Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (999069 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fav444(f): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2018
konti:

Are u serious?, pls do u know of someone who got his/her remark under 2weeks??...The thought of the wait has been tearing me apart...lol..

Going for a remark is a win - win situation for you. I strongly encourage you to try it immediately. Don't just wait hoping for CRS to crash. You can tick speaking and writing just to increase ur chances of getting back ur 45k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sleekchic(f): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have been away from the platform partly cos of frustration, hubby and I wrote IELTS for the first time Jan 6 this year, I passed at one sitting but he had to write it 4 times (being the PA) to eventually pass yesterday (Glory to God) we are now sitting at 440.with the tie breaker tin I am getting a little apprehensive and want to enter the pool immediately. We have seen his TRF number on the online result but the date of release of test results isn't online.
So should we choose 15th of June as the release date,will we be able to edit that bit after we enter the pool? Or we should just wait till Tuesday as painful as that might be.

PS:Hubby loses 5points for age in about 3 weeks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Gracemama: 8:24am On Jun 16, 2018
bababode825:
It is still on but we do not have a venue. If we can get a venue or if u can assist with one, then we can have 2-3 sessions.

If not, I am sorry there is nothing I can do.

Please understand

i pray you get a venue asap. please remember to add me wen you do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Mightyrush(m): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2018
Congratulations to those who smashed their IELTS. For those studyi6and praying to God for a breakthrough in IELTS, Keep hope alive press on.

How can I be a part of the WhatsApp group for those who clinched ITA on June 13, 2018. If there is any of auch group, kindly work me through the process of being a part.

Thank you guys

Cc: TEECANN, Newmumm, glitteringstar, ysteph etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kmgb: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:
Finally, result is out.

2nd IELTS
L-9
R-9
S-8
W-7

1st IELTS
L-8
R-8
S-8
W-7

I’m wondering if I should go the remark route.
7.5 in writing gets me to 443, this new score puts me at 440.

Congrats,this is coming from someone that has been on 440 since January without ITA,pls GO FOR A REMARK,I wish I did!,had about same result with u,more so it's IDP, EOR should come out faster.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Joyce2020: 9:34am On Jun 16, 2018
You do not necessarily have to attend classes to up your score if you devote time to self study. Practise is key and lots of test questions can be found on good sites like ielts Liz, ( she helped me a lot in writing), jay on YouTube for the speaking test, and majinta on YouTube .
Using adequate and appropriate vocabulary in writing and speaking is so important. I learnt most of it from Tony ielts box on youtube . I highly recommend his youtube channel with link below.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg2ZmlOvuIuXcdnGaYW0bhQ

Wish you the very best.

bamigboye27:
Good morning great people. Please I need your advice, I took IELTS for the first time in April and I had LRSW 8.5/6/7.5/6. I need to up my scores in reading and writing, I need your advice please, must I go for IELTS coaching before I can up the scores or there are other ways? I have registered against August and I want to give it all it takes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 9:44am On Jun 16, 2018
wizean:
Sure, I will give dem an epistle of explanation grin what do u mean how many years am claiming? U mean work experience?

Yeah i mean work experience. Was thinking of something, don't you think it will be somehow if your full time work of 40hrs per week comes same period you did a full time programme

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 9:47am On Jun 16, 2018
sleekchic:
Hello everyone,

So should we choose 15th of June as the release date,will we be able to edit that bit after we enter the pool? Or we should just wait till Tuesday as painful as that might be.

You ought to have created the profile with your first set of IELTS results and ECA. Anyway, you should do that now and update the release date field after you receive your TRF. You may also choose to create with any of the older ones and update the record later with the new information.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sleekchic(f): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2018
mcstan18:

You ought to have created the profile with your first set of IELTS results and ECA. Anyway, you should do that now and update the release date field after you receive your TRF. You may also choose to create with any of the older ones and update the record later with the new information.

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2018
sleekchic:
Hello everyone,

I have been away from the platform partly cos of frustration, hubby and I wrote IELTS for the first time Jan 6 this year, I passed at one sitting but he had to write it 4 times (being the PA) to eventually pass yesterday (Glory to God) we are now sitting at 440.with the tie breaker tin I am getting a little apprehensive and want to enter the pool immediately. We have seen his TRF number on the online result but the date of release of test results isn't online.

