Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1012476 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pepe1: 8:16pm On May 22, 2018
Tojued:

Noted. Never submitted mine though and have had no issues renewing.

Yes Ma'am, you are right. It is relatively new; actually one of the fall-outs of insurgency in Nigeria, and wouldn't apply to those who had their passports before the rule.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 8:18pm On May 22, 2018
I see that you have received enough answers. I just want to ask: You be lady? shocked
Tojued:
Guys please don't jump and pass and please don't refer me to page zero.

School received verification request by email. Can they respond by email? If response by email is possible why do we stress ourselves using courier?

Please help a sistah out. Have been asked by school to choose if I want them to respond by mail or by courier. ABSU to be specific. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 22, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 8:31pm On May 22, 2018
Thanks pepe1.
pepe1:

It's possible to get it for the person from the liason office but be ready to answer questions about her village, clan, automous community, king/community head.

Go with her passport photo and it costs between 2k to 5k depending on the state.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 22, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Are you a prophet? Lol grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 22, 2018
Newmum0615:

She is a lady na. cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 8:42pm On May 22, 2018
I am sufficiently shooketh
GlitteringStar:

She is a lady na. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 22, 2018
Newmum0615:

grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 8:45pm On May 22, 2018
mcstan18:

From my post, I suggested a confirmation from CIC and not a "trial-or-error" venture. Believe me, if anyone should know the application of that PRA, I am one. I'm sure you also read the part where he/she made mention of people known by him/her who successfully used 100% of their PF. All we need do is test the veracity of that information and have the matter effectively rested, rather than wave it all off. Mind you, we've been acting on this based on our prudent interpretations (which is fine by me anyways), and not subtle confirmations.

Oga Mcstan and English be 5 & 6.I just love reading your posts. grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadatlast: 8:53pm On May 22, 2018
mcstan18:

Inasmuch as we're all trying to be careful with our representations to the Canadian authorities, and having read through Canadatlast's argument, I think he/she has a valid point. Let's be objective about this, the money still legally belongs to you except that there is a timeline to accessing it. If one can use 25% that he isn't even authorized to have access to (since most people usually continue in employment until they're finally ready to jet out), one should be able to successfully lay claim to the isolated 75%.

The most it would cost is a confirmation of some sort from CIC concerning this PF matter. If the response comes out favourable, then we just might have unearthed an information goldmine to the benefit of many here who have been struggling with PoF. Let's not just dismiss this by the wave of the hand please. There is no information that is not power.

I couldn't have written this better.
NB: I can do without it but for crying out loud Nigeria is hard and not everyone is wealthy. I remember almost hugging the Boss at the Canadian Embassy when she said I could use it. It was like a lottery I won because I really needed it.
This wouldn't hurt me so much if I didn't confirm and if I didn't know of anyone who used it.
I'll do them an email today or tomorrow and take a screenshot of whatever response I get. I'll advice others who are free to visit their embassy and send emails(Please don't start stating % they should tell you that if necessary). If it's illegal to use the 100%, it's also illegal to use 25% because it's not available at time of application same reason we can't use equity on real estate.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 8:55pm On May 22, 2018
Newmum0615:
I see that you have received enough answers. I just want to ask: You be lady? shocked

Hahahaha. ABSU don make me jabo today. The wind have blow and open the fowl n*ash cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 8:59pm On May 22, 2018
pepe1:

Yes Ma'am, you are right. It is relatively new; actually one of the fall-outs of insurgency in Nigeria, and wouldn't apply to those who had their passports before the rule.

It's a good news. I like when little things improve.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ize1: 9:00pm On May 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 9:00pm On May 22, 2018
PPR18:
ABSU responded via mail for my brother and it was accepted.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 22, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Are you a prophet? Lol grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:03pm On May 22, 2018
Seriously, I'm shocked. Lol.
Tojued:

Hahahaha. ABSU don make me jabo today. The wind have blow and open the fowl n*ash cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Jamezy4u: 9:13pm On May 22, 2018
Hi House,

This question goes to experienced family folks in the house please especially those that have applied from abroad as a student.

When you are requested to submit evidence of legal residence in a foreign country apart from the country of origin. I know VISA need be submitted BUT

My question is: DO THEY ALSO NEED COPY OF VALID I-20 (USA) OR CAS (UK) in addition to the Valid Visa?

A family member is in USA currently for a master program but having an issue with funds to continue. If he stops, he will go out of status as a student, which means he is to come back to Nigeria.

we are now considering instead of coming back, he could apply to EE and when given and after sometimes, he could go back to USA and complete the master.

The problem now is, If stop schooling, his I-20 will become invalid before say when EE will request document but his visa will still be valid till July 2019 before when his EE case might have been decided on possibly.

