Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (810889 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (389) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
Knight1:
Hello all.
Kindly help me with this. Thank you

I recently got a positive assessment for my Engineering occupation which gives me about 7 years of experience.
I wanted to know if I could add my NYSC to my unassessed experience on skill selection so I would gain the extra points from 8+ years. The only thing I can use as proof though is the Letter of Acceptance, and Bank Statement.

cc @bellong @tunlex01 @bligs

Thank you.
no, ko le werk

You cant add experience you did not assess to your application. COs are very fussy with applicants with "almost 8 years experience" and sometimes scrutinise further.
When your experience is officially 8 years, it will be automatically updated on the EOI if you havent gotten ITA by then.
Claim your 7 years and

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by haryourdayG(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
Many thanks Chief for your prompt and kind responses. I really appreciate

bligs:

Msc won't give you any extra point as it is the same point with Bsc, presently 189 doesn't come easy but you can look towards 190 and 491. Go to https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/ and search for Civil Engineering, look for states and regional nominations and work towards their requirements
for nomination.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Knight1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
Sorry to bother you (Actually sent a PM)

Do you recommend sending multiple EOIs or should I just click 189, 190 and 491?
(I have 85pts on 189 for Electronics Engineering)
States I'm looking at mainly are VIC, NSW, SA, and maybe QLD?

tunlex01:

no, ko le werk

You cant add experience you did not assess to your application. COs are very fussy with applicants with "almost 8 years experience" and sometimes scrutinise further.
When your experience is officially 8 years, it will be automatically updated on the EOI if you havent gotten ITA by then.
Claim your 7 years and
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2020
Knight1:
Sorry to bother you (Actually sent a PM)

Do you recommend sending multiple EOIs or should I just click 189, 190 and 491?
(I have 85pts on 189 for Electronics Engineering)
States I'm looking at mainly are VIC, NSW, SA, and maybe QLD?

Please create multiple EOIs.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ifemazi247: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
tunlex01:

Accountant is a long thing.

You don't have to be confused. Your other option is to assess as a Pharmacy technician with Vetassess. That way you can get in and prepare for the APC process.

Thank you Tunlex01 for the response.

Pharmacy Technician is on the STSOL list, states that are likely to sponsor it are SA, Tansmania and Victoria. I can't meet their requirements as SA and Victoria requires applicants to be living in their states already while on Tasmania website they wrote that overseas applications whose job is not on the high in demand list is permanently closed
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MrsJoycey1: 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
tunlex01:

Please create multiple EOIs.

@Tunlex01, please is it still ok to go for multiple EOI's with a score of 70 for 190 & 80 for 491?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:06am On Nov 28, 2020
ifemazi247:

Thank you Tunlex01 for the response.

Pharmacy Technician is on the STSOL list, states that are likely to sponsor it are SA, Tansmania and Victoria. I can't meet their requirements as SA and Victoria requires applicants to be living in their states already while on Tasmania website they wrote that overseas applications whose job is not on the high in demand list is permanently closed

The requirements are not updated as no state is currently nominating offshore due to the pandemic.
So you have two options: assess now and wait for the updated requirements or wait till the federal government allocates nomination spaces to states and you can assess then.
The advantage of the former is that you are prepared when the states are ready and can apply almost immediately. This is applicable if you are a risk taker as there are no guarantees that states will nominate your occupation or you will meet all of the requirements.
The disadvantage of the later is that you will begin assessment after the requirement/list would have been published. By the time the assessment result is out, your occupation may have closed.

The choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:08am On Nov 28, 2020
MrsJoycey1:

@Tunlex01, please is it still ok to go for multiple EOI's with a score of 70 for 190 & 80 for 491?
yes please. You can create one for 491/190 for one state each.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BoldassBadasser(m): 12:14am On Nov 29, 2020
please all the bosses in the house I want to ask a question.

