Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,791 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria (1333 Views)

Sugar Mummy Story In Abuja: Man Shares His Experience (Pics) / Interracial Couple In Russia: Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by CastedAyo: 1:40am On Apr 26, 2018
A man who visited Nigeria and spent 4 weeks has narrated his observations regarding the way women are treated in the country.

Rosanwo, who is a Yoruba man, but lives outside Nigeria, was in Lagos from March to April and, according to him, what he observed about the treatment of women in Nigeria left him wondering.

Read Rosanwo's full tweets below;

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/man-shares-his-experience-on-how-women-are-treated-in-nigeria.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by CastedAyo: 1:41am On Apr 26, 2018

Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by beautyoftheLord: 1:57am On Apr 26, 2018
Really sad! So true sir!
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 26, 2018
Extremely true
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by prechbills1(m): 2:35am On Apr 26, 2018
The waiter gave you the bill because women don't foot bills in Nigeria. Nobody set that so kindly stop complaining.
If Nigeria turn into UK men won't be able to live in this country...
I don't want to say much before someone says I'm all over nairaland ranting.

1 Like

Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 26, 2018
So who do blame for this
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 26, 2018
prechbills1:
The waiter gave you the bill because women don't foot bills in Nigeria. Nobody set that so kindly stop complaining.
If Nigeria turn into UK men won't be able to live in this country...
I don't want to say much before someone says I'm all over nairaland ranting.

Please elaborate on the highlighted
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by prechbills1(m): 2:54am On Apr 26, 2018
Halfpenny:

Please elaborate on the highlighted

UK;
divorce cases favour women more
Slap a lady you get jailed, get slapped by a lady; nothing will happen
have sex with your wife without her consent; you're a dead man.
your wife have sex with you without your consent; she's free
Touch a lady's ass without her consent; imprisoned, A lady touch your ass without your consent; nothing will happen.
Lady accuses you of rape; you get jailed.
Man accuses a lady of rape; nothing will happen.

Travel to the UK at your own risk.
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 2:57am On Apr 26, 2018
1] On his first observation at Opebi, probably that area is an operating zone for prostitutes, so Nigerian police decided to capitalise on it. It is the same way they arrest guys at certain points and tag them yahoo boys/cultists. There was a time they used to arrest guys coming from football viewing centres. The idea is to have them pay for bail: money is made. So, sometimes the hammer falls on the ladies, other times the guys. It is a Nigerian Police problem. We have been lamenting, it's yet to be addressed.

2] The security man at the hotel is stupid.

3] I don't blame the restaurant much, they assumed a guy will pay for the meal because it is the norm when a guy & a lady are on a date. Guys pay the bills more on such dates. Some smart restaurants just drop the bill on the table.

4] Parking cars? In all honesty, most places I go, that's how they direct everybody. Especially those ones with tight parking lots.

They first tap your boot. "Aunty wait, make this car commot. Cut full, oya return...no cut your nyash again o...Just dey come straight...ehen! Dey come like that. Sister happy weekend" (i.e find us something...so, they actually ask women for tips smiley)

They could be a bit extra when directing a lady. If they get condescending, I ignore. Sometimes I ask if they drove me to that spot, other times I allow them do their work. They are very helpful sometimes.

5] I've never been called a prostitute for driving. But then, it's in some to slutshame when they have nothing reasonable to say. They are on NL, calling ladies olosho upandan.

3 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 26, 2018
prechbills1:

UK;
divorce cases favour women more
Slap a lady you get jailed, get slapped by a lady; nothing will happen
have sex with your own wife without her consent; you're a dead man.
Touch a lady's ass without her consent; imprisoned, A lady touch your ass without your consent; nothing will happen.
Lady accuses you of rape; you get jailed.
Man accuses a lady of rape; nothing will happen.

Travel to the UK at your own risk.

In your mind as an adult, what you wrote here makes sense?

To each his own...

God Save The Queeeen grin
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by prechbills1(m): 3:01am On Apr 26, 2018
Halfpenny:

In your mind as an adult, what you wrote here makes sense?

To each his own...

God Save The Queeeen grin

Read my post again.

God save the Queen.
If a lady accuses you of shouting at her anyhow even when you didn't shout at her in the UK you'll know what life is all about.

