Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Tales Of Abigail - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Abigail (68579 Views)

Tales Of An ASHEWO (18+) / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Pinkie2018(f): 11:03am On May 29, 2018
The story should be renamed 'The Missing Gold'.
But aunty don't dull my spirit, send all already. I'm dying of curiosity

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by skubido(m): 12:59pm On May 29, 2018
Hmmmm. Nawa oo.. (Money sha)

tanks a lot for the update. Jah bless

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by daviesblaze(m): 1:33pm On May 29, 2018
harrrrryyyyy upppppdddaaaaatttttteeeeeeeee plssssssss

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 1:59pm On May 29, 2018
Continued...

The three nurses surrounded Bode immediately and a doctor hurried in with a serious look over his face and joined the nurses, doing their best to keep Bode alive.

Abigail paced the hospital room silently, praying to God in her mind to save the poor guy. It wasn't his fault he bought the gold and James shouldn't treat him as a criminal. Sadness was written all over her face. She closed her eyes and shook her head in pity, then pulled her gaze toward the doorway.

James walked in with Spenky behind him. His cold eyes were fixed on Bode. "What is going on here?"

Doctor Mike took off his hand gloves and walked toward James. "He almost give up, but he's fine now."

James grabbed doctor Mike's shirt with annoyance and drew him close. "If he dies, I'm going to make sure you pay for my gold."

Anger bubbled in Mike. He took James hands off him and met his gaze. "How dare you? Who do you think you are?"

"I'm prince James, the Alale of Egba land." He leaned his head forward.

"And so what?"

"If you dare me, I'm going to make sure you don't exist again."

Doctor Mike stared at him with all hatred in his heart. He knows his type. He shook his head and walked away while the three nurses followed.

James took a step forward while Spenky stood at the door way. He stared at Abigail who leaned her back against the wall with her gaze fixed on the floor. "How come he's your manager?" James asked.

Abigail waited one or two breath before she reply. "He works for me."

James pulled his gaze toward Bode who was breathing on oxygen. "My gold is with him."

"Only yesterday I came to know about it." She glanced at him.

"I won't let him die, not until I get gold back." James said. "I sent my men to search his apartment but the gold wasn't there. He must have hide it somewhere."

Abigail stared at him for some seconds. "He had sold it."

James met her eyes. "He told you so? Who bought it from him?"

"He sold it to a complete stranger, a man he met on the street."

He took a step toward Abigail. "You must be joking."

"He sold it for five hundred thousand, and he was played without getting a dime."

James pulled his face toward Bode in anger and back to Abigail. "If what you're telling me is true, I will make sure he doesn't make it out of here."

"That's not going to give your gold back," Abigail took a step forward. "Go ahead, kill him. But at the end, you're still not going to get the gold."

James silently stared straight in her eyes with annoyance while Abigail walked out of the room.

Some minutes later, Abigail pulled her car to a stop at the front of Alade market and got out of it. She approached a man standing beside the gate of the market whom she suspected to be an Hausa man.

"Good afternoon." She greeted.

"Afternoon madam, you wan change dollar, pounds or euro?"

"No, I'm looking for Alhaji Musa."

"Alhaji Musa?"  The man stared at a group of men and pointed toward a man in white dashiki. "Na him be that."

"Thank you."

Abigail walked to the man and stood in front of him. "Good day sir."

"Costoma," Musa said with a smile. "I wan change am dollar?"

"Not really, I just want to ask you some few questions," she said. "Can we go to your office."

"Ba wahala," Musa said and took her into his office.

Abigail sat down and met his gaze. "A man brought a gold here to sell few days ago, he said he met you first. Do you remember?"

Alhaji Musa stared at her thoughtfully. "Me I no remember, wahahi. Me I neba buy am for gold I don tey."

"I didn't say you bought it. He wanted to sell to you but he end up selling it to another man."

"Ha..me I see am for man," Musa said. "That man I no good walahi. I come for me and sell am the gold for another person."

"I'm looking for person he sold it to."

"The man I thief the gold?"

"No. The person that bought it played him. