Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

When Love Speaks - Literature (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (411909 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by PrudySara(f): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
Haaaa! Steven o!
See the way he just exposed everything... Knowing fully well that Jewel begged him not to reveal anything about Angel..
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
Episode 77

Angel sat in her sitting room, watching a programme on t.v. The programme seemed very interesting to her, because all her attention was focused on the t.v. A knock suddenly sounded on her door.

"Jewel" she called and immediately turned her direction to the door.

She stood up immediately and rushed to open the door for Jewel, with smiles on her face. The smile on her face disappeared when she opened the door and saw Chairman Edward standing at the door. She stared silently at him. She didn't know who he was. Chairman Edward stared back at her. After a while of silence, Angel spoke.

"hello sir, how may I help you?"she asked.

"you are miss Angel Owen, right" Chairman Edward said.

"yes, I am" Angel responded.

"okay, miss Owen, I'm Chairman Edward, Jewel's grandpa" Chairman Edward said.

"wow! you don't mean it sir" Angel said, happily.
"I'm very sorry for not recognizing you immediately sir. Please come in sir." she said and gave way for him to enter.

"thank you" Chairman Edward responded and walked in.

"please have a seat, sir" Angel said, pointing at the sofa.

"thank you" Chairman Edward responded and sat down.

"welcome to my apartment sir. What can I offer you sir?" Angel asked.

Chairman Edward didn't respond. Instead, he observed every corner of the sitting room.

"I know exactly what to offer you. Please give me a minute" Angel said and rushed to her kitchen.

She brought out her phone from her pocket and dialed Jewel's number, when she got to her kitchen.

Jewel picked up after the second beep.

"my Angel" Jewel's voice sounded at the other end.

"my Jewel, you didn't tell me that you have already told your grandpa about me. He is already here in my house" Angel said.

"my grandpa is there with you" Jewel exclaimed.

"yes, chairman Edward is here" Angel responded.

"I'm on my way" Jewel said and ended the call abruptly.

Angel stared at her phone screen, confused. She didn't understand why Jewel ended the call abruptly. After staring at her phone screen for a while, She carried a glass of juice in a tray and walked back to the sitting room.

Jewel rushed into his room to get his car key once he ended the call with Angel. He couldn't believe what he just heard. His grandpa is at Angel's house. That's a very big disaster. How did he know who Angel is? How did he know where she lives? So many questions were on his mind. He took his car key and rushed out of the building. He went straight to where his car was parked in the compound and entered it. He started the car and drove out of the compound immediately. All through the drive to Angel's apartment, he was unsettled. The kept thinking of what might be going on at Angel's apartment at the moment. What would his grandpa be doing to Angel. What could he be saying to her. He drove faster than normal to get there on time. After a long drive, he finally got to Angel's apartment. He parked his car outside the compound and alighted immediately. He entered the compound and rushed towards Angel's flat. He pushed the door open and stomped into the sitting room. He paused halfway when he saw his grandpa and Angel sitting on the sofas. They were having a conversation. Jewel's sudden appearance distracted them. They turned to face him. He stared silently at them, sweating profusely. He wasn't expecting to meet them that way. He was expecting to meet them in a heated argument.

"my Jewel, you are here" Angel said and stood up.

Chairman Edward stood up also.

"Jewel, I didn't expect to see you here, but since you are here, you can keep her company. I'm about to leave" Chairman Edward said.

"sir, you are leaving already" Angel said.

"yes, I have some other things to do" Chairman Edward responded.

"okay sir, thanks very much for visiting me. I truly appreciate it" Angel said.

"see you some other time" Chairman Edward said.

"okay sir" Angel responded.

Chairman Edward walked to meet Jewel who was just staring like a lost sheep and patted his shoulder.

"see you at home" Chairman Edward said.

Jewel didn't respond. He knew his grandpa was up to something, but he just didn't know what it was.

Chairman Edward turned and left the sitting room. Jewel went to hug Angel immediately. He freed her and stared into her eyes.

"what did my grandpa do to you?" Jewel asked, anxiously.

"nothing, he came to know who his grandson is dating. Your grandpa is such a nice man" Angel responded.

"oh! I see" Jewel said, not wanting to stress the issue.

"but why do you look unsettled when you came in? you were sweating profusely." Angel said.

"oh that. I wanted to be the one to introduce my grandpa to you, that was why I was rushing here, but it seemed you guys already introduced each other before I got here" Jewel responded.

