Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? (22383 Views)

Leave South East, South-south Or We Resort To Self-defense – Biafra Group Warns / The Best And Worst Governors In The South-South? / Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 2:27pm On May 01, 2018
Igboid:

Nwanne, give it up already.

Ishilove sentiments is shared by majority of Ndokwa/Ukwuani people.
Stop calling them Igbos, stopping giving them that privilege, call them what they are and always had been.

That's fake Igbo ..akwaya...but not all of them
..some of them are pure Igbo

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nwadiuto247: 2:42pm On May 01, 2018
Ekinematics:

The Ikwerres and every other Niger Deltan(The 6 states of the SS) is satisfied with his/her home, unlike wonderres like you, your kits and kins that can't survive in your landlocked, erosion ravaged, red mud, barren SE, but must travel to another man's land and claim it to be iboland.
Yea they are wanderers indeed, making money in your land while you lazy about and begging/ extorting money from them. Quite shameful of you.

Since you hate them why don't you chase them out of your land? Of course you lack the powers to chase them away so shut up and bury your face in shame. Tomorrow you will blame Buhari for calling u lazy meanwhile laziness runs in your blood

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Ishilove: 2:47pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

Who cares? I don't think people would know you on the street but the last time I checked in proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo...a whole lot of Ukwuani identify as Igbo....maybe your ancestors where Benin felons that sought refuge in Igbo land...that is acceptable...but remember we know sons of soil...

Thank you
You and your ilk are incapable of passing across a point without insulting. When arguing with people offline, is this how you insult them? I should think not because It would speak of very poor home training. Such behaviour will earn you a very thorough beating, so what you can't do offline, don't come online to do it.

Fvck off my mentions, young man. I have no quarrel with you.

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Ishilove: 2:59pm On May 01, 2018
Igboid:

Ishilove sentiments is shared by majority of Ndokwa/Ukwuani people.
Indeed it is.

Saying being Igbo is a 'privilege' is just your ethnocentrism speaking. We really do not give a fvck

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by g0tze: 3:30pm On May 01, 2018
I don't like when ikweres are called igbos. They are too inferior to be referred to as igbos.
Ikwerre igbo tufiakwa.

8 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Igboid: 4:40pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Indeed it is.

Saying being Igbo is a 'privilege' is just your ethnocentrism speaking. We really do not give a fvck

Your Bini speaking ancestors who dumped their Bini language for Igboid one, certainly saw it as a privilege to be Igbo speaking, don't you think so?

7 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by groomed: 4:43pm On May 01, 2018
kalu61:
Gen Gowon started the division in order to weaken influence of igbo; Ojukwu by creating geo political zones which played out well but the.fact remains that you can't deny your history matter ehat happen. Odili, Amaechi and Wike, Ifeanyi Okowa and Azikiwe Jonathan are not table igbo names. When you see and ijaw name you will know. Igbos are found in some parts of middle belt as well. No matter where you are, that igbo DNA runs in you. The quest to take risk, successful and independent
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Ishilove: 5:51pm On May 01, 2018
Igboid:

Your Bini speaking ancestors who dumped their Bini language for Igboid one, certainly saw at as a privilege to be Igbo speaking, don't you think so?
My ancestors aren't Bini, young man. You can't know my history more than I. I have researched extensively before agreeing with my kinsfolk that we are not Igbo. Perhaps we once were, but not anymore

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:13pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

Know she is Ukwuani from the boundary side with Urhobo... Possibly Orogun side.. those folks are confused like bats ...they mix urhobo and Igbo just like ika are confused like hyena ..they mix Benin and Igbo

Ignore her

Statements like this are the exact reason many South South Igboid groups are resolute in rejecting their Igbo heritage. Because too many Igbo people like you abound and they can't be yoked with you and your type and I can't blame them for rejecting any association with disrespectful, uncouth loudmouths. There is nothing "confused" about Ika people. They have a complex history that sees them straddled between an obvious Benin ancestry and an Igboid identity. These groups are distinct in their own ways and merit the respect to determine their own identities. Only the colonial era brought to the fore any concept of a unified Igbo identity. We were perfectly happy before then to live and interact in our own clans and there was no unified Igbo civilization. Linguistic similarities aren't enough to forge a common identity. There needs to be wide consultation and a unity of purpose and mutual respect: respect that clowns like you never show, yet get offended when you're rejected by these groups and then pretend you don't care even though it clearly bothers you that they reject you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2018
g0tze:
I don't like when ikweres are called igbos. They are too inferior to be referred to as igbos.
Ikwerre igbo tufiakwa.

