Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (1001580 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jholarharde(f): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2018
@Mcstan18 pls I sent u a pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2018
ysteph:
What this means is that before nomination you work in an audit firm after nomination you now work in your friend's father's audit company? Hmmmmm
Thanks for your response my good friend.... But I have not created a profile yet, I am preparing for my ielts test next month,and also expecting my WES evaluation results .. I just want to get all my documents ready,so I don't start running helter skelter when eventually create my profile and get my ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2018
vickyehi:

That sounds like a good plan however, note that to continue to maintain her PR status, she must be physically present in canada for 3yrs in the ist 5yr period to be eligible for renewal of pr status or application for citizenship.
Thanks for this info...i have finally decided to apply alone after checking that my CRS will be 436 with ielts score of LRSW-8777,and it could even rise to 445 if I perform better in the ielts.
So the plan is for my wife to visit with the kids as often as possible,and I am optimistic that they will easily get a visitors visa since she has a good job with an oil firm.
Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2018
Better. So please avoid anything that will come out as misrepresentation later.
henryuzor:

Thanks for your response my good friend.... But I have not created a profile yet, I am preparing for my ielts test next month,and also expecting my WES evaluation results .. I just want to get all my documents ready,so I don't start running helter skelter when eventually create my profile and get my ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2018
If you apply alone, just get your response to the question ''why is your spouse not immigrating'' ready.
The question comes post ITA.
henryuzor:

Thanks for this info...i have finally decided to apply alone after checking that my CRS will be 436 with ielts score of LRSW-8777,and it could even rise to 445 if I perform better in the ielts.
So the plan is for my wife to visit with the kids as often as possible,and I am optimistic that they will easily get a visitors visa since she has a good job with an oil firm.
Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2018
henryuzor:

Thanks once again

The choice is yours, but remember, it will be difficult (time, energy and cost consuming) to sponsor her later.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by dchamps: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2018
Thats misrepresentation and it attract 5yrs barn.pls meet your boss for the letter.goodluck
henryuzor:
Dear all, please concerning the work experience,i work with an audit firm and my boss is somehow...#village people, so I cannot even entertain the idea or thought of getting a reference letter from him.
However, I have a friend whose father owns an audit firm,and has agreed to write the reference letter for my work experience....
i want to inquire if I get the reference letter in the prescribed cic format including employment letter, will it suffice??....i hope stuffs like payslip and statement of salary account would not be needed also
Thanks all as I anticipate your prompt responses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2018
einsteino:

Haba na, this is a public forum, we cant tell who is who here. Mind what you post, it informs the perception these CIC folks have of us. Those who have been requested to appear for Interview by CIC are having a hard time even when they are telling the truth, because they take everything we submit and say with a pinch of salt. If you have questions like this, use a pm.

You may argue that you have a genuine work experience but it doesnt make what you intend doing any less fraudulent, so be cautious. If you end up being among those who get issued ADR and even have their applications sent to special units or called upon for interviews, you may not be able to make a convincing case. Please lets be guided. Our image as Nigerians is our collective responsibility.

I do understand that you may be out of options but you should at least be discrete about it. For me, I wouldnt advise you lie about your experience. Lies are sometimes expensive and difficult to maintain. Lets not forget that our PR and citizenship can be revoked if at anytime it is discovered you lied in the process of your applications, it rarely happens doesnt mean it can't. Since you already have the experience, approach your boss. Tell him you are applying for a Visa, dont state what type of visa. You can even say its a visit visa and you need to show that you work so they know you have something to return to; Its better you lie to your boss sef than to CIC.
Thanks for your honest response.... I will give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Walegy: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2018
After one has been sent a letter of advice to apply(LAA) can one still edit his Express Entry should one write another ielts or change company?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 9:02am On Jul 11, 2018
Ethelia:

The choice is yours, but remember, it will be difficult (time, energy and cost consuming) to sponsor her later.
I don't have any other option o... She is not ready or willing to immigrate at the moment because of her job... #fear of the unknown#,and i understand because it is not easy to leave a job that pays more than half a million monthly and with better career prospects.
Also the kids are still young, the boy is 4 and the girl is 1,so I think it's better i go alone to better my own career prospects and then we can figure out the rest later