"yes, we did. Your grandpa is such a nice man" Angel said.

"it seems so" Jewel responded.

"come and have your seat, let me get you something to drink" Angel said.

"okay" Jewel responded and went to sit on the sofa.

Angel walked to the kitchen to get Jewel something to drink, while Jewel fixed his gaze on the programme being displaced on t.v.

Ella sat in her office, browsing through some files on her computer. The intercom on her desk rang and she picked it up immediately.

"hello sir" she said.

"come to my office now" Steven's voice sounded at the other end.

"okay sir" Ella responded.

She stood up and left her office immediately. She headed straight to Steven office and knocked on the door once she got there.

"come in" she heard from within.

She opened the door and entered to see Steven sitting behind his desk.

"sir, you sent for me" she said

Steven stretched a file to her and she collected it.

"go through that file and report back to me" Steven said.

"okay sir" Ella responded and turned to leave.

"Ella" Steven called.

Ella stopped and turned to face Steven.

"sir" she responded.

"I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you the other day. I was in a bad mood, that was why" Steven apologized.

"okay sir, I understand" Ella responded.

"you can bring me lunch whenever you like. Or better still, let me buy you lunch during lunch break. I want to make it up to you" Steven said.

"sir, you don't need to make it up to me. I'm not really angry. I knew you did what you did because you were in a bad mood" Ella responded.

"but still I shouldn't have transferred my anger to you." Steven said.

"it alright sir" Ella said.

"but you are still going for lunch with me during lunch break" Steven said.

"sir, I won't be going out for lunch. I brought my lunch from home" Ella responded.

"let's do dinner then. Dinner with me after work. No excuses" Steven said.

Ella thought for a while.

"okay sir" she responded.

"good. You can go and continue with your work" Steven said.

"okay sir." Ella responded.

She turned and left the office, while Steven busied himself with work.

It's been over an hour since Jewel left Angel's apartment. Angel lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She was smiling broadly. She was happy that she had finally met Jewel's grandpa, and he seemed to be a nice man. Her phone suddenly started ringing beside her on the bed. She took it from the bed and saw that the call was from Jessica. She answered the call immediately.

"hello Jessica, how are you?" Angel asked.

"I'm fine and you?" Jessica asked.

"I'm fine too" Angel responded.

"Angel, what are you going to do about the issue on ground now?" Jessica asked.

"what issue?" Angel asked.

"I'm talking about the marriage that Jewel and Lucy's parents had arranged for them" Jessica responded.

"which Jewel, and which Lucy?" Angel asked, confused.

"your boyfriend, Jewel and my cousin, Lucy's marriage" Jessica responded.

"what marriage are you talking about?" Angel asked, confused.

"wait, has Jewel not told you about it?" Jessica asked.

"Jewel didn't say anything to me" Angel responded.

Jessica suddenly wished she didn't inform Angel about it, when she realized Jewel hasn't told her either. She didn't want to be the one to reveal that to her.

"Jessica tell me, what marriage are you talking about?" Angel asked, curiously.

4 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by TheVerdict: 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
I read it first...yipee
Re: When Love Speaks by TheVerdict: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Infant...thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by tyreal(f): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Thanks for the update...longer throat is doin me
Re: When Love Speaks by CaptainSelfless(m): 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2019
Oh no.... why.....Grandpa z surely having a trick up his sleeves
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
This Jewel self. He should have explained everything to Angel before she got to know via Jessica. Thanks for the update infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
Thanks for the update
Angel!! cry
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Oladaps15(m): 8:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
Thanks for the update OP
Re: When Love Speaks by Slimgenius(f): 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2019
Infant thanks for d update!!
What i know is that jewel and angel will end up together last last but before then, love must speak
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jewel suppose do reason Angel shaperly sharperly na.

OP tanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Kaycee9242(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
it's high time we started flogging this jewel, why did he choose to be stupid always. op well done jaree
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
skubido:
Jewel suppose do reason Angel shaperly sharperly na.

