Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? (10376 Views)

Why Do People (Men Especially) Hate Feminism So Much? / The Number One Thing Women Hate The Most About Sex / Cheating Wives Said To Be Far Deadlier Than Cheating Men. True Or False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 8:46am On Apr 24, 2018
highpriestess:

hmmm,that's way too much.
I'm not a feminist,but I support any positive changes they bring to the table.

feminism is the best thing that ever happened to womanhood.. you need to be happy
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 8:50am On Apr 24, 2018
luminouz:

Lmaooooo!!!
U this guy!!! grin
where have you been? smiley
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 8:50am On Apr 24, 2018
E-boo twoclans are you busy?? I can see you're viewing the thread..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by luminouz(m): 8:53am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

where have you been? smiley
Hustling ma nigga!!!
Hope u good!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 8:54am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:
Twoclans, Shugavee, Pocohantas, Sarang, Ladyhippolyta, Greiboy, Luminouz, AussiePlayboi, Oyindidi, Xinsin, CSTR1003

Sweetie let's do this together ,below are my few general idea of what feminism is all about :
1,Equal education for the female child, people are advocating that the female child should also have the right to education.
2,The ability/equality to vote and be voted for.
3,People are also proposing that women should have right to political and managerial positions. Meaning when a woman is qualified she should not be denied just because she is a woman.

The above is what I understand generally, please oblige me with your own additions of what feminism is all about. I am beginning to think I have a flawed view of what feminism is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by shaybebaby(f): 8:56am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

most Nigerian ladies don't like anything connected to feminism , ..I don't know what they're scared for ,after all they're going to benefit from the ideology ....truth be told, Nigerian women aren't ready for gender equality
Change is always difficult and when we speak about entire societies, it is always a slow gradual process.

The fact that we are having this conversation means the ideology is not going away anytime soon. It won't happen overnight, but gradually we will see changes the more women understand that it is more about the right to choose individually without facing barriers to enacting your choice.

Here, women are largely able to choose their roles within society. A lot of my friends are stay at home mothers with their spouses providing for the entire family. However they are not treated any less because the society recognises the important role they play in nurturing the future workforce of their nation.

I also have friends who are professional working mothers and again there is recognition and legislation to ensure they can balance their professional lives with their family lives eg right to request flexible working, state support to pay for childcare whilst working etc.

What I am saying nigerian women need to realise that feminism is saying you can be whatever YOU choose as long as its your choice. But do not accept limitations placed on your simply because you are female.

We ask that barriers limiting the roles women place in the society be removed, and support to be given to enable self actualisation of each and every woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by luminouz(m): 9:02am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

Sweetie let's do this together ,below are my few general idea of what feminism is all about :
1,Equal education for the female child, people are advocating that the female child should also have the right to education.
3,People are also proposing that women should have right to political and managerial positions. Meaning when a woman is qualified she should not be denied just because she is a woman.

The above is what I understand generally, please oblige me with your own additions of what feminism is all about. I am beginning to think I have a flawed view of what feminism is.
This is also my own version of feminism....
But what I read on NL from females eh....na cross between hate n spite

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 9:03am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:
E-boo twoclans are you busy?? I can see you're viewing the thread..

cheesy I have commented on your two threads this morning I await your response wink
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 9:06am On Apr 24, 2018
luminouz:

This is also my own version of feminism....
But what I read on NL from females eh....na cross between hate n spite

I am always shocked when I see some women's view on feminism in nairaland. Nothing will stop me from looking for the bill that was submitted to the national assembly. I must just read that bill and find out if there are new angels to this feminism thing that I don't know about.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 9:12am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

to me feminism is all about equal social opportunities, equal political opportunities for both gender and equal financial responsibilities.
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

cheesy I have commented on your two threads this morning I await your response wink
I've replied them.. you haven't respond
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 9:15am On Apr 24, 2018
shaybebaby:

Change is always difficult and when we speak about entire societies, it is always a slow gradual process.

