Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! (36192 Views)

Re: Strike - "JOHESU Is Selfish,they Dont Know What They Want" Must Read / JOHESU Strike: Nigerian Government Threatens ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by eleojo23: 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
ultron12345:
you attended all Anatomy, physiology classes with medical students? OK, manageable, but the anatomy and physiology exams you wrote and the ones medical students wrote, are they of the same standard. You might attend classes together (which isn't true most of the time as medical students usually have special classes to cover up more complex and detailed work which others don't need, u might not know of this cos the classes are for only them), but what you are expected to know in those courses is less then 40% of what medical students are expected to know.

I see that most of you on this thread are still student doctors/house officers.

All these your 'readings', what has it contributed to the improvement of healthcare delivery in the country?

I'll advise you to keep an open mind and learn from all members of the healthcare team during your housemanship and beyond ...it will help you a lot.

Believe me, there are going to be times (like during calls) when your registrar or any other senior will leave you to attend to patients alone and you are going to be confused about some things relating to tests, drug dosage and other things, don't be ashamed to ask the med lab scientists, nurse, physiotherapist or Pharmacist for assistance.
It will really help you. Don't imitate your seniors who don't know how to work with others, be better than them.

16 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by YoungDaddyB: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
Funke!!!!!!?!!? Arghh you can lie. the average salary in Canada CAD500,000? it's actually 230000, which is still high in comparison to Nigerian consultants.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by simtus50: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
You have just exhibited professional nepotism. NMA should stop crying fowl simply because others are demanding for their rights. If they feel health sector is solely their property, now that others are on strike, let them render 24hours services to Nigerians. Let's respect each other.

6 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by sunroxus: 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
In all of these struggles I don't think is the duty one person to determine what the other takes - poor reason if you deserve something else come up with and not saying one shouldn't get what .
If I may ask who is the president of the world health organisation? Is he/she a doctor? If the and is no than the monopoly if health institution leadership is wrong and all the claim that a doctor must head places should challenge us as people
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Follygunners: 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2018
idu1:

Who be this one?

How much is your salary?

N10,735.36

Any problem with that?

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Ptwealth: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
@op
I feel you are confused. Its called team work and not doctors work. If you are a pharmacist practising for years and your promotional level ends at level 15 while the house officer you know when he was employed just because he was a doctor becomes a director ahead you. OP I know you won't be happy. Am a doctor bro experience in the field of medicine matters a lot. Most HO/Residents are so ignorant brother don't know anything but still wants power I know of a nurse that mostly will call me look at what your Junior Resident is writing. So please let's give then what the want we are all working for the patient.
Stethoscope can be use by anyone brother not only doctors
In the US I was afraid to meet a physiotherapists in the GOPD but in Nigeria its not possible same thing in Australia when I went for a curse was surprise seeing a physiotherapists teaching me radiological findings.
Please let's the health sector in Nigeria move forward.
The way forward:
Its is called administrative duty, doctors don't have these might give the duty to those who can we are trained to care. The post of CMD, Dcmac and the rest should be given to the as administrator

The matter of

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Boscolo: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
OP, I strongly disagree with you in the area of a nurse consultant. I am not a nurse or a medical practitioner, but If you care to learn I will like you to research on nurse consultant.
In the UK there are nurse consultants and I have been treated by one. Kindly note that nursing has advanced and nurses that are calling for a consultancy position is not because they have worked along side with doctors, but as a result of studying and research upto PhD level couple with their experience in the field.

A consultant (nurses, med lab, pharm) will not in any way interfare with a Dr who is a consultant there are structure , but we don't want to learn that is our issue.

Take a look at the University and Poly in Nigeria. Most countries have upgraded their polytechnic / vocational sector but not in Nigeria.

I think on that aspect I disagree with you on that.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Mobsync(m): 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
Sterope:
Apologies!

But you do know that the goal of most doctors is to become chief physicians/consultants or have their own hospitals.

That's very true. My initial comments are directed towards doctors in government institutions and not private institutions.

I wouldn't set up a company and employ someone else as my boss, would I? No.

