Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

When Love Speaks - Literature (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (411776 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2019
This man called Edward is devil's personified. Nice update infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 2:53am On Feb 02, 2019
Thanks for the update infant
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 4:43am On Feb 02, 2019
Infant good jab
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 8:39am On Feb 02, 2019
Thanks for the update OP
Re: When Love Speaks by rukidanty: 9:49am On Feb 02, 2019
nice story .keep it up infant man
Re: When Love Speaks by kzea4real(m): 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Kaycee9242(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
nice one, op keep it up
Re: When Love Speaks by Gerardo88: 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2019
Show some love hbd 2 me, more updates infant
Re: When Love Speaks by kzea4real(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2019
HBD. Age with Grace. Amen

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Gerardo88: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2019
kzea4real:
HBD. Age with Grace. Amen
thank so much
Re: When Love Speaks by ADAMXMAR: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
Angel God almighty wil c u nd jewel through..No matter d intentions of d devil towards u wil surely perish..Edward ur end is coming
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
activist1on1:
me just dey enjoy d drama bt no worry, cos i can c dat Jewel is watchin dem
Ok dear, thanks for the assurance smiley
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
ADAMXMAR:
Angel God almighty wil c u nd jewel through..No matter d intentions of d devil towards u wil surely perish..Edward ur end is coming
RIP in advance to Edward

As old as he is, he is still wicked not minding his death is near grin
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
Gerardo88:
Show some love hbd 2 me, more updates infant
Happy birthday dear

2 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by Gerardo88: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
LightQueen:
Happy birthday dear
Thank u so much dear
Re: When Love Speaks by kolapobright26(m): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2019
I must confess that I love this story and hope it will end on a good note. Pls welcome me into your platform.....

I AM NEW HERE
Re: When Love Speaks by xeenoblack15: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
Finali i aff pursue ona catch, nice story ah must commend
(A.T.M BEHAVIOUR) ME: abeg is dix souloho19 updating on a steady Nairalander: yes ME: abeg na who b last person
Re: When Love Speaks by neurojosh(m): 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
Evold:
Mr Owen is such a coward. Giving out all the four signatures without a fight. We need kung-fu lessons on this thread.
lol i want to believe you're kidding. i mean what would be the essense of the "fight" if he'd later append his signature on the documents.. the only place he bleeped up was not reporting the incidence to the police immediately... good evening brother. f grin

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 11:36am On Feb 04, 2019
Episode 81

Steven sat in his office, browsing through some documents on his computer. A knock suddenly sounded on his door.

"come in" he said, without taking his gaze off his computer.

The door opened and Ella walked in holding a file.

"sir, these are the documents you asked me to bring" Ella said and showed him the file in her hand.

"drop it on the desk" Steven responded, without taking his gaze off the computer.

Ella dropped the documents on the desk and turned to leave, but stopped halfway. She walked back to meet him.

"sir!" she called.

"what is it?" Steven asked, and looked up from his computer.

"sir, I want to apologize for not......."

"just go back and continue your work. I don't need any explanation" Steven cut in.

"but sir, I was....."

"when I give instruction, you obey it. I said you should go back and continue your work. Or do you want to lose your job." Steven cut in again.

"I'm sorry sir" Ella apologized.

She turned and quietly left his office, while Steven continued with what he was doing.

Barrister James sat beside Chairman Edward at the face left in a restaurant. They seemed to be waiting for someone. The restaurant door opened and a man walked in. He observed everywhere first, then walked to meet chairman Edward.

"good afternoon chairman Edward" he greeted and sat opposite chairman Edward.

"good afternoon Mr Amos." chairman Edward responded.

"how did it go?" Mr Amos asked.

"everything went as planned" chairman Edward responded.

"so, what will happen to me now?" Mr Amos asked.

"I will take the documents to Sacz company, which will prove that you stole the company fund and framed Mr Owen for it." Chairman Edward responded.

"that means I will be going to prison" Mr Amos said.

"yes, but I will make sure that your jail term doesn't exceed one year." Chairman Edward responded.

"what about the money we agreed on" Mr Amos asked.

"don't worry, the 150 million naira will be deposited into your wife's account. It will be there waiting for you until you come out of prison" Chairman Edward responded.

"Sacz company will never take me back once I come out from jail. No other company will employ me. This will ruin my reputation" Mr Amos said.

"you don't need any company to employ you once you come out of jail. You will be 150million naira richer. You can start up your own business and become your own boss. If you still wish to work under a company when you come out from jail, my company is always there to employ you" chairman Edward responded.

"okay, I'm ready for it" Mr Amos said.