The fact that we are having this conversation means the ideology is not going away anytime soon. It won't happen overnight, but gradually we will see changes the more women understand that it is more about the right to choose individually without facing barriers to enacting your choice.

Here, women are largely able to choose their roles within society. A lot of my friends are stay at home mothers with their spouses providing for the entire family. However they are not treated any less because the society recognises the important role they play in nurturing the future workforce of their nation.

I also have friends who are professional working mothers and again there is recognition and legislation to ensure they can balance their professional lives with their family lives eg right to request flexible working, state support to pay for childcare whilst working etc.

What I am saying nigerian women need to realise that feminism is saying you can be whatever YOU choose as long as its your choice. But do not accept limitations placed on your simply because you are female.

We ask that barriers limiting the roles women place in the society be removed, and support to be given to enable self actualisation of each and every woman.

it'll take time before Nigerian ladies start to embrace feminism...

majority of them are really lazy...
if equal financial responsibilities is removed from the ideology, 99% of Nigerian ladies will adopt feminism in a hefty cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 9:19am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

to me feminism is all about equal social opportunities, equal political opportunities for both gender and equal financial responsibilities.

It means we are almost on the same page. So why are people against it?I don't understand. What exactly is wrong with what you wrote above?

Gender equality/feminism is something that needs to be embraced. And also more and more women should drop the long throat character and live within their means. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by shaybebaby(f): 9:24am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

it'll take time before Nigerian ladies start to embrace feminism...

majority of them are really lazy...
if equal financial responsibilities is removed from the ideology, 99% of Nigerian ladies will adopt feminism in a hefty cheesy
To play an equal (equitable) part, you have to have the means which means access to opportunities and support to maximise them.

I love how you included the social aspect because societal construct is a big problem. Reinforcing the belief that marriage is the ultimate for women limits women to believe that their self actualisation is tied to the attainment of that status.

But what about us as individuals? Do we stop to ask what they want for themselves without attaching another human being to it?

We will all die one day, what is the legacy we want to leave behind, how do we want to be remembered?

Encourage women to examine what value they bring/can bring to the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 9:28am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

It means we are almost on the same page. So why are people against it?I don't understand. What exactly is wrong with what you wrote above?

Gender equality/feminism is something that needs to be embraced. And also more and more women should drop the long throat character and live within their means. lipsrsealed

lol dearie.. only Nigerian ladies are against feminism
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by shaybebaby(f): 9:31am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

From what I read on nairaland, even men are against it because they interpreted more rights and opportunities for women as less for them.

Let's not be biased. That you are male is great but you are also in the minority.
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2018
shaybebaby:

From what I read on nairaland, even men are against it because they interpreted more rights and opportunities for women as less for them.

Let's not be biased. That you are male is great but you are also in the minority.

I'm even surprised many Nigerian men don't support feminism...
They want to continue controlling and dominating the woman with their alpha male nonsense...
nigerian men and their useless ego.. smh

feminism is the best thing that ever happened to manhood

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 9:43am On Apr 24, 2018
luminouz:

Hustling ma nigga!!!
Hope u good!!

yes bro..

what is life without $$?
without $$ you're a dead man living..

hustle always smiley

they must pay cool
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by shaybebaby(f): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

They want to continue controlling and dominating the woman with their alpha male nonsense...

feminism is the best thing that ever happened to manhood
Many do not because they do not see what's in it for them.
All the reason for these discussions to take place.

kissNow be a darl and tone down the name-calling.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 10:12am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

I might not completely agree with you. I am a Nigerian lady and I support feminism.Anybody who does not support is not very clear about what it entails. Let me give you a small illustration of something I witnessed a few years ago.

I attended the burial ceremony of my friends dad. . As at that time only his female children where working and earning money. The boys were just serving the mandatory NYSC. The man had also suffered money issues before he died. You know how crazy and money draining igbo burials can be.The girls brought all the money for that burial ceremony.

