Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

What If Christianity Was A Sham? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Christianity Was A Sham? (6672 Views)

Pilgrimage To Badagry Where Christianity Was First Preached In Nigeria. / How Christianity Was Used To Brainwash Africans Into Submission / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by somze(f): 8:09am On May 08, 2007
@ricadelide
You are a source of knowledge. Even I am learning from your posts. Keep it up!!! wink
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by uchetobi(f): 8:29am On May 08, 2007
If Xtianity is a sham. I'd rather take my chance with it now than to find out later that it was real and i lost out. But its no sham. The Holy spirit is so real
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by KAG: 9:42pm On May 08, 2007
uchetobi:

If Xtianity is a sham. I'd rather take my chance with it now than to find out later that it was real and i lost out. But its no sham. The Holy spirit is so real

I think we should have a "how many ways can Pascal be twisted" competition. Dibs on the atheist and pop-culture Gods versions
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by ricadelide(m): 5:10am On May 09, 2007
somze:

@ricadelide
You are a source of knowledge. Even I am learning from your posts. Keep it up!!! wink
thanks man, even though man pikin no sabi anything,,,,,,,we still dey learn. cheers. smiley
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by feelgood(m): 10:14am On May 10, 2007
What if xtianity was a sham? Then I would be very grateful to whosoever brought it about for making me learn and acquire so wonderful attributes and knowledge which a great many pple and nations have used to their advantage. I also would surely like to meet who it was that wrote the bible and find out how he came about such a repertoir of knowledge and wisdom. So nothing lost really.
But then what if XTIANITY IS NOT A SHAM? Then wot a serious problem you have put urself into. Because all the things you have said and blasphemed against God will testify against you on the judgement day. And O, what a weeping and wailing as the lost (which would include you) are told of their fate. O, you'll cry for the rocks and the mountains (to hide you), you will pray for forgiveness but your prayer will be too late.
So why wait and gamble with your life when you can get the best of both worlds- salvation plus its attendant benefits on earth, and eternity in heaven only thru JESUS. Nothing to lose but everything to gain!
Dont join the unfortunate who would rather wait to find out the error of their ways, for then it will be too late. So I invite you to receive Jesus into your life today and let the 'what if' take care of itself.
God bless you
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by MP007(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2007
babyearly. the human generation has been decieved into many things . am sure that the lord is just waiting and waiting patiently, Judgement day will be a big surprise, thats why i dont judge people by their believe or culture, lord have mercy
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by thesilent1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2007
, we are most miserable
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by SKU(m): 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2007
sham? then what would be the point living? were would u end up after death?
Christianity A Sham, doubt it to da core!
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by nyabinghi(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2007
batu,

christianity is the real idolatrous religion. You worship jesus( a mere disciple of God) and u claim to worship God, U are not different from an Ogun,Sango worshipper cos they believe in God through this medium.
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by jerrymania(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2007
nyabinghi:

batu,

christianity is the real idolatrous religion. You worship jesus( a mere disciple of God) and u claim to worship God, You are not different from an Ogun,Sango worshipper because they believe in God through this medium.

Hey cool down guy!
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by Horus(m): 12:40pm On Jun 06, 2007
Christianity is The Biggest Sham Ever Created
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by thesilent1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2007
a mere disciple of God

freedom of speech i guess
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2007
GAMES MUSLIMS PLAY

nyabinghi:

batu,

christianity is the real idolatrous religion. You worship jesus( a mere disciple of God) and u claim to worship God, You are not different from an Ogun,Sango worshipper because they believe in God through this medium.

When the question was asked why men and women do not pray in the same mosque, the above individual collapsed in a fit of paranoia:

nyabinghi:

Olutomiwa or what ever u are called, u have just displayed religious bigotry. Of what concern is yours if men and women don't pray together in the masjid" he who has no sin should cast the first stone". Did u ever ask your pastors why christians don't have the same mode of worship. Why women don't lead congreagations as the bible even said women shouldn't lead where men are. Also why do u refer to God, Jesus as males. I need an answer now because u are irritating me with your parochial way of reasoning.