Another of the cretins I'm talking about. Yet, people like you won't allow the Ikwerre people rest. You meddle in their business and when they reject you, you get all bitter and insult them. Maybe they won't have to keep denying they are Igbo if you stop trying to force it down their throats that they are Igbo. So, who are these "superior" Igbos? Let's know which Igbos are inferior and superior. grin Some of you are mentally ill.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 6:50pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Statements like this are the exact reason many South South Igboid groups are resolute in rejecting their Igbo heritage. Because too many Igbo people like you abound and they can't be yoked with you and your type and I can't blame them for rejecting any association with disrespectful, uncouth loudmouths. There is nothing "confused" about Ika people. They have a complex history that sees them straddled between an obvious Benin ancestry and an Igboid identity. These groups are distinct in their own ways and merit the respect to determine their own identities. Only the colonial era brought to the fore any concept of a unified Igbo identity. We were perfectly happy before then to live and interact in our own clans and there was no unified Igbo civilization. Linguistic similarities aren't enough to forge a common identity. There needs to be wide consultation and a unity of purpose and mutual respect: respect that clowns like you never show, yet get offended when you're rejected by these groups and then pretend you don't care even though it clearly bothers you that they reject you.

That one concern you...they should be known for something...complex history gives them complex identity

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 6:51pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Another of the cretins I'm talking about. Yet, people like you won't allow the Ikwerre people rest. You meddle in their business and when they reject you, you get all bitter and insult them. Maybe they won't have to keep denying they are Igbo if you stop trying to force it down their throats that they are Igbo. So, who are these "superior" Igbos? Let's know which Igbos are inferior and superior. grin Some of you are mentally ill.

No body I think gives a damn about ikwerres folks..they don't look and act Igbo ...so we are good

But amaechi et al should stop claiming Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 6:52pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

My ancestors aren't Bini, young man. You can't know my history more than I. I have researched extensively before agreeing with my kinsfolk that we are not Igbo. Perhaps we once were, but not anymore

So...if your ancestors weren't Benin...then it means that the greater Igbo colonised your ancestors and wiped whatever language memory they spoke and implanted Igbo

Hailing to the Igbo then

5 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 6:53pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

You and your ilk are incapable of passing across a point without insulting. When arguing with people offline, is this how you insult them? I should think not because It would speak of very poor home training. Such behaviour will earn you a very thorough beating, so what you can't do offline, don't come online to do it.

Fvck off my mentions, young man. I have no quarrel with you.

I didn't insult you ...I said the fact

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Ishilove: 6:57pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

I didn't insult you ...I said the fact
The 'fact' is your supposition that my ancestors were Bini felons?

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:00pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

The 'fact' is your supposition that my ancestors were Bini felons?

We had felons from Benin that escaped the then ruthless obas and they came to the present day anioma to sought for refugee and this a historical fact

So what is insulting about this....maybe your ancestors might be one of them...it's maybe

It's from your surname that we would know ....it's just a historical fact

Ighotago

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Ishilove: 7:01pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I've been on Nairaland for almost 8 years, and I've spent all that time arguing over this 'Ukwuani are Igbo' nonsense. I am tired of arguing. Let them say whatever they like online, the reality is offline and I am living that reality.

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:02pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

That one concern you...they should be known for something...complex history gives them complex identity

Yes. They are known for something. Your being ignorant of who they are doesn't diminish who they are.

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:04pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Yes. They are known for something. Your being ignorant of who they are doesn't diminish who they are.