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:05am On Jul 11, 2018
If you apply (LAA) and its granted you'll have 600 points so changing ielts score isn't too necessary.
However, before then, i believe you can edit your profile with things like IELTS.
As for company, do you mean change the name of your employer? If yes, then that's not possible.
Already you've said you've worked with xyz for 123 no. of years, how then can you change the company again.
Look if this is because your employers wont give you reference letter, i'll say search this thread. Part 3 precisely, people have explained what they did when they couldnt get reference letter from their employers.
Walegy:
After one has been sent a letter of advice to apply(LAA) can one still edit his Express Entry should one write another ielts or change company?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2018
I believe its doable. Afterall you will have PR so you can visit home or they can obtain visit visa to visit you in canada.
Meanwhile, why not apply together and when PR comes she can resign.
In the long run, if you feel you can stay without your family for a while, then go ahead. If not, then apply together.
henryuzor:

I don't have any other option o... She is not ready or willing to immigrate at the moment because of her job... #fear of the unknown#,and i understand because it is not easy to leave a job that pays more than half a million monthly and with better career prospects.
Also the kids are still young, the boy is 4 and the girl is 1,so I think it's better i go alone to better my own career prospects and then we can figure out the rest later
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2018
ysteph:
If you apply alone, just get your response to the question ''why is your spouse not immigrating'' ready.
The question comes post ITA.
Thankd for the info my friend.... Any ideas on what will be a good enough response to the question
I am thinking telling the truth that she has a better job,and we have decided that I go first and and settle down very well,then she can now join me with the kids later.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2018
That's a valid reason. However, i do not think the space will be enough for that. You may write the longer explanation in your LOE.
henryuzor:

Thankd for the info my friend.... Any ideas on what will be a good enough response to the question
I am thinking telling the truth that she has a better job,and we have decided that I go first and and settle down very well,then she can now join me with the kids later.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Nothing is better than the truth.. as a matter of fact you have a really good and genuine reason. Please dont lie because you will need another lie to cover up your tracks later...
henryuzor:

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by stonecoldcafe: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2018
henryuzor:
Dear all, please concerning the worary account would not be needed also
Thanks all as I anticipate your prompt responses

Several times, you have been advised to go to page 0 for a reason. Please go there and click the links. You even have instance of documents to tender when an employer refuses to give reference letter in CIC format or flat out refuses.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 9:15am On Jul 11, 2018
IMO, why don't you apply for the whole family? Then your wife and kids could visit or land for a week or two before their medical expires. In this case, you save yourself the stress of sponsoring your spouse later.
With that done, she could visit anytime.

henryuzor:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2018
What really is the stress of sponsoring spouse later.
I need to know.
Bellniki1:
IMO, why don't you apply for the whole family? Then your wife and kids could visit or land for a week or two before their medical expires. In this case, you save yourself the stress of sponsoring your spouse later.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2018
What really is the stress in sponsoring spouse later?
Bellniki1:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 9:21am On Jul 11, 2018
Meanwhile, why not apply together and when PR comes she can resign.
[/quote]
Thanks my friend... But the only thing that will make her resign is the knowledge that I am settled over there and earning enough to take care of the family,before she can get a job herself.
I am also considering applying for the whole family,and then we will all go for the first time so she and the kids can get their PR card, and then they come back... At least that way they will have the option to join me for the first 3 years,after which the 2years residency rule will kick in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2018
Hello.

I just recently entered the express entry pool and working on getting PNP from any available province.

When I was choosing NOC, I was torn between 1313 Insurance Underwriter and 0121 Insurance, Real Estate and Financial Brokerage Managers. I am underwriter but currently head the department.

I went with 1313 because I felt that it may not be so easy to find employment opportunities for 0121. Also I think you may need to have their own Canadian certification to qualify for this level.

But having gone through a few of the province occupation in demand, 1313 does not appear there, but Manitoba has 0121.

Is it okay to have 2 NOCs. My employment up to December 2017 is NOC1313 and from January became 0121.

