Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (998847 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
Makes sense.
katyamizotta:

Spouse likes his job and is not prepared to leave currently, due to the benefits
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by boundlessjoy: 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
OBYNOWEST12:

Please which material do you make used of ? because am currently using IELTS Liz's online material. I don't know if there's another useful material that u can suggest for me to use..

Seriously I have rated my capability am not too good with writing and speaking..

House I need suggestion on which material I can use to practice. I really want to improve.

Thanks.
Hi Obie, sorry for the belated response.
While preparing for my writing, I consulted both Liz and Jay depending on what I was looking for. I tried to tailor the writing to meet the band descriptors for a 9.
For part 1, I only had to understand the tone for each type of letter and their closing. For instance, not to sound overly formal or too informal in a semi-formal letter.
Part 2. For task achievement, I tried as much as possible to address the question even when I had other interesting but not so relevant things to write about. For each paragraph, I stated an idea/opinion, gave reasons for my opinion and gave an example. I think Jay taught this. I also tried to meet my word count.
Coherence and Cohesion: I gave each distinct idea a separate paragraph. Within each paragraph, I let my ideas (not sentences) dove-tail for the reader to better understand. I also made a robust use of connectors to connect my sentences.
Lexical Resource: I used compound sentences every chance I got and I learnt on ieltsliz how to punctuate them appropriately. Making compound sentences without proper punctuations may do more harm than good. I also tried to employ the language of the trade I was writing about. For instance, I could use the word “battalion” instead of “a group of soldiers “, “carbon emissions” instead of “releasing carbon into the atmosphere “ etc.
Grammatical Range and Accuracy: I used a couple of idiomatic expressions but only where they fit. I also tried to use more exotic than simple words, but I made sure not to sacrifice spelling on the alter of grandiloquence.

I can’t really discuss my speaking because I kept stuttering and speaking off the topic.

You will excel though.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bubuyaya2015: 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
vickyehi:

my take is that trad will fall under common law if both of you lived together for at least 1 year and had things in common ....eg a child, bank account, etc. also to the best of myknowledge there is no divorce process for common law partners. The LOE would suffice, and explain it was a traditional dowry payment( tone down the marriage word if u must) and show proof that it was also customarily dissolved as best as you can.

best of luck

Thank you. So its best I answer Yes then since I mentioned we were traditionally married when I applied for study visa. I cant even prove common law cos I cant prove we lived together cos my name wasn't on anything. No bank account but we have a child. I have also been taking care of my child from birth. paid for hospital bills and all myself. I will attach the dissolution letter and affidavit from dad.

Thank you for taking out your time to respond.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by AyeMayBe(f): 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hey,
I initially had the same difficulty even after changing my location. It turned out to be due to my network, although same network allowed me to fill other parts of the form ��‍♀️. It eventually went through. So, maybe you could check that too.

Newbeecey:
Yeah, i tried this later but the placeholder pop-up for UK still remained there, I even uploaded my naij PCC there in error and cant seem to remove it as I am required to replace it with another document. Dont know what I will do about that yet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bubuyaya2015: 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2018
vickyehi:

my take is that trad will fall under common law if both of you lived together for at least 1 year and had things in common ....eg a child, bank account, etc. also to the best of myknowledge there is no divorce process for common law partners. The LOE would suffice, and explain it was a traditional dowry payment( tone down the marriage word if u must) and show proof that it was also customarily dissolved as best as you can.

best of luck

What do you think of this?

I choose to answer "NO", because my traditional/customary marriage was not recorded or registered in the government marriage registry, and as such may not meet the IRCC or Canadian government definition of marriage.

"Marriage are recognized for immigration purposes if that marriage is legally recognized according to both the law of the place where the marriage occurred and under the Canadian law"--this is according to IRCC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bubuyaya2015: 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2018
boundlessjoy:

If you had not previously represented to them that you were once married, I would have suggested that you go with ”single” to avoid long explanations.
As it is, I think the two arms of the question should be read disjunctively in which case you should answer yes to being married before. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you were married under common law. You can always put in an LOE to explain that it was under native law and custom which neither grants a marriage certificate nor a divorce certificate.
HTH

What do you think of this?

I choose to answer "NO", because my traditional/customary marriage was not recorded or registered in the government marriage registry, and as such may not meet the IRCC or Canadian government definition of marriage.

"Marriage are recognized for immigration purposes if that marriage is legally recognized according to both the law of the place where the marriage occurred and under the Canadian law"--this is according to IRCC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
vickyehi:

We both do not have a birthcert and all other utilities u mentioned are in the wife's name.

What format of affidavit can we do to proof relationship.
Or should I do an attestation of birth for him in Nigeria?

Isn't there any bill / lease agreement/ bank staement that mentions both of them? You can use that and highlight his name. That's what I did for my sibling though she added her bank statement.