Please advice!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:21pm On May 22, 2018
Me 2 and Me 3

Newmum0615:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:28pm On May 22, 2018
Somebody said that people who overstayed on their visas have gotten FBI PCC before, seriously trying to remember the moniker, this was like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

The only challenge I forsee is, if he does LOE to say he dropped out because of funds, would it not seem somehow when he presents evidence of settlement fund? It may look like "why did he not just use that to finish his education?".

Also, what qualifications does he have? Will he have enough points to get ITA? Has he explored the option of requesting for tuition fee extension from the school? Has he exhausted all other options of finishing his school? Please consider all options.

All will be well. I am sorry about his situation

Jamezy4u:
Hi House,

This question goes to experienced family folks in the house please especially those that have applied from abroad as a student.

When you are requested to submit evidence of legal residence in a foreign country apart from the country of origin. I know VISA need be submitted BUT

My question is: DO THEY ALSO NEED COPY OF VALID I-20 (USA) OR CAS (UK) in addition to the Valid Visa?

A family member is in USA currently for a master program but having an issue with funds to continue. If he stops, he will go out of status as a student, which means he is to come back to Nigeria.

we are now considering instead of coming back, he could apply to EE and when given and after sometimes, he could go back to USA and complete the master.

The problem now is, If stop schooling, his I-20 will become invalid before say when EE will request document but his visa will still be valid till July 2019 before when his EE case might have been decided on possibly.

Please advice!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 9:31pm On May 22, 2018
Newmum0615:
Seriously, I'm shocked. Lol.
smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 9:31pm On May 22, 2018
mcstan18:

Inasmuch as we're all trying to be careful with our representations to the Canadian authorities, and having read through Canadatlast's argument, I think he/she has a valid point. Let's be objective about this, the money still legally belongs to you except that there is a timeline to accessing it. If one can use 25% that he isn't even authorized to have access to (since most people usually continue in employment until they're finally ready to jet out), one should be able to successfully lay claim to the isolated 75%.

Much as I agree that Nigeria is hard and getting the pof is not easy for most people, I would argue that claiming 100% of the pension funds borders on dishonesty!

The CIC clearly states that it is expected that the funds are readily available to you (and for good reason) and the truth is you really only have access to 25% of the funds.

It is not a matter of "oversabi" it is a matter of speaking the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:49pm On May 22, 2018
Is 25% available to you at the time of applying for PR?
The answer is NO. So I disagree with your point.

Fyorgyn:

Much as I agree that Nigeria is hard and getting the pof is not easy for most people, I would argue that claiming 100% of the pension funds borders on dishonesty!

The CIC clearly states that it is expected that the funds are readily available to you (and for good reason) and the truth is you really only have access to 25% of the funds.

It is not a matter of "oversabi" it is a matter of speaking the truth.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deesmama: 10:05pm On May 22, 2018
I once asked leadway pensure if 100 percent PF can be withdrawn upon relocation out of the country,the response was yes.I guess peeps are just trying to play safe and avoid stories that touch the armpit..

mcstan18:

From my post, I suggested a confirmation from CIC and not a "trial-or-error" venture. Believe me, if anyone should know the application of that PRA, I am one. I'm sure you also read the part where he/she made mention of people known by him/her who successfully used 100% of their PF. All we need do is test the veracity of that information and have the matter effectively rested, rather than wave it all off. Mind you, we've been acting on this based on our prudent interpretations (which is fine by me anyways), and not subtle confirmations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by deesmama: 10:07pm On May 22, 2018
I suspected though.. Toju sounds feminine

Tojued:

smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Joyce2020: 10:37pm On May 22, 2018
Please has anyone written ielts exams at Enugu center and how was the atmosphere? I haven't received a mail with the venue address from BC and my exam is on the 2nd of June. Please who has an idea about the venue and the general atmosphere?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by flosk: 10:52pm On May 22, 2018
I am not a kill joy but will like to state this concerning the pof matter.

The reason for asking for pof is for a Canadian immigrant to have SOMETHING to fall back on when He/she gets to canada especially in circumstances where it is difficult to get a job.

I have personally accessed my 25% pension 3years ago and according to the law, the remaining 75% cannot be collected until retirement age.

So it is difficult to access the whole 100% even if one leaves Nigeria.

Check out the excerpts from the 2014 Nigeria pension law

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by donrabii: 10:57pm On May 22, 2018
Joyce2020:
Please has anyone written ielts exams at Enugu center and how was the atmosphere? I haven't received a mail with the venue address from BC and my exam is on the 2nd of June. Please who has an idea about the venue and the general atmosphere?

Nike Lake Resort (Protea Hotel) . It's quite conducive
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ednut1(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by enocoded4life(f): 11:05pm On May 22, 2018
Osaze007:

Hello, please can I have your email so we can discuss further.

Yes you can send a mail to enocoded4life@yahoo.com.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nekdr: 11:22pm On May 22, 2018
Please does anyone have any contacts for transcript processing at Delta state University Abraka. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.