Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

The Preorder Mess - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Preorder Mess (17369 Views)

My 2014 Mercedes Benz GL450 Preorder From Inspired Autos / Come $ Preorder From Fhemmmy- 2007 VW Rabbit *Some Rust* MANUAL-ONLY 1.45M SOLDD / PreOrder Your Cars From Copart and IAAI Using Our License with Little Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Preorder Mess by tigerpaws(f): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2010
George_D:

pennywise,
there will still be fraudulent dealers even without the pre-order system.

sweetheart kiss

Can you please speak like someone who got scammed of N2million over the internet
Re: The Preorder Mess by tigerpaws(f): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2010
Pennywise:

No question. Afterall there was fraud b/4 preorder came. The very nature of the preorder system lends itself to too much abuse potential. And the kind of money that is involved-I mean we are not talking cell phone money!

[size=16pt]My final advise to Seun? Pull the plug on pre-order now![/size]

Seun

I stumbled on a site  www.nairalist.com owned by you. Dont you think its best if you stop pre-order on nairaland before the reputation goes down; dealers can post adverts on nairalist and a disclaimer should be boldly written.  undecided
[size=15pt]
Nairaland is a forum not a marketplace; nairalist is for classified adverts[/size]  cool
Re: The Preorder Mess by tigerpaws(f): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2010
Pennywise:

Seun called this the pre-order mess, I say we have not seen any mess yet. Real mess dey come.

One of the scammers exposed by Scooby1 was a  19yr old boy living in Jos;

He's a car dealer in Auto section and an Admission Officer  grin

If this isnt curbed now; the forum will be infested with lots of their type  lipsrsealed
Re: The Preorder Mess by GeorgeD1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2010
tigerpaws:

sweetheart kiss

Can you please speak like someone who got scammed of N2million over the internet

you're turning your heat on me now? thought your spat used to be with busy-b?  grin
Re: The Preorder Mess by Pelpelly(m): 12:07am On Jun 21, 2010
Those dealer's who have been doing pre-orders for years now and have been doing so successfully will still be alright with or without the Forum. I will say that the forum is a great place to offer our services to those who look for specialty or uniqueness, it is unfortunate that some have chosen to take advantage of this. But truth be told, you can really get scammed by any forum or by anyone if you do not exercise wisdom. As it has been said many times over, IF SOMETHING SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE 9 times out if 10 IT IS.

I go back to those of us who have been doing pre-orders successful and who have clients that can attest to our services. Should the "pre-order mess" be exiled or discontinued on this forum, our clients may still choose to pre-order from us and these same clients will tell their friends, colleagues, acquaintances, ect. who may choose to come onto NL to check out the vehicles that we have listed (or we all know too well that Nigeria is a highly referral-based society). Do we now say that we will close the whole Auto section of Nairaland? I think not.

In my eyes, the best solution is let it be. I would willingly bet that the ratio of those who have received exceptional services through pre-ordering from dealers on NL to those whom have been scammed is heavily tilted towards the later. When one bank is robbed, other banks take notice and stay on alert, they do not go and completely change the way they do business. Now if more come and say that the scams are becoming rampant in pre-ordering, then I would say we have a means for concern. This is my humble opinion and I in no way am trying to say my heart does not go out to those whom have been scammed by scoundrels.
Re: The Preorder Mess by Pelpelly(m): 12:09am On Jun 21, 2010
Those dealer's who have been doing pre-orders for years now and have been doing so successfully will still be alright with or without the Forum. I will however admit that the forum is a great place to offer our services to those who look for specialty or uniqueness, it is unfortunate that some have chosen to take advantage of this. But truth be told, you can really get scammed by any forum or by anyone if you do not exercise wisdom. As it has been said many times over, IF SOMETHING SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE 9 times out if 10 IT IS.

I go back to those of us who have been doing pre-orders successful and who have clients that can attest to our services. Should the "pre-order mess" be exiled or discontinued on this forum, our clients may still choose to pre-order from us and these same clients will tell their friends, colleagues, acquaintances, ect. who may choose to come onto NL to check out the vehicles that we have listed (or we all know too well that Nigeria is a highly referral-based society). Do we now say that we will close the whole Auto section of Nairaland? I think not.

