Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (62065 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
tojahh:

Problem actually solved.

Nice! What was it?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by tojahh(m): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
radautoworks:

Nice! What was it?

MAF
Failed plugs
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
tojahh:

MAF
Failed plugs

Cool. Glad it got taken care of.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by johnvinsley: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good afternoon all,
Kindly help my ignorance on car techinical terms and explanation. My Tayota Camry 2010 model with i4 (2ar-fe) engine developed a gearbox issue during the Xmas season travel. The gearbox wouldn't select gears except gear 1 and 2. The rev will reach 5,6,7 and the car wouldn't select any gear.
I have managed to bring the car back to abuja and i meet my mechanic here and after checking he said the gearbox brainbox (one black small box) wasn't communicating which he said he fix and the car is communicating with the gearbox.and gear oil was changed.
The issue now is the problem haven't be resolved. The car can only select all gears if I am driving slowly like a learner. And at a start the rev shouldn't cross 2 for all the gears to select.

Please help me.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by martyns200(m): 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello, Is It possible to change brands of synthetic oil? When my car came as toks have serviced twice using a full synthetic engine oil brand but I intend to stop using that and use another synthetic brand on next service, is it advisable and any side effects aftermath?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
tojahh:

Problem actually solved.

Good to hear sir
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Mrford(m): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
martyns200:
Hello, Is It possible to change brands of synthetic oil? When my car came as toks have serviced twice using a full synthetic engine oil brand but I intend to stop using that and use another synthetic brand on next service, is it advisable and any side effects aftermath?

As far as it's the recommended viscosity. You are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Danielkupiejo: 8:10am On Mar 20, 2020
Pls sir I want to buy a car BTW evil spirit used and Lexus es330 in Nigeria, pls which should I go for thats economical ,strong and more reliable in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance. Thanks sir
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Mitjyland(m): 11:17am On Mar 20, 2020
@ Our GURU, please what are the Pros and Cons of Peogueot 406 (AUTOMATIC CAR). Thanks.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Mitjyland:
@ Our GURU, please what are the Pros and Cons of Peogueot 406 (AUTOMATIC CAR). Thanks.

What year is it sir?

i would advise you stay away from the Automatic. The Manual is a surer deal
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
Danielkupiejo:
Pls sir I want to buy a car BTW evil spirit used and Lexus es330 in Nigeria, pls which should I go for thats economical ,strong and more reliable in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance. Thanks sir

Is the 'Evil spirit' (Accord 2008-2012) an I4 or a V6?

Both are good and reputable cars. The 2008 accord is more modern( recent), though not as equipped and refined as the 2005 ES3330.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Danielkupiejo: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
No its the 2010 l4 evil spirit vs the 2005 es 330 sir thanks. Still thinking which is best to buy
MotorGuru:

Is the 'Evil spirit' (Accord 2008-2012) an I4 or a V6?

Both are good and reputable cars. The 2008 accord is more modern( recent), though not as equipped and refined as the 2005 ES3330.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
Danielkupiejo:
No its the 2010 l4 evil spirit vs the 2005 es 330 sir thanks. Still thinking which is best to buy

Both are very, very good cars.

If your inclined towards a comfortable, quiet driving experience, go for the ES330.
If you want a more sporty feel of driving, ease on your pocket (fuel economy), go for the Accord.

the accord is more recent, therefore looks more modern the the ES.

they are both very reliable.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Megadixh: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
Help please!
My Honda Civic 2008 is displaying check engine signal and airbag signal. What could be wrong?
Thanks
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Mrford(m): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Megadixh:
Help please!
My Honda Civic 2008 is displaying check engine signal and airbag signal. What could be wrong?
Thanks

A scan will point you to the right direction.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:01am On Apr 06, 2020
Mrford:

A scan will point you to the right direction.

wink
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ciggy000(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
MotorGuru:

wink
Hello MotorGuru
My Honda civic 06 would not move on D but will on reverse and I also have the D lite blinking. I got a mechanic who changed the oil yet the problem persists. Got the vehicle scanned and it pulled out a P0776 pressure control solenoid B performance or stuck off code. Your humble opinion is required thanks

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2020
ciggy000:

Hello MotorGuru
My Honda civic 06 would not move on D but will on reverse and I also have the D lite blinking. I got a mechanic who changed the oil yet the problem persists. Got the vehicle scanned and it pulled out a P0776 pressure control solenoid B performance or stuck off code. Your humble opinion is required thanks

check all electrical connections to the transmission. Particularly to the affected solenoid.

