his door.

"come in" He said without taking his gaze off the document.

The door opened and Ella walked in.

"sir, you sent for me" Ella said.

Steven looked up from the documents.

"yes, have your seat" Steven said.

"thank you sir" Ella responded and sat down.

"apart from cleaning, what else can you do?" Steven asked.

"sir" Ella said.

She didn't really understand Steven's question.

"I mean what other qualification do you have?" Steven asked.

"I'm a graduate sir. I studied business administration sir" Ella responded.

Steven brought out an envelope and gave to Ella.

"That's your employment letter. You are now employed to the management team. You will no longer be working as a cleaner" Steven said.

Ella stared at Steven in shock. She didn't understand what Steven was talking about. It was not as if she applied for a post in the company. She didn't even submit her credentials to the company, and there she was being offered a job she didn't apply for. How could that be possible.

"sir, are you sure you are not mistaking? I didn't apply for a new position. I didn't even submit my credentials to the company" Ella said.

"I know you didn't apply for a new position. I have seen how dedicated you are to your work. So, I thought you will be more useful if you work in the management team. You can give me your credentials later" Steven said.

"really sir! Thank you very much sir" she said, happily.

She knelt down immediately.

"God bless you sir. God will surely reward you sir. I'm very grateful sir. Thank you very much sir. I will never let you down. You don't know what this means to me. After how many years. I finally got a nice job. This is my best news. Thank you so so much sir" Ella said, almost tearing up.

"you can get up now" Steven said.

"thank you sir" Ella responded and stood up.
"when should I get my credentials sir"

"you can go and get it now" Steven responded.

"really sir! you mean I can abandon my work and go get my credentials" Ella said.

"you are no more a cleaner. so, you are not abandoning any work. Go get your credentials and resume work immediately" Steven responded.

"wow! okay sir, I'm heading straight home now to get my credentials. Thank you very much sir" she said and ran out of the office, happily.

Jewel was still seen cleaning the area assigned to him. The entrance door opened and Angel walked into the building. She saw Jewel cleaning the floor when she entered the building.

"Jewel!" She called, happily.

Jewel turned to see her standing few steps behind him. She was smiling broadly. She felt like giving Jewel a hug, but just had to comport herself. She walked to meet Jewel.

"what happened? I tried your number all through last night but it was not going through" Angel said.

"my phone charging port has fault. whenever I want to charge it, I will have to remove the battery from the phone to charge the battery separately. Maybe you called when I was charging the battery" Jewel responded.

"I was very worried" Angel said.

"I'm very sorry for making you worry" Jewel responded.

"tell me your house address let me pay you a visit after work. I think it will be better that way. so that I can know where you live" Angel said.

Jewel's eyes widen in shock when Angel said that. The only address he has was his grandpa's mansion, because that's where he lives. Giving Angel that address would reveal all his secrets.

"I really don't know the name of my street because I just moved there last week. I will send the address to you as text message when I get home" Jewel responded.

"okay, please do. I want to pay you a visit at your house" Angel said.

"Jewel!!!!" someone screamed Jewel's name.

He turned to see Ella standing few steps away from him. She was smiling broadly. She ran to meet Jewel and immediately hugged him. She hugged him tightly. After a while, she freed him and stared into his eyes.

"Jewel, I'm so happy right now. you won't believe the great news I just receive. you are amazing. I'm very fortunate to have met you. It was just after I spoke to you that I got this great news" Ella said.

Angel stood still watching the both of them.

"Jewel, I have to rush back home now. I will explain everything to you when I return" she said.

She turned and left the building happily, without even noticing the presence of Angel.

Angel turned to face Jewel when Ella had left.

"your girlfriend is beautiful" Angel said.

"she is not my girlfriend. She is just my colleague." Jewel responded.

"the both of you must be very close" Angel said.

"we are not that close" Jewel responded.

"you must be very special to her. That's why she hugged you tightly" Angel said.

"I don't think so. we just knew each other recently." Jewel responded.

Henry emerged from the elevator, while Angel and Jewel were still discussing. He saw Angel and froze, but Angel didn't see him.

"is that not Angel? what is she doing here? What a surprise. I never expected to see her here. let me greet her. I know she will be surprised to see me too" he said and walked closer to her.

"Angel!" Henry called, happily.

Angel turned to see Henry standing few steps away from her.