"we are good then. I'm taking the documents to Sacz company once we leave here, which will prove you are the real culprit" Chairman Edward said.

"okay" Mr Amos responded.

"let's start leaving then" chairman Edward said.

They all stood up and left the restaurant.

Angel lay on her bed staring sadly into air. It's been hours since chairman Edward left her house. She had been so devastated since he left. She had wept to the extent that she couldn't weep anymore. Her eyes were already swollen. Even though she was sad, she still believed she made the right decision.

Her phone suddenly started ringing beside her on the bed. She took it and saw that the call was from Jewel. She dropped the phone back on her bed. The phone continued ringing but she ignored it. After about 22 missed calls, she took the phone to switch it off, but realized that 5 of the missed calls was from her mum. She immediately dialed her mum's number and she picked after the second beep.

"hello Angel" Mrs Owen's voice sounded at the other end.

"mum" Angel called.

"Angel, the Lord is great. The Lord has done it" Mrs Owen said, happily.

"what's the good news, mum?" Angel asked.

"your father's name has been cleared. Someone from his company framed him." Mrs Owen responded, happily.

Angel smiled when he heard that. Finally, her dad is free.

"mum, I'm coming over right now" Angel said.

"okay" Mrs Owen responded.

Angel ended the call with smiles on her face. She stood up from her bed and left her room.

Angel rushed into the sitting room to see her mum and dad sitting on the sofas. They stood up immediately they saw her. She ran to meet her dad and embrace him.

"dad, I'm so happy that your name has been cleared." Angel said and sat down on the sofa.

"we give God the glory" Mr Owen responded and sat down also.

"so dad, who actually framed you?" Angel asked.

"my daughter, could you believe someone I called my friend actually framed me. I never believed Mr Amos could do that to me. We should be mindful of the kind of friends we keep" Mr Owen said.

"what will the company do to the real criminal now?" Angel asked.

"he will spend the rest of his life in prison" Mr Owen responded.

"that serves him right. I'm just so happy that your name has been cleared" Angel said.

"I'm very happy too" Mr Owen responded.

Angel's phone suddenly started ringing. She brought it out from her handbag and saw that it was a call from Jewel. She took a deep breath and answered the call.

"hello" she said.

"thank God that you finally picked up" Jewel said, at the other end.

"what do you want?" Angel asked.

"my Angel, I know you are very mad at me, but you can't keep avoiding me. These few days without you has been hell for me. Please my Angel, I have learned my lesson. I was wrong for keeping it a secret. I should have to you everything. Please my Angel, just give me the chance to explain myself. Just this one last chance, and I promise never to keep any secret from you again. Please my Angel" Jewel begged.

"where are you now?" Angel asked.

"I'm at home" Jewel responded.

"meet me at Sky City restaurant" Angel said.

"okay my Angel. Thank you very much. Thanks for giving me another chance. I promise, I will never mess up this time around. I will be at Sky City restaurant in no time" Jewel responded.

Angel ended the call and turned to face her parents.

"mum, dad, I need to leave now. There's something I need to go and take care of" Angel said.

"okay Angel" her parents responded in unison.

Angel stood up, carried her handbag and left the sitting room.

Angel sat at the far right in Sky City restaurant, staring sadly into air. She wasn't eating, neither was she drinking. She just fixed her gaze on a particular spot. After few minutes of sitting, the restaurant door opened and Jewel walked in. Angel wore a straight face immediately she saw him coming. Jewel walked straight to meet her and sat opposite her.

"my Angel, thanks for agreeing to meet me. Please let me explain" he said.

Angel didn't respond. She only fixed a steady gaze at him.

"first Angel, I must tell you that I was not aware of any marriage until my grandpa shocked me with the news some days ago. My only sin was not telling you about it when I found out" Jewel explained.

Angel continued staring silently at him.

"I didn't agree to marry anyone, and will never agree to marry anyone. You are the only one I love, and nothing will change that. Angel, believe me when I said I regret not telling you about it. You were eager to meet my grandpa then. How could I have told you that the grandpa you were eager to meet was already planning a marriage for me. I regretted not telling you. I'm very sorry my Angel. Please forgive me" Jewel apologized.

"Jewel!" Angel called, softly.

"yes, my Angel" Jewel responded.

"I called you here for a different reason, and not to listen to your explanation." Angel said.

"what is it, my Angel?" Jewel asked.

"I called you here to let you know that it is over between us." Angel said.

Jewel froze when he heard that. He knew Angel was angry with him, but he never expected her to say such.

"my Angel, I know you are angry, but don't allow your anger get the best of you. Don't say things you don't mean. I know you only said that because you are angry." Jewel responded.

