Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (860872 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (400) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by izang87(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
@tunlex01 and @bellong.

Please I kindly want to confirm something for the employer template required for TRA assessment.
Where I previously worked, my line manager has left the company and working in some other company.
Can he still fill the template considering he longer works where he was my line manager or it must be a someone from my previous place of work presently working there that will be responsible for the filling?

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 11:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
izang87:
@tunlex01 and @bellong.

Please I kindly want to confirm something for the employer template required for TRA assessment.
Where I previously worked, my line manager has left the company and working in some other company.
Can he still fill the template considering he longer works where he was my line manager or it must be a someone from my previous place of work presently working there that will be responsible for the filling?

Thanks.
Yes he can; he can also add that he is no longer with the organisation but was your manager at the time he was there
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by izang87(m): 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
tunlex01:

Yes he can; he can also add that he is no longer with the organisation but was your manager at the time he was there
Thanks @tunlex
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Zarahmum: 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hello everyone, please i have an HND in mechanical engineering, I am 38yrs old and I have 8yrs experience on Welding and fabrication, please i will like to know if I am eligible.. Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by donpaulo44(m): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
Please can one get a PR with MBA that’s gotten from an Australian university? Is there any skill that can fly with it?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 1:46am On Oct 08, 2021
Zarahmum:
Hello everyone, please i have an HND in mechanical engineering, I am 38yrs old and I have 8yrs experience on Welding and fabrication, please i will like to know if I am eligible.. Thank you

Yes, you can try assessing your skills with TRA. Time is not so much on your side so you need to start the process now.
With your current age band, (33-39) you already have 25 points but when you clock 40, you will have 15 points.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 1:47am On Oct 08, 2021
donpaulo44:
Please can one get a PR with MBA that’s gotten from an Australian university? Is there any skill that can fly with it?

Spend some time with the current skill list and go for a course that will earn you nomination.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Simsimz(f): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2021
Please what's the required ielts score for PR application- for principal and spouse?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by emmalson: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Gurus in the house.

I need your candid advice.

I am 41, Electrical Engineer with over 10 years experience.

Spouse is 31 years, Accountant with 5 years of experience.

Do I have any hope?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 2:07am On Oct 11, 2021
emmalson:
Gurus in the house.

I need your candid advice.

I am 41, Electrical Engineer with over 10 years experience.

Spouse is 31 years, Accountant with 5 years of experience.

Do I have any hope?

Yes, there is hope for you. I would suggest that you be the principal applicant.
Find below the link for step by step guidelines for Migrant skills assessment
https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/For-Migrants/Migration-Skills-Assessment/MSA-StepByStep-Guide
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2021
stifo2012:

Yes, there is hope for you. I would suggest that you be the principal applicant.
https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/For-Migrants/Migration-Skills-Assessment/MSA-StepByStep-Guide

Ha, please o.
I have been on this journey since October 2019.
Electrical Engineering too
EA assessed in 2018.
PTE all 90 in October 2019.
My points was all time high at 95 then.
Created EOI across board.

On paper it may look good, but in reality..... hmmmm for offshore candidates.
At one point only Northern Terriotory (read up what NT is like first) was open but proof of funds no be here.
Even the recently released SA occupation list has no Electrical Engineering.
Look before you leap.
Be very sure before you spend your hard earned money.

I am here to learn too.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by emmalson: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
flyca:

Ha, please o.
EA assessed in 2018.

At one point only Northern Terriotory (read up what NT is like first) was open but proof of funds no be here.
Look before you leap.

I am here to learn too.

Hmmm very interesting.
Please how can I get your phone number. Do you mind sharing your email so we can connect.