End of conversation.
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by prechbills1(m): 3:05am On Apr 26, 2018
pocohantas:
1] On his first observation at Opebi, probably that area is an operating zone for prostitutes, so Nigerian police decided to capitalise on it. It is the same way they arrest guys at certain points and tag them yahoo boys/cultists. There was a time they used to arrest guys coming from football viewing centres. The idea is to have them pay for bail...money is made! So, sometimes the hammer falls on the ladies, other times the guys. It is a Nigerian Police problem. We have been lamenting, it's yet to be addressed.

2] The security man at the hotel is stupid.

3] I don't blame the restaurant much, they assumed a guy will pay for the meal because it is the norm when a guy & a lady are on a date. Guys pay the bills more on such dates. Some smart restaurants just drop the bill on the table.

4] Parking cars? In all honesty, most places I go, that's how they direct everybody. Especially those ones with tight parking lots.

They first tap your boot. "Aunty wait, make this car commot. Cut full, oya return...no cut your nyash again o...Just dey come straight...ehen! Dey come like that. Sister happy weekend" (i.e find us something...so, they actually ask women for tips smiley)

They could be a bit extra when directing a lady. If they get condescending, I ignore. Sometimes I ask if they drove me to that spot, other times I allow them do their work. They could be very helpful sometimes.

5] I've never been called a prostitute for driving. But then, it's in some to slutshame when they have nothing reasonable to say. They are on NL, calling ladies olosho upandan.

1] On his first observation at Opebi, probably that area is an operating zone for prostitutes, so Nigerian police decided to capitalise on it. It is the same way they arrest guys at certain points and tag them yahoo boys/cultists. There was a time they used to arrest guys coming from football viewing centres. The idea is to have them pay for bail...money is made! So, sometimes the hammer falls on the ladies, other times the guys. It is a Nigerian Police problem. We have been lamenting, it's yet to be addressed. √√√

2] The security man at the hotel is stupid. √√

3] I don't blame the restaurant much, they assumed a guy will pay for the meal because it is the norm when a guy & a lady are on a date. Guys pay the bills more on such dates. Some smart restaurants just drop the bill on the table. √√√√√

They could be a bit extra when directing a lady. If they get condescending, I ignore. Sometimes I ask if they drove me to that spot, other times I allow them do their work. They could be very helpful sometimes.√√

valid points.
problem rests with the Nigerian police force because guys are also treated that way..

thank you poco
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by donstan18: 3:32am On Apr 26, 2018
Men and women are badly treated in all countries in the world, indirectly or directly. Police force do arrest yahoo and street boiz when seen at their zone just like those prostitutes were arrested, but we won't see women talk about that.

One of the major problem of an average Nigerian woman is the whack and pampering mentality they live with, they hide under the shield of "Weaker vessel" to commit atrocities and expect the society to applaud them.

Our society doesn't treat them bad. It's just that Nigerian women are yet to learn that nobody will give them power and right. They'll have to take it themselves if they set their doings right and transparent

3 Likes

Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by QueenSuccubus(f): 4:19am On Apr 26, 2018
grin
This is quite interesting...

I wonder how these activists/ feminists will gonna react since they are all playing tough & untouchable on NL cool cool cool
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by GraGra247(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2018
Agreedable but sometimes it has to do with how some of these ladies behave that makes people treat them that way.

For instance a restaurant worker can stay a decade before seeing a lady pay for lunch for a guy or tip at the door or tip at the car park.

These things simply don't easily happen in Nigeria among ladies as is regular with men.
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by lenghtinny(m): 9:59am On Apr 26, 2018
Trying so hard to impress..
Mr woman rights activist...
Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by ibkayee(f): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2018
- Sounds like they were targeting prostitutes, not females per se, though I don’t doubt innocent girls get caught up/misbranded in such situations which is unfortunate
- Same as above, security guard was definitely wrong though
- Waiter should’ve handed the bill to whoever actually asked or just dropped it on the table but I can’t even blame them for the assumption since they’re probably used to seeing guys foot the bill 9/10 of the time, let’s be honest
- Again, can’t blame them too much for going with a dynamic they’re just used to seeing
- Prostitute for driving a car? Weird, but it’s not hard to believe, seems women are called worse for less in Nigeria, I just don’t know how often this happens though

I get what he’s trying to say but he’s oversimplifying these examples and ignoring other factors that come into play

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Shares His Experience On How Women Are Treated In Nigeria by Sheuns(m): 12:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
That was how a female friend said Toyota matrix are ashewos cars. Me and my guys are like... Are u normal? Which kain conclusion be that.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Good Lady For A Serious Relationship, Dm Me If You Are Interested / 10 Reasons Why People Lose Their Virginity / A Married Woman Did This To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.