Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? (22388 Views)

Leave South East, South-south Or We Resort To Self-defense – Biafra Group Warns / The Best And Worst Governors In The South-South? / Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by groomed: 7:21pm On May 01, 2018
I always know there will be the boastful anywhere Igbos gather. Tufiakwa... Sometimes I feel ashamed to identify with folks like this, who have gracefully earned the "chestbeaters badge on nairaland.

Boast, arrogant, stubborn, proud... Like say Na only igbo God create. Mschwwwww

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by horsepower101: 7:23pm On May 01, 2018
dasparrow:

See, you need to stop being so unnecessarily bitter about how other groups of people choose to identify themselves.

Now, I don't really have a dog in this fight because I don't really care much about tribe like the average Nigerian does. However, based on what I observed /experienced during my temporary stay in Nigeria, Igbos from the East were the ones who always considered Igboid minorities who come from outside the 5 core Eastern states to be lesser or inferior Igbos.

I cannot count the number of times Igbos from the East accused Ikas, Ukwuani people, etc of not being Igbos because they could not understand when these groups spoke their Ika, Ukwuani or whatever Igboid language.

Let me just be very blunt with you without mincing words. Most of you Igbos from the East have issues. You people are very rude and condescending towards igboid groups from the South-South part of the country.

You people make rude, condescending remarks when you hear igboid minorities from the South-South proudly speaking their various languages or dialects if you wanna call it that.

I had a co-worker back then originally from Enugu state tell me Ukwuani language is Igbo language spoken upside down. I had an Igbo man from the East tell me that igboid speaking minorities in Delta State are half-baked Igbos. I had an Imo woman in New York tell me several years ago out of the blue that Igbos from the East don't like people who are "Bendel-Igbo". There are many other real live instances I can give but I don't feel like making this post even longer than it should be.

I am guessing that older folks who are Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre and other Igboid minorities from the South-South must have gone through this same crap at the hands of Eastern Igbos even back then and so after the biafra war ended, they decided to come up with their own cultural and ethnic identity and teach their children same.

Also, there is a lot of intermarriage in Delta State particularly between these Igboid groups and their next door neighbours who are the Isoko, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ijaw ethnicities so some Igboid peeps in the South - South are now unique ethnic groups of their own and embrace whom they have become as a people to the chagrin of the Eastern Igbos.

You can't expect Igboid minorities to clamour for Igbo identity when you Eastern Igbos stay being salty, rude and condescending towards these people. You see them as inferior to you. In REAL LIFE, you people don't really see them as one of you. You see them as an inferior version of you. Heck, you don't even have unity among yourselves in your South - East Region. Look at how many times I hear Igbos from Enugu, Anambra, etc make disparaging remarks about Igbos from Ebonyi State.

Then you come on Nairaland and try to falsely accuse South - South Igboid ethnicities of having identity crisis and what have you. I don't usually indulge in all the tribal banters on Nairaland because that ain't my scene but I just felt I needed to say something because I know what I have personally witnessed.

My advice is: Let MY people be. Focus on YOUR region of the country and how to best develop it. Stop trying to tell other ethnicities what to do and how to identify themselves. It reeks of desperation and inferiority complex.

Work hard and pray hard so you can get your Biafra. Stop creating unnecessary enmity both online and offline with other Nigerians. Bible says in Romans 12:18 "Do all you can to live in peace with everyone." (NLT).

Now you are free to cuss me out. I don't care. Its how y'all roll anyway. I'm out!

No sane person will curse you out because you made valid points but you are using personal experience to generalize group experiences. Like I said, majority of igbos in the south east and south south see themselves as one people. The problem is that those who don't are more vocal but are in the minority.

They are a very loud minority on both sides and are easier to be noticed by the neutral ones or bystanders.

The same story you just shared have also been shared in reverse by some igbos in the south east.

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Preshy561(f): 7:23pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:

My ancestors aren't Bini, young man. You can't know my history more than I. I have researched extensively before agreeing with my kinsfolk that we are not Igbo. Perhaps we once were, but not anymore
You and your kinsmen are really wallowing in confusion.
You don't even know your ancestral home.shocked

5 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Preshy561(f): 7:25pm On May 01, 2018
groomed:
I always know there will be the boastful anywhere Igbos gather. Tufiakwa... Sometimes I feel ashamed to identify with folks like this, who have gracefully earned the "chestbeaters badge on nairaland.

make jealousy kee you there.cheesy

Igbo bloodforever.
deal with it.

