Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,715 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998980 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bloggerina18: 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2018
Gurus in the house pls help. I put in my ielts result L8, S 8.5, R8, W7 and its giving me 122/150 in first official language proficiency. What could be the reason abeg?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2018
coolangel54:
IT WILL END IN PRAISE THOUGH, YOU SAW MINE NA. L 7.5, all I needed was an 8.
Yeah, I did. All is well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by coolangel54(f): 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2018
Can't you check your IELTS results after checking it for the first time? I can't check mine again as they are saying results cannot be displayed at the moment. Let it be what I am thinking o. grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nekdr: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
The ielts results for writing sitting at 6.5 for most people is really devastating.
My advice is that you study and apply certain keywords when writing either your essay or letter . Well it worked for me so I think it will help.
Like is important not to mix informal and formal languages like making apologies informally you will say (I am sorry about) while formally you will say (please accept my apology or I do like to apologize) I think they look out for phrases like this so if possible learn the phrases in cases of complains, apologizes and other areas of ielts letters.learn how to open and close a letter (I am writing to complain, I trust the situation will improve) Read as much ielts essays and letters you can come across and practice writing them on your own before the day of your exam.
For essays certain phrases are looked out for like linking words like however, furthermore and how to state your points like firstly, secondly, in addition and so on. For andriod users try and search for ielts writing ideas app on your playstore it helped me a lot with ideas on most of ielts essays.Ensure you do a word count your words can't be less than the required amount

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
ysteph:
You sha want to take over from jemulsboy abi?
LOL

That's the plan...We go fill these forms together grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2018
coolangel54:
I AM CURRENTLY NOT HAPPY CHA CHA. First attempt with IDP
L 7.5
W 7.0
S 7.5
R 8.5
With this score, I stand at 414 with spouse unaccompanying and with spouse accompany, its 388. With an 8 in listening, its 445. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. I cant do two or more certificates cos I have a masters, the only option now is a PhD which I never even start sef. Lemme go to the Canada students group to see how it is done- trying all options here though. Make I gather money to see if I can re-sit the IELTS again

aww dear. please don't be discouraged. you know in this journey our motto is never give up. Please think about writing it again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oopsy(f): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
My people, I need info. Does anyone know the implications of applying with spouse unaccompanying... positive and negative....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2018
luffyhaki:
Hey Guys.Where do I get the Schedule A form o

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
Flaj:

Birth certificate of voth siblings showing the name of the mutual parent.
Car invoice isn't good enough as a utility bill; ask sibling for either lease agreement, phone bill, account statements... that must be not more than 6 months old.

We both do not have a birthcert and all other utilities u mentioned are in the wife's name.

What format of affidavit can we do to proof relationship.
Or should I do an attestation of birth for him in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MsLane: 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello All,
Who knows if i can evaluate my Professional Certificate from CIM UK to improve it to 2 degrees in combination with my Bsc?
Its just a professional certificate but takes a year to complete.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by coolangel54(f): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thanks dear, I am still contemplating, though my fund is not complete yet.
Ethelia:

aww dear. please don't be discouraged. you know in this journey our motto is never give up. Please think about writing it again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by souljaboi51(m): 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
hello all. i am new in this section. i did the ielts exam for the first time on the 2nd of june and i scored L7.5, R7.5, W7.0 S7.5. Overall score is 7.5 and my total points is 414.

so i have 2 questions, is my ielts score good enough? is my points score also good enough. or maybe is should rewrite the exam.

kindly help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2018
souljaboi51:
hello all. i am new in this section. i did the ielts exam for the first time on the 2nd of june and i scored L7.5, R7.5, W7.0 S7.5. Overall score is 7.5 and my total points is 414.

so i have 2 questions, is my ielts score good enough? is my points score also good enough. or maybe is should rewrite the exam.

kindly help

Rewrite. Last draw cut off was 451. It’s been in the 440s before then.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
I still haven’t been able to view my result.

To say that I’m pissed will be understating the way I’m currently feeling. MOD!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by souljaboi51(m): 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Rewrite. Last draw cut off was 451. It’s been in the 440s before then.