'what is this devil doing here' she thought.
'so, he is even working in the same company with Jewel. I'm sure he will be happy to see Jewel working as a cleaner. Devil in human form. If not for you, Jewel would have attained great height. You just ruined his future and made him a cleaner.' Angel thought.

"Angel, wow! is this really you? long time. you now look even more beautiful. how are you? how is everything? when did you return to the country?" Henry asked, happily.

Angel stared at him for a while, then hissed. She turned to face Jewel, completely ignoring Henry.

"what were we discussing, before the interruption?" Angel asked.

Henry stared at her with tearing eyes. Angel's reaction hurt his heart. He was really pained. He couldn't believe that her coursemate who he had not seen for 3years could completely ignored him when he only tried to be nice. He was so pained that his heart was pounding. He needed someone to transfer his aggression to, or his heart might just explode. He turned to face Jewel.

"why has my office not been swept this morning?" Henry asked angrily, even though the office had already been swept.

"I don't know. I'm not the one assigned to clean your office." Jewel responded.

"who cares whether you are assigned there or not. Will you go into my office right now and clean it up, you foolish idiot with no ambition. I'm telling you to clean my office and you opened your lousy mouth to tell me you are not assigned there. What else can someone with no future like you do, if not to clean the whole building" Henry barked.

No a normal day, Henry wouldn't have said all that to Jewel. He just had to say it, to see if it would ease his pain.

"by the time I get to my office and you are not there, you will see what will happen to you" Henry continued.

He turned and walked out on them.

Angel stared angrily at the retreating figure of Henry. She was almost tearing up.

"This is the highest I can take. I can't take this anymore. I can't continue seeing such nonsense. my head might just explode if I keep seeing this" she said and turned to face Jewel.
"you are leaving this place with me today. you can't keep working in a place were you are treated like a slave. once I drop the file I came here to submit, you will leave with me"

"but what will I be doing if I leave this place?" Jewel asked.

"you can always get another job" Angel responded.

"there are no job out there. I know how I suffered before I got this job" Jewel said.

"It's better you don't have job, than to work in this place. Jewel, you are special. you deserve more than this" Angel said.

"but how am I going to survive when I don't have job?" Jewel asked.

"we will talk about that later. Just know that you are leaving this place with me once I drop the file. Just wait for me here" Angel said and left Jewel to drop the file she was holding.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by Funstel: 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2018
first to comment., awwww you're so good.. nice work
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 12:04am On Nov 10, 2018
Gengen!!
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 12:05am On Nov 10, 2018
Nice update.........thanks man
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 10, 2018
I dey gbadun you bro
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 12:34am On Nov 10, 2018
Angel, a lady with a good heart. Good one infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by wike54(m): 12:52am On Nov 10, 2018
nice update
Re: When Love Speaks by PIUS2018: 12:59am On Nov 10, 2018
Wat an episode, so so interesting. Tnks for d update.
Re: When Love Speaks by olumydey(m): 1:01am On Nov 10, 2018
Waoh... Nice one..... Angel is still in love with Jewel... Nice one
Re: When Love Speaks by clement112: 4:41am On Nov 10, 2018
I gbadun your story line eko gbigbona Pelu milki olope ati peak choco. ww
Re: When Love Speaks by Ebigbola(f): 5:21am On Nov 10, 2018
Oliver Twist that is what I am lol. Good job Bruh
Re: When Love Speaks by Adebayow222(m): 6:18am On Nov 10, 2018
I dey. Fell u bro
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 6:41am On Nov 10, 2018
Well done OP
Re: When Love Speaks by Arom21(f): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2018
Infant, well-done...
Re: When Love Speaks by censeakay(m): 7:32am On Nov 10, 2018
Nice bro
Re: When Love Speaks by Harzeezh123: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2018
u ar uncompareable in writing more blessings shower on u nice work update pls
Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2018
Angel Na real Angel her characters say it all. Infant u are the man . Thanks for the update.
Re: When Love Speaks by ADAMXMAR: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2018
This is great an episode..infant kudos to u.
Re: When Love Speaks by ADAMXMAR: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2018
Nothing shud stop dis two 4rm getting married abeg..dats d only joy i wil derive
Re: When Love Speaks by Adigun924: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2018
Infant I salute you ooo but you dey dull person abeg update more sharpaly sharpaly
Re: When Love Speaks by makuazini(m): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
Infant baba.. I love ur story... Ride on bro and please update us sharp sharp... Iwotago
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hmmmmmm, Henry never know anything,,