6 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:30pm On May 01, 2018
groomed:

You can't imagine the shame it makes me feel. It's like a unique tribal disease Igbos uniquely have. On this very forum, every tribal e-battle has Igbo as the common denominator: Igbo-Yoruba (the main one); Igbo-Hausa/Fulani (the 2nd main one); Igbo - Niger Deltans; Igbo - Middle Belters etc. It's never Yoruba-Hausa for example. It's always Igbo and someone else. Even among themselves, the same sickness obtains. Anambrarians are the worst (even though both my parents are from there). Some sick ones among them troll Imo and Enugu threads, attacking other Igbo groups and declaring themselves the master race of Igbos. It's deeply embarrassing. I can't understand what is responsible for such a widespread social malaise.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by horsepower101: 7:31pm On May 01, 2018
dasparrow:

Go research it yourself please. She owes you no explanation. If you are a university graduate, you should be conversant with online research. Ain't nobody here to baby sit nobody.

If you are so interested in the Ukwuani folks and their history, go and conduct your own research. Ain't nothing stopping you. We can all learn a thing or two about one another. You are also welcome to visit your local library and peruse books that focus on Ukwuani history.
Edit: I thought that I was responding to her..

She said she have done her research that why I asked her personally. Why are you lashing out at me?

At least she should provide her sources so I can research myself.

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 7:31pm On May 01, 2018
shallysgirl:
The guy is definitely not Igbo. May have fooled some of us. I ignored his user name initially but I think that is the clue.

don't even dare to deny me my ethnicity.....dont.....
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by QueenSekxy(f): 7:35pm On May 01, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

don't even dare to deny me my ethnicity.....dont.....
shut it.
You didn't even know things in ohaneze and you are here saying rubbish about being Igbo, you manipulated people to believe you disgusting comments here.
thank God you have been busted.

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2018
Preshy561:

You and your kinsmen are really wallowing in confusion.
You don't even know your ancestral home.shocked

There is no "confusion" about it. Only your ignorance. Arsene Wenger is from Alsace, an area in France dominated by ethnic German speakers. Like most Alsace-Lorraine indigenes, he identifies as French, not German. An average Austrian man doesn't identify as German just because he speaks German. Identity evolves with time based on group interactions and geography and historical events.

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 7:41pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

We had felons from Benin that escaped the then ruthless obas and they came to the present day anioma to sought for refugee and this a historical fact

So what is insulting about this....maybe your ancestors might be one of them...it's maybe

It's from your surname that we would know ....it's just a historical fact

Ighotago

chai......

Ighotago.....this is the language we used more often here across the Niger but that doesn't validate u to be igbo....

cc

ishilove
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 7:42pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

What are they known for again...just give me 3 international scholar or business men from the whole ikwerres I would give you 10 from let's say nnewi

hmmmmmm.......this boy
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by groomed: 7:44pm On May 01, 2018
Preshy561:

make jealousy kee you there.cheesy

Igbo bloodforever.
deal with it.
You are not more igbo than myself but I am not one who will allow sentiments to cloud my thinking.... fork it!
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by groomed: 7:46pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

You can't imagine the shame it makes me feel. It's like a unique tribal disease Igbos uniquely have. On this very forum, every tribal e-battle has Igbo as the common denominator: Igbo-Yoruba (the main one); Igbo-Hausa/Fulani (the 2nd main one); Igbo - Niger Deltans; Igbo - Middle Belters etc. It's never Yoruba-Hausa for example. It's always Igbo and someone else. Even among themselves, the same sickness obtains. Anambrarians are the worst (even though both my parents are from there). Some sick ones among them troll Imo and Enugu threads, attacking other Igbo groups and declaring themselves the master race of Igbos. It's deeply embarrassing. I can't understand what is responsible for such a widespread social malaise.
na look I just dey look most of them. They should continue, social media and the internet is helping them magnify their image well well...
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 7:50pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull, shallygirl, preshy561, islambad, . QueenSekxy ..are trying to deny me my igbo identity and ethnicity.........

how can someone from south south.....claim igbo than me from across the niger...

what a taboo...

aru!
aru!!
aru!!!...
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Positivepoint(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2018
Nowenuse:
South-South Igbos do not actually know that if they can come together under one umbrella, they would automatically become the largest and most influential group in the south-south.
Instead they rather prefer to identify with their local govt areas.

SS Igbos control 2 of the top 5 most influential cities in the SS, Asaba & PH. They have let Ijaws become the identity of the SS out of their own foolishness.

Mujaheed asari dokubo is hausa. Since u are using name as yardstick for identity
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:59pm On May 01, 2018
Positivepoint:

Mujaheed asari dokubo is hausa. Since u are using name as yardstick for identity

That's an even worse claim than shoving Igbo-ness down the throats of Igboid groups. I'm pretty sure the Igbo ties of the South-South Igboid groups has a lot more than "names" to it. grin And there is nothing Hausa about Asari Dokubo's name. Except you think everyone in the world that answers Muslim names are Hausa.

