Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,605 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? (22386 Views)

Leave South East, South-south Or We Resort To Self-defense – Biafra Group Warns / The Best And Worst Governors In The South-South? / Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 7:50am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

They become 100 percent Igbo when it is time to share contract and federal appointment

Lzaa onyeoga Madridguy itsmeaboki Bamoski shallysgirl

exactly dat will explain y buhari refer to ibe kachikwu as an igbo in his media chat.....coz minsterial position was involved and dnow kachikwu is igbo...........

but has kachikwu agreed he is igbo.....no....ask him...he will tell u he is a Niger deltan from delta state.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

exactly dat will explain y buhari refer to ibe kachikwu as an igbo in his media chat.....coz minsterial position was involved and dnow kachikwu is igbo...........

but has kachikwu agreed he is igbo.....no....ask him...he will tell u he is a Niger deltan from delta state.

But Kachikwu will become Igbo if he contests for presidency grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom iceberg3 itsmeaboki buhariguy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by justtoodark: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2018
gidgiddy:

Really? How will a Northerner differentiate between a Chukwudi Eze from Oshimili in Delta state and another Chukwudi Eze from Imo state?

He will ask them to mention their states?

yes....

they are not gonna touch you anyways....you make too much noise....
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by drnoel: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2018
ariesbull:
Proselytized Igbos

I coined the word Proselytized - Igbos. Many stopped being Igbo during the Civil war out of fear of genocide and are unable to resume their cultural identity again.

These groups are predominantly found in the South-South and are in each of the 6 SS states. They are usually oil rich and prefer to be called ethnic nationalities which fits the British/ Federal Government propaganda that Igboland has no oil.

Their resolve to remain minorities despite their actual majority status is strengthened by the fact that they shiver to imagine their group in the deprivation of their brothers in the SE, Who are marginalized and viciously maltreated in the scheme of things.

These groups get certain palliatives nay incentives for divorcing themselves from the major Igbo group.

However, like other oil producing ethnicities their lands are despoiled by oil exploration activities, the people are bereft of tangible developmental indices. Their lands are overwhelmed with despoilation from pipeline bursts. Their major source of living being fishing and farming is disturbed, yet the people cannot complain.

They cannot complain because of the crumbs given out to their elites. These vocal and selfish elites scramble for everything from their masters table so that their families can enjoy the soft life they are used to.

Their is a 13% deprivation for these states, 'magnanimously' put in the Constitution by General Sani Abacha but these amount is viciously cornered by Nigeria elites in both the Federal and State governments. In the 1963 constitution, derivation is 50%.

The Ministry of Niger Delta and the Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC are other conduits used to defraud the peoples and governments of the region .

Why the people cannot come together and form a group like South South Igbo Agitation Group or Agitation for Development of Igbo Oil Producing Areas in the South South or Niger Delta Igbo Agitation for Development DIAD like the Ijaws have MEND remains a shock - yet many of the freedom fighters for the upliftment of the Niger Delta are Igbo.

In truth Igbo groups are the largest producers of oil in Nigeria but it is an anathema and even dangerous to voice these truth in Nigeria. Rivers state produces about 20% of the nation's oil and over 70% are Igbo groups, Delta state produces 25% of the nations oil and about 40% are Igbo. These trend is replicated though in smaller percentages in all the states of the South South.

Everybody in Nigeria know that the South South Igbos are the majority in the Niger Delta. However, when an Ikwerre man like Chibuike Amaechi says he is Igbo, he is termed fake Niger Delta but when he says that he is Ikwerre then he is Original Niger Delta.

Few people in Nigeria today agree that the Aniocha, Ikwerre, Abueto, Oshimili, Ika, Ogba, Ekpeye, Ukwuani, Aboh, Ndoni, Abi , Etchie etc are Igbo, fewer people will agree publicly that Governors Liyel Imoke, Nyesom Wike, Chibuike Amaechi, Peter Odili, Ifeanyichukwu Okowa etc are Igbo but in the secret they know and use it against them.

Gov Peter Odili of Rivers state was denied the Presidency and Vice - Presidency of Nigeria at the behest of Clarke and Nuhu Ribadu because he is Igbo though the position was zoned to the South - South were he comes from .

In as much as a system prevails in Nigeria that encourages people to deny their ethnicities, in as much as there is a system that provides uneven playing ground for all, in as much as lies are promoted above truths then the Nigeria of our dreams shall remain a mirage.

Victor Wilberforce is a critical thinker and a social engineer

Yes d South south as a whole matter. If only nigerians care to take their faith in their hands many things that shouldn't be won't be
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2018
aniomafirstson:

From my recent findings, the amount of ss igbos who still deny being Igbo are very very few.