PS:Hubby loses 5points for age in about 3 weeks
If it was June 02, 2018..choose June 14, 2018.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sleekchic(f): 10:06am On Jun 16, 2018
Elfmannisback:

If it was June 02, 2018..choose June 14, 2018.

OK, thanks alot. Yes it was 2nd June
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 10:28am On Jun 16, 2018
LOL. I have no idea.

Mightyrush:
Congratulations to those who smashed their IELTS. For those studyi6and praying to God for a breakthrough in IELTS, Keep hope alive press on.

How can I be a part of the WhatsApp group for those who clinched ITA on June 13, 2018. If there is any of auch group, kindly work me through the process of being a part.

Thank you guys

Cc: TEECANN, Newmumm, glitteringstar, ysteph etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 16, 2018
Dear colleagues, I just saw now that Mnaitoba has included a new clause ''You may also be awarded Adaptability points if your spouse or common-law partner demonstrates a minimum of a bachelor degree and official language proficiency of at least CLB/NCLC 5'' for Adaptability point.

Does this mean that you can claim adaptability if your spouse has degree frm BSC upwards and IELTS of CLB 5 even if you donot have other adaptability connection?

Thank you.

https://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/mpnp-renewal/renewed-swo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Mr Zutlin why can't you do things the legitimate way..It is until they ban Nigeria (like they did with the American Visa Lottery). This is a public forum and such sharp practices are not condoned. I have done you the favor of not quoting your post so please modify immediately.

FYI VO's could even be members of this forum

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2018
Hmmmm. Na wa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 11:41am On Jun 16, 2018
ysteph:
Hmmmm. Na wa

Please unquote so she can modify.
@Zutlin please modify your post
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ifeoluwakintan: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2018
God bless you @luffyhaki.

Please let us stop asking questions that will cast a negative eye on other genuine applicants.

All these questions is why CBP in American Airports assume the worst of Nigerians.

Thank you as you delete that post @Zutlin.

It will end well.

luffyhaki:
Mr Zutlin why can't you do things the legitimate way..It is until they ban Nigeria (like they did with the American Visa Lottery).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by shegzee43: 11:58am On Jun 16, 2018
Hello friends,

Expert advice needed

I am hoping to get ITA soon and I intend to come over with my wife and kids, we have been married since over five years and blessed with children but the thorny sissue is that we only got married traditionally. We are considering going through the process of getting a marriage certificate from a Local Govt. registry but I am also feeling that might hinder our getting PR since the certificate will bear a recent date.

Note: My children have valid birth certificates and my wife's masters degree carries my name(Her new name).

Should we apply as common law partners or go ahead with registering our marriage legally?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
bizguru000:
Good Evening family,

A close friend of mine submitted her application today (AOR) but realised she forgot to include her deceased dad in the immediate family members section.She raised a CSE immediately after AOR today stating this was erroneously ommited and also included her deceased dad's relevant details in the CSE.

Should she withdraw the application from fear of misrepresentation?

Thanks

It's not misrepresentation at all. She simply made a mistake and already raised a CSE to that effect. There's absolutely no need to withdraw the application.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pilarnig(m): 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
boundlessjoy:

Hi Obie, sorry for the belated response.
While preparing for my writing, I consulted both Liz and Jay depending on what I was looking for. I tried to tailor the writing to meet the band descriptors for a 9.
For part 1, I only had to understand the tone for each type of letter and their closing. For instance, not to sound overly formal or too informal in a semi-formal letter.
Part 2. For task achievement, I tried as much as possible to address the question even when I had other interesting but not so relevant things to write about. For each paragraph, I stated an idea/opinion, gave reasons for my opinion and gave an example. I think Jay taught this. I also tried to meet my word count.
Coherence and Cohesion: I gave each distinct idea a separate paragraph. Within each paragraph, I let my ideas (not sentences) dove-tail for the reader to better understand. I also made a robust use of connectors to connect my sentences.
Lexical Resource: I used compound sentences every chance I got and I learnt on ieltsliz how to punctuate them appropriately. Making compound sentences without proper punctuations may do more harm than good. I also tried to employ the language of the trade I was writing about. For instance, I could use the word “battalion” instead of “a group of soldiers “, “carbon emissions” instead of “releasing carbon into the atmosphere “ etc.
Grammatical Range and Accuracy: I used a couple of idiomatic expressions but only where they fit. I also tried to use more exotic than simple words, but I made sure not to sacrifice spelling on the alter of grandiloquence.

