Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (805318 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 4:58am On May 01, 2018
meelife:
OK,I get you.As it's available for visa subclass 186 which is Employer nomination,should one complete studies and starts work in Australia can the person now apply for PR under the 186 stream for Pr?or PR is just available through 189,190 & 489 only?

An employer must be willing to sponsor you under the scheme before you can apply.

No PR is also available through employer nomination scheme and business stream.

Nominating a closely related occupation means another occupation that is on 189 list but has similar job functions as per Anzco job code right?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35am On May 01, 2018
buzu84:
Congrats Aussielyfe.

I have a BSC in computer science and have about 10 certified year in the IT domain.

I had early tried applying for the Aussie PR, but i had my points cut (especially for degree and profession verification by ACS because i had my degree from a Nigerian Private university i was given an Advanced Diploma equivalent and also they cut my years of experience to just 2), which made my overall points depreciate. I was quite upset that i gave up. By the way profession opted for was IT Business Analyst

I really do not know why your assessment by ACS was AQF Diploma, I went to a Nigerian Private Uni too and got equivalent AQF Bachelors Degree with a major in computing.

The occupation you nominated and applied for assessment, is it the same occupation you have 10 years experience in?

4 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Azy123(m): 10:48am On May 01, 2018
Congratulations!!!!
I've been waiting for this good news like forever. Wait is over oya start packing your bag.

*Modified - that congratulations is in advance. I did not notice you were trying to quote aussy4life

[quote =Neks001 post=67171545]

Timeline:
ITA ....30/8/2017
Lodged....25/10/2017
Grant ....30/4/2018
IED... 29/9/2018
Direct grant.
@phlunter you are next to rejoice.
Thanking everyone especially Bellong for starting this thread for people waiting may you all get a quick grant and ITA.

Congratulations [/quote]
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Azy123(m): 10:54am On May 01, 2018
I understand you, it can be frustrating when things are not working out.

Like samge said, give us some more information.

Did they acknowledge all the 10 years to be related to your nominated occupation?

Whats your total point currently.

Have you maximize English point?

Give us a break down then we can give a more practical advise

A state nomination or regional nomination is also not out if the question.

cc: alphadoor, trastar, misoke zoew,

buzu84:
Congrats Aussielyfe.

Please my Ogas

I really need help and advise now on my next step...

I have a BSC in computer science and have about 10 certified year in the IT domain.

I had early tried applying for the Aussie PR, but i had my points cut (especially for degree and profession verification by ACS because i had my degree from a Nigerian Private university i was given an Advanced Diploma equivalent and also they cut my years of experience to just 2), which made my overall points depreciate. I was quite upset that i gave up. By the way profession opted for was IT Business Analyst.

I have recently rekindled my zeal to pursue this (by force we must relocate from this naija). Please what do you advise and what are my options.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:11am On May 01, 2018
Hello bosses in the house, Please is there anyone who has applied as a Pharmacist of recent? Please i will like to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obongkaks: 11:35am On May 01, 2018
Hello

I have been following the thread and its quite informative. Kudos to all.

I am an Accounting graduate from Covenant University and I have worked in an NGO as welfare coordinator for 7years, and as an accounting trainee for one year prior to the NGO. What will my chances of landing a PR be? I already ran a search and my job title appears under Subclass 189 and the assessing body is ACWA.

Age - 30points
BSC- 15points
Work- 15points (8years)
PTE - ??

How Many points do I need to score to get an invite
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:39am On May 01, 2018
Azy123:
Congratulations!!!!
I've been waiting for this good news like forever. Wait is over oya start packing your bag.

She quoted Aussy4life..

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bellacious: 12:18pm On May 01, 2018
STOWHY:
PLS I NEED SERIOUS HELP. I GOT A RESPONSE FROM C.O REQUESTING FOR MORE EVIDENCE OF EMPLOYMENT. I HAD SUBMITTED PAYSLIPS AND BANK STATEMENTS . NOW THE C.O SUGGESTED TAX RETURNS AND CONTRACT. PLS I DONT KNOW ANYTHNG ABOUT HOW TO GET THE TAX RETURNS. IF ANYONE HAS SCALE THROUGH THIS HURDLE PLS COME TO MY AID.
For the tax return, you need to submit evidence of tax payment. If you have not been paying tax,now is the time to go and pay and you have to pay for 3yrs i.e. 2015-2017, after payment, you will be given a tax clearance certificate which you will send to CO. Bear in mind that the amount to pay will be determined by your gross earning per month. Just be careful so as not to complicate things for yourself. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by meelife: 12:41pm On May 01, 2018
Proof of Fund,
If one is using Fixed deposit as proof of fund is there any minimum number of days the money must be fixed before visa application.
An agent said it has to be fixed for at least 2-3 months prior to the application.
Someone else said one can fix a week prior to visa application but let the tenure of the fixed deposit be for like 60-90 days(like 2-3 months) from the date fixed.
Please your advise will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by buzu84: 2:13pm On May 01, 2018
Azy123:
I understand you, it can be frustrating when things are not working out.