I am Igbo and I am from Delta state...in otherwords yes they do matter

I wish I can believe this.....in this present Nigeria arrangement.....

I hv once proposed....that north will agree for us to divide if east will leave south south for them.....and I hv always said if that is the condition then let the 5 eastern state.....leave and become biafra....

I bet u...u cannot know ur potential.....if u continue to drag people dat doesn't want to go with u........

Singapore to me is a good example.......

how many ss has agreed they are igbos........just 5% out of 100

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by shallysgirl: 8:03am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

They become 100 percent Igbo when it is time to share contract and federal appointment

Lzaa onyeoga Madridguy itsmeaboki Bamoski shallysgirl
Or when they need votes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by meccuno: 8:05am On Apr 29, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

I hv once proposed....that north will agree for us to divide if east will leave south south for them.....and I hv always said if that is the condition then let the 5 eastern state.....leave and become biafra....

I bet u...u cannot know ur potential.....if u continue to drag people dat doesn't want to go with u........

no igbo man would be left behind. as far as i am concerned there is nothing like real and fake igbo. i had to talk down on an elderly man when he came up with that trash. the beauty about all these things is that most young igbo dudes who grew up in Lagos have started to realize that they are igbos and not yorubas because of ethnic sentiments. before i didn't really care but now i know the importance of recognizing your own people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

But Kachikwu will become Igbo if he contests for presidency grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom iceberg3 itsmeaboki buhariguy

that is the most painful part of this saga....

if kachikwu now wins the president...per say.....that means igbos has taken their turn of presidency.......but same kachikwu has he agreed to be igbo......

Nigeria is just designed to make some people angry and certain things painful.......

am not arguing ur point...it is true but painful.....

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by shallysgirl: 8:07am On Apr 29, 2018
BankeSmalls:
They matter as much as all other Igbos anywhere. Igbo is Igbo everywhere.
But they deny their igboness except when they need it for political gains.
Anyways Sha, they are changing now. Their eyes Don dey clear small small.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 29, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

that is the most painful part of this saga....

if kachikwu now wins the president...per say.....that means igbos has taken their turn of presidency.......but same kachikwu has he agreed to be igbo......

Nigeria is just designed to make some people angry and certain things painful.......

am not arguing ur point...it is true but painful.....
no wahala . . . Igbo amaka.

cc lzaa onyeoga shallysgirl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by shallysgirl: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2018
justtoodark:

their you are wrong....northeners are well capable to differentiate between a deltan and a igbo today....

back then it was not possible....northerners know today that saraki is part igbo too....

you easterners dont know the difference between hausas and fulanis today....

you are doing today the same mistake northerners did back then....

So why did buhari say Ibe Kachikwu and Emefiele are Igbos?

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2018
shallysgirl:
So why did buhari say Ibe Kachikwu and Emefiele are Igbos?
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala became Igbo when she was appointed (a powerful) Finance Minister under GEJ.
Otherwise Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is not Igbo grin grin

cc justtoodark lzaa onyeoga pointzerom iceberg3

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by iLoveAnambra(m): 8:21am On Apr 29, 2018
Delta state North are proud to be Igbos

they wear de same red cap like Igbos
so proud to be Igbos
and Today they hav produced de greatest people in de whole Niger Delta...

as for Ikwerres they are not Igbos and can never be..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by shallysgirl: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2018
meccuno:
no igbo man would be left behind. as far as i am concerned there is nothing like real and fake igbo. i had to talk down on an elderly man when he came up with that trash. the beauty about all these things is that most young igbo dudes who grew up in Lagos have started to realize that they are igbos and not yorubas because of ethnic sentiments. before i didn't really care but now i know the importance of recognizing your own people.
They have to accept they are Igbos first, that's the point of this post.

6 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by shallysgirl: 8:24am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala became Igbo when she was appointed (a powerful) Finance Minister under GEJ.

She actually doesn't deny her being igbo probably because of her husband who is from Abia.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 29, 2018
iLoveAnambra:

as for Ikwerres they are not Igbos and can never be..
But . . but . . .but Rotimi Amechi (Ikwerre man) is seen here hustling to embrace his Igbo heritage grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yriYzb61PEM

cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom shallysgirl iceberg3

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by shallysgirl: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

But . . but . . .but Rotimi Amechi (Ikwerre man) is seen here hustling to embrace his Igbo heritage grin grin