189, 190 and 491 which Visa class is best for TRA bricklaying work?

and please anyone who has done an assessment with TRA should please enlighten me on how it went?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aaffluent: 1:50am On Nov 29, 2020
You can assess as Electrical Engineering Draftperson even without experience provided that you can furnish your CDR with 3 projects you executed independently during your school days. Make sure it’s not plagiarized projects and the 1yr experience isn’t useful as you need minimum of 3yrs for 5points
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Baba you lost me here o!
For someone who has Diploma in Elect-Elect, I believe one year should be Sufficient for anything electrical Level-2 related?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by aaffluent: 1:58am On Nov 29, 2020
It’s unrealistic for Accounting discipline especially the offshore applicants. There are Australian graduates of Accounting that have been hanging for more than 4yrs even when they were able to do professional year and even onshore experiences.
ifemazi247:
Good evening to the ogas at the top. Thanks for taking your time to respond to newbies like us. Have gone through the thread from the very first one initiated by Oga Bellong. I was very hopeful and enthusiastic that my husband can be the primary applicant as the process for pharmacist is no so direct but the recent information I gathered from here is that accountant (General) is very competitive. Now am confused, I'ld really appreciate it if someone can help guide me on the best way to go about getting PR for OZ.

My husband:
Qualification: Bsc banking and finance from Anambra state University.
Experience: 6 years working in general account. Has all documents to back it up.
English test: yet to write but we hope to target scores to give us 20 points.

Me:
Qualification: PharmD from university of Benin
Experience: more than 4 years. don't have payslips or tax clearance just offer letters and bank statements
English: yet to write.
I can make hair and fix nails but no certificate or trade test to back it up. ( skills we develop growing up).

I was hoping my husband could be the primary applicant with 189 visa as it doesn't require much funds but now am confused.

We were considering starting Canada process towards the tail end of 2021 but with recent increase in CRS scores I don't know what it will be like by next year. (Huge proof of funds for family of 5 is what's delaying us)

Please ogas come to my rescues on any possible route we could take to PR so we can make hay while the sun is still out. Thanks in advance.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by nicolofm: 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
Anyone here with informal on when the border is likely to opened in 2021?

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by cdieli(m): 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Good Day guys,

Is Vetasses the only skill recognition site for Australia
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by BestofGod: 6:36am On Nov 30, 2020
tunlex01:

Yes, you will need to send both transcripts
Please is it compulsory for both BSC and Msc to be the same discipline for a positive VETASSESS assessment? Since they require both for assessment.
My case:
I have BSC in anatomy (not on occupation list)
I have MSc in Epidemiology and medical statistics ( on the occupation list).
Please note that
The Msc is two years and from a tier 1 University (UI)
And
There is currently no University in the world running BSC epidemiology even in Australia.
Please kindly advice. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2020
BoldassBadasser:
please all the bosses in the house I want to ask a question.

189, 190 and 491 which Visa class is best for TRA bricklaying work?

and please anyone who has done an assessment with TRA should please enlighten me on how it went?

I will encourage you to read the first page of the thread carefully to have basic understanding of the process.

For skills assessment, visa subclass doesn't come into play. You need a positive assessment before thinking about subclass.

What is best for TRA is provide evidence of qualification and paid work experience for at least three years.

Read more information on TRA's website.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:25am On Nov 30, 2020
BestofGod:

Please is it compulsory for both BSC and Msc to be the same discipline for a positive VETASSESS assessment? Since they require both for assessment.
My case:
I have BSC in anatomy (not on occupation list)
I have MSc in Epidemiology and medical statistics ( on the occupation list).
Please note that
The Msc is two years and from a tier 1 University (UI)
And
There is currently no University in the world running BSC epidemiology even in Australia.
Please kindly advice. Thanks

No, it is not compulsory. It is dependent on the occupation you are nominating. If VETASSES is of the opinion that your MSc is highly relevant to the occupation and you have paid experience in it, you can get a positive assessment
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2020
cdieli:
Good Day guys,

Is Vetasses the only skill recognition site for Australia

Assessing authority is dependent on the occupation you are nominating. Vetasses is only one of the assessing bodies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2020
nicolofm:
Anyone here with informal on when the border is likely to opened in 2021?

