Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (809338 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wazilo: 4:11pm On May 11, 2018
@akachukwu123 thank you for your quick response I appreciate have sent you a mail,hoping to hear from you soon.
Akachukwu123:
Visit www.engineers Australia.org.au and read up requirements. I had a positive outcome in august 2017 so i can guide u perfectly.The first step is by writing three career episodes, CDR etc.
You can email me on onyejekwulumakaa@yahoo.com if u have more questions.

Cheers

quote author=wazilo post=67429044]Please guru's in the house help out

[Qquote author=wazilo post=67399634]Please advise is needed here, I saw this statement while assessing the vetassess page
Am 36, studied materials and metallurgical engineering and worked as a project engineer in a facilities management company 3 years , ielt 7 in each band and planning on writing PTE ....Please gentleman and fellows in the house can I get an advice.I have been following this but now I think I need guideline here
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nonny100: 4:25pm On May 11, 2018
Thank you...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Image123(m): 10:31pm On May 11, 2018
@bellong and co.
Informative thread you've put up here. However i somehow missed the cost implications in all these? Is there no requirement of bank statement, proof of funds kind of? It will be good to have such idea from the first page.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 11, 2018
@wapu many thanks bro

@Arisslover, many thanks ma

@Azy123 thanks, hope to ace the PTE like you, any special tips?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:01am On May 12, 2018
Image123:
@bellong and co.
Informative thread you've put up here. [b]However i somehow missed the cost implications in all these? [/b]Is there no requirement of bank statement, proof of funds kind of? It will be good to have such idea from the first page.

The cost implications are outlined in all the links I added. If you read through, you will find it there.

Meanwhile, there is no POF required for subclass 189. However, for 190 some states require POF like Northern Territory and Queensland, others do not but will want you to declare what you have to support yourself.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by humility101: 9:40am On May 12, 2018
@oga Bellong, Piusford, Adeomoade, Jaybwoi, Oknee and all the gurus, I appreciate the good work you guys are doing in here and I pray that the good Lord will reward you all abundantly
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Image123(m): 2:38pm On May 12, 2018
bellong:

The cost implications are outlined in all the links I added. If you read through, you will find it there.

Meanwhile, there is no POF required for subclass 189. However, for 190 some states require POF like Northern Territory and Queensland, others do not but will want you to declare what you have to support yourself.

thanks. 489?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Michaelamo: 5:31pm On May 12, 2018
Image123:

thanks. 489?

Same as 190, a lot of state do not require POF. NSW for example.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Michaelamo: 5:36pm On May 12, 2018
humility101:

I don't have any payslip as I am being paid by hand in my current place of work.
please how do I go about the AIMS assessment.

Read about the requirements on their website, if you are not clear with some of the terms, then ask again here.

http://www.aims.org.au/
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wazilo: 6:18pm On May 12, 2018
@michaelamo please as I have worked as a facilities engineer previously which also in list and I graduated as met/mat engineer,Please how do I go about the occupation of choice.should I go for facilities manager in vetassesd or met/mat engineer under EA?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:57pm On May 12, 2018
Hi Oga Bellong....

Great work you are doing here. Please i am a Mech.Engineering graduate with about 7 years banking experience and 2 years in Sales/business development...

Any hope for me?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by erickjany: 9:10pm On May 12, 2018
@bellong and other good contributors, thanks for the great work you people are doing here.
Please i am interested for this Aussie journey.
I am a materials and metallurgical engineer. 3 yrs working experience as a metallurgist but presently working as a sales/marketing in one of the reputable insurance company in nigeria. Please any hope for me? Can I succeed if I apply for the 489 visa class?
Please help me I seriously need your advice. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Michaelamo: 9:27pm On May 12, 2018
wazilo:
@michaelamo please as I have worked as a facilities engineer previously which also in list and I graduated as met/mat engineer,Please how do I go about the occupation of choice.should I go for facilities manager in vetassesd or met/mat engineer under EA?