Thanks. Rewrite it is cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
Oopsy:
My people, I need info. Does anyone know the implications of applying with spouse unaccompanying... positive and negative....

From the little I know,the only seeming advantage may be higher CRS points but the downside is you would still provide POF, Medicals and PCC for the said spouse. You may also be asked the reason why spouse is unaccompanying and all that.

When spouse decides to migrate, you would have to go through the spousal sponsorship route and it takes a minimum of one year to conclude that process plus the stress involved.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oopsy(f): 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ok... Thanks dear. But does it affect him applying for visiting visa... So that at least he can visit...

veritas3:

From the little I know,the only seeming advantage may be higher CRS points but the downside is you would still provide POF, Medicals and PCC for the said spouse. You may also be asked the reason why spouse is unaccompanying and all that.

When spouse decides to migrate, you would have to go through the spousal sponsorship route and it take a minimum of one year to conclude that process plus the stress involved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2018
Oopsy:
Ok... Thanks dear. But does it affect him applying for visiting visa... So that at least he can visit...

I can't really say as with immigration, unforseeable changes are bound to occur.

Please check these links to know more about sponsorship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2018
If she's certain of what she wrote let him/her request for a remark.
BC remark time isn't encouraging though.
Sandydav:
IELTS ehn, smh. My friend's result just demoralized us this morning.
First Attempt: LRWS 7.5,7,7,8.5
2nd attempt:8.5,8.5,6.5,7.5.
I suggested a remark for writing, she said no, and she says she doesn't want to rewrite either(maybe its the disappointment that is still talking). She seems to be in a funk and i don't know what to do or say to bring her out of it. And money for remark no be here. Apologies if i have written incoherently. I'm just super pissed and disappointed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
vickyehi:
1.....how best can I show proof of relationship to a half sibling(same dad) who I am claiming points from when the person doesn't have a birth certificate?
2......is a car purchase invoice proof enough for presence in Canada? i.e as a utility bill

The Proof of Relationship to a Relative in Canada,
the Status of the Relative in Canada and the Residence Status of the Relative in Canada

Purpose: For validating the claim of and awarding points associated with having a relative in Canada, especially if the relative is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident

Document Requirements:

Applicants need to submit this document only if they indicate that they (or their spouse or common-law partner) have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen
The authorities would require the applicants to submit a copy of:
Both sides of the family member’s Canadian citizenship document
Canadian birth certificate and / or,
Permanent resident card
Similarly, the authorities would require that the applicant provides evidence that the family member resides in Canada currently
For this, the applicant would need to submit documents such as:
A residential lease
Mortgage documents
Utility bills
It is worth noting that the documents would need to be current to the six months prior to the submission of the application
Similarly, the applicant would also need to provide proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member
For this, the applicants would need to submit documents such as:
A birth certificate
An official document that names the applicant as a parent
A copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport that details the relative’s parents
The Individuals who would need to submit this documentation:

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner
Source: Citizenship and Immigration.

http://www.immigration.ca/the-proof-of-relationship-to-a-relative-in-canada/

Copied

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ninichinny: 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2018
How does one obtain deed of gift for pof ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2018
I think you can as long as they can generate transcripts with your grades
MsLane:
Hello All,
Who knows if i can evaluate my Professional Certificate from CIM UK to improve it to 2 degrees in combination with my Bsc?
Its just a professional certificate but takes a year to complete.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by tolfa(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ninichinny:
How does one obtain deed of gift for pof ?
you approach a lawyer or notary public or visit a high court with your draft copy as the case may be.... sample can be found on page 0 of this thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Foreverhopeful: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello Guys, As a newbie on this Canny journey, I'll say this is a fantastic thread with lots of information and experience to learn from. I'm more than convinced that I will share my testimony here.

All the seniors in the house, Please l hail oo...Thanks for sharing your experiences and taking out time to respond to enquiry.

Straight to the point, Age is a concern as such getting direct ITA seems herculean except last year repeat itself making PNP route the preferred option.