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by emmalson: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
Thanks a lot, will check it out.

stifo2012:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by NB1912: 12:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Simsimz:
Please what's the required ielts score for PR application- for principal and spouse?
The answer to your question is here
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-independent-189/points-table
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kunfu(m): 12:47am On Oct 12, 2021
Please I need someone to talk to on phone to guide me through Australian visa application. Please
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 1:05am On Oct 12, 2021
I would advice you create different EOI for each state. Every state has her requirements which you may not be able to meet on one EOI.
For example, Tasmania will not nominate you if you have selected other states too in your EOI.
You could also consider TRA as tradies are high demand.

flyca:

Ha, please o.
EA assessed in 2018.

Look before you leap.

I am here to learn too.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 1:07am On Oct 12, 2021
Kunfu:
Please I need someone to talk to on phone to guide me through Australian visa application. Please

Take some time to read the first few pages of this thread and you will be able to ask specific questions on how to go.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 2:10am On Oct 13, 2021
Hi,

Thanks for this tip. I only have one EOI but selected all states, so if I create individual EOIs and withdraw the initial one, would there be any adverse effect?

stifo2012:
I would advice you create different EOI for each state. Every state has her requirements which you may not be able to meet on one EOI.
For example, Tasmania will not nominate you if you have selected other states too in your EOI.
You could also consider TRA as tradies are high demand.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hi, there is no adverse effect for withdrawing an EOI if you have not been invited. The best advice is what @Stifo2012 has given you. Create different EOIs for each state. Each state check to see who has indicated interest in their state, and they select based on the applicant's suitability to contribute effectively to the growth and economy of the state-especially if your occupation is in high demand. With a single EOI and multiple state selection, you are only limiting your chances of being invited. Regards.
Bodacious1:
Hi,
Thanks for this tip. I only have one EOI but selected all states, so if I create individual EOIs and withdraw the initial one, would there be any adverse effect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by dzamaka: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hello everyone, good evening. I must commend the brains behind this concept. You guys are the best.
Please I have a quick question

My husband is 36 years, a civil engineer and over 8 years work experience as a civil engineer. Would he be considered for offshore PR in Australia?
Should we go ahead and apply now or wait a little for offshore nomination to resume
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Greatnnamdi: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
I have 2+ years mechanical Technician and 1 year Technician training from a manufacturing company and currently I was offered a Mechanical Engineer position.

My educational background is HND (Higher National Diploma) in Mechanical Engineering from Nigeria.

I have checked my qualifications credibility for an accord standard by the EA (Engineer Australia) and in my country (Nigeria) there is no accord standard.

So am asking now, with my HND (educational qualifications) and Mechanical Engineer position and my mechanical Technician experience, how long will I work as an engineer to be eligible for a positive skill assessment for a Mechanical engineer by the Engineer Australia (EA).

Or

Am I still under TRA skill assessment for a fitter with my Mechanical Engineer position and my HND.

Please do help me in this regard.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 2:46am On Oct 20, 2021
dzamaka:
Hello everyone, good evening. I must commend the brains behind this concept. You guys are the best.
Please I have a quick question

My husband is 36 years, a civil engineer and over 8 years work experience as a civil engineer. Would he be considered for offshore PR in Australia?
Should we go ahead and apply now or wait a little for offshore nomination to resume

Before your husband can apply for nomination, he is expected to have his skills assessed by the relevant assessing body (Engineers Australia) and should have his English language test result.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 2:48am On Oct 20, 2021
With your educational qualification, you are better off assessing with TRA which i believe is an advantage.

Greatnnamdi:
I have 2+ years mechanical Technician and 1 year Technician training from a manufacturing company and currently I was offered a Mechanical Engineer position.

My educational background is HND (Higher National Diploma) in Mechanical Engineering from Nigeria.

I have checked my qualifications credibility for an accord standard by the EA (Engineer Australia) and in my country (Nigeria) there is no accord standard.

So am asking now, with my HND (educational qualifications) and Mechanical Engineer position and my mechanical Technician experience, how long will I work as an engineer to be eligible for a positive skill assessment for a Mechanical engineer by the Engineer Australia (EA).

Or

Am I still under TRA skill assessment for a fitter with my Mechanical Engineer position and my HND.