Fast forward to the burial proper,in igbo land it's usually the boys/men that sit at the table receiving guest that come for condolence. The man was a high society man so most of his club members,associates and friends brough money to that table as gifts for the family. But guss what nobody in that family remembered that it's the girls who brought the funds for the preparation. The boys shared all the money received at that table just because females are not allowed to sit at the table according to custom.

If gender equality was considered in this case would it not have favoured the girls.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by donnie(m): 10:51am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

feminism is the best thing that ever happened to manhood you

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 2:00am On Apr 25, 2018
Twoclans:

I might not completely agree with you. I am a Nigerian lady and I support feminism.Anybody who does not support is not very clear about what it entails. Let me give you a small illustration of something I witnessed a few years ago.

I attended the burial ceremony of my friends dad. . As at that time only his female children where working and earning money. The boys were just serving the mandatory NYSC. The man had also suffered money issues before he died. You know how crazy and money draining igbo burials can be.The girls brought all the money for that burial ceremony.

Fast forward to the burial proper,in igbo land it's usually the boys/men that sit at the table receiving guest that come for condolence. The man was a high society man so most of his club members,associates and friends brough money to that table as gifts for the family. But guss what nobody in that family remembered that it's the girls who brought the funds for the preparation. The boys shared all the money received at that table just because females are not allowed to sit at the table according to custom.

If gender equality was considered in this case would it not have favoured the girls.

kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 3:30am On Apr 25, 2018
Twoclans:

lol i cant help but agree more . since feminism is about equal right and equal responsibilities. you buy your pant, i buy my boxer abi no be im? i provide money for shopping this week, you do the same next week, i Pay the children's school fees this term, you pay next term. lol i think this is the definition of equal right and responsibitity. too bad.

culture need to be limited in many cases for gender equality to play out..
men aren't gods..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by ariesbull: 4:06am On Apr 25, 2018
Feminism would be good for us

Atleast girls would stop demanding from.boys
Girls would stop fighting over for boys
Girls would stop begging for recharge cards
When we fūck I wouldn't give you shishi

Feminism is good

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2018
prechbills1:

kiss

kiss kiss

Morning dear, trust you are completely okay now
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 11:10am On Apr 25, 2018
Twoclans:

kiss kiss

Morning dear, trust you are completely okay now

yes babe.. kiss
have you seen my answer to your post?
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2018
prechbills1:

yes babe.. kiss
have you seen my answer to your post?

Yes i saw it, I was just laughing and laughing.
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 11:58am On Apr 25, 2018
Twoclans:

Yes i saw it, I was just laughing and laughing.

yes grin

I pay the school fees this month, you pay next month.
I pay for shopping this week, you pay next week.
I pay for food stuffs this month, you pay next month.

grin grin smiley

feminism is the best thing that ever happened to mankind
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
prechbills1:

yes grin

I pay the school fees this month, you pay next month.
I pay for shopping this week, you pay next week.
I pay for food stuffs this month, you pay next month.

grin grin smiley

feminism is the best thing that ever happened to mankind

Yeah baby

I carry the pregnancy this month, you carry it next month. wink

I breast feed this month, you breast feed the next month wink

How is your day going kiss
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2018
Twoclans:

Yeah baby

I carry the pregnancy this month, you carry it next month. wink

I breast feed this month, you breast feed the next month
wink

How is your day going kiss
I don't understand.. that's not what feminism is about undecided
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by Twoclans(f): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
prechbills1:

I don't understand.. that's not what feminism is about undecided

LOL, we can add ours. All I need is for you to agree kiss
Re: Nigerian Women Hate Feminism More Than Men.. True Or False? by prechbills1(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
Twoclans:

LOL, we can add ours. All I need is for you to agree kiss

feminism is only about equal financial responsibilities and equal social opportunities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Breast Ptosis. Why Are Women With This Condition Shamed? Even When.... / How I Caught My Colleagues Making Out In The Toilet / Meet Africa's Best Twerker(pictures&video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.