Following extensive research, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan are my target provinces.

NOC is 2171or 0125, don't mind attending information session.
I don't have any relative in Manitoba and don't mind if introduced to any one that can sponsor me (don't mind paying something).

I will continue to search for all possible ways to make this dream come through.

Nairalanders.....Please I need your assistance.

Looking forward to your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by v3: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
Struggling to get past 421 and they post a call-up mark of 451. cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 2busy: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ronards:
Hhhmmmm........ I don't even know how to start.

I give all glory to the almighty God, there surely is a God in heaven.

Towards the end of 2016, I looked at my kids n suddenly became scared for their future in this country. Spoke with my hubby n his reply was, "ki lawa fese bayi? Let's just be prayerful ". Hhhmmmm....... I don't think this man understands what I'm talking about. I lost hope for this country (sorry to say). We started praying " God, please have mercy on my family n do that which only u can do".

December 2016, I suddenly got a call from a family friend who I haven't spoken with for almost five years. He's a Canadian citizens based in Manitoba. He said n I quote
" se Nigeria to wa yen oti su e ni?"
I replied
"haaaa, oti su mi ooo but what can I do? "
Then he asked if I won't mind Canada n that was it ooooo
(really at that point, all I wanted was to leave this s******e of a country)

That same December, I applied for international passport. I didn't get it until January 2017

April 2017, I wrote ielts
LRWS: 7.5,7.5,6.5,7.5
Too low for direct Express Entry
Told me I have to go through PNP
What did I know? I was like anyhow, kin sa ti dey Canada.

So the journey to PNP started. Applied for Wes ECA n my transcript from OOU In May. OOU showed me pepper oooo didn't get transcript until August. To verify again took another one month.
Finally I got ECA n CxC evaluation in October 2017

Fast forward February 2018 after ITA we started looking for POF. Chai..... we suffer small ooooo I contemplated declining several times but my family friend was like if you decline, u are on ur own ooooo, he'll just take his hands of my application
Kamari!!! The struggle continued. Finally God helped us n we were able to sell off our landed property which led to bulk transfer of cash into our account.

Now na LOE we started to google how to write Loe n that was how I came across this wonderful thread with amazing people n large hearts (God bless u all) I copied my LOE from this thread can't remember the part n the name of the good person that posted it but it was in a tabular form. We prayed n fasted before we finally submitted our application im May 2018.

So house, here it is

My timeline

SINP Application : Jan 1 2018
SINP Nomination : Feb 6
ITA : Feb 7
AOR : May 7
MEDP : May 16
IP1 : May 17
IP2 : May 27
PPR : June 5

No ADRs,
No Travel history,
Family of four.

The Grace of God is sufficient for us.
Information is key.
It was God all the way.

For everyone waiting, God will perfect it all n ur testimonies are sure. God bless u all.

Congratulations ma'am
Please I want to find out to which address did you address your reference letter?

Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
gogedda:

Thanks for this. I will also consider getting a salary certificate as advised. I have the other documents you judged on hand already. Thanks alot

Gogedda have you gone for the interview?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
A little concern, guys. In stating the period of your study, which is most appropriate? From the year u started to the year u finished or from the year u started to the year the degree was awarded? I had a PGD in 2013 which was expected to be for just a year but submitted my thesis in 2015 and was awarded the degree in 2016. On my transcript, it was stated 2016 as the year the degree was awarded. Please what becomes of the study period? from 2013 to 2015 abiii from 2013 to 2016 and what becomes of the full academic year? cos i know this IRCC guys can be so meticulous. cc: mcstan18, tojued
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by katyamizotta: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2018
Elfmannisback:

8months? Averagely, isn't it 90days?

Oh I thought he meant how long after AOR.

It actually took a little over a month to get ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by katyamizotta: 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
ysteph:
Congratulations.
Was your profile created with spouse unaccompanying? Why the ADR for consent to allow child migrate? If yes, what reason did you give for spouse unaccompanying?

Spouse likes his job and is not prepared to leave currently, due to the benefits

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.