Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,873 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (811627 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (389) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Adesomo24: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
Thanks @MissyGSam. I got a positive assessment with VETASSES. I have filled an EOI on SkillSelect but i'm not sure of the next stage. Are we supposed to wait for an invite or submit an application to the regions/cities? Our profession is only available on 190 and 491.
Has VETASSES concluded your assessment?
MissyGSam:
Yes you do.

I am a PR professional as well, currently doing my assessment (due on Thursday). I also live in Aussie. Let me know how I can help.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
Congratulations on your positive assessment. What you should do now is go through the requirements of each state for your occupation. You have to apply directly via their website. Also, If you have more than one state where you meet their requirements, you should create separate EOI for the application. At the moment some state offering nomination for your occupation stopped receiving nomination for offshore applicants. So, you might want to keep up to date with further developments. You can apply with SA on 491 if your points are up to 95. ACT is also another option.

Adesomo24:
Thank you @ Bellong. I received a positive assessment.
I've gone ahead to submit my EOI on Skillselect but i'm not sure what to do after this. Am i supposed to wait for an invite or do i indicate interest in the regions? My occupation is only available on 190 and 481
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gladysene89: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Dear @bellong pls can you help with guidance on which occupation to go with.

I studied Chemistry for Bsc. Was an HSE officer during service. Research officer for 18months, now a research Analyst for a year.

Please what occupation do I opt for skills assessment?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Marola(f): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
tunlex01:

With the big 4s (KPMG, EY, Deloitte and PwC), he *may* be able to apply for an international redeployment.

� He also told me about the big 4's .He works with Alpha beta consulting llp though.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Marola(f): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
tunlex01:

Your Pgde will not give you a positive assessment with AITSL. BSc in Education is compulsory.
Your spouse can also not assess as a Tax Accountant because Australian tax is different from Nigerian tax, however if he can tweak his documents for General Accountant/Management Accountant/Management consultant; that may work.

Does he work in any of the big 4s?
what month is his 45 birthday?

How can he go about tweaking his documents towards General Account or Management consultant because he doesn't have ICAN or ACCA
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Adesomo24: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
@ajayidebo. Thanks lot for the advice. I don't have up to 95pts for SA and ACT requires a million and one documents including a job offer from a designated region there + evidence that the role cannot be filled locally. Getting a job from here may be very difficult but i'll try and explore that option. NSW requires 5yrs work experience but I'm hoping this condition changes in stream 2. fingers crossed.
I'm not sure what else to do.
ajayidebo:
Congratulations on your positive assessment. What you should do now is go through the requirements of each state for your occupation. You have to apply directly via their website. Also, If you have more than one state where you meet their requirements, you should create separate EOI for the application. At the moment some state offering nomination for your occupation stopped receiving nomination for offshore applicants. So, you might want to keep up to date with further developments. You can apply with SA on 491 if your points are up to 95. ACT is also another option.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Keep up with the trend. Requirements can change any given time. Also, we are hoping that this virus epidemic subsides very soon and for favourable requirements by July.

Adesomo24:
@ajayidebo. Thanks lot for the advice. I don't have up to 95pts for SA and ACT requires a million and one documents including a job offer from a designated region there + evidence that the role cannot be filled locally. Getting a job from here may be very difficult but i'll try and explore that option. NSW requires 5yrs work experience but I'm hoping this condition changes in stream 2. fingers crossed.
I'm not sure what else to do.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by pwwears(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
hello good afternoon
my name is biodun.....kuddos to them gurus here...
please have tried to browse throw the threads and i understand the procedure to take but i have one challenge here....am a Bsc holder since 2015 but have never used it to work since then, i run a company that i just registered this year but have been running it for a while now and also do printing....please how to i go about the work experience . the only work experience i can think of is 1year nysc which am not sure can work.
please is there any entrepreneur that have done this travel process atall?, i have this same issue with the canada process too....

any advice please kindly help thanks
for the record i have an online store of over 3years i dont know if that can work...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gonon: 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
I have a similar issue as i also want to use my NYSC as work experience so that i can claim 15 points. Can someone tell use what documents we can use to prove our work experience starting from NYSC?