OP tanks for the update,, plz comma continue ooooooooooooo
Re: When Love Speaks by kzea4real(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nice episode and thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by JiffJim: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
I pity Henry. I see him losing his job.... Time for Jewel to reveal is true Identity to Angel.
nice Job infant# u too much
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2018
Infand am glued here. In fact na here I go put my bed... I don't book 3 plot for here...
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
ADAMXMAR:
Nothing shud stop dis two 4rm getting married abeg..dats d only joy i wil derive
No stopping in this one oh.. Anyone who dear it.. Just like Yoruba provab that say that any bird that behave like igun will end up in the back of stove...

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
aprilwise:
Angel Na real Angel her characters say it all. Infant u are the man . Thanks for the update.
That's a true woman.. Not fake p*n*s that can't stand when e see real thing.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2018
Episode 41

Angel emerged from the elevator few minutes after going to submit her file. She saw Jewel still waiting for her at the same spot and went to meet him.

"I'm done. Let's start leaving." she said and held Jewel's hand.

"Angel, I really appreciate your concern. I'm truly grateful, but I can't leave now. if I leave now, I will be the one at loss. The month is almost coming to an end, and I need to get my salary. if I leave now, all my work for this month will be in vein. Let me stay for now and get this month salary, then I will leave" Jewel said.

Angel thought for a while.

"okay, you can stay for just this month, but once you get your salary, you will leave this place" Angel said.

"yes" Jewel responded.

"okay, I will take my leave now, but make sure you send me you house address immediately you get home. don't forget. I want to pay you a visit today after work." Angel said.

"I won't forget" Jewel responded.

"okay, see you later" Angel said.

"see you too" Jewel responded.

Angel turned and left the building.

Steven sat behind his desk in his office, going through the file Angel submitted to him some minutes ago. The door opened and Jewel walked in. He went straight to the visitor's seat and sat down.

"Angel said she want to pay me a visit today at my place. What am I suppose to do now, knowing fully well that I stay with my grandpa in his mansion." Jewel said.

"really! did she say that? did she say she wants to visit you at your place?" Steven asked.

"yes, and I don't know what to do" Jewel responded.

"we have to look for a place for you immediately" Steven said.

"how are we going to do that within this short time?" Jewel asked.

"you don't have to worry yourself about that. I will take care of it." Steven responded.
"let's go and start making preparation immediately"

Steven stood up from his seat and they both left his office immediately.

Steven's car pulled to a stop in front of an abandon building, in a remote area. The whole place in the area was littered with trash. The streets were very narrow and lot of abandoned houses were seen around. The few houses that had occupants in it, were already very old. The whole place stank. Jewel and Steven alighted from the car. Jewel stared at the place in disgust.

"what are we doing here?" Jewel asked.

"I find a place for you to stay here. This is where Angel will be visiting you" Steven responded.

"what!" Jewel exclaimed.
"why will you bring me to this kind of place to stay? do you want me to die before my time?"

"it's just for today" Steven responded.

"Of all places in the world, why must it be in such a place. This place is not conducive for human being to live in. I wonder how people survive in this kind of place." Jewel said.

"You have to stay here, so that this plan can be more effective. I thought you said Angel is trustworthy. Let her prove it today. I'm sure that by the time she gets here and see that you live in such a place, she will turn back and leave immediately without bothering to know your actual house." Steven responded.

"so where is the exact house?" Jewel asked.

"we still have to trek some distance. I stopped here because the road that leads there is inaccessible for vehicles." Steven responded.

"let's go and see the house then" Jewel said and walked ahead.

"okay" responded.

After trekking for about 30minutes, Jewel an Steven finally got to their destination. They stood still, staring at a building which was almost situated in a forest.

"don't tell me this is the place" Jewel said.

"yes, this is the place." Steven responded.

"how will you expect someone to visit me in this kind of place. I wouldn't visit someone in such a place if I'm in her position. once I get to the area and see how disgusting it looks, I will just turn and leave immediately" Jewel said.

"if she cares about you, she won't leave. she will make sure she locates your house. Now send her the address as a text message, and switch off your phone immediately, so that she won't call to give you excuses of why she couldn't make it" Steven said.