2 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by QueenSekxy(f): 8:02pm On May 01, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
ari.esbull, sha.llygirl, pre.shy561, isla.mbad, . Quee.nSekxy ..are trying to deny me my igbo identity and ethnicity.........

how can someone from south south.....claim igbo than me from across the niger...

what a taboo...

aru!
aru!!
aru!!!...
shut up biko.
undecided
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 8:10pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

we are not known to suffer inferiority complex.....as igbo

so just clear up that trash...
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 01, 2018
Nwadiuto247:

Yea they are wanderers indeed, making money in your land while you lazy about and begging/ extorting money from them. Quite shameful of you.

Since you hate them why don't you chase them out of your land? Of course you lack the powers to chase them away so shut up and bury your face in shame. Tomorrow you will blame Buhari for calling u lazy meanwhile laziness runs in your blood

Another lost one from the red mud on the loose.

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 01, 2018
Positivepoint:

Allow the idiots to continue ranting here. It's their trademark. Go through almost every post on nairaland you'll see them littering the post with chest beating.

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:19pm On May 01, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

we are not known to suffer inferiority complex.....as igbo

so just clear up that trash...

On the contrary, uppity, boastful, chest-beating braggarts are often those suffering from low self-esteem. It's basic reverse psychology.

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 8:22pm On May 01, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
ariesbull, shallygirl, preshy561, islambad, . QueenSekxy ..are trying to deny me my igbo identity and ethnicity.........

what a taboo...

aru!
aru!!
aru!!!...

Are you an igbo ?
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

What are they known for again...just give me 3 international scholar or business men from the whole ikwerres I would give you 10 from let's say nnewi

You claim you people are this and that, but won't allow the people you feel are inferior to you rest.
The people that have never opened any thread to attach themselves to you, neither do they run from their land to come settle in yours just the way you, your kits and kins move in droves to settle and make a living for yourselves on the soil of this people you feel you are better than.

Just go hide yourself in shame, because you not worthy of anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 8:24pm On May 01, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

chai......

Ighotago.....this is the language we used more often here across the Niger but that doesn't validate u to be igbo....

cc

ishilove

Ogini kwa ....I talk oooo what's ighotago seff in your place
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 8:25pm On May 01, 2018
Ekinematics:

You claim you people are this and that, but won't allow the people you feel are inferior to you rest.
The people that have never opened any thread to attach themselves to you, neither do they run from their land to come settle in yours just the way you, your kits and kins move in droves to settle and make a living for yourselves on the soil of this people you feel you are better than.

Just go hide yourself in shame, because you not worthy of anything.

Oga ...I don't reckon with ikwerres...I haven't seen any ikwerre man here in Abuja. Seriously , they are not reckoned

I respect obigbo folks more

3 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by chubbyswit(m): 8:25pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

No there is a reason....they just can't compete with the mainland Igbo so they take the escapist route of denials..and that's a major reason
envy and jealousy have not solved any problems in life rather it mutiplies them.
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

Oga ...I don't reckon with ikwerres...I haven't seen any ikwerre man here in Abuja. Seriously , they are not reckoned

I respect obigbo folks more

What will he/ she go to Abuja to do? Is there war in his home that he can't reside at home?

The Rivers man is satisfied with his home. He's not like the Ibos who must travel out of his home before he can succeed. Kapich!

1 Like

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 8:27pm On May 01, 2018
Positivepoint:

That guy is a Benin boy
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by Reelectbuhari: 8:28pm On May 01, 2018
ariesbull:

Are you an igbo ?

Full Igbo to the core..... from across the niger....
Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 8:29pm On May 01, 2018
chubbyswit:
envy and jealousy have not solved any problems in life rather it mutiplies them.

They just can't stand the Igbo ....that's why they hate and envious of them....we don't send them especially the ikwerres

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by g0tze: 8:29pm On May 01, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Another of the cretins I'm talking about. Yet, people like you won't allow the Ikwerre people rest. You meddle in their business and when they reject you, you get all bitter and insult them. Maybe they won't have to keep denying they are Igbo if you stop trying to force it down their throats that they are Igbo. So, who are these "superior" Igbos? Let's know which Igbos are inferior and superior. grin Some of you are mentally ill.
Another ikwere rearing his ugly head. I can never force you and your confused brothers to be igbo. It is not possible for me or for the igbo nation to be brothers with a lazy sub group that reaps where they did not sow. Tufiakwa.

4 Likes

Re: Do The Igbo Indigenous To South South Matter ? by ariesbull: 8:29pm On May 01, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

Full Igbo to the core.....
from across the niger....

Which side of the Niger

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

“Ihedioha Bent On Destroying My Landmark Projects” – Okorocha / Obasanjo And Friends Laughing Hard At Atiku / Leah Sharibu: Report Of Second Baby Heartbreaking, Say Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.