Its all politics as far as I am concerned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Rochas2023: 8:29am On Apr 29, 2018
Anambra has made Anioma esp Asaba side come back to their senses abt being Igbo, it is left for Abia to bring Rivers into the for. Once Rocha's becomes president this things will be sorted out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by iLoveAnambra(m): 8:33am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

that one na for Politics

my brother,Ikwerre people are tribal bigots that hate Igbos

i school at Uniport and i knw how i suffer in their hands because i am Proud Igbo Nigga

though some are good,infact is not that they hate you as a person but you calling them Igbos

means u need someone dat wil Tame you

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by justtoodark: 8:34am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

why are you mentioning me when shallysgirl is around....?? you want her to go angry....??

blaimy,she scares the shitt out of me.... undecided undecided
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 29, 2018
iLoveAnambra:
that one na for Politics
my brother,Ikwerre people are tribal bigots that hate Igbos

i school at Uniport and i knw how i suffer in their hands because i am Proud Igbo Nigga

though some are good,infact is not that they hate you as a person but you calling them Igbos

means u need someone dat wil Tame you
LMAO. They are still living in a fantasy world.
They speak Igbo language, answer Igbo names, dress like Igbo people and are surrounded by Igbo clans.
Ikwerre = Igbo.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by iLoveAnambra(m): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2018
Rochas2023:
Anambra has made Anioma esp Asaba side come back to their senses abt being Igbo, it is left for Abia to bring Rivers into the for. Once Rocha's becomes president this things will be sorted out.
Dnt be a Bastard for calling Rochas..

as u can see People are serious here no joke

5 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 29, 2018
justtoodark:

why are you mentioning me when shallysgirl is around....?? you want her to go angry....??

blaimy,she scares the shitt out of me.... undecided undecided

shallysgirl is my sweetie kiss kiss
What did you do to her ?

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by iLoveAnambra(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

LMAO. They are still living in a fantasy world.
They speak Igbo language, answer Igbo names, dress like Igbo people and are surrounded by Igbo clans.
Ikwerre = Igbo.

do u knw the worst

they said that parents are free to name their children Igbo names or any other name

that dey dnt answer Amadi that is Igbo name

dey speak Igbo but those in PH dnt like to speak Igbo

if Someone from Etche can deny being Igbo

Baba fogerit

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by horsepower101: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

It is a very dangerous precedent to lump everyone especially igbos in the south south into one basket. Your gross generalization does more harm than good. To my knowledge, it is only the ikwerres and the Ikas that have openly denied being igbo. I haven't heard of any other Igbo group in the south south still denying their igboness.

Overwhelming majority of south south igbos will never stay in Nigeria if the south east decides to leave.

Besides Nnamdi Kanu said that he was offered Biafra without the south south igbos when he was in prison and he refused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 29, 2018
iLoveAnambra:
do u knw the worst
they said that parents are free to name their children Igbo names or any other name

that dey dnt answer Amadi that is Igbo name

dey speak Igbo but those in PH dnt like to speak Igbo

if Someone from Etche can deny being Igbo

Baba fogerit
Dont worry baba.
Sense is falling upon all such dullardized people nowadays LOL

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Westbestside: 8:46am On Apr 29, 2018
meccuno:
But this your sister below dies not agree with you.

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by TundeBricklayer: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2018
Rochas2023:
Anambra really played critical role by influencing Anioma, I was in Rivers and discussing with my Ikwerre friend why they are denying being Igbo, he then told me they don't what to be sideline by fg like their kin in southeast, he went further by using Aba as case study, no infrastructure and what have you, average Anioma man or woman that visit Onitsha have no choice than to be proud of Igbo heritage, I could remember when Obiano invited Okowa for joint security meeting, also with former states of both states, majority of business guys in Onitsha leave in Asaba and do business in Onitsha, Igbo language is very common in Asaba, all motor packs, markets, churches, schools many from Anioma leave in Anambra, I went to my niece inter house sports in Asaba, they were proud of their Igbo heritage. Abia and IMO really need to play good role not the cat and mouse relation between Rocha's and Wike. Their major issue is fear.

7 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by babyfaceafrica: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2018
Why then do people lump all northerners as Hausa?.... Fulani, Berom,tiv,jukun,shua-arabs..nupe are different from native Hausas.

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by LZAA: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:
Dont worry baba. Sense is falling upon all such dullardized people nowadays LOL
grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by aniomafirstson: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

kachikwu has never denied being Igbo
kachikwu is from the oshimili/aniocha axis in delta state and they are proudly igbos

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by LZAA: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2018
immhotep:

sai baba disciples defy logic
Nigger -Areans must have sense

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Jonathan Vatsa: Buhari’s Body Language Fuels Tension In South-East, South-West / Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning / Supporters Of President Buhari On Solidarity Protest On The Streets Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.