In my eyes, the best solution is let it be. I would willingly bet that the ratio of those who have received exceptional services through pre-ordering from dealers on NL to those whom have been scammed is heavily tilted towards the later. When one bank is robbed, other banks take notice and stay on alert, they do not go and completely change the way they do business. Now if more come and say that the scams are becoming rampant in pre-ordering, then I would say we have a means for concern. This is my humble opinion and I in no way am trying to say my heart does not go out to those whom have been scammed by scoundrels.
Re: The Preorder Mess by Pennywise(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2010
Pelpelly:

Those dealer's who have been doing pre-orders for years now and have been doing so successfully will still be alright with or without the Forum. I will however admit that the forum is a great place to offer our services to those who look for specialty or uniqueness, it is unfortunate that some have chosen to take advantage of this. But truth be told, you can really get scammed by any forum or by anyone if you do not exercise wisdom. As it has been said many times over, IF SOMETHING SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE 9 times out if 10 IT IS.

Indeed car pre-orders predates NL and it still goes on everyday outside NL. It is also true that pple are getting their fingers burnt every day. Go to police stations and EFCC offices. I have heard of a house going up in flames as a direct result of pre-order gone bad. Worse things have been known to happen. What some pple who mean well are saying is that fraudulent peeps should not be allowed to ride on the back of this forum to commit fraud.

Yes there are honest dealers. Infact I have penciled down 3 names I feel comfortable with but certainly not on preorder platform where I cant even trust myself.

tigerpaws:

One of the scammers exposed by Scooby1 was a  19yr old boy living in Jos;

He's a car dealer in Auto section and an Admission Officer 

I want to see this 19yr old
Re: The Preorder Mess by GeorgeD1(m): 9:53am On Jun 22, 2010
the nineteen year old jos dweller could well be a trainee fraudster who is still learning the ropes.  grin
Re: The Preorder Mess by Pennywise(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2010
George_D:

the nineteen year old jos dweller could well be a trainee fraudster who is still learning the ropes.  grin
I did a lot of stuff as a heady 19yr old-I mean the whole damn catalogue. But swindling a big man of N2mn was never in the cards. What will he steal in say 5yrs time? Gawd!
Re: The Preorder Mess by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 22, 2010
what will he steal in 5yrs time? i'd say the empire building, if you ask me! grin
Re: The Preorder Mess by tigerpaws(f): 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: The Preorder Mess by Pennywise(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2010
Thanks tigerpaws.

You are one tiger who knows her prey. The boy looks like my dog handler- obviously not as responsible.

I hate the very idea of having moderators on NL. But your case is a good example that lends itself to one. Otherwise Mr 19 is going to brag to his friends about his escapades on NL and before long this forum will be thoroughly infested.
Re: The Preorder Mess by GeorgeD1(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2010
penny,
add 4 to the (19) and you'd have said it all. grin
Re: The Preorder Mess by Nawaya: 8:28am On Jul 05, 2010
Anyone is interested in a VW JETTA (2008) ? THIS IS NO PRE-ORDER !!! The car was bought by me in the US and arrives in Lagos in a couple of weeks.
If interested, pls send your enquiries to me at tulatrades@yahoo.com
Thanks.

Re: The Preorder Mess by mastro: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2010
dude, why are you spamming this thread trying to sell your car?
Re: The Preorder Mess by Nawaya: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2010
RE: dude, why are you spamming this thread trying to sell your car?

Hi Mastro,
Sorry if this has come as spam. I was only taking advantage of a thread that has from all evidence, gone cold. No disrespect or piss taking intended!
Re: The Preorder Mess by GeorgeD1(m): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2010
nawaya,
open a new thread to sell your wares and stop spamming here else you risk being banned! angry
Re: The Preorder Mess by ocee87: 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
;d
Re: The Preorder Mess by TippyTop(m): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2010
Re: The Preorder Mess by Pelpelly(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2010
It seems this thread has simmered down quite a bit.  What are the results for the solution?  Has any moderator chimed in?
Re: The Preorder Mess by babslepe: 11:13am On Jul 12, 2010
hello guys i have been following this topic for awhile i think seun should to create a medium so we can verify our sellers and we know who is who not anybody just posting all sort of scams on nairaland cause the cases of fraud is getting too much on nairaland and very soon people will lose interest in this site so i think if we have a handful of trustworthy people it is better than a crowd filled with fraudsters and people who want to take advantage of others so to all the dealers in the house both cotonou people and pre order lets have a way we can verify you guys so when i am dealing with anyone on nl i feel safe
Re: The Preorder Mess by ikamo(m): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2010
At this public forum,advertisers should submit their pictures, verifiable address of business premises, so as to make fraudsters traceable,be caught and punished.
This forum has being a great source of info and should be protected for generations.
Kudos to Seun for this great job.
Re: The Preorder Mess by ikamo(m): 6:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
At this public forum,advertisers should submit their pictures, verifiable address of business premises, so as to make fraudsters traceable,be caught and punished.
This forum has being a great source of info and should be protected for generations.
Kudos to Seun for this great job.
Re: The Preorder Mess by BizBooks(m): 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
@ Babslepe & Ikamo,