What are they known for again...just give me 3 international scholar or business men from the whole ikwerres I would give you 10 from let's say nnewi

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Ishilove: 7:05pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

We had felons from Benin that escaped the then ruthless obas and they came to the present day anioma to sought for refugee and this a historical fact

So what is insulting about this....maybe your ancestors might be one of them...it's maybe

It's from your surname that we would know ....it's just a historical fact

Ighotago
So you are assuming my ancestors are one of the escapee Bini felons and the only way to convince you is by supplying my surname to prove to YOU that I am not a progeny of criminals?

You are very cheeky, uncouth and disrespectful. I am done responding to your inanity.

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:05pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

I've been on Nairaland for almost 8 years, and I've spent all that time arguing over this 'Ukwuani are Igbo' nonsense. I am tired of arguing. Let them say whatever they like online, the reality is offline and I am living that reality.

You don't need to argue....I know a whole lot of dude from Obiaruku to Ashaka and some see themselves as Igbo even in proudly anioma group also...and that's a fact

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:08pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

So you are assuming my ancestors are one of the escapee Bini felons and the only way to convince you is by supplying my surname to prove to YOU that I am not a progeny of criminals?

You are very cheeky, uncouth and disrespectful. I am done responding to your inanity.

I said maybe ...that's the fact ...that's maybe....because that's the logical explanation..the migrants to anioma was acvomodated and they started speaking igbo which is the Aboriginal language it's either they are felons or refugees seeking folks

We totally understand that ...but don't say that not all ukwuani arw not Igbo because I have seen tons of them haven lived in Asaba before

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:08pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

No body I think gives a damn about ikwerres folks..they don't look and act Igbo ...so we are good

But amaechi et al should stop claiming Igbo

How do Igbos look and act? Do Idemili people look and act like Enugu-Ezike people, or do Mbaise people look and act like Ezza people? If nobody gives a damn, why do so many Igbos keep giving themselves headache over whether Ikwerre people identify as Igbo or not?

Amaechi can claim whatever he damn pleases. Identity is a choice. There's nothing you can do about it. Afterall, there are many Igbo efulefus claiming to be Jews and carrying Israel flag and Star of David insignia about without shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by horsepower101: 7:11pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Please educate me on ukwuani people's history..

How did they get their name and language that they speak. This is a sincere question because I don't know. Thanks
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:11pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

What are they known for again...just give me 3 international scholar or business men from the whole ikwerres I would give you 10 from let's say nnewi

Is that a criterion for being Igbo? Are you Igbo? Are you an international scholar or renowned businessman?

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by dasparrow: 7:14pm On May 01, 2018
Igboid:

The Igbo denial ish is endemic in Ika/Ikwerre/ Ogba/Ndoni/Ekpeye/Ukwuani parts and recently Etche/ Egbema in Rivers, Asa and Ndoki in Oyigbo Rivers are beginning to catch the identity crisis bug.

See, you need to stop being so unnecessarily bitter about how other groups of people choose to identify themselves.

Now, I don't really have a dog in this fight because I don't really care much about tribe like the average Nigerian does. However, based on what I observed /experienced during my temporary stay in Nigeria, Igbos from the East were the ones who always considered Igboid minorities who come from outside the 5 core Eastern states to be lesser or inferior Igbos.

I cannot count the number of times Igbos from the East accused Ikas, Ukwuani people, etc of not being Igbos because they could not understand when these groups spoke their Ika, Ukwuani or whatever Igboid language.

Let me just be very blunt with you without mincing words. Most of you Igbos from the East have issues. You people are very rude and condescending towards igboid groups from the South-South part of the country.

You people make rude, condescending remarks when you hear igboid minorities from the South-South proudly speaking their various languages or dialects if you wanna call it that.

I had a co-worker back then originally from Enugu state tell me Ukwuani language is Igbo language spoken upside down. I had an Igbo man from the East tell me that igboid speaking minorities in Delta State are half-baked Igbos. I had an Imo woman in New York tell me several years ago out of the blue that Igbos from the East don't like people who are "Bendel-Igbo". There are many other real live instances I can give but I don't feel like making this post even longer than it should be.