"I mean what I'm saying" Angel said, with a straight face.

Jewel knelt down before her immediately and held her hands.

"my Angel, please don't do this. You are only letting your anger to get the best out of you. I know you love me just as much as I love you. Please don't do something you will later regret." Jewel said.

"no Jewel, I don't love you. I never did. I just agreed to be your girlfriend out of pity then, because I thought you were just a cleaner. Now that I know who you truly are, I thought I should tell you the truth." Angel said.

Jewel stared sadly at her. He never believed Angel could say such nonsense to her. He never believed Angel could tell him that she agreed to date him out of pity. He couldn't speak anymore. He had suddenly lost his voice. He continued staring sadly at her.
Angel too was hurting badly for saying such nonsense to Jewel, but she still managed to keep a straight face.

"so, since you already know the truth. I think I will take my leave now" Angel said and stood up.

She carried her handbag and walked to the door. Jewel stood up also and hurried to meet her. He held her hand from behind and turned her roughly to face him.

"so, you want me to believe the nonsense you just said. I don't know why you are saying all that, but I know you still love me. I can see it in your eyes. Angel, you are in love with me." Jewel said and fixed a steady gaze on her.

Angel stared back at him also. They stared silently at each other. Angel wished she could just hug him and tell him 'yes my Jewel, I'm still madly in love with you', but she knew she couldn't do that. It was already impossible for them to be together.

"Angel say it. Please tell me that you still love me" Jewel begged.

"why don't you get it. Okay, if you wish to know, I'm in love with someone else. I don't want to keep deceiving you. Look for someone else that will love you. Please don't ruin my relationship with my new boyfriend" Angel said.

She knew how hard it was for her to tell such lie, but she just had to do it so that Jewel would let her go. It was already impossible for them to be together.

Jewel couldn't respond. His heart was shattered when he heard such from Angel. He never imagine Angel could do such a thing to him. He only stared silently at her. He was heart broken.

"okay, since you now know why I'm ending this relationship with you, I will take my leave then" Angel continued.

Angel turned and walked to the door. Jewel stared sadly at her retreating figure until she left the restaurant. Angel knew very well that once she got home, she was going to cry her eyes out.

7 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
Jewel's greatest mistake was to hide the secret about the marriage proposal from Angel & we all scolded him for that, now its Angel's turn to lie & deceive Jewel with a lie "she said that she detest"
Love is like politics atimes """ it is not a do or die affair""" but sometimes we play the game in a dirty manner.
We've just got to embrace the possibility of departure, we meet to part & we part to meet.
There's no point hidden behind a broomstick that can't cover you.

You don't have to lie for someone you claimed to love, its going to be unfold one day & it will be Angel's turn to explain which might be too late.

Well done to Infant, I'm enjoying this like pop corn & soft drinks.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Juniorangel(m): 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
Infant na half plate be this ooo. Thanks for the update...
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by BlessedNiel: 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2019
O no!
Please no!
It hurts badly!
My heart is breaking!
I never expected it to end this way between Jewel and Angel!
Why won't LOVE last forever?
Why can't LOVE be blissful all through?
I wish to see them together again
I hope someday they'll sit down together and laugh with each other about this moment
I hope the troubles don't last for long.
I wish them the strength need to keep hope alive for the sake of each other
Take heart Jewel!
Be strong Angel!

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
I BELIEVE SOME BAD SOUL WILL COPY THIS SCRIPT WITHOUT REWARDING THE OP OF HIS EFFORT.
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
I never envisage rejection and enmity between Jewel and Angel from the outset of their relationship. So bad. Someone should please kidnap grandpa. Kudos infant.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by kzea4real(m): 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thanks for the update Oga infant
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
BlessedNiel:
O no!
Please no!
It hurts badly!
My heart is breaking!
I never expected it to end this way between Jewel and Angel!
Why won't LOVE last forever?
Why can't LOVE be blissful all through?
I wish to see them together again
I hope someday they'll sit down together and laugh with each other about this moment
I hope the troubles don't last for long.
I wish them the strength need to keep hope alive for the sake of each other
Take heart Jewel!
Be strong Angel!

We wish !
We hope !!
Be strong Jewel !!!

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Olusholasimon(m): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
Treasure17:
I never envisage rejection and enmity between Jewel and Angel from the outset of their relationship. So bad. Someone should please kidnap grandpa. Kudos infant.

Lol !! So funny !
Re: When Love Speaks by Light1259: 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
Thumbs up man
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by PIUS2018: 7:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
Treasure17:
Smiles......... Dnt worry i will tell Oga Dan to handle granpa

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.