pwwears:
hello good afternoon
please have tried to browse throw the threads and i understand the procedure to take but i have one challenge here....am a Bsc holder since 2015 but have never used it to work since then, i run a company that i just registered this year but have been running it for a while now and also do printing....please how to i go about the work experience . the only work experience i can think of is 1year nysc which am not sure can work.
please is there any entrepreneur that have done this travel process atall?, i have this same issue with the canada process too....

for the record i have an online store of over 3years i dont know if that can work...
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Azzyola: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello Tunlex and other gurus in the house.May God Almighty continue to guide and guard you.Myself and my hubby are considering migrating to Australia.

Kindly see our profile below for assessment and advise.

Qualifications: Bsc Geology, OOU,2.1
Msc, Geology,.U.I.
Experience: 7 years as a geophysicist in an Oil and Gas consulting firm.
Planning to write IELTS.

Hubby:
Msc Economics, Unilag
Bsc Economics, OOU.2.1

9 years experience in media and Telecoms in Internal control and Credit control.
Also planning to write IELTs

What are our options pls.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 11:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
189, 190 and 491, these are your visa options. If your MSc is before your work experience you should use it for assessment. For your English Test, you should aim for 20 Points (i.e. 8 in all bands) , you need all the points you can get. BTW, I can't seem to find any occupation related to what your hubby does on ANZSCO list. So, English test is enough. His target should be at least 6 in all bands, that will add additional 5 points to your application.

VETASSESS is your assessor. Go through their website for further information and requirements. Beyond certificate and transcript, appointment and promotion letters, payslips and what not, with VETASSESS you have to make sure that your job description is in line with their job description of a Geophysicist.

Azzyola:
Hello Tunlex and other gurus in the house.May God Almighty continue to guide and guard you.Myself and my hubby are considering migrating to Australia.

Kindly see our profile below for assessment and advise.

Qualifications: Bsc Geology, OOU,2.1
Msc, Geology,.U.I.
Experience: 7 years as a geophysicist in an Oil and Gas consulting firm.
Planning to write IELTS.

Hubby:
Msc Economics, Unilag
Bsc Economics, OOU.2.1

9 years experience in media and Telecoms in Internal control and Credit control.
Also planning to write IELTs

What are our options pls.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Azzyola: 12:47am On Apr 14, 2020
@ ajayidebo,

Thanks. We shall commence the process.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 14, 2020
Please gurus in the house, l learn that both visa processing and assessment is now suspended until July. Please can someone substantiate if these information is correct. Thank you

@ Bellong, Tunlex01
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:01am On Apr 14, 2020
gladysene89:
Dear @bellong pls can you help with guidance on which occupation to go with.

I studied Chemistry for Bsc. Was an HSE officer during service. Research officer for 18months, now a research Analyst for a year.

Please what occupation do I opt for skills assessment?

Which industry are you a research analyst?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:08am On Apr 14, 2020
densel:
Please gurus in the house, l learn that both visa processing and assessment is now suspended until July. Please can someone substantiate if these information is correct. Thank you

@ Bellong, Tunlex01

There is no specific information that visa processing is suspended. However, with the international movement restrictions in place world over, it is fair to say that temporary visa processing may be put on hold. No point approving a visa nobody can use.

Meanwhile, this is the information available on their website:

"Applicants should be aware that some services relating to the visa application process may be impacted by COVID-19."
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 14, 2020
Oh great thanks @bellong
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:12am On Apr 14, 2020
@Azzyola,

You are in the better position as the principal applicant. Geophysicist is a level 1 occupation, so you will need to add your MSc for the assessment to get a positive assessment. However, VETASSES may not approve any of your pre MSc experience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:14am On Apr 14, 2020
gonon:
I have a similar issue as i also want to use my NYSC as work experience so that i can claim 15 points. Can someone tell use what documents we can use to prove our work experience starting from NYSC?

@pwwears.