No mind am, he dey do like akamu wey don cold
Re: When Love Speaks by Eberechi24(f): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
cho cho cho, who told that talkative to talk eh? all this akporoko friends don tire me
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jessica who sent thou

What's Grandpa up to now?
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 5:29am On Jan 27, 2019
Thanks for the update
Bt Jewel should hv told Angel about it nw
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 7:02am On Jan 27, 2019
Ann2012:

Ayemii ooo mogbe,, sist abeg i no fit laugh jhor

Happy last Sunday to you all
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2019
TheVerdict:
I read it first...yipee
After a lot have read before you
Re: When Love Speaks by decent101(m): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2019
Ann2012:

na lethergy dey wory him na

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 10:42am On Jan 27, 2019
skubido:

Ayemii ooo mogbe,, sist abeg i no fit laugh jhor

Happy last Sunday to you all

Happy Sunday Bro
Re: When Love Speaks by edsel: 12:25am On Jan 28, 2019
Very interesting plese update asap
Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2019
When you can't open up to your spouse & you claim to love him/her, its baffling.
Jewel should have explained everything in details to Angel.
""" finding out the truth about someone you love hurts more than anything """
Re: When Love Speaks by PrudySara(f): 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Nawa o.. Jessica who send you??
Re: When Love Speaks by kdavid07(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2019
Amebo Jessica. Na so them dey
Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Jessica !!! News carrier !!

Re: When Love Speaks by ikbaba(m): 7:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
kdavid07:
Amebo Jessica. Na so them dey
No b jessica fault
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
Episode 78

Jessica suddenly wished she didn't inform Angel about it, when she realized Jewel hasn't told her either. She didn't want to be the one to reveal that to her.

"Jessica tell me, what marriage are you talking about?" Angel asked, curiously.

Jessica paused for a while before responding.

"Angel, you see. I won't like to be the one to tell you this. You should ask Jewel. He should be the one to tell you everything" Jessica responded.

"I don't understand what you are talking about." Angel said.

"I will call you later" Jessica said and ended the call before Angel could say anything else.

Angel stared at her phone, confused. She didn't understand what Jessica was talking about. Jessica must be mistaken Jewel for someone else. It certainly can't be her own Jewel. It was just few hours ago that Jewel and his grandpa left her house and everything seemed fine. His grandpa seemed to like her already. So she didn't understand what Jessica was talking about. She must be talking about something else.

She stared at her phone for a while, then dialed Jewel's number. He picked up after the second beep.

"my Angel, are you missing me already? It hasn't been up to an hour that I left your house" Jewel's joked.

"even a minute without you is enough for me to start missing you" Angel responded.

"that's so sweet my Angel, but you know I miss you more. I just wish we could be together every single time" Jewel said.

"I wish so too." Angel responded.

"don't worry, my Angel. Very soon, our wishes will come to pass" Jewel said.

"my Jewel" Angel called.

"yes, my Angel" Jewel responded.

"is there something you want to tell me?" She asked.

Jewel pursed for a while, before responding.

"no, is there any problem?" Jewel asked.

"there's no problem. I just thought you might want to tell me something, but since you say nothing, don't bother." Angel responded.

"okay" Jewel said.

"I will talk to you later then" Angel said.

"okay, my love" Jewel responded.

Angel ended the call and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Jessica is really out of her mind. What nonsense was she saying." she said and dropped her phone on her bed.

Steven sat only at the far right of a restaurant, drinking from a glass of wine. He had been sitting there alone for over 2 hours. He was waiting for Ella. She promised to be there on time, but it has been over 2 hours and she was still not there. He had tried calling her number many times but it wasn't reachable. He was already tired of waiting for her. He picked up his phone again and dialed her number, but it was still not reachable.

"it seems Ella won't be coming anymore" he said.

He felt disappointed. If she wouldn't come, she should have at least inform him, instead of wasting his time at the restaurant.
He downed the remaining wine in his glass, dropped some thousands note on the table, stood up and left the restaurant angrily.

It was a new day. Angel stretched happily on her bed and sat up. She stood up from her bed and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. She emerged from her bathroom few minutes later and dressed up. She sat on her bed and put on her shoes.

"today is going to be a great day." she said.

Her first task for the day was to get some provisions from the market.

Just as she stood up from her bed, she heard a knock from the sitting room door.

"who could that be?" she mumbled.

She left her room and walked to the sitting room to see who was at the door. She got to the door and opened it to see a guy neatly dressed in suit standing at the door. He would pass for a body guard. Angel stared at him, puzzled.

"good morning" she greeted.

"good morning" he responded.

"how may I help you?" Angel asked.

"I'm sent by Chairman Edward" the guy responded.

"oh! Chairman Edward sent you. Please come in" Angel said.

"there will be no need for that" the guy responded.

"why?" Angel asked.

"you will have to come along with me. Chairman Edward wants to meet you" the guy said.

Angel stared at him suspiciously.

"how should I know that Chairman Edward sent you?" Angel asked.