The issue is that a private hospital is very different from a public hospital.

A doctor who owns a private hospital still performs his role as a doctor. He goes to the ward, performs surgery and etc. He could even employ an administrator (as they call them because the doctor is the CEO grin grin grin) to take over the administrative and part of the management roles of the CEO.

But the reverse is the case in government hospitals.

A doctor in a government hospital can no longer perform his role as a doctor [even if he wants to] because he is usually bogged down by administrative duties. He cannot employ or relegate his administrative and management role to another official either.

That's years of experience being wasted. In fact, this is the reason why foreign hospitals have CEOs to head their hospitals since they still need the expertise of the senior and experienced medical personnel that would have been relegated to signing papers and balancing books.

That said, I must clarify that I am neither a doctor nor a nurse. I am not even a medical practitioner. I just feel that NMA needs to set its priorities straight and stop unnecessary bickering over non-issues.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by JoannaSedley(f): 9:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
grin grin Oh thank you for not denying that I attended classes with them.
Funny you.. You mean , the lazy as.s Nigerian lecturers in college of basic medical sciences will later come back to reschedule classes for them after marking, compiling and pasting the results. With the dissection and the lab works and the experiments.?? You are talking as if the lecture notes are top secrets.
Just tell me that you are joking. Isn't this a bit farfetched to you?. I mean this is worse than defending Buhari.
At the end of the basic medical science courses
every students move to their various department where those courses will be integrated into their core and various disciplines.
ultron12345:
you attended all Anatomy, physiology classes with medical students? OK, manageable, but the anatomy and physiology exams you wrote and the ones medical students wrote, are they of the same standard. You might attend classes together (which isn't true most of the time as medical students usually have special classes to cover up more complex and detailed work which others don't need, u might not know of this cos the classes are for only them), but what you are expected to know in those courses is less then 40% of what medical students are expected to know.

9 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Mobsync(m): 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
Sterope:
You are beginning to get ahead oof d yourself

You qupted a source of just one country and you consider it fact around the world? What are you on? FYI, there are countries who appoint doctors as CEOs or business administrators.

No I am not.

The Op and the doctor I initially quoted compared the Nigerian medical sphere to those of some "advanced nations" (that is, US, Canada etc), which was why I made them realize that the hospitals in these countries are headed by CEOs and not doctors.

Since Nigerian hospitals are headed by doctors, I assume that there will be countries with hospitals headed by doctors -- or even nurses. Who knows?

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by AlphaT1(m): 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
OgaInnocent:
I was prompted to script this piece when I read yesterday from the comment of certain moniker here called amarabae, that the problem the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) put themselves is being orchestrated by the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA /Doctors) .
#(screenshot below) #

Inasmuch as the veracity of such claim by such an anonymous online user remains inconsequential, I still wish to educate the unsuspecting public on certain things of paramount and topical significance.

Before I continue, I thought it worthwhile to introduce myself, so that you take cognizance of my biases, if any. I am NOT a medical doctor, at least for now, thus, suffer not yourself in trying to tag this as "espirit des corps" game.

Now, it is no longer news that JoHESu is on strike for reasons bordering on salary and hospital hierarchy.
The news is here:
... https://www.nairaland.com/4456282/federal-health-workers-under-umbrella/3#66805229

ON SALARY:

I wouldn't comment on that because that is the business of the the govt. But let it be on record that if someone should complain of salary, it is the doctors. Nigerian Doctors cannot talk in the presence of their colleagues practicing abroad. They are the most underpaid persons with relation to the value offered. You can imagine the amount Canadian doctors are paid that made them to protest last time. An average consultant doctor in canada receives about 500,000 (about 180 million naira) dollars yearly. A consultant in nigeria is struggling with 10million naira yearly. Hence the reason 90% of Nigerian doctors are jetting out of the country, with many on the way out also. Even the few that are staying, are doing so, due to some supplementation coming from private practice. Otherwise, with the rate at which other countries are ready to issue visa to doctors, Nigeria may soon run out of doctors.
The truth is everyone needs a salary increase because cost of goods have increased, starting from teachers. However, the issue of salary still remains their business with the govt, but note that if your salary is increased to that of a doctor, the doctors will seek their own increase. It is natural to act that way.