Any of the occupation you go for should be your choice. One thing you have to take note of is the demand of that occupation in general. While one might have option from 189 to 489, the other might be restricted to just 189 or 189 and 190. Then the number of states nominating that very occupation. You need to put all these into consideration before making your choice.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by GodnGold: 9:46pm On May 12, 2018
Good day!
I have read through the pages and I am worried everything is still confusing.
Please can someone send the layman's guide to obtaining a Permanent residence without so much abbreviations for a family of five.
I studied English language in a private Uni and teach English in a public school.I have 5 years experience in this field.
Please bare in mind that my course of study is not English education but B.A(Hons).
Please all information will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Chitos(f): 1:27am On May 13, 2018
Please does Australia relocation process require one has a lump some in his or her bank account?

If yes, Pls send a link to assess the financial requirement
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 1:57am On May 13, 2018
Chitos:
Please does Australia relocation process require one has a lump some in his or her bank account?

If yes, Pls send a link to assess the financial requirement

Even on this newly created DIY platform that is barely 10pages, this has been answered multiple times. Are we having illiterates in the house, that can't read between the lines?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:22am On May 13, 2018
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Even on this newly created DIY platform that is barely 10pages, this has been answered multiple times. Are we having illiterates in the house, that can't read between the lines?

Even on this very... page. Hmmmn.

Well...maybe. not illiterates but just quite undedicated to reading&research #GMPC

@Chitos. If you wish to be successful on this journey, please start studying from the very first page of this thread. Regarding your question, few posts before yours has the answer.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by fatima04: 8:18am On May 13, 2018
bellong:

U are really trying oo @bellong, people want to migrate without reading and not knowing dey can't survive in such countries without carrying out research about daily activities sef.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42am On May 13, 2018
GodnGold:
Good day!
I have read through the pages and I am worried everything is still confusing.
Please can someone send the layman's guide to obtaining a Permanent residence without so much abbreviations for a family of five.
I studied English language in a private Uni and teach English in a public school.I have 5 years experience in this field.
Please bare in mind that my course of study is not English education but B.A(Hons).
Please all information will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Why not dedicate sometime to reading and understanding the fundamentals then ask questions when you have challenges.

As a teacher I'm sure research is something you are use to.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akachukwu123: 10:01am On May 13, 2018
When did u obtain your degree??!
You can package your work experience from when u got ur results till this may, 2018.
All u need is to align well with your employer.

Cheers

quote author=humility101 post=67491563]@oga Bellong, Piusford, Adeomoade, Jaybwoi, Oknee and all the gurus, I appreciate the good work you guys are doing in here and I pray that the good Lord will reward you all abundantly.

I am a medical lab scientist, I graduated in 2012. I rounded up both my internship and NYSC in 2016 (due to some delay in result compilation, Strike and difficulty to find a place for internship) and since then I have been working in a private diagnostic centre.

Now my question is how many years of work experience should I claim. The only supporting document I have for work experience is my internship letter of appointment.

I don't have any payslip as I am being paid by hand in my current place of work.
please how do I go about the AIMS assessment.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Michaelamo: 1:40pm On May 13, 2018
PresidentAtiku:

Great work you are doing here. Please i am a Mech.Engineering graduate with about 7 years banking experience and 2 years in Sales/business development...

Any hope for me?