You can draw your own conclusions!
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2007
I wonder which cave he hid in when we had our geography lesson on facing the East thanks to telly b and a truthful muslim grin
Nyabinghi think about this,I worship Jesus but wouldn't kill to please him.

You claim you don't worship Mohammed but will carry out an instant jihad when he ,a mere womanising,pedophilic deceased mortal is dissed.
A man who was unsure what allah would do to him grin
Now of the 2 of us,who is the foolish one?
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2007
I wonder which cave he hid in when we had our geography lesson on facing the East thanks to telly b and a truthful muslim grin
Nyabinghi think about this,I worship Jesus but wouldn't kill to please him.

You claim you don't worship Mohammed but will carry out an instant jihad when he ,a mere womanising,pedophilic deceased mortal is dissed.
A man who was unsure what allah would do to him grin
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by thesilent1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2007

I THINK THE LADY WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by MP007(m): 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2007
judgement day dey come, keep posting sh^t ok, keep it up, we re omo
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by naijacutee(f): 10:42am On May 26, 2008
I miss shahan.

@ topic. Wishful thinking. Long and fine-sounding arguments are only what they are : long and fine-sounding, and unfortunately do not change the facts. However, it's ok - Foolhardiniess is nothing new to God. In fact, as God has given each person the power of free-will, foolhardiness cannot be avoided. I can only but feel sorry for those deluded by their own "knowledge" and "wisdom". The same kind of sorry I would feel for a drunk man doing 160mph, whilst arguing that he is not drunk. 
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by mccloud224(m): 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Topic

Nice one.There are times when i've asked myself this question repeatedly.I do believe there is a God that created the universe.I do believe in Jesus Christ and the new testament.

What i don't believe in are churches of nowadays e.g

(1)Roman Catholicism is a sham (a scam in fact).Same with other related churches (Anglicans,Vincentians and so on).These are churches that tailored Christianity to suit Roman requirements.Most of their practices are completed diverse from Christianity.I've never heard of the Pope,Cardinals and any other "highly esteemed leaders" being mentioned in the bible.How about rosaries?Where did those come from?Jesus never mentioned anything about rosaries.Neither did Moses or Elijah.How about prayers to Virgin Mary and other "Saints"?Let me leave it here.He who has brains, let him think.

(2)New world churches (protestants) of these days are shams.Most of them are money making organizations.You hardly hear them preaching true gospel anymore.What you see now is "progress teachings" , "laying of hands", "miracle nights" and "prophesies".Concerning their miracles, i wonder why it has to be a fan fare.Jesus walked through the streets and healed the lames,blind,dumb,paralyzed etc. That is how you know real miracles and not all those scams they pull on TV.

Nuff said.
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by wirinet(m): 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2009
To me Christianity and its off-shoot (Islam) is a sham, it is the greatest deceit foisted on mankind and those that foisted it have left it for us (third world countries) to expend our energies on while they expend their time and energies on greater quests in life. The two religions were used as vehicle of conquest, colonization and exploitation of weaker societies.

It there is anything like karma, i hope it will catch up on the Romans that designed and imposed Christianity and the Arabs that imposed and brought Islam.
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by olabowale(m): 1:09am On Oct 23, 2009
karma, a hindu idea. at least not a chrsitian idea. karma or no karma, you are a disbeliever and Islam is bound to be victorious.
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by wirinet(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2009
olabowale:

karma, a hindu idea. at least not a chrsitian idea. karma or no karma, you are a disbeliever and Islam is bound to be victorious.

Mr Olabowale, The word Karma was an eastern idea - both Hinduism and Buddhism, but the concept is a universal concept. It was incorporated into Christianity (although it was not called Karma), but the new testament contains the verse " You shall reap what you sow". That is Karma.

Besides Christianity was formulated from a fusion of Roman Pagan beliefs, Judaism and a some middle eastern and far eastern doctrines. Meanwhile Islam is just Plagiarism of Christianity, it was an opposition to Christianity, to stop the Europeans from conquering and colonizing the middle east. Their holy book the Koran depends on the assumption that you must have read the bible, because it would be difficult to understand it without having a background information from the bible. In fact the practice of Islam today was very similar to the Early Catholic Church with the exception of Idols, images and saints. The rights were very similar, Bowing and Kneeling on the floor (there were not chairs then), counting of Rosary, Lent (ramadan), even the way the women dress were similar.
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by mazaje(m): 10:03am On Oct 23, 2009
wirinet:

Mr Olabowale, The word Karma was an eastern idea - both Hinduism and Buddhism, but the concept is a universal concept. It was incorporated into Christianity (although it was not called Karma), but the new testament contains the verse " You shall reap what you sow". That is Karma.