"you can call him to confirm" the guy responded.

Angel brought out her phone and dialed Chairman Edward number. He picked up after the second beep.

"hello Angel" Chairman Edward's voice sounded at the other end

"Sir, there's a guy at my place. He said that you sent him to me. He said you want to meet me." Angel said.

"yes I want to meet you. You have to come with him" chairman Edward responded.

"okay sir. I'm coming with him right away" Angel said and ended the call.

"have you confirmed it?" the guy asked.

"yes, I'm going with you. Just give me a minute to prepare myself." Angel responded.

"okay" the guy said.

Angel went inside to prepare herself, while the guy waited outside. She emerged from her sitting room few minutes later.

"I'm set" she said.

"okay" the guy responded.

He led her to a car back in the compound and opened the door for her to enter.

"thank you" Angel said and entered the car.

The guy entered car also and drove out of the compound.

The restaurant was almost empty. Only the waiters working in the restaurant could be seen around. There were no customers in the restaurant, except for Chairman Edward sitting at the far left in the restaurant. A glass of wine was on his table, but he wasn't drinking. The restaurant door opened and Angel walked in, followed by the guy that brought her. They walked straight to meet Chairman Edward.

"good morning sir" Angel greeted.

"good morning. Please have a seat" Chairman Edward responded.

"thanks" Angel said and sat down.

Chairman Edward signaled the guy that brought Angel to leave and he left them immediately.

Chairman Edward turned to face Angel immediately the guy left.

"I'm a very busy man, so I will just go straight to the point." he said

He brought out a blank cheque and dropped it on the table. Angel stared at it, confused.

"what's this for, sir?" she asked.

"that's for you. Fill it with any amount you like" Chairman Edward responded.

"why sir?" Angel asked.

"that's your consolation. Jewel is getting married very soon, meaning your relationship with him has ended already." Chairman Edward responded bluntly, without any warning signs.

The statement hit Angel very hard, but she tried to remain calm.

"I don't get you sir" Angel said.

"what don't you understand? Jewel is getting married to a lady named Lucy very soon, and your presence will act as hindrance to their marriage. This money is for you. Take it and stay clear from Jewel." chairman Edward responded.

Angel stared at chairman Edward in shock. She couldn't believe her ears. Same chairman Edward that was nice to her the other day, was now acting strange to her. Her head was already hurting her. She couldn't think straight anymore. Those statements could make her depressed. That was the same thing Jessica told her when they spoke on phone. She told her that Jewel and Lucy are getting married. But how could Jewel and Lucy be getting married. That's certainly not possible. Jewel is her boyfriend. So which marriage are they talking about.

"Once we leave this place, I don't want to see you around Jewel anymore. He is engaged to be married and you shouldn't ruin that for him." chairman Edward continued.

"I'm sorry sir. I won't believe what anyone is saying to me until I hear it from Jewel. Jewel hasn't said anything about getting married. As far as I know, Jewel and I are still dating. Jewel loves me, just as much as I love him. He won't do anything to hurt me. So sir, I refused to believe what you are saying. As for the money, I'm sorry sir, I can't accept it. If Jewel ends up with someone else, the void he will leave in my heart is not what any amount of money can fill. My love for Jewel is priceless. It can't be bought. No matter how much. So sir, I think I will take my leave now, because it seems my presence is no longer needed here" she said, stood up and left the restaurant immediately without sparing Chairman Edward a second glance.

She left the restaurant totally devastated and weak, after hearing what Chairman Edward said, but she choose to act strong in front of him.

Once she was outside the restaurant, she brought out her phone and dialed Jewel's number with eyes filled with tears. He picked up after the second beep.

"hello, my Angel" Jewel's voice sounded at the other end.

"are you getting married to Lucy?" She asked directly, without any compliment.

"oh my God!" Jewel exclaimed.
"Who told you about this? My Angel, please let me explain"

Angel ended the call angrily, without allowing him to speak further. The tears which had already piled up in her eyes suddenly started flowing down. She dropped her phone back in her handbag and hurriedly left the premises.

5 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by NelCruz: 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Meh this story is touching my soul.... Jewel yaff f**k up..... Communication is important in any relationship

Infant baba. Abeg carry go
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
Till thy kingdom come, Jewel will never get sense. Your love is indeed priceless Angel. Nice one infant.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Oladaps15(m): 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
See this mumu jerk jewel, he should told angel be4 his grandfather does see wetin you cause
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
This is touching my heart

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.