Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998816 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Sthill5: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2018
coolangel54:
I AM CURRENTLY NOT HAPPY CHA CHA. First attempt with IDP
L 7.5
W 7.0
S 7.5
R 8.5
With this score, I stand at 414 with spouse unaccompanying and with spouse accompany, its 388. With an 8 in listening, its 445. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. I cant do two or more certificates cos I have a masters, the only option now is a PhD which I never even start sef. Lemme go to the Canada students group to see how it is done- trying all options here though. Make I gather money to see if I can re-sit the IELTS again

I feel your pain but you can't give up.
In my opinion, I think you should pursue the PhD admission and rewrite ielts. Perhaps at PHC instead of travelling down to Lagos again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 15, 2018
IELTS ehn, smh. My friend's result just demoralized us this morning.
First Attempt: LRWS 7.5,7,7,8.5
2nd attempt:8.5,8.5,6.5,7.5.
I suggested a remark for writing, she said no, and she says she doesn't want to rewrite either(maybe its the disappointment that is still talking). She seems to be in a funk and i don't know what to do or say to bring her out of it. And money for remark no be here. Apologies if i have written incoherently. I'm just super pissed and disappointed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bronze25(f): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2018
Please has anyone ever had an upgrade in reading. I was very sure of reading but am surprised that I got 6.5. Am considering a remark, kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 30watts: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2018
Please is there missing result in ielts again? I wrote with MOD on 2 June 2018 been checking since midnight, nothing...I assume the passport number indicated is my official Nigerian password, please is this correct?

Maybe I am just anxious.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Chrisdada16(f): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2018
timbabng:
First IELTS attempt
MOD June 2nd
Overall band : 8.0
Listening : 8.5 Reading : 8.5 Writing : 7.5 Speaking : 7.5
Glory be to God.

please what is the difference between MOD and BC and how can I register for MoD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 10:35am On Jun 15, 2018
fizzile:
Hey guys, 1. Can BSc and my PGD be added under personal history?

Personal history should have all your activities for the last 10 years. All. Read and follow the instructions the form is giving you.

2. What and what can be added to the personal history?

My answer to number one.

3. What activity does NYSC fall under? Is it Government or employed? Can it be added to personal history too?

General advice on this thread is that government should be avoided as it triggers extra checks.

4. Where can i find the application "checklist"?

When you've completed the forms and there's no pending question anywhere, you'll press continue and your checklist / placeholder will arrive.

5. Lastly, at what point will i find the placeholders?

Answer to number four

Answers embedded.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ploff: 10:39am On Jun 15, 2018
Just checked. 2nd attempt LRWS - 8.5,8.5,6.5,7.5
1st attempt was LRWS - 7.5,8.5,7.5,7.5. cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dialinn: 10:40am On Jun 15, 2018
bellong:

If you are confident of your writing, you can request a remark.

Hello, this is exactly same case with mine. Got L 8.5, R 9, S 8, W 7. June 2 IELTS (2nd attempt). Definitely sure i did better than a 7 in writing and may just ask for EOR. In every thing, i am still grateful to God.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2018
bellong:

Tuale boss! smiley wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 30watts: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2018
Guys thanks for the encouragement when I was ranting about section 2 and 3 of the listening tests....

Anxiety and fear made me select computer based tests and use old passport number when I was trying to view my result...

Finally sha God don do am

Listening - 9.0
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 8.0

First attempt MOD..2 June 2018

God is good.......

30watts:
Please is there missing result in ielts again? I wrote with MOD on 2 June 2018 been checking since midnight, nothing...I assume the passport number indicated is my official Nigerian password, please is this correct?

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by coolangel54(f): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2018
Thank you my brother. If I am to write with IDP again, it will be in PH butwith BC it will be in Benin. I just sent my result to hubby now, he never even reply me sef. GOD HELP US ALL. How I wish that 7.5 can turn to 8, embarassed embarassed
Sthill5:

I feel your pain but you can't give up.
In my opinion, I think you should pursue the PhD admission and rewrite ielts. Perhaps at PHC instead of travelling down to Lagos again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by coolangel54(f): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2018
A SUPER CONGRATS TO YOU
30watts:
Guys thanks for the encouragement when I was ranting about section 2 and 3 of the listening tests....

Anxiety and fear made me select computer based tests and use old passport number when I was trying to view my result...

Listening - 9.0
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 8.0

God is good.......

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by JJJV: 10:59am On Jun 15, 2018
30watts:

Same here o, I can't seem to view my results
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by babs4090(m): 11:00am On Jun 15, 2018
My wife’s IELTS score is: LSRW, 7.5,6.5,6.5,6.5
With this, our CRS stands at 360.
Now I have the following questions to ask.

1. Can we create a profile and go into the pool with this score while she attempt IELTS again?
2. With the score, are we eligible to apply for a PNP?
3. What is the difference between BC and IDP? I have heard IDP is better as their success rate is better compared with BC, how true?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2018
30watts:

Listening - 9.0
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 8.0

God is good.......

Please what is the different btw BC and MOD Ielts..

And what is the best material for practicing Ielts, I will be glad to get any useful online material or link for practicing Ielts..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 15, 2018
rchilee:
5th attempt
8,8,6.5,8.5....LRWS
I guess I can try a remark this time

Eeya. So sorry about your score. Try to request for a remark. It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by JJJV: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2018
JJJV:

Same here o, I can't seem to view my results

I have just seen it o, the worst results I have ever gotten from ielts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by rchilee: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Eeya. So sorry about your score. Try to request for a remark. It will end in praise.