Besides Christianity was formulated from a fusion of Roman Pagan beliefs, Judaism and a some middle eastern and far eastern doctrines. Meanwhile Islam is just Plagiarism of Christianity, it was an opposition to Christianity, to stop the Europeans from conquering and colonizing the middle east. Their holy book the Koran depends on the assumption that you must have read the bible, because it would be difficult to understand it without having a background information from the bible. In fact the practice of Islam today was very similar to the Early Catholic Church with the exception of Idols, images and saints. The rights were very similar, Bowing and Kneeling on the floor (there were not chairs then), counting of Rosary, Lent (ramadan), even the way the women dress were similar.

You have very well sumed it up. . . .
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
I read some stuff a coupla pages back 'bout the justification of the bible vis a vis prophecies of the old testament, the time gaps between the utterance and fulfilment, and the structure thereof.
And another paragraph or two pertaining to the randomness or otherwise of the known universe.

Now I know I'm gonna piss a lot of people (creationists and evolutionists) off by saying this, but please, take your comments, and stick it where the sun don't shine.

There are billions of people on earth - there might be more on an undiscovered planet north-west of Pandora, we don't know - all we do know (most of us anyway), is that every Lashonda and Latoya's got a right to live life free of stress. And if belief in and laying of offerings to certain fungi helps them achieve it - as long as belief in said fungus doesn't drive them to intentionally (or otherwise) cause harm (mental, physical, emotional, social) to another, multo bene! In that vein also, they shouldn't tell (read: yell at) others that anything but their way leads to an after-lifetime of damnation.

Religion should be about peace and co-existence. Anything other than that and we are no better than carnivores.

That said, it doesn't mean that religion gets it right all the time (see Galileo v. The Catholic Church).
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 20, 2013
SimonAndal: I read some stuff a coupla pages back 'bout the justification of the bible vis a vis prophecies of the old testament, the time gaps between the utterance and fulfilment, and the structure thereof.
And another paragraph or two pertaining to the randomness or otherwise of the known universe.

Now I know I'm gonna piss a lot of people (creationists and evolutionists) off by saying this, but please, take your comments, and stick it where the sun don't shine.

There are billions of people on earth - there might be more on an undiscovered planet north-west of Pandora, we don't know - all we do know (most of us anyway), is that every Lashonda and Latoya's got a right to live life free of stress. And if belief in and laying of offerings to certain fungi helps them achieve it - as long as belief in said fungus doesn't drive them to intentionally (or otherwise) cause harm (mental, physical, emotional, social) to another, multo bene! In that vein also, they shouldn't tell (read: yell at) others that anything but their way leads to an after-lifetime of damnation.

Religion should be about peace and co-existence. Anything other than that and we are no better than carnivores.

That said, it doesn't mean that religion gets it right all the time (see Galileo v. The Catholic Church).
_
Re: What If Christianity Was A Sham? by FXKing2012(m): 8:33am On Jan 20, 2013
babaearly: Guys what will you be? what will the world be? if we later found out that Christianity was a sham! that the gospels were craftily written and selected to blend alltogether? that Jesus actually had sex with Mary Magdalene? or he never existed at all? and that all was just hyper rated stuff to combat judaism or islam?
I think everyone will be messed up!
What if you are a sham!
The devil is trying to use you to plant the seed of doubt in Christians by sending subliminal messages coated with lies from hell.

And what if Christianity was true after all and you find yourself and all the other atheists and unbelievers at the gate of hell waiting for your turn to get in where you will be tortured by worms, demons and fire before being transferred to the infamous Lake of Fire where you will burn for eternity.

YOU NEED DELIVERANCE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Believe In The Law Of Karma? / Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional: THE POWER OF CONFIDENCE / Is Jesus Christ The Messiah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.