Hope dey, but that hope hinge on your dedication to read and do thorough research. Head on to EA website if you need to assess as a mechanical engineer. Bur take note, none of those experience you have are relevant.

engineersaustralia.org.au
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by oknee: 9:01pm On May 13, 2018
humility101:

I am a medical lab scientist,
Work experience starts from your internship. If you do not have a pay slip for any period, you can get your employer to write your pay breakdown in his letter headed paper. I used that for my internship period when i applied for assessment which was positive. Back any experience you are claiming with lots of documentation if possible e.g official correspondence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by TRAY2(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2018
You guys doing a wonderful job, i am a Medical Radiographer of 6 years working experience,31,married, wifey 28 an accountant with also 6 years working experience.I have read all through the thread and i googled about my profession and i was able to come up with that info.Pls i kindly help clarify what those points meant.Thanks

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by paulooma(m): 12:51am On May 14, 2018
Hello Azy123, I'll love to clarify something, I have HND in Electrical Electronics and I intend to use my MCSE certificate as the information for the Education and it's indicated in their ACS outline. What will you advise me?

Azy123:
As the others have pointed out. As far as ACS is concerned Certifications will have no bearing on your nomination. I initially did MCSE because my Bsc. is not computer related. I wasted time going for the certification and it eventually cost me a lot.

Even if you studied something else you can get a positive outcome from ACS and in your own case you studied computer science.

The alternative of going through EA need to be verified properly for someone who did not study engineering but with 5 years experience.

Humanshadow once wrote

"Please note that when submitting your application to EA, you have to nominate an occupation that you will be assessed on since it is CDR. As long as you have a degree in Engineering, it usually does'nt matter what field of Engineering you nominated provided that you can prove to EA that you have relevant work experience in that field. In writing my CDR, I used my MSc thesis and the other two from the work I did in the profession I nominated. Use professional Engineer as @Bellong mentioned. "

-Unquote.

In this case she studied computer science not engineering.

cc: michaelamo, jayoo etc

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rapture07: 7:36am On May 14, 2018
on a serious note. for newbies here i advice you read previous thread on this topic, there is a treasure trove of information there, u wouldnt ask all these questions if u just read tru. dont be in a rush to apply read, and research. u can dedicate 20pages daily.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ejimjesus: 8:00am On May 14, 2018
Good morning house. @bellong, mamajaz, and all medical laboratory scientists

This is the email I got from AIMS today

Dear Casmir,

Your assessment has returned from the Committee and you have been assessed as eligible to sit the AIMS Professional Examination.

The administration side of your assessment is being processed and will take a few weeks to be completed and be posted.

As the deadline (1 June 2018) to enrol for the September 2018 AIMS Professional Examination is fast approaching, we can, on this occasion, accept an emailed application form for your provisional enrolment into the September 2018 exam, however, you must also post the original application form to us by 30 June 2018. We have attached the examination application form and information pack to this email. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us.

Your AIMS assessment number is: 720/18-2.1

Examination Application Fees can be found on our website: https://www.aims.org.au/services/assessment-options/Fees-for-Qualification-Assessment

Kind Regards

Bronwyn Curry

Administration Officer

www.aims.org.au

My question is, must I write the professional examination before expression of interest?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ejimjesus: 9:00am On May 14, 2018
@adeomoade

Please adeomoade, can you please send me any means to reach you?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Azy123(m): 9:11am On May 14, 2018
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Azy123(m): 9:14am On May 14, 2018
Your MCSE or HND can be used ( check your transcript to be sure it would be assesed as ICT MAJOR )

they are both diploma and either one u use will fectch you 10 point.

ACS requires 5 - 6 years experience before you can have a positive assessment when using a diploma qualification and those experience years cannot be claimed.

You can use any of MCSE or HND whichever is earlier.

paulooma:
Hello Azy123, I'll love to clarify something, I have HND in Electrical Electronics and I intend to use my MCSE certificate as the information for the Education and it's indicated in their ACS outline. What will you advise me?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ejimjesus: 9:20am On May 14, 2018
Azy123:
Congratulations!!!!

Sorry, I was meant to quote adeomoade who received the grant. I am still on the process please
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2018
paulooma:

Why ACS and not EA?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Azy123(m): 9:43am On May 14, 2018
grin grin grin grin

I keep congratulating people in advance.

ejimjesus:

Sorry, I was meant to quote adeomoade who received the grant. I am still on the process please

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.