Only the virus can boldly answer this question. Border opening is dependent on the vaccine. If the vaccine is effective, then consideration will be given. As it is, the earliest time government will think about it is in March 2021.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ifemazi247: 2:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
aaffluent:
It’s unrealistic for Accounting discipline especially the offshore applicants. There are Australian graduates of Accounting that have been hanging for more than 4yrs even when they were able to do professional year and even onshore experiences.

Thanks @ affluent for your response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ifemazi247: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2020
[/quote][quote author=tunlex01 post=96516277]

The requirements are not updated as no state is currently nominating offshore due to the pandemic.
So you have two options: assess now and wait for the updated requirements or wait till the federal government allocates nomination spaces to states and you can assess then.
The advantage of the former is that you are prepared when the states are ready and can apply almost immediately. This is applicable if you are a risk taker as there are no guarantees that states will nominate your occupation or you will meet all of the requirements.
The disadvantage of the later is that you will begin assessment after the requirement/list would have been published. By the time the assessment result is out, your occupation may have closed.

The choice is yours.

Thank you Tunlex01.
Please can anyone help me with the likely nomination requirements of Tasmania and Victoria before the pandemic and subsequent closure of offsure state nomination.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by cdieli(m): 11:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
I got this from VETASSESS today . It may be use to someone here

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akeabasi: 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
@cdieli
This information from Vetassess, where exactly did you get,I have gone to their website but seems not to find it.i really need to verify it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akeabasi: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
cdieli:
I got this from VETASSESS today . It may be use to someone here
Please is there anyone that has also confirm this.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akeabasi: 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2020
@bellong
@tunlex01 and other gurus in the house.
Please I need urgent answer.i applied for my transcript and certified true copy to be sent to Vetassess,I just realized that the send only my transcript.i asked them today, they told me that it's a mistake.what do I do? and now this post by Cdieli.i have gone to the website but I seem not to find it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akeabasi: 1:12am On Dec 02, 2020
@bellong

Please I need urgent answer.i applied for my transcript and certified true copy to be sent to Vetassess,I just realized that the send only my transcript.i asked them today, they told me that it's a mistake.what do I do? and now this post by Cdieli.i have gone to the website but I seem not to find it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:47am On Dec 02, 2020
Akeabasi:
@bellong

They can send the certificate by post and give you a copy of it to scan and upload.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by cdieli(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2020
Akeabasi:
@cdieli
This information from Vetassess, where exactly did you get,I have gone to their website but seems not to find it.i really need to verify it.

I wrote them with this email: sas •sas@vetassess.com.au
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akeabasi: 7:48am On Dec 02, 2020
bellong:

They can send the certificate by post and give you a copy of it to scan and upload.

Thank you Belong for your quick response.what you mean there is that they could courier it to them.
Secondly, should I inform Vetassess about it?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akeabasi: 7:50am On Dec 02, 2020
cdieli:

I wrote them with this email: sas •sas@vetassess.com.au

Thank you cdieli.have they responded?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2020
Akeabasi:

Thank you Belong for your quick response.what you mean there is that they could courier it to them.
Secondly, should I inform Vetassess about it?

Yes, they can courier it. You can mail migrate@vetasses if the school can scan it to them.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Akeabasi: 8:58am On Dec 02, 2020
bellong:

Yes, they can courier it. You can mail migrate@vetasses if the school can scan it to them.

Thank you Belong.
Please another question is , the online bank statement that the bank sent to my mail is not stamped, will it be accepted? It's only the hard copy that is signed and stamped but it's damn much from 2015 . will it be accepted or I'll have to scan the hard copy and send?
Pardon me that I am asking so much,I am trying to do it right.more questions will be coming please.i appreciate.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by toayojj: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2020
bellong:

@cdieli

This is correct. However, I will advise against it. From experience, my school tried using ETX.NG, but I got the report that VETASSESS might have blocked receiving mails from addresses with the - .ng (dot ng) dormain.

So, it's best to stick with courier/paper based delivery, so you wont have any issues like I did (for 3 whole weeks - it was very painful, at a point I was like choi! Villa people why nah) because I decided to use the email option.

After paying for mail thru ETX.NG. I had to reapply and revert to paper based and it was smoother & sweeter. They seem to have their acts around the courier better.

All the Best!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (389) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: ProstateHerbal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.