ON HOSPITAL HIERARCHY

I heard they want to be given consultant nurse, consultant physiotherapist, consultant Med Lab Scientist etc.

People need to understand something. The hospital is structured in such a way that every treatment /instruction must be directed from the Consultant Physician or Consultant Surgeon. No patient receives anything in the hospital unless the doctor says so. The reason is not far-fetched. It is in the best interest of the patient, so that he/she is not malhandled. Imagine when we introduce a consultant nurse, a doctor will give his own instructions and the nurse will also like to execute his own consultancy expertise by giving his own instructions, at the end, the patient, is at the receiving end. The practice is that the doctor is and must be the head of the patient management team.

Most nurses are clamoring for consultancy because of the knowledge they acquire by virtue of working in hospital for years. They feel they can now challenge the doctor.

I will give an analogy: In Catholic church, we have the parish priest, we have the catechist. By virtue of working at the alter for about 10years, the catechist can comfortably celebrate the mass. Infact he can even celebrate more than the priest if given opportunity. He can also be more prayerful than the priest. But no matter the condition, the catechist can never celebrate mass or be equated to the priest simply because he can do what the priest can do if given the opportunity. There is formal way of becoming a priest, and it is open to everyone, thus, if the catechist wishes to be celebrating mass, he should simply enroll into the seminary, and boom, he becomes a priest. That is the formality.

Nurse vs Nurse Dichotomy

There are two types of nurses, we have those that attended school of nursing(Registered Nurse. RN). we also have those that are studying nursing in university (B. Sc). The truth is that the BSc holders are paid far higher than the RN holders. Why is it so? In terms of work, I need not tell you that, the RN holders are the ones that do the major suffering in the hospital, and JOHESu will not harmonize their salaries so that all nurses are paid parallel amount. But they want to be paid what doctors (mbbs) are paid. That's hypocrisy.

Medical Laboratory Scientists vs Medical Laboratory Technology

The way Medical lab scientist (Bsc) discriminate against the Med lab technologist (HND) is another case study. You and I know that those polytechnic guys are more practical oriented and cannot be equated with university counterparts. But yet, the Bsc holders still lord it over the HND holders. They claim superiority over them, and yet want equality with doctors. Another hypocrisy.

Med Lab Scientist vs Microbiologist.

I happened to study microbiology in my first degree. As a microbiologist, you cannot have a lab on your own. You must work under a med lab Scientist. Even when the knowledge base is the same among the two disciplines.

Last time on Facebook I saw some graduates of med lab from ABSU hanging stethoscope on their neck, calling themselves diagnostic doctors. Thats so laughable. And that has been the delusion that has been making them think they are equal with doctors. That you can see bacteria in urine in the lab does not make you diagnose a patient of infection. A doctor makes 95% of the diagnosis from history and physical examination, just right in the consultation room. The lab tests are to confirm diagnosis and also check for the other systems that the patient may not be complaining of. Also every med lab Scientist works under a Consultant Chemical pathologist, consultant micro biologist, consultant Histopathologist, or Consultant hematologist as the case may be.

The Way OUT

The truth is that, there should not be the need for all these fracas if everyone remains to his job description and prescription. There is already a job description for doctors, nurses, med lab Scientists etc. If you are not comfortable with the job you do, you can switch and follow the formality laid out for that profession. There shouldn't be need for being a nurse and wanting to do the job of a doctor, or being a doctor and wanting to do the job of a nurse.
A doctor needs a nurse, a nurse needs a doctor, a med lab Scientist needs a doctor and vice versa.