You guys should read two pages backward. This NYSC experience issue has been discussed.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ayooluwa18(f): 6:30am On Apr 14, 2020
Hello everyone. I just stumbled on this last night. Does it mean there wont be any draw for this month?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2020
pwwears:
hello good afternoon

First you have to choose an occupation to nominate and any occupation you choose you must have documents to back it up.
Since you just registered you business, I'm not sure if that will work cos many years would be lost.
Now that you have registered your business, remember to pay your taxes and other regulatory fees. That may work for you in few years to come
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2020
Ayooluwa18:
Hello everyone. I just stumbled on this last night. Does it mean there wont be any draw for this month?
Which draw are you referring to?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by olystic: 8:54am On Apr 14, 2020
vikmeek:

Which state?

Queensland
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by gladysene89: 11:29am On Apr 14, 2020
Tourism & Hospitality
bellong:

Which industry are you a research analyst?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
What is the plan for writing English tests (PTE and IELTS) with this lockdown?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by omoluabiade: 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Smiles. Thanks.
It seems 190 and 491 are state/region nomination, what about 189? After assessment, is there a general pool or we have to apply through regions? What the essence of skillselect? Excuse my ignorance
TIA

tunlex01:

Correct. you seem to have read more on this...good on you and best of luck.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
ITA not TIA. For 189, all you need to do after assessment and English test is to complete the EOI ("general pool"wink and wait for ITA. It's not attached to any state.

The reason why you have to apply via each states for 190 and 491 after completing EOI is because you need them to award you 5 & 15 points respectively. Until that's approved by the state, you can't receive ITA. I hope my explanation is clear enough.

omoluabiade:
Smiles. Thanks.
It seems 190 and 491 are state/region nomination, what about 189? After assessment, is there a general pool or we have to apply through regions? What the essence of skillselect? Excuse my ignorance
TIA

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Continuous practice until we can register for the Tests.

Bodacious1:
What is the plan for writing English tests (PTE and IELTS) with this lockdown?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by omoluabiade: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
Yeah, very clear. Thanks

TIA - Thanks In Advance

ajayidebo:
ITA not TIA. For 189, all you need to do after assessment and English test is to complete the EOI ("general pool"wink and wait for ITA. It's not attached to any state.

The reason why you have to apply via each states for 190 and 491 after completing EOI is because you need them to award you 5 & 15 points respectively. Until that's approved by the state, you can't receive ITA. I hope my explanation is clear enough.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
Oh! That's new for me. We learn everyday

omoluabiade:
Yeah, very clear. Thanks

TIA - Thanks In Advance

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Canadahome: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hello Tunlex01, Oga Bellongand other guru,

Kindly touch light my case biko.

Qualification: B.sc in Public Administration, 2010 (Ebonyi State University). M.sc in HRM , March, 2019 (Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike).

Experience: 9 years ( Administration/ HR).

Material Status: Single.

Ielts (GT): LRWS: 7.5, 7.5, 7, 7.5

I am looking at Workplace Advisor and Human Resource Advisor.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by uche06: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2020
Please what are my chances
Marital status: Single
Work experience: 9
Discipline : Library and information Science
Work : Banking

Please what are my chances
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 9:43am On Apr 15, 2020
Your occupation is Skill level 1. You'll have to include your MSc. However, you work experience points will be 0. VETASSESS only recognize work experience after degree. In your case, your experience will start to count from M.sc in HRM , March, 2019.

Degree: 15
Exp: 0
Eng: 10 (you should try to aim for 20 points)
Single: 10
491: 15

Total 75/ 85points

That should get you through

Canadahome:
Hello

Tunlex01, Oga Bellongand other guru,

Kindly touch light my case biko.

Qualification: B.sc in Public Administration, 2010 (Ebonyi State University). M.sc in HRM , March, 2019 (Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike).

Experience: 9 years ( Administration/ HR).

Material Status: Single.

Ielts (GT): LRWS: 7.5, 7.5, 7, 7.5

I am looking at Workplace Advisor and Human Resource Advisor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (389) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.