What have you been using in place of birth certificate? Did he mention you as a sibling in his application/ landing documentation?
An attestation of birth can be used if you both have it.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by babs4090(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ronards:
Hhhmmmm........ I don't even know how to start.

I give all glory to the almighty God, there surely is a God in heaven.

Towards the end of 2016, I looked at my kids n suddenly became scared for their future in this country. Spoke with my hubby n his reply was, "ki lawa fese bayi? Let's just be prayerful ". Hhhmmmm....... I don't think this man understands what I'm talking about. I lost hope for this country (sorry to say). We started praying " God, please have mercy on my family n do that which only u can do".

December 2016, I suddenly got a call from a family friend who I haven't spoken with for almost five years. He's a Canadian citizens based in Manitoba. He said n I quote
" se Nigeria to wa yen oti su e ni?"
I replied
"haaaa, oti su mi ooo but what can I do? "
Then he asked if I won't mind Canada n that was it ooooo
(really at that point, all I wanted was to leave this s******e of a country)

That same December, I applied for international passport. I didn't get it until January 2017

April 2017, I wrote ielts
LRWS: 7.5,7.5,6.5,7.5
Too low for direct Express Entry
Told me I have to go through PNP
What did I know? I was like anyhow, kin sa ti dey Canada.

So the journey to PNP started. Applied for Wes ECA n my transcript from OOU In May. OOU showed me pepper oooo didn't get transcript until August. To verify again took another one month.
Finally I got ECA n CxC evaluation in October 2017

Fast forward February 2018 after ITA we started looking for POF. Chai..... we suffer small ooooo I contemplated declining several times but my family friend was like if you decline, u are on ur own ooooo, he'll just take his hands of my application
Kamari!!! The struggle continued. Finally God helped us n we were able to sell off our landed property which led to bulk transfer of cash into our account.

Now na LOE we started to google how to write Loe n that was how I came across this wonderful thread with amazing people n large hearts (God bless u all) I copied my LOE from this thread can't remember the part n the name of the good person that posted it but it was in a tabular form. We prayed n fasted before we finally submitted our application im May 2018.

So house, here it is

My timeline

SINP Application : Jan 1 2018
SINP Nomination : Feb 6
ITA : Feb 7
AOR : May 7
MEDP : May 16
IP1 : May 17
IP2 : May 27
PPR : June 5

No ADRs,
No Travel history,
Family of four.

The Grace of God is sufficient for us.
Information is key.
It was God all the way.

For everyone waiting, God will perfect it all n ur testimonies are sure. God bless u all.

Congratulations!!!

Please I have a few questions I want to ask you.

I just started the process with my family too and we plan to make my wife the principal applicant cos of her age.

She took IELTS already scoring LRWS 7.5,6.5,6.5,6.5 and CRS now at 360.

My question now is, can we apply for PNP with this score while she attempt IELTS again?

Is the score good enough for PNP?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by funshobabs(m): 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone, plz can WES evaluate a diploma in French language from Nigerian French language village Badagry. Discoverd wifey has it ohh shocked , so am thinking if she can claim points with two or more certificates. She has B.ed in English Language and in process of evaluation with WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bizguru000: 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
Good Evening family,

A close friend of mine submitted her application today (AOR) but realised she forgot to include her deceased dad in the immediate family members section.She raised a CSE immediately after AOR today stating this was erroneously ommited and also included her deceased dad's relevant details in the CSE.

Should she withdraw the application from fear of misrepresentation?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by daaryour: 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
hello house, My POF is in my spouse's bank account, though am a signatory to this account.How do i prove i have access to the funds too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ij1000: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hi All,

Please I have a quick question. Can someone please give me a handout.. I just noticed that my express entry profile will expire in a few days is there a way I can renew it without having to start to fill it from the beginning all over again. I will appreciate your feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
funshobabs:
Hello everyone, plz can WES evaluate a diploma in French language from Nigerian French language village Badagry. Discoverd wifey has it ohh shocked , so am thinking if she can claim points with two or more certificates. She has B.ed in English Language and in process of evaluation with WES.
If she is the PA, let she do TEF instead.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2018
daaryour:
hello house, My POF is in my spouse's bank account, though am a signatory to this account.How do i prove i have access to the funds too?
Search the thread.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
daaryour:

Please go to your bank with your spouse and request for signature confirmation. Don't forget to go with a passport photograph for each of you as it will be placed on the letter and stamped.

This will show that you are both signatories to the account. You can also have your spouse write a letter authorising you to use the funds for POF purposes

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by nat138: 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
PlanofGod:

Please, examine my take on this issue, and let me know what you think, and the way out of this if you've found any? Also, you can reconnect with @blessings2017 and let's brainstorm all these scenarios. Thank you for your time, and best wishes.