Note that the soleniods are mounted externally on the transmission.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Adaba0803(m): 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
Guru pls do you have the idea of how much I can get a Toyota Sienna 2002 tokunbo gear box.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Creamychris: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2020
MotorGuru:
Free and unbiased consultations on vehicle diagnosis and fixes.

I am ready so Fire on!
I bought a Nigerian used Benz W202 c240 some weeks ago and the car is being used by my uncle, he called telling me the fuel pump is failing as the car jerks and sometimes brake and quench. please I need professional advice on either getting a new one or washing the old one. the mechanic guy he brought to check the car said the fuel pump, fuel filter and coil is needed to be changed but I don't trust all this road side mechanics. can you link me up with a Benz engineer in Abuja please to come check the car I will be grateful. thanks pls help a brother (07087331090) in case I am not online to read your response.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:16am On Apr 08, 2020
Creamychris:

I bought a Nigerian used Benz W202 c240 some weeks ago and the car is being used by my uncle, he called telling me the fuel pump is failing as the car jerks and sometimes brake and quench. please I need professional advice on either getting a new one or washing the old one. the mechanic guy he brought to check the car said the fuel pump, fuel filter and coil is needed to be changed but I don't trust all this road side mechanics. can you link me up with a Benz engineer in Abuja please to come check the car I will be grateful. thanks pls help a brother (07087331090) in case I am not online to read your response.

check out this moniker:

Kingreign
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:17am On Apr 08, 2020
Adaba0803:
Guru pls do you have the idea of how much I can get a Toyota Sienna 2002 tokunbo gear box.

cc. Gazzuzzlogistics
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by ontolegit(m): 11:26am On Apr 08, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
Pls which one is better manual or auto Toyota corolla 2003 considering the price and durability?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:36am On Apr 09, 2020
ontolegit:
[color=#990000][/color]
Pls which one is better manual or auto Toyota corolla 2003 considering the price and durability?

depends on your preference sir.
the Auto and manual are both good.
But the manual is more durable and reliable, due to less complexity (automatic transmission wahala)
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by temi4fash(m): 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
I scanned the car and it came up with P1887 code.

Honda City 2007.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by mgdimagaladima(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
Plemy car consumes much fuel.
The car is Mazda 626 2001 model

Exhaust pipe doesn't leak

Please what should be the cause?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by obaile: 12:32am On Apr 11, 2020
Hello Motorguru, I really appreciate your response to people's questions here.
Please, I need your advice on Honda CR-V 2004, 2.4L engine and 4 cylinders.
Please, how durable and rugged is it? What about it's fuel consumption?
I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Dicson1988: 11:56am On Apr 11, 2020
Goodmorning sir, i drive honda EOD 2003. Once i step on the acceleration slight before it gets into full speed i feel some sort of vibration/shaking especially from the leg on the driver side but once it attains full speed it becomes very smooth without any shaking or vibration. What could be the problem
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Mdtoba(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
Gud evg i have a 1999 toyota camry whenever i decelerate when the speedometer is at 20km the car do vibrate,i also notice a sounding noise coming from the brake
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2020
temi4fash:
I scanned the car and it came up with P1887 code.

Honda City 2007.

two things may be the culprit here...
1. Faulty Torque converter clutch release switch
2. An open circuit ( a break in your wiring harness( poor electrical conncetion or wire may have been eaten by rats

check out the two , repair/replace and you should be fine.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:08am On Apr 14, 2020
[quote author=mgdimagaladima post=88290381]Plemy car consumes much fuel.

Please what should be the cause?[/quote

Scan the car for codes and post it here.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 8:08am On Apr 14, 2020
mgdimagaladima:
Plemy car consumes much fuel.

Please what should be the cause?

Scan the car for codes and post it here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (34) (Reply)

Can You Enter This Kind Of Bus With Your Clear Eyes? (photo) / A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / This Is What Happens When You Buy A Car To Impress The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.