Please I need advice. ( I am also not sure if I can change the entries on my profile)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 9:26am On Jul 11, 2018
Bellniki1:

Thanjs Bellniki1.... Your advise is noted and we'll appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 9:29am On Jul 11, 2018
smslive2:
[color=#990000]Nothing is better than the truth..
Thanks my dear and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by henryuzor(m): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2018
ysteph:
That's a valid reason. However, i do not think the space will be enough for that. You may write the longer explanation in your LOE.
Thanks y Steph and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Walegy: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2018
Thanks ysteph.... really appreciate
ysteph:
If you apply (LAA) and its granted you'll have 600 points so changing ielts score isn't too necessary.
However, before then, i believe you can edit your profile with things like IELTS.
As for company, do you mean change the name of your employer? If yes, then that's not possible.
Already you've said you've worked with xyz for 123 no. of years, how then can you change the company again.
Look if this is because your employers wont give you reference letter, i'll say search this thread. Part 3 precisely, people have explained what they did when they couldnt get reference letter from their employers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Randomsue: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2018
Obi1conte:

Ok thanks so very much for the clarification. But if you still do not mind me asking, how does one combine two gift deed into one especially if they are from two different family members.

I'm not sure how this is done...I hand this over to the seniors
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by masrapido(f): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2018
ysteph:

Do you know of anyone who used this reason (spouse has a good job and thus isn't ready to immigrate) and still got PR? Back in 2016 when I first started this process, I was told by an agent that your VO might be hesitant to give you the PR since it will be interpreted as if you only want the PR status as a back-up and you will leave Canada whenever things get tough since you still have such a strong tie back home.
Since I came on this forum, I have learnt to take agents' views with a pinch of salt, but I would still like to know what the consensus on this is. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 10:01am On Jul 11, 2018
The bolded below is not true... Your application will be assess against a standard procedure/requirements. If you meet these requirements, your application would be approved. Do you think CIC doesnt know that people do short landing? Do you think CIC is not aware that people leave Canada even after getting their citizenship? My brother/sister, you have a valid reason. There is NO LAW anywhere in the world that says Husband and Wife MUST live together jare!
masrapido:

Do you know of anyone who used this reason (spouse has a good job and thus isn't ready to immigrate) and still got PR? Back in 2016 when I first started this process, I was told by an agent that your VO might be hesitant to give you the PR since it will be interpreted as if you only want the PR status as a back-up and you will leave Canada whenever things get tough since you still have such a strong tie back home.
Since I came on this forum, I have learnt to take agents' views with a pinch of salt, but I would still like to know what the consensus on this is. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Compu001: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2018
Baba, your decision is the best. It's not advisable for her to leave, if she do not want to leave. If you compel her to, you will be the one to be blame. So just do your own pr, get her a visiting visa (I think is five years), then you can settle in peace. If kongi hold you, then invite her or go to Nigeria.

Thanks my friend... But the only thing that will make her resign is the knowledge that I am settled over there and earning enough to take care of the family,before she can get a job herself.
I am also considering applying for the whole family,and then we will all go for the first time so she and the kids can get their PR card, and then they come back... At least that way they will have the option to join me for the first 3 years,after which the 2years residency rule will kick in.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Compu001: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2018
Exactly. Standard procedure in immigration policy. Besides they know everything that is happening.

quote author=smslive2 post=69271481]The bolded below is not true... Your application will be assess against a standard procedure/requirements. If you meet these requirements, your application would be approved. Do you think CIC doesnt know that people do short landing? Do you think CIC is not aware that people leave Canada even after getting their citizenship? My brother/sister, you have a valid reason. There is NO LAW anywhere in the world that says Husband and Wife MUST live together jare!
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Julie2018: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Hello all,

Good morning.

Please I have just been asked to explain a particular transaction from my POF.
"NEFT FROM UNIFIED PAYMENT/POS TRANSACTION".
Please does any one have a good idea of how I can appropriately go about the explanation.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ottawasenators: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2018
NEFT is a payment method that stands for National Electronic Funds Transfer. It means you received a payment from UNIFIED PAYMENT which is a payment transaction processing company in Nigeria, situated at Idowu taylor VI, lagos. you received a payment from them or ?

Julie2018:
Hello all,

Good morning.

Please I have just been asked to explain a particular transaction from my POF.
"NEFT FROM UNIFIED PAYMENT/POS TRANSACTION".
Please does any one have a good idea of how I can appropriately go about the explanation.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.