Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (997471 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2018
IFEAGO:

Hey, good to know you're being very careful in taking a final decision on this. Please take a close look at excerpts from GCMS notes a friend ordered. This might just be the case if you proceed with your WES evaluation.

Thanks @IFEAGO. An actual GCMS note from a candidate with an LLB, I presume? The potential prognosis is not "fanimorous" at all. grin. Just burnt that I did not have all of these experiential information sooner. Anyways, started this journey just last December. Learning that the journey no be 100meters dash but a marathon.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
Wheeew!! Didn't realize how long that was. Sorry for the long post
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by weckl: 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
His wife is a lawyer and her BL certificate was included for evaluation and they selected professional degree in their profile but IRCC deemed it as 2 or more certificate.
ysteph:
Is he the lawyer abi his wife? Maybe i am mixing up the posts.
Anyway, from what i understand, two or more certificate cannot amount to professional degree.If you add your BL if your ECA does not say Professional Degree then it is not professional degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 3:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
Lol, thank you smiley
futureenergy:

Congratulations to you and your family! You write so beautifully. No wonder you smashed IELTS one hand.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
weckl:

His wife is a lawyer and her BL certificate was included for evaluation and they selected professional degree in their profile but IRCC deemed it as 2 or more certificate.
Yeah, IRCC deemed it appropriately. It won't lead to a rejection if the CRS score didn't drop below the cut-off points of that particular round.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianWasp: 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thank you Teecann! Indeed it was God! And it shall end in praises for us all cheesy
TEECANN:

Congratulations. I can almost feel the smoothness of your application- beginning to the end! It must have been God coupled with your diligence.

Thank God it ended for you and your family in praises!

Go and flourish in your new home...we are coming behind! grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by weckl: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2018
Verify the name of the degree in question as referred in the GCMS notes.

IFEAGO:

Hey, good to know you're being very careful in taking a final decision on this. Please take a close look at excerpts from GCMS notes a friend ordered. This might just be the case if you proceed with your WES evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
gsade:

Thanks @IFEAGO. An actual GCMS note from a candidate with an LLB, I presume? The potential prognosis is not "fanimorous" at all. grin. Just burnt that I did not have all of these experiential information sooner. Anyways, started this journey just last December. Learning that the journey no be 100meters dash but a marathon.
I would advise you wait for your IQAS report. Canadianswap's friend note is another one to wait for.

All in all,u decline if two things being awaited didn't come in on time. Don't risk your money. BUT I thought when rejected, cash comes back! @all?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by weckl: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
Definitely, but that is not the point am making. The point is if only LLB is accessed by WES IRCC deems it as a professional degree if selected but if included with a BL certificate for WES evaluation, IRCC deems it as 2 or more certifcate. This has been testified by diff guys that got PPR.As i said it may sound absurd but that is what it is.
Elfmannisback:

Yeah, IRCC deemed it appropriately. It won't lead to a rejection if the CRS score didn't drop below the cut-off points of that particular round.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
Not all of it o. I think it's just the RPRF of 490 CAD that is returned. The other 550 CAD issa transmission something.
Elfmannisback:

I would advise you wait for your IQAS report. Canadianswap's friend note is another one to wait for.

All in all,u decline if two things being awaited didn't come in on time. Don't risk your money. BUT I thought when rejected, cash comes back! @all?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fameli: 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
Please anybody who sent their passport passport using courier to vfs please advice the process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by clock89: 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello Newmum0615, Good day. I have a decision to make on changing my primary NOC. I am filling my application post-ITA. I had always thought NOC 2147 better matched my job duties so I chose that as my primary NOC but on further analysis, it appears NOC 2281 is a better fit (my colleagues think so too). Both NOCs are similar, 2147 is more like a step up from 2281. I am a Network Administrator.

I saw from your earlier posts that you considered changing your NOC post ITA, did you do that eventually? and did you explain with an LOE? Please advise.

I am also lowkey worried that changing something now could make my profile ineligible like it happened with TEECANN pre-ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
weckl:

Definitely, but that is not the point am making. ]The point is if only LLB is accessed by WES IRCC deems it as a professional degree if selected ]but if included with a BL certificate for WES evaluation, IRCC deems it as 2 or more certifcate. This has been testified by diff guys that got PPR.As i said it may sound absurd but that is what it is.
Any gcms note on the WES ECA report having bachelor degree and profile having professional degree and IRCC agreeing? Any other physical evidence?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
Not all of it o. I think it's just the RPRF of 490 CAD that is returned. The other 550 CAD issa transmission something.
Chai.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by intercedertee(f): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
For futarians in d house, FUTA has started payment of 7500 for WES verification. Thought I should share
Newmum0615:
Additional documents placeholder.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
wenks:
I have seen it my sister.. We are waiting for you in the pool already.. Trust me ECA will show as stated.. I woke up to the mail... Come and see me grinning from ear to ear.. Lol

I can imagine. feels like ppr. I can imagine how ppr eaters feel ... wow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
intercedertee:
For futarians in d house, FUTA has started payment of 7500 for WES verification. Thought I should share
Folks should use ICES or IQAS instead!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by muta18: 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2018
Please @gsade,

How long does it take IQAS to acknowledge receipt of the documents sent directly by you and the transcript sent by your university.