I can’t really discuss my speaking because I kept stuttering and speaking off the topic.

You will excel though.

please. Can I send you my easys and letters, so you can make corrections and give feed backs undecided cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by efueh: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
Zutlin you post is still unattended to. Kindly modify it or delete asap as this is not right.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
My friend indeed. Wont be suprised if they ban gift deed and fixed deposits for nigerians soon. Nonsense corner cutters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dialinn: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2018
DboyizGood:

BC now takes less than 2weeks for EOR.
Give it a shot

Please is this confirmed with evidence?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
Bubuyaya2015:

What do you think of this?

I choose to answer "NO", because my traditional/customary marriage was not recorded or registered in the government marriage registry, and as such may not meet the IRCC or Canadian government definition of marriage.

"Marriage are recognized for immigration purposes if that marriage is legally recognized according to both the law of the place where the marriage occurred and under the Canadian law"--this is according to IRCC

Situations differ.
Canadian law has a space for such unions which is a common law partner. Like I explained before, if u live with this person u did trad with and do "married people things" but u just dont have a legal signed document in the court, it is recognised as a common law partnership.

You can only answer NO when u are a single mum or single dad with no spousal presence in the family unit.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Rapture07: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Trying to make transfer to Bc for my ITLES exams wanna make use of bank transfer, but i can't see any column on my bank app where i can include my ref number and name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
Flaj:

Isn't there any bill / lease agreement/ bank staement that mentions both of them? You can use that and highlight his name. That's what I did for my sibling though she added her bank statement.

What have you been using in place of birth certificate? Did he mention you as a sibling in his application/ landing documentation?
An attestation of birth can be used if you both have it.

Thanks...
-1......I used an attestation of birth which I made in 2016.
- 2......There is a car purchase document with both names (him and spouse). I was thinking about adding a utility bill in spouse's name
-3..... Can i at this point do an attestation of birth for him from Nigeria?
4......he got into Canada when immigration wasn't as organised (more than 20yrs ago) so I doubt mentioning me as a sibling was a thing then.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ok. Like I mentioned, I also wasn't sold on the idea and that's why I decided to post it here so my friend can get varying opinions because I didn't want to come across as a pessimist.

I can no longer find it. Seems admin already deleted. Thanks for the inputs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Medal007: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nigeria wasn't banned by the Yankees, we've been maximising our yearly 50k visa quota since some few years ago, hence no opportunity for DV visa the following year
luffyhaki:
Mr Zutlin why can't you do things the legitimate way..It is until they ban Nigeria (like they did with the American Visa Lottery). This is a public forum and such sharp practices are not condoned. I have done you the favor of not quoting your post so please modify immediately.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
shegzee43:
Hello friends,

Expert advice needed

I am hoping to get ITA soon and I intend to come over with my wife and kids, we have been married since over five years and blessed with children but the thorny sissue is that we only got married traditionally. We are considering going through the process of getting a marriage certificate from a Local Govt. registry but I am also feeling that might hinder our getting PR since the certificate will bear a recent date.

Note: My children have valid birth certificates and my wife's masters degree carries my name(Her new name).

Should we apply as common law partners or go ahead with registering our marriage legally?

You guys meet the criteria for a common law partner. You can choose to legally get married and explain this in your letter of explanation.
I don't think it's a big deal that the kids are before the date of the intended court wedding. It happens!
Just explain and attach proof

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
I am trying to compress a 75mb document and smallpdf.com isn't working (i guess cos the file is large).

Please what other options do I have?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
Medal007:
Nigeria wasn't banned by the Yankees, we've been maximising our yearly 50k visa quota since some few years ago, hence no opportunity for DV visa the following year

Enlightening! I have always wondered why people think we got banned. Not like there were any 'strict' criterias...it was just a game of luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.