In addition to that, every job has a salary scale, most times the salary does not justify the work they do, but only justifies the time and process it took to get there. The people that take the highest salaries in Nigeria are the people that do nothing. They only go to offices to enjoy the AC and go home at the end of the day. When the month ends, they collect millions. Its unfortunate society has made it that way. Let us have a rethink, and be human. Everyone needs salary increase, starting from teachers to doctors to JOHESU (except our senators ***winks***). The problem is getting it right at the electoral polls.

sscripturas@gmail.com
Who is dis paid job seeker talking trash here?.....I am also not a member of JOHESU but I am a public servant and can authoritatively state that you are talking trash...rubbish write up to mislead the public...I couldn't just continue reading the rubbish up there....
Who told you that BSc nurses are paid more than RN? Nurses are on CONHESS and the payment is based on grade levels. For instance, a RN and a BSc nurse on same grade level, say CONHESS 10, do not have different salaries....I don't know where you got dat nonsense thought from. The entry point of RN is grade level 7 while BSc is grade level 8. You don't expect grade level 7 and 8 to receive same salary. However, a RN on grade level 8 will receive same salary as a BSc nurse on grade level 8.

7 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by kalishay: 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
Glitzcaret:
@ogalnnocent
Its pride that is killing the some black nations....
I currently practice in the U.S and doctors don't have this backward mentality (superior to other health professionals).
It a shame that Nigerian train doctors lack respect for others.
I deal with facts so name any civilized nation that behave like you guys.

Well said
Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by positivethought: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
I would have agreed with you but for points,i do not know of the nurses angle but even with that personally I feel the Bsc general nursing programme was a mistake instead it should have been that you get your RN general nursing then you go for BSC dental, orthopedic,psychiatric,optometric etc nursing,having said that I don't the issue is been paid equally with doctors but rather the guaranteed opportunity to rise to the pinacle of one's job,why must doctors want to head the medical lab, pharmacy etc departments in the hospitals when one can study up to professorial level in those fields?,the medical lab scientist or pharmacist can go and do one abridged related course n be allowed to head any of various medical departments so why are doctors doing same when there are so many branches of medicine for them to head?, on the issue of pay,almost all workers In US are paid higher than their Nigerian counterparts so on that basis everyone is right to complain but in practical terms this issue of foreign pay has to do with currency exchange rates,the pound sterling is stronger than the dollar so should the American doctors complain that they are paid lower than their British counterparts?,this mentality of doctors heading everything and excessive dominance is what is breeding all the unnecessary friction in the health sector at least I know that medical lab scientists and pharmacists and others now or in future will continue to resist it if the doctors are not call to order.Its the same case with ASUU blocking the granting of right to award at least just first degrees independently by colleges and other high institutions all for selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Follygunners: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Mobsync:

That statement tells a lot about the kind of doctors we have in this country.

You do not want to be discriminated against yet you have no qualms with discriminating against other medical personnel. You do not want them to head your departments, yet you want to head their departments, the hospital and the entire medical sector.

The hospitals of the advanced nations you guys are always whining about fleeing to are headed by a CEO, who is usually a nurse or an administrator grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue The CEO is never a doctor.

Please educate yourself and stop being backward. Spending 8 years in school does not necessarily mean that you are enlightened. http://www.healthcareadministration.com/becoming-a-hospital-ceo/

Bros. Great job with your comments but, not necessarily the case nevertheless, I won't say much. After all, what do I know?

It disgusts me how some pple come on here to rant but, in reality, they're so abysmal. They love to be heard, unnecessary exhibitionism and show-off-ism is their motto. cool

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
OgaInnocent:

sscripturas@gmail.com

https://www.nairaland.com/2013336/health-sector-strikes-underlying-issues

you should read that write up, though written 3years ago, it holds more facts that what you have up there

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by toysleek(f): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
oyb:
if you want the benefits of being a doctor, go to medical school. most of these johesu guys are in the end also rans who could not become doctors and who somehow feel entitled to the same benefits. its the nigerian way.

be very careful what you wish for. doctors are leaving the country in droves. and if the trend continues, local treatment will only be available to the wealthy.
Says who? Many doctors are hustling to do housemanship in govt hospitals now..To get a place to do residency sef na war.Even after becoming a consultant, the probability that you will be retained is very low..In conclusion, supply is greater than demand..Every profession is saturated,

2 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by kalishay: 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
OgaInnocent:

Point of correction. Doctors can disrespect other health professionals because they are not their rivals. But if there is disrespect by nigerian doctors to JOHESU, it is simply reactionary due to their (JOHESU) continued challenge of the doctors. Imagine a graduate of medical laboratory science hanging stethoscope on his neck and saying he is a diagnostic doctor. Can u imagine that? Does that happen in your civilized setting?