Like samge said, give us some more information.

Did they acknowledge all the 10 years to be related to your nominated occupation?

Whats your total point currently.

Have you maximize English point?

Give us a break down then we can give a more practical advise

A state nomination or regional nomination is also not out if the question.

cc: alphadoor, trastar, misoke zoew,

Thanks Azy123 for the feedback

My Nominated occupation was ICT Business Analyst

I graduated from Babcock university, In the ACS assessment, My degree was actually assessed as "Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Technology) from Babcock University completed June 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a Major in computing"

Also i had worked in the IT domain since 2007, My first employment (2007 - 2009) was not assessed as closely related to nominated so i had 0 years to claim.

But subsequent years of experience which spans from 2009 to 2017 (totaling about 8 years was assess as closely related).

However due to the fact that my University degree was assessed as AQF Associate degree, for me to claim points 5 years was subtracted from my work experience.

Consequently i could only claim 10 points for education and 5 points for work experience

Age....25
Degree----10
Work Exp----5
English---10 (IELTS 7,7,8.5,8.5)

Total was 50.....

Only way i could get a minimum of 60 which is not enough cos ICT business Analysis is Prorated with invites high at 70 and min 65... was to get and 8 0verall in English (20 points) and get a Province nomination...

That got me discouraged and i gave up...

alphadoor, trastar, misoke zoew appreciate your advice with this.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 01, 2018
Me nko?
You forgot that I'm only on sabbatical.
My good-news too will be announced here o jare.
Someone say AMEN?
Weldone Chief @bellong
@mamajaz, Maami, I site you o
Phlunter01:
New thread..... Oya this is where I will announce my own good news in Jesus name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alex1975: 4:40pm On May 01, 2018
Why are we not exploring visa class 489F? Family members older than 18 that have lived in the regions can nominate a lot of jobs.Bellong can you please comment on this.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by icon2: 5:38pm On May 01, 2018
Good day all, Please will 6 months bank statement and pay slip be okay as proof of employment for EA ?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by STOWHY: 7:07pm On May 01, 2018
Bellacious:

For the tax return, you need to submit evidence of tax payment. If you have not been paying tax,now is the time to go and pay and you have to pay for 3yrs i.e. 2015-2017, after payment, you will be given a tax clearance certificate which you will send to CO. Bear in mind that the amount to pay will be determined by your gross earning per month. Just be careful so as not to complicate things for yourself. Best of luck.
Thanks for your response,i think i can provide other documents i noticed the C.O is not specifically asking for tax returns they said I should provide more evidence of my employment and they added *evidence**may include but not limited to
Contract
Payslip
Tax returns
Group certificate
Superannuation*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 8:35pm On May 01, 2018
obongkaks:
Hello

I have been following the thread and its quite informative. Kudos to all.

I am an Accounting graduate from Covenant University and I have worked in an NGO as welfare coordinator for 7years, and as an accounting trainee for one year prior to the NGO. What will my chances of landing a PR be? I already ran a search and my job title appears under Subclass 189 and the assessing body is ACWA.

Age - 30points
BSC- 15points
Work- 15points (8years)
PTE - ??

How Many points do I need to score to get an invite

Your degree might be an issue. Did you check Acwa's requirement?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 8:37pm On May 01, 2018
samge:

I really do not know why your assessment by ACS was AQF Diploma, I went to a Nigerian Private Uni too and got equivalent AQF Bachelors Degree with a major in computing.

The occupation you nominated and applied for assessment, is it the same occupation you have 10 years experience in?

Difference between you two is the duration of your course. Babcock is 4 years. I'm assuming you went to Covenant which will mean 5 years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 01, 2018
STOWHY:
PLS I NEED SERIOUS HELP. I GOT A RESPONSE FROM C.O REQUESTING FOR MORE EVIDENCE OF EMPLOYMENT. I HAD SUBMITTED PAYSLIPS AND BANK STATEMENTS . NOW THE C.O SUGGESTED TAX RETURNS AND CONTRACT. PLS I DONT KNOW ANYTHNG ABOUT HOW TO GET THE TAX RETURNS. IF ANYONE HAS SCALE THROUGH THIS HURDLE PLS COME TO MY AID.

Go to the State Board of Internal Revenue of the state you live in and apply for Tax Clearance Certificate. Does your office deduct PAYE from your salary? Go with evidence of deduction. In addition, ask your Salary/HR for a signed form H2 to take with you to Board of Internal Revenue.

The ease of getting the Tax Clearance is dependant on if your company has been remitting taxes deducted from your salary.

Another proof of employment you could use is your Pension Certificate from your PFA. It will state your Employer's name.