Thank you sis

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bxcode(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2018
My results, first attempt
L7.5
R6.5
W7
S7.5
Shocked with my score in reading, it was the easiest for me that day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 11:18am On Jun 15, 2018
mcstan18:

1. Yes. If you have an MSc and also evaluated it.
2. Basically other information relating to work, education, etc. which you didn't claim points for.
3. Employed. Can it be added to personal history? See 2 above.
4. You can generate most documents you desire from this document generator
5. After you're done filling up your forms. Placeholders will be generated as they apply to the information provided by you. Keep going.
Thanks thanks. This info was really helpful. I'm grateful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by PlanofGod: 11:21am On Jun 15, 2018
Maxxyfruit:

An excerpt from one of your posts ... " my visa was revoked cos I used B1/B2 visa for child birth and made use of some insurance during child birth" .

Two issues I've identified. (1) Use of B1/B2 visa for childbirth (2) insurance debt

For No. 1, well, it might not be much of an issue ( could be an emergency delivery for all i care smiley) if No.2 is dealt with.

It is contradictory to be indebted and claim you have the required POF. It would be better to pay up your debt because POF is such a crucial requirement in this process . CIC also requires that you state any outstanding debt.

Where you explicitly state what you owe US gov't in insurance in your application without redeeming such, it counters your POF and when slashed against POF (assuming reviewing officer is lenient enough to do so) , you're short of POF requirement. On the other hand, being coy about the debt, may land you into misrepresentation because they'd definitely know.

To be honest, take your time and pay the debt no matter how painstaking it might be . Failure of which, might raise the issue of insolvency (and credibility, if I may add) of PA.

Cheers!

@Maxxyfruit, please I know you are very busy now, but please I need your help with the above quoted information from @blessings2017: How will Canada immigration know that you owe US insurance? Except this is declared in your application, I find it hard to see how Canada can know such a private information. For the exception that you used a US bank statement that highlights this debt, or they enquire specifically from relevant authorities if you owe insurance debt in relation to you declaring the US revoked visa issue (this is subject to the condition that you gave US insurance debt as one of the reasons for visa revocation, otherwise I see no justification for such enquiries).

Please, examine my take on this issue, and let me know what you think, and the way out of this if you've found any? Also, you can reconnect with @blessings2017 and let's brainstorm all these scenarios. Thank you for your time, and best wishes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 11:21am On Jun 15, 2018
Tojued:

Answers embedded.
You toomuch abeg. Inshort i owe you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2018
You mean it took over 8 months to get the nomination? shocked
katyamizotta:

Over 8 months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 30watts: 11:39am On Jun 15, 2018
BC - British Council

MOD - MOD Education

It's the same ielts exam but different organisers.

Send me a PM i'll send the materials I got with you, although I barely used it.

OBYNOWEST12:

And what is the best material for practicing Ielts, I will be glad to get any useful online material or link for practicing Ielts..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2018
Congratulations to all the IELTS acers. To those that didn't quite make it, keep pushing on. Eyes on the prize.

Eid El Fitr to our Muslim brothers and sisters here. Happy celebration.

Have a nice day people.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tippex(f): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2018
Big congrats all those who aced their ielts!

I will like to make a suggestion for those who consistently have a 6.5 in writing. Get someone who has written ielts and passed writing to help you read your practise tests. It's possible you make mistakes in your spellings and don't use the punctuation marks correctly.

I am not a pro or an efico cos I wrote ielts 4 times and passed at my 4th attempt and I had 7 in writing the four times I wrote the exam.

I tried this method with a friend and we found out that she got a lot of spellings wrong and her use of punctuation mark was not accurate. I also advised her to make a conscious effort to write legibly cos it was tough reading her essays.

She applied all these and she had a 7 in writing after 3 attempts.

Guys you can't give up now, just take a step back and try and observe where you need to improve and practice practice and practice. I checked my ielts listening jotter recently and realized that I practiced about 35 test questions.

Do not be discouraged, You can do it!!!

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
codebrew85:
You mean it took over 8 months to get the nomination? shocked
Sth is not right.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
OBYNOWEST12:

The difference is not much outside the cost. Folks, work on your writing ability, parts of speech and others! All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hey Guys.Where do I get the Schedule A form o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello guys, so after all series of session of my heart jumping into my mouth shocked while inserting my details to view results but getting error messages, it turns out that I had been omitting a digit of my passport number. Lolz

I have been able to view it eventually and I guess I underestimated WRITING based on my previous attempt- LRSW 6.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5

June 2 result- LRSW 7.5, 8.5, 7, 6.5 More preparation needed I guess

Congrats to all who aced the test

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
You sha want to take over from jemulsboy abi?
LOL

luffyhaki:
Hey Guys.Where do I get the Schedule A form o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by coolangel54(f): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
IT WILL END IN PRAISE THOUGH, YOU SAW MINE NA. L 7.5, all I needed was an 8.
SegunWamiri:
Hello guys, so after all series of session of my heart jumping into my mouth shocked while inserting my details to view results but getting error messages, it turns out that I had been omitting a digit of my passport number. Lolz

I have been able to view it eventually and I guess I underestimated WRITING based on my previous attempt- LRSW 6.5, 6.5, 7.5, 7

June 2 result- LRSW 7.5, 8.5, 7, 6.5 More preparation needed I guess

Congrats to all who aced the test

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.