In Nigeria, every one working in the hospital is answering a doctor. Doctors can't just fold hand and watch them. So any action by the doctors is reactionary. Otherwise, what does a doctor gain by victimizing a nurse who has done him no wrong. But when a nurse starts claiming he /she can do what d doctors can do...I wonder!! My brother, just reason that.

And who told u stethoscope is mainly for DR? Ol dis mini gods this ur anaysis na only u!let me come and b going

6 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Mobsync(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
DatIjebuBoi:
So according to you Doctors should never become CEO of hospital abi.

Yes they shouldn't.

Unlike doctors, a hospital CEO is usually an appointment role, which means they could be hired and fired at any time.

Doctors on the other hand are not.

The issue is that having doctors as CEO means the doctors are left to perform administrative duties instead of medical duties. That is years of experience and expertise going down the drain, which shouldn't be so.

CEOs often earn more than doctors but they do not have the same job security as doctors. For the average CEO, the average years spent on the job is 3 and a half years. Doctors spend way more than that.
Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Scholar212(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
@OgaInnocent, your half baked knowledge of other professions structure in the health sector especially medical laboratory gave you out as a student with little or no knowledge of how things work.
First there is nothing like HND Medlab technologist or technicians, MLT is studied in school of health and not polytechnic and it is just for 3years while Medical lab science is 5yrs+ 1yr internship + 1yr NYSC = 7years.
No polytechnic anywhere in Nigeria offers any medical lab course for the records, it is like saying RN nursing is offered in polytechnic.
Coming from a microbiology graduate, I can see the reason for the hate against Medlab scientist, you claim to be knowledgeable in medical microbiology; what happens to Heamatology, chempath, histopath?. Let a microbiologist be left alone in the Blood bank for 2hrs if at least 5patients won't be reported back to be having adverse transfusion reaction from incompatible blood issued.
Also no consultant heads Medlab services, it is a separate division of its own with experts having advanced training in their respective specialties. In UBTH for instance, we have 3 chempath Medlab scientist with their PHD in the lab and years of expertise. The consultant handles the patient side and make his request for any investigation which he has no Business again until results get to him.
Doctors are far more overpaid than any other category of workers in public service , that is a known fact. I wonder where you got your notion that they are underpaid. You can't just convert salary in Canada to Naira equivalent, how much are nurses paid in Canada compared to their Nigerian counterpart?
On the issue of consultancy, there is postgraduate college of pharmacy, nursing incase you are ignorant of it and no one is saying after working for donkey years you are automatically made a consultant. Live and let live, I wonder why you guys don't want others to progress in their career path, only doctors are trained at postgraduate level (residency) by the government and fully paid throughout the duration of training, others are not asking for government to fund their postgraduate program and you won't let them be.
You have physiotherapist heading orthopedic units in USA and other countries where you want to be paid with their salary scale but won't allow how multidisciplinary health approach been practised over there to be implemented in Nigeria,. Hypocrisy at its peak.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Mobsync(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
sunroxus:
In all of these struggles I don't think is the duty one person to determine what the other takes - poor reason if you deserve something else come up with and not saying one shouldn't get what .
If I may ask who is the president of the world health organisation? Is he/she a doctor? If the and is no than the monopoly if health institution leadership is wrong and all the claim that a doctor must head places should challenge us as people
Thanks

That's Tedros Adhanom. He is not a doctor.

Neither are Alex Azar, Chris Wormald and Ginette Petitpas Taylor, the Secretary of Health of the US, the Secretary of Health of England and the Minister of Health of Canada.