You could also submit your employment letter and of subsequent promotion in the organisation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by adeomoade: 9:09pm On May 01, 2018
STOWHY:

Thanks for your response,i think i can provide other documents i noticed the C.O is not specifically asking for tax returns they said I should provide more evidence of my employment and they added *evidence**may include but not limited to
Contract
Payslip
Tax returns
Group certificate
Superannuation*
You can use your appointment letter, promotion letter, pension statement, tax clearance etc.
Prepare your mind for employment verification.
Best wishes.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:39pm On May 01, 2018
Alex1975:
Why are we not exploring visa class 489F? Family members older than 18 that have lived in the regions can nominate a lot of jobs.Bellong can you please comment on this.

If you click the subclass 489 link in the opening post, you will be able to read about it.

The process is still the same for 489 family stream except that it is a family member that is sponsoring you in this case. The occupation list is the same for regional sponsor stream.

@Obongkaks,

You probably should shoot ACWA an email if 5yrs experience can substitute qualification in your case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by piusford: 10:39pm On May 01, 2018
Congratulations@ Aussy4life.

Go and conquer.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by cuteyem(m): 1:50am On May 02, 2018
Hi guys. I just started my PR visa process under stream 189. I graduated with a degree in Economics and Statistics and have work experience plus some professional papers in accounting. However because of the competitive nature of accounting I am considering making my wife the principal applicant (she studied Soil science which Vetassess has indicated can be assessed to meet the qualifications for Agricultural consultant) as Agricultural consulting roles are far less competitive. However I have a few challenges as follows:

1. My wife has about two years teaching experience, teaching agriculture in a private secondary school plus another one year NYSC experience also as a secondary school teacher. I need to know what the chances are that vetassess will consider this as a relevant experience

2. I forsee a few challenges with documentation of employment. She taught in a private secondary school in Benin. For most part of the two years, salary was collected by hand (so no bank evidence), no payslips, tax clearance or pension remittance. No employment letter was given also (although I have asked her to prevail on the school to issue an employment letter which will be appropriately dated). Please I need help (suggestions) on how to go round this

3. Vetassess has asked that a copy of the BSC qualification certificate be sent in a sealed envelope directly from the school to them. She attended University of Benin. Has anyone been able to get this done from a federal institution?

Finally, I believe she can make total score of 65. On the ceiling list, so far only about 63 ITAs have been granted for her agriculture code out of the annual limit of 1000 (giving about 93.8% availability left) hence i think we should be fine with 65%. is this correct? what do the gurus in the house think?

Thanks guys
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 4:17am On May 02, 2018
@Cuteyem

1. VETASSES will not take secondary school teaching as a consultancy experience. She should get at least one year claimable consultancy experience to have a very high chance for a positive assessment.

2. She should get the paper documents from the school such as offer letter, payslip, superannuation. You need at least one third party evidence.

3. Go to the exams and records department or the section responsible for transcript in your school. Go with your original copy and photocopy. The school will stamp the photocopy as a copy of the original, put in envelope and also stamp the envelope before sending to vetasses.

I am not sure of your permutation to use teaching as a consultancy service. If she gets a positive assessment, you can check the accounting bodies to see if you did the required courses in your program. If you did them, you can get positive assessment, this will add 5marks to your spouse's 65 making 70. You have high chance of being invited.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Phlunter01: 7:21am On May 02, 2018
koleefem05:
Me nko?
You forgot that I'm only on sabbatical.
My good-news too will be announced here o jare.
Someone say AMEN?
Weldone Chief @bellong
@mamajaz, Maami, I site you o

AMENNNNN...... By the grace of God you will testify here too.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:28am On May 02, 2018
Congrats @Aussy4life et all
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by praiseisgood: 8:21am On May 02, 2018
Congratulations Aussy4life.

May you eat the abundance of the land. Amen
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 8:32am On May 02, 2018
please lets chat , i'm a pharmacist.... recently applied for assessent.
em
DABMarkNig2019:
Hello bosses in the house,
Please is there anyone who has applied as a Pharmacist of recent?
Please i will like to know.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02am On May 02, 2018
olumuyiwaoke:
please lets chat , i'm a pharmacist.... recently applied for assessent.
em
okay.
All the best but hope you are not running away sha?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06am On May 02, 2018
Hello

28 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by icon2: 10:25am On May 02, 2018
Happy for you bro....
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olumuyiwaoke(f): 10:41am On May 02, 2018
running away how?
DABMarkNig2019:

okay.
All the best but hope you are not running away sha?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 11:02am On May 02, 2018
[quote author=babahameedah post=67207059][/quote]

is this the geology guy?
Congrats mates
You have a made a wise choice, may the land favor you abundantly

To everyone,
Allow me to reiterate my views on visa 489 once again.
Its not a terrible visa as the general notion always imply.
Its a very good path to PR

The questions you have to ask yourself are

what other choices are available for you?
how much time do you have to decide?
why do you need to relocate?

For visa 489 holders you can always get Insurance.
Depending on your family size and options needed prices are from AUD70/month

While all hope was lost for 189 in December 2017, I applied for 489 to SA and i was nominated in January.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 11:05am On May 02, 2018
samge:

Interesting, what school is this please?
How many years of study?
what occupation did you nominate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.