Just to add my 2 cents, debt is not such a private matter as you think it is. Your debtor is always on the look out for how to recover owned monies therefore will not hesitate to supply your information to organizations that require such.
For starters why do you think there is a request for travel history and police certificates? Supplying your travel history to any org/person is giving them express permission to scrutinize your activities while in said countries. You will be surprised what information will come up if the debtor Google searches their name. Also best to declare these things before any further issues arises. I will also give advise that was given to OP, - clear the debt.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
Finally, result is out.

2nd IELTS
L-9
R-9
S-8
W-7

1st IELTS
L-8
R-8
S-8
W-7

I’m wondering if I should go the remark route.
7.5 in writing gets me to 443, this new score puts me at 440.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:
Finally, result is out.

2nd IELTS
L-9
R-9
S-8
W-7

1st IELTS
L-8
R-8
S-8
W-7

Remark. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2018
fizzile:
A little concern, guys. In stating the period of your study, which is most appropriate? From the year u started to the year u finished or from the year u started to the year the degree was awarded? I had a PGD in 2013 which was expected to be for just a year but submitted my thesis in 2015 and was awarded the degree in 2016. On my transcript, it was stated 2016 as the year the degree was awarded. Please what becomes of the study period? from 2013 to 2015 abiii from 2013 to 2016 and what becomes of the full academic year? cos i know this IRCC guys can be so meticulous. cc: mcstan18, tojued

Not sure.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pcachuks(f): 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pcachuks(f): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2018
I don't agree, remarking takes 3 months to come out and it is very possible that in three months which is = 6 draws, that the score might drop to 440. Best for you wait and hope. Besides score increase in writing is not guaranteed!!!

Reasonabledoubt:
Finally, result is out.

2nd IELTS
L-9
R-9
S-8
W-7

1st IELTS
L-8
R-8
S-8
W-7

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2018
pcachuks:
I don't agree, remarking takes 3 months to come out and it is very possible that in three months which is = 6 draws, that the score might drop to 440. Best for you wait and hope. Besides score increase in writing is not guaranteed!!!

I wrote with MOD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by katyamizotta: 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

Please where do I submit my passports in Nigeria?
Do I need to physically go to the VFS office in Lekki?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
katyamizotta:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

Please where do I submit my passports in Nigeria?
Do I need to physically go to the VFS office in Lekki?
If u are in Nigeria, yes.. Go to lekki. If you are not in Nigeria, communicate with IRCC or whoever is in charge now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by olamitayo: 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thanks for the clarification.
chizilulu:

Find below an excerpt from a PPR mail. There is actually no vfs centre specified to submit your passports. The things i forsee as issues (not big ones anyway) are: 1. Your passports will not be submitted as one application which i expect the visa officer to handle. 2. Your passport processing will be on hold until they get all the passports from that application because it should be treated as one application...(my opinion). I suggest you contact the visa office in Accra for clarification.

YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S)

As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC.

Please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the

“Passport Transmission Services” section.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by olamitayo: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello guys,

I am trying to know where my application is being processed. can anyone help with that? I have sent mail with my application detail to cic.ottawa..... but i keep getting an auto response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:
Finally, result is out.

2nd IELTS
L-9
R-9
S-8
W-7

1st IELTS
L-8
R-8
S-8
W-7

Wait for some 3-4 draws and watch, you may be lucky, cutoff may crash and favour you at 440.

If after the wait, the cutoff doesn't come down to 440 and below, you may then initiate an EOR hustle.

I am a live example of your scenario.. my friend, in this journey, no hurry ooo, just follow the 3 Ps- Prayer, Patience and Perseverance

...and it will end in praise IJN!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
bellong:

If you are confident of your writing, you can request a remark.

The Boss is here!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
MsLane:
Hello All,
Who knows if i can evaluate my Professional Certificate from CIM UK to improve it to 2 degrees in combination with my Bsc?
Its just a professional certificate but takes a year to complete.

Please go ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 11:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
fizzile:
A little concern, guys. In stating the period of your study, which is most appropriate? From the year u started to the year u finished or from the year u started to the year the degree was awarded? I had a PGD in 2013 which was expected to be for just a year but submitted my thesis in 2015 and was awarded the degree in 2016. On my transcript, it was stated 2016 as the year the degree was awarded. Please what becomes of the study period? from 2013 to 2015 abiii from 2013 to 2016 and what becomes of the full academic year? cos i know this IRCC guys can be so meticulous. cc: mcstan18, tojued

End date has got to be the date on your certificate. In this case, it's 2016. It doesn't matter if the program was billed to run for 1 calendar year. If you do not meet the full requirements for the award of such a degree/diploma, you're not leaving at the end of the initially proposed time. So, it's safer to go for 2013-2016

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
TEECANN:
Wait for some 3-4 draws and watch, you may be lucky, cutoff may crash and favour you at 440.

If after the wait, the cutoff doesn't come down to 440 and below, you may then initiate an EOR hustle.

...and it will end in praise IJN!

By which time the window period for EOR application would've been exceeded. I think it's safe for him to apply for a remark now.

@Reasonabledoubt, what's your profile creation date?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.