But our very own Professor Isaac Adewole is a professor of gynaecology and obstetrics.
Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Scholar212(m): 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
Ministry of Health is always Swift to use no work no pay against other Health workers but will keep mute when Resident doctors who are supposedly students in training go on strike and you expect the health sector not to continue to deteriorate

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by murphyibiam15(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
toysleek:

Says who? Many doctors are hustling to do housemanship in govt hospitals now..To get a place to do residency sef na war.Even after becoming a consultant, the probability that you will be retained is very low..In conclusion, supply is greater than demand..Every profession is saturated,
bros there is nothing like saturation... the whole doctors in Nigeria doesn't reach the total in Texas.. just a state in USA... Nigerian health care structure is the problem and not saturation... what's the ratio of Dr to patient again in Nigeria? I just hope you understand what I meant
Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Chidonc(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
OgaInnocent:

Point of correction. Doctors can disrespect other health professionals because they are not their rivals. But if there is disrespect by nigerian doctors to JOHESU, it is simply reactionary due to their (JOHESU) continued challenge of the doctors. Imagine a graduate of medical laboratory science hanging stethoscope on his neck and saying he is a diagnostic doctor. Can u imagine that? Does that happen in your civilized setting?

In Nigeria, every one working in the hospital is answering a doctor. Doctors can't just fold hand and watch them. So any action by the doctors is reactionary. Otherwise, what does a doctor gain by victimizing a nurse who has done him no wrong. But when a nurse starts claiming he /she can do what d doctors can do...I wonder!! My brother, just reason that.
hey, shut up.
Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by ibknaanii80: 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
doctors are leaving the country in droves. and if the trend continues, local treatment will only be available to the wealthy.[/quote]

Wrong Perception, am in the system and have seen a lot of consultants scrambling around for job because they weren't retained where they did there residency and have seen those that purposely refuse to do there consultancy when they became senior reg becos they wanted to stay longer in the system. Cos they know once they pass the exam in less than seven months they are back on the street.

Back to the write up, answer this question are all health workers in Nigeria paid like their counterpart in European countries? I know of a nurse that bought the latest 2017 model M Benz the year it was realised. And lastly, now that others are on strick I believe the super human doctors are keeping the hospital running? Funniest thing is that a lot of them in the system not those still in school are happy saying 'thank God they too will rest'. Just know this "WITHOUT OTHERS U ARE NOTHING"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Mobsync(m): 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
Follygunners:

Bros. Great job with your comments but, not necessarily the case nevertheless, I won't say much. After all, what do I know?

It disgusts me how some pple come on here to rant but, in reality, they're so abysmal. They love to be heard, unnecessary exhibitionism and show-off-ism is their motto. cool

Thank you for the boldened.

I made several follow-up comments in response to series of quotes I got regarding my initial response to your post. You could read them if you want, in order to understand my opinion regarding the war looming among medical practitioners, especially in the public sector.

My initial comment was harsh and confrontational. I'm sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by madgoat(m): 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
JoannaSedley:
The Op and rest of the NMA are just being juvenile.
I have never seen so much ignorance in a post.
The question is why are doctors crying all over the media for things that will benefit other profession?
What do they wish to gain?
If this is not wickedness then the definition of wickedness has to be reassessed.
Honestly, I do not see how this is gonna end for NMA when everybody start to understand that they are the real terrorist in Nigeria health sector.
Since NMA took over the helm of affairs of Nigerian health sector everything has been going downhill and they want to take everyone down with them. Enough is enough.

I am ashamed of NMA.
Well the thing is, nobody is listening to your bullsh!t anymore cos they can smell it from mile afar.

look at what a supposed doctor wrote? What the hell is wring with you people?
A hell of a bullsh!t story that is not in congruent with reality.... and the relevance is still what I am searching for .

I have fought this battle back in the days so don't bother quoting me.