It may interest both of you to know that we discussed a similar suggestion ad nauseum back in May. See the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=441676
Re: The Preorder Mess by GeorgeD1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2010
bizbooks is right.
Re: The Preorder Mess by agitator: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
Please somebody should explain this to me, because i'm confused

alabi4good:

I am an Auto agent based in Badagry, I buy Autos from Cotonou but new in the Auto section on NL , I have got great offers for you in Cotonou. Get your machine be it Busses, trucks, Tippers from Cotonou two-three days from Cotonou at great prices in perfect working condition.Whichever the make and model you want to buy is availble in Cotonou.

About the Tippers and Truck, It also depends on the year model and the number of tyres . The price varies from dealer to dealer but I can always work with your budget in getting you what you want. Let me know what you want and I will get back to you with the landing cost and pictures of them so that you can ascertain it then we take a trip to Cotonou to buy .Contact me today and be rest assured of a great deal.Sharp machines in perfect working condition @ d best possible price.

thank you

alabi4gooddeals@yahoo.com
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=473548.msg6331153#msg6331153

alabi4good:

Contact us for the best bet.

thank you.

youngholf@yahoo.com

Ademola.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=399591.msg6390240#msg6390240
Re: The Preorder Mess by femmy2010(m): 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2010
He simply meant he can help fellow NLers procure their desired vehicle buy option from Cotonou and that he would make delivery within 2-3days after payment.
Re: The Preorder Mess by ikamo(m): 6:33am On Jul 19, 2010
Seun,
pls send me mail through my box for a personal discuss: okimaltd@yahoo.
ikamo
Re: The Preorder Mess by jadefour20: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2010
[color=#990000]@bussy_body

[table]Busy_body (f)

Re: The Preorder Mess
« #13 on: May 18, 2010, 05:29 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is Jafour, dunno if the ban on my not talking has been lifted

madam what's up You still got beef with me?? thought you would have cooled off by now?? Pls take a chill pill, I've moved on to better things! lol. Enjoy your day!
Re: The Preorder Mess by Jafour: 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2010
jadefour20:

[color=#990000]@bussy_body

[table]Busy_body (f)

Re: The Preorder Mess
« #13 on: May 18, 2010, 05:29 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is Jafour, dunno if the ban on my not talking has been lifted

madam what's up You still got beef with me?? thought you would have cooled off by now?? Pls take a chill pill, I've moved on to better things! lol. Enjoy your day!

@jadefour20
You got it wrong. Busy_body was not referring to you. She knows my contribution as a honest dealer on thorny issues in the past on nairaland was fair and straight. Anyway, I did not contribute to the post because someone along the line said what I needed to say, so I decided to keep mute and read other interesting contributions.

In case you have any score to settle with busy_body, look for a better way of doing it rather than arrogating someone's username with yours.
Re: The Preorder Mess by sultaan(m): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2010
I don't think its a preorder mess, but the autosection mess.
A couple of years back this thread was mainly auto discussion with few listings, then the discussions slowed to a trickle with more listings.

We complained and the best Mod could do was to create all discussion thread(huge mistake), basically meaning if you have anything to discuss go to this thread, to sellers section is all yours.

If anyone opens this section at anytime the first page is a bump by 3 sellers(reminds me of the old Oshodi sidewalk)

When larryshow4 bumps 4 posts on Cotonou cars, femmy2010, bumps another 3 on Cotonou deals,Adelambi with unending testimony from unending buyers. Soon someone will set up e-check point to collect 'owoile' and finally turn this place into autoshodi section.
If someone said this section will turn to this mess we have 2 yrs ago I would have said never, but we are only Nigerians [size=5pt]sorry for the name calling  [/size]

All this will only get worse until it finally implodes; unregulated, unsecured marketplace based on trust.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unlock Your Vehicle Radio Code & Navigation Code Here / 2015 Model BMW X3 Toks Full Option / 20% off on all vehicle inspections! 090-3370-4148

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.