Thank you.

gsade:

Thanks Ysteph. I understand you perfectly. In any event, I did not know there was a difference between WES and IQAS evaluations until I stumbled on Iphie 25 chats some few weeks ago on LLB evaluation on WES. In fact, just joined Nairaland today finally as a result of that post. I had been under the impression that evaluation of LLB na just evaluation in so far as the degree certificate says bachelors of law, you know. Thanks. I doubt if I can bet on luck when It may be seen as misrep and I lose my application fee. Just that IQAS is slow sha. I have already applied to IQAS. All documents from me and my Uni have been delivered to IQAS. Guess, I just hope for the best in the next two months.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Fresty(f): 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2018
intercedertee:

verification is supposed to be free nationwide.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ednut1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Has anyone here rescheduled speaking test outside the options for speaking dates given by MOD angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by uchepixy: 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2018
Bubuyaya2015:

She doesn't need letter of consent if she has full custody and can prove Father hasn't been in the picture since birth.

please do you know anyone who submitted like me without referencing the dad and didn't have issues... this wait is not funny. i'm imagining all the things that could go wrong with my application. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
Exactly. So it applies to gsade.
WES evaluated as Bachelors but she chose Professional Degree so IRCC will treat it as bachelors.
weckl:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
CanadianWasp:
I'm hoping to get gcms notes of my friend.

Nice! I'm actually interested in this too. According to IRCC, if the ECA summary says "Bachelor of Laws", then one should get the points for professional degree. But then, who is ready to take the risk? grin grin Your friend's GCMS notes will really help to unravel this.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
Oh yes I did change my NOC. Even changed job title sef. I used an LOE to explain the reason. Be sure that your job duties actually match 2281. I have worked on a JD that the applicant thought was 2147 in title but was 2282 (technical support role) in actual duties. So be sure. You can change your NOC. Not an issue.
I know from memory that Network administrator is 2281 but be sure of the actual duties before you decide.

clock89:
Hello Newmum0615, Good day. I have a decision to make on changing my primary NOC. I am filling my application post-ITA. I had always thought NOC 2147 better matched my job duties so I chose that as my primary NOC but on further analysis, it appears NOC 2281 is a better fit (my colleagues think so too). Both NOCs are similar, 2147 is more like a step up from 2281. I am a Network Administrator.

I saw from your earlier posts that you considered changing your NOC post ITA, did you do that eventually? and did you explain with an LOE? Please advise.

I am also lowkey worried that changing something now could make my profile ineligible like it happened with TEECANN pre-ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
weckl abeg you de confuse us abeg. This your point is totally false. Let this matter rest.
weckl:

Definitely, but that is not the point am making. The point is if only LLB is accessed by WES IRCC deems it as a professional degree if selected but if included with a BL certificate for WES evaluation, IRCC deems it as 2 or more certifcate. This has been testified by diff guys that got PPR.As i said it may sound absurd but that is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
muta18:
Please @gsade,

How long does it take IQAS to acknowledge receipt of the documents sent directly by you and the transcript sent by your university.

Thank you.

The website says a little more than one month. I don't personally expect an e-mail confirmation for mine until like July 15th unless a miracle happens. But I believe in miracles sha wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
weckl you see IFEAGO's post?
IFEAGO:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
Thanks for sharing. Awon argumentators will rest now.
IFEAGO:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gsade: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Nice! I'm actually interested in this too. According to IRCC, if the ECA summary says "Bachelor of Laws", then one should get the points for professional degree. But then, who is ready to take the risk? grin grin Your friend's GCMS notes will really help to unravel this.

@GlitteringStar. Well, WES usually will simply say Bachelor (Four Years) as canadian equivalency. Nothing more. I guess if it was just "Bachelors" it may still fly. But let us wait for the GCMS notes from @CanadianWasp.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2018
What is the matter sef?
weckl:
Verify the name of the degree in question as referred in the GCMS notes.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
IFEAGO:

@ifeago, from that excerpt of the GCMS note of your friend, I think issa automatic refusal something ooo.. Am I right?

CRS at ITA=462
Recalculated CRS post-AOR by CIO= 422

It will end in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2018
That is it except the CRS cut of that day is below 422.
TEECANN:

@ifeago, from that excerpt of the GCMS note of your friend, I think issa automatic refusal. something ooo.. Am I right?
CRS at ITA=462
Recalculated CRS post-AOR by CIO= 422
It will end in praise IJN!

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (619)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.