Inferiority complex is really a disease. If u so much envy doctors or u are not proud of ur profession, why not write jamb and go to medical school. Its not too late to save urself from this sad Inferiority complex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by hairyman(m): 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
Be careful what I wish for? You have idea what I wish for. If you are a doctor and it's so easy to leave then why are you still here? Loyalty to your nation? I disagree. JOHESU is seeking for adherence to agreements. If you think they are attempting to 'rub shoulders with doctor', whatever that means, then you are spinning tales out of thin air. I mentioned the origin of the title, you didn't get it from going to medical school, you gained it because historical.figures gave it to you both honorary and function derived title. Your qualification after school is very clear. I studied physiotherapy, I didn't cry about the pay, or demand that someone else earn less or ask to get as much pay as the physiotherapist in Canada, I simply resigned, started a business and improved my lot. If you want to earn like the Canadian, go there or resign and start a business. How is it anyone's business that a consultant is managing 10million? And as such the nurse should manage one million?
oyb:
if you want the benefits of being a doctor, go to medical school. most of these johesu guys are in the end also rans who could not become doctors and who somehow feel entitled to the same benefits. its the nigerian way.

be very careful what you wish for. doctors are leaving the country in droves. and if the trend continues, local treatment will only be available to the wealthy.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Jexyme(f): 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2018
Guy you really need a hospital bed....at any close neuropsychiatric hospital.

Trust me...you are damn deeply ignorant and I feel that educating you will be a serious waste of time.

Be warned! Don't talk about what you don't know anything about.

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by madgoat(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2018
Amarabae:

You de mind them?
Only them are educated in the health sector, others are not.
Let me mind my business before they say that I am envying them .
My dear go and write jamb again and seek admission into medical school if u so much envy doctors. This ur JOHESU brouhaha is as a result of Inferiority complex. And rightly said, doctors truly are superior to those JOHESU clowns. The sooner they realize this, the more comfortable they will be around doctors in the hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by Jedi777(m): 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
Amarabae:

Why not.
I read it.

You started from a neutral point and then end up being sentimental.

Government are not treating medical professionals well in this country, I agree .

My postulation in that thread is about the N.M.A Cold War with Johesu.
We support them demanding for better treatment from the government the same way johesu expect them to support us.

Whatever agreement we johesu have with the government or whatever our demands are should not be a treat to them.

They have been kicking against johesu interest secretly for years now through the ministers of health who are doctors.

We need partnership,
They support us,
We support them.

In Canada, there was a protest by doctors over being overpaid and for the welfare agenda of other health professionals to be met.
That's mutual respect and cooperation.
I have no issue with doctors, I have many of them as friends in my work place and I have worked with them a lot.
The man who fathered me is also one.
Plus two siblings in the profession.

But we have to put things in place.
Them themselves are being exploited in Nigeria,
What a doctor in Europe is earning a month is far superior to what a doctor is earning in Nigeria,
That's why many of them are leaving.
Johesu is not in any war with NMA.
As for your later part,
You don't expect a medical lab people to allow microbiologists to take over their job.
You said that you read microbiology In your first degree, you thought you will compete with med lab guys but reality dawned on you.
Maybe you are now in the medical school and you now deem it fit to be antagonizing anything med lab.

Secondly.
We university graduate nurses have no issue with school of nursing trained nurses,
A nurse is a nurse except Auxiliaries.

Everybody is important in the health sector.
Even the gateman at the hospital gate.

Thanks.

Funny...
Amarabae or whatever you call yourself,from all u ve bn typing, I'm sure u know d simple truth but all u want is attention....Smh....
Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by isah80: 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
Please, if you want to make analysis, don't use the church because the church is not the same with what you are saying.

Secondly, you have to know that every field specialises in different things, don't expect the consultant physician to work as an administrator.

Aboard, they have Hospital administrators who are in charge.

Don't argue on things you don't know much about.

In real sense, what do you understand by consultant? If you are one, that means you are very good in your field.
I cannot be a consultant in mechanical engineering and I cannot be able to repair an engine.

Let us leave title and paper qualifications and face the real work.

If you are a brick layer, layer bricks with a difference, that is all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! by TheDoc: 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
The best solution to this recurrent JOHESU/NMA/NARD strikes is privatisation, let everybody earn proportionately to the services he offers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Traditional Bonesetter Complicates A Child's Case, Loses Limb (Graphic Photo) / Fibroids / Combination 3 Pills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.