"what are you trying to achieve by doing all these?" Jewel asked.

"I'm just trying to make sure you don't make the same mistake you made back then that almost ruined your future." Steven responded.

Jewel brought out his phone and sent Angel a text message.

Angel sat on her bed, waiting for Jewel's message. She had already dressed up to leave. Her phone beep beside her on her bed. She took the phone and saw Jewel's text message.

"now we are set" she said

She stood up from her bed, carried her handbag and left her room.

Jewel and Steven sat on a mat, in the room Steven got for Jewel. There were no properties in the room, except for a cupboard seen beside the wall. They were no form of electricity in the room. They sat quietly on the mat waiting for Angel to arrive. They had been waiting there for 3hours already.

"I told you. she won't come. she must have turned back and left when she saw how disgusting the area is." Steven said.

"why won't she leave. Do you expect her to visit me in this kind of place. This area is not safe for her. This is not a test. I wouldn't have passed such test myself. I would never visit someone in such a place." Jewel responded.

"let's start leaving then." Steven said.

"yes, let's leave. I might just fall sick if I spend anymore time here" Jewel responded.

They stood up to leave. A knock sounded on the door immediately they took their first step. They paused and stared at the door.

"that should be her" Jewel said.

"I think so" Steven responded.
"she shouldn't see me here. let me hide"

Steven quickly hid inside the cupboard in the room. Jewel walked to the door. He opened it to see Angel standing there. She was holding 2bags which contain the stuff she bought.

"you came" Jewel said, happily.

"yes of course" Angel responded.

"please come in" Jewel said.

"thank" Angel responded and entered the room.

She stared at every corner of the room.

"please have a seat" Jewel said, pointing to the mat on the floor.

Angel dropped her bags and sat on the mat. Jewel sat down beside her.

"the roads here are very bad. I parked my car very far from here and trekked all the way here" Angel said.

"that's how it is" Jewel responded.

"but why will you look for a house in this kind of place?" Angel asked.

"that's because house rent is cheaper here" Jewel responded.

"I bought foodstuffs on my way here. I thought you will have a place where I can cook. but it seems there is none. You will have to follow me back to my place so that I can cook for you." Angel said.

"really"

"yes" Angel responded.

"when should we go?" Jewel asked.

"right now" Angel responded.

"then let's start going. I'm ready." Jewel said.

Jewel stood up, carried Angel's bags and left the room with her, without even bothering if Steven was still hiding in the cupboard.

Angel opened the door to her sitting room and entered with Jewel.

"welcome to my home" Angel said.

Jewel fixed his gaze on the interior designs of the sitting room.

"you have a very nice home" Jewel said.

"thank you" Angel responded.
"please have a seat"

"thank you" Jewel responded and sat down on the sofa.

Angel picked up the t.v remote from the table and switched on the t.v.

"please give me a minute" she said and went into the kitchen.

She emerged from the kitchen minutes later with a glass of juice and biscuits. She dropped it on the table.

"keep yourself busy with this while I prepare dinner" She said.

"okay, thanks" Jewel responded.

Angel turned and went into the kitchen to prepare dinner, while Jewel fixed his gaze on the t.v.

Angel emerged from the kitchen few minutes later. She set the dining for dinner. When she was done, she went to meet Jewel.

"dinner is ready. please come to the dining" Angel said.

"okay, thanks" Jewel responded and headed straight to the dining.

He sat down and Angel served him the food.

"thank you" he said.

He took a spoon full into his mouth. He paused immediately he tasted the food. Angel noticed the look on his face.

"don't you like the food?" Angel asked.

Jewel turned to face her.

"Angel, this food is very delicious. you are an amazing cook. It's been long I tasted food as delicious as this. That was 7years ago when I was still staying with my parent, before I traveled to the U.S." Jewel said.

"you traveled to the U.S, when?" Angel asked, curiously, as she didn't understand what Jewel just said.

Jewel froze immediately, when he realized he had said something he shouldn't have said.

6 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by Chizim1: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
Oga infant na u dey lead ooo thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nice one bro.. Pls this guy need recommendations oh.. Anybody here with better connection can uplift our own #infant. He's doing a great job with his knowledge.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
Infant come here ohhh.. Jewel have mentions US oh..
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Haaaa..........this one that Jewel has mentioned US bayii, what will happen next

Thanks bro, more wisdom

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (62) (Reply)

Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.