Please do help me in this regard.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Greatnnamdi: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2021
stifo2012:
With your educational qualification, you are better off assessing with TRA which i believe is an advantage.

Please thank you. If you are having issues with providing a reference letter from supervisor with letter head, any solution or alternative to it.

Secondly, please how much will it cost to do a TRA SKILL ASSESSMENT for a 494 visa class not the TSS route.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kelwell: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
Greatnnamdi:

Please thank you. If you are having issues with providing a reference letter from supervisor with letter head, any solution or alternative to it.

Secondly, please how much will it cost to do a TRA SKILL ASSESSMENT for a 494 visa class not the TSS route.

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Kelwell: 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good morning gurus
Please can someone help me with a sample reference letter for a supervisor or how the "completed Employer Template for each employment period claimed" looks like or a sample
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by zeb04(f): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
FutureDon:

Hello, sorry I was not keeping an eye on this thread. PhD funding in Australia is more generous and they won't overuse you as a PhD student. In the US (and Canada too), you would have to complete a Masters degree which include completing coursework as part of your PhD program. In Australia, you get to do full-time hardcore research, no coursework, no Masters degree, no bullsh**t. This was really appealing to me as I had already completed a MSc before commencing my PhD.

In my opinion, I also think that the quality of life as PhD student in Australia is better than that of US/Canada. You can still have a life and even do causal/PT jobs to make additional money. This is related to how US/Canadian Universities make their PhD students work really hard for the penny the University awarded to them. I interact with PhD students here in my lab in the US and I am really glad I did complete my PhD here. Based on my familiarity with the academic environment in Canada and on my conversation with some PhD students over there, I do think that life as a PhD student in Canada is a lot better. You also have better chances at becoming a permanent resident post-PhD in Australia (Canada too) than the US. Those are the few ones I can think of right now. So my ranking would be Australia, Canada, and Ireland.

Haha, interestingly I did not see any of those weird animals/insects since I lived in a city, except Kangaroos though. They are cool, hehe. I finished my program in ~4years and it was in Neuroscience.

Hi future don, I hope you see the message.
I finally settled for a PhD in Public health with a focus in sexual and reproductive health at the university of Canterbury New Zealand.

I chose this because I have worked with women in infertility for 5 years now, and my Msc in in something similar.

I wanted my research to focus on African women however, I need advice. do you think this is a wrong move since I want to settle in new Zealand after my studies.

Also, do you think this will affect my job search after study? Should my research be about new Zealand?

Can i also contact you personally?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by okikiosibodu(m): 1:28am On Oct 27, 2021
stifo2012:

Yes, you can try assessing your skills with TRA. Time is not so much on your side so you need to start the process now.
With your current age band, (33-39) you already have 25 points but when you clock 40, you will have 15 points.

Good morning, please I need your advise. I work as a Customer Care Representative but for my job, I can fit into Group: 2254 Technical Sales Representatives, pls which body will do my skill assessment, and how do I go about it?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 1:36am On Oct 27, 2021
okikiosibodu:

Good morning, please I need your advise. I work as a Customer Care Representative but for my job, I can fit into Group: 2254 Technical Sales Representatives, pls which body will do my skill assessment, and how do I go about it?

Vetassess, just visit there website and you would get more details.Please confirm if any skill you are assessing is on the current skill list before you start.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by okikiosibodu(m): 1:52am On Oct 27, 2021
stifo2012:

Vetassess, just visit there website and you would get more details.Please confirm if any skill you are assessing is on the current skill list before you start.
Gracias. I really appreciate
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by okikiosibodu(m): 2:22am On Oct 27, 2021
stifo2012:

I tried to check the kind of visa needed in the site but couldn't find it (I get finicky and confused when something has too many details. I tried to Google it and found out from about two sites that it falls under 199 visa. Thanks for the heads up

I just tried to make more researches on the cost for the skill assessment and visa application . Fear catch me as I see am o

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (400) (Reply)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.