I am guessing that older folks who are Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre and other Igboid minorities from the South-South must have gone through this same crap at the hands of Eastern Igbos even back then and so after the biafra war ended, they decided to come up with their own cultural and ethnic identity and teach their children same.

Also, there is a lot of intermarriage in Delta State particularly between these Igboid groups and their next door neighbours who are the Isoko, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ijaw ethnicities so some Igboid peeps in the South - South are now unique ethnic groups of their own and embrace whom they have become as a people to the chagrin of the Eastern Igbos.

You can't expect Igboid minorities to clamour for Igbo identity when you Eastern Igbos stay being salty, rude and condescending towards these people. You see them as inferior to you. In REAL LIFE, you people don't really see them as one of you. You see them as an inferior version of you. Heck, you don't even have unity among yourselves in your South - East Region. Look at how many times I hear Igbos from Enugu, Anambra, etc make disparaging remarks about Igbos from Ebonyi State.

Then you come on Nairaland and try to falsely accuse South - South Igboid ethnicities of having identity crisis and what have you. I don't usually indulge in all the tribal banters on Nairaland because that ain't my scene but I just felt I needed to say something because I know what I have personally witnessed.

My advice is: Let MY people be. Focus on YOUR region of the country and how to best develop it. Stop trying to tell other ethnicities what to do and how to identify themselves. It reeks of desperation and inferiority complex.

Work hard and pray hard so you can get your Biafra. Stop creating unnecessary enmity both online and offline with other Nigerians. Bible says in Romans 12:18 "Do all you can to live in peace with everyone." (NLT).

Now you are free to cuss me out. I don't care. Its how y'all roll anyway. I'm out!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:15pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Often considered as Igbos, probably from the language similarities, Ųkwųani people are one of the tribes in the Delta state, Nigeria.

They are found majorly in the Northern part of Delta State and in some parts of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni local government area of Rivers state, Nigeria.

Nationally considered a minority, the Ukwuanis are the second largest ethnic group in Delta state to Urhobo ethnic group and the largest ethnic group in the North senatorial district collectively known as the Aniomas.

https://amp.pulse.ng/lifestyle/food-travel-arts-culture/what-you-probably-didnt-know-abotu-the-ukwani-people-id8184180.html

You can argue with your keyboard

Delta State is populated by 5 distinct ethnic groups:

a. The Igboid groups such as Ika (Agbor), Enuani (Asaba), Ukwuani/Ndokwa (Kwale). It should be noted that while these groups maybe Igboid linguistically, they don’t perceive themselves as Igbos culturally and otherwise. The only group that has major affinities with Igbos is the Enuanis (Asaba). The Ukwuanis have some cultural affinities with Urhobo/Isoko due to long contact. Collectively, the “Delta Igbos”, as they are called, have a population of about 1.5 million and they form the second dominant ethnic bloc. They also occupy Delta North senatorial district. They are known as ANIOMA people, an acronym derived from Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimili while the (ma) is a common suffix to complete the word which means “good land”.

http://www.informationng.com/2017/03/10-things-bet-didnt-know-delta-state.html/amp

Now you can argue but your position doesn't change the position of sins of soil or how the world sees you

Just like difference between a crocodile and alligator

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Preshy561(f): 7:17pm On May 01, 2018
ISLAMBAD:

Are you sure you are an ibo man ?
So you don't know that the former President of Ohaneze from 2008 is from Delta ?
he's not Igbo. but kept masquerading as Igbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:18pm On May 01, 2018
dasparrow:

See, you need to stop being so unnecessarily bitter about how other groups of people choose to identify themselves.

Now, I don't really have a dog in this fight because I don't really care much about tribe like the average Nigerian does. However, based on what I observed /experienced during my temporary stay in Nigeria, Igbos from the East were the ones who always considered Igboid minorities who come from outside the 5 core Eastern states to be lesser or inferior Igbos.

I cannot count the number of times Igbos from the East accused Ikas, Ukwuani people, etc of not being Igbos because they could not understand when these groups spoke their Ika, Ukwuani or whatever Igboid language.

Let me just be very blunt with you without mincing words. Most of you Igbos from the East have issues. You people are very rude and condescending towards igboid groups from the South-South part of the country.

You people make rude, condescending remarks when you hear igboid minorities from the South-South proudly speaking their various languages or dialects if you wanna call it that.

I had a co-worker back then originally from Enugu state tell me Ukwuani language is Igbo language spoken upside down. I had an Igbo man from the East tell me that igboid speaking minorities in Delta State are half-baked Igbos. I had an Imo woman in New York tell me several years ago out of the blue that Igbos from the East don't like people who are "Bendel-Igbo". There are many other real live instances I can give but I don't feel like making this post even longer than it should be.

I am guessing that older folks who are Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre and other Igboid minorities from the South-South must have gone through this same crap at the hands of Eastern Igbos even back then and so after the biafra war ended, they decided to come up with their own cultural and ethnic identity and teach their children same.

Also, there is a lot of intermarriage in Delta State particularly between these Igboid groups and their next door neighbours who are the Isoko, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ijaw ethnicities so some Igboid peeps in the South - South are now unique ethnic groups of their own and embrace whom they have become as a people to the chagrin of the Eastern Igbos.

You can't expect Igboid minorities to clamour for Igbo identity when you Eastern Igbos stay being salty, rude and condescending towards these people. You see them as inferior to you. In REAL LIFE, you people don't really see them as one of you. You see them as an inferior version of you. Heck, you don't even have unity among yourselves in your South - East Region. Look at how many times I hear Igbos from Enugu, Anambra, etc make disparaging remarks about Igbos from Ebonyi State.

Then you come on Nairaland and try to falsely accuse South - South Igboid ethnicities of having identity crisis and what have you. I don't usually indulge in all the tribal banters on Nairaland because that ain't my scene but I just felt I needed to say something because I know what I have personally witnessed.

My advice is: Let MY people be. Focus on YOUR region of the country and how to best develop it. Stop trying to tell other ethnicities what to do and how to identify themselves. It reeks of desperation and inferiority complex.

Work hard and pray hard so you can get your Biafra. Stop creating unnecessary enmity both online and offline with other Nigerians. Bible says in Romans 12:18 "Do all you can to live in peace with everyone." (NLT).

Now you are free to cuss me out. I don't care. Its how y'all roll anyway. I'm out!

So because they tell you this...you chicken out and confidence level drops...instead of you standing on your feet and prove that your dialect is better

I laugh in Etche

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:18pm On May 01, 2018
horsepower101:

How did they get their name and language that they speak. This is a sincere question because I don't know. Thanks

There is nothing to educate... seriously she I
Ain't got it
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 7:20pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

How do Igbos look and act? Do Idemili people look and act like Enugu-Ezike people, or do Mbaise people look and act like Ezza people? If nobody gives a damn, why do so many Igbos keep giving themselves headache over whether Ikwerre people identify as Igbo or not?

Amaechi can claim whatever he damn pleases. Identity is a choice. There's nothing you can do about it. Afterall, there are many Igbo efulefus claiming to be Jews and carrying Israel flag and Star of David insignia about without shame.

Now you are talking ...identity is a choice ..some ikwerres claim Igbo while some claim whatever same with ukwuani so...that's it and beside it...who wrote this post is from Delta igbo not Eastern Igbo mind you...he is on Facebook

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by dasparrow: 7:21pm On May 01, 2018
horsepower101:

Go research it yourself please. She owes you no explanation. If you are a university graduate, you should be conversant with online research. Ain't nobody here to baby sit nobody.

If you are so interested in the Ukwuani folks and their history, go and conduct your own research. Ain't nothing stopping you. We can all learn a thing or two about one another. You are also welcome to visit your local library and peruse books that focus on Ukwuani history.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC / Saraki, Amosun, Oyegun And Ambode At Inauguration Ceremony Of Obaseki / Atiku Emerges New Waziri Adamawa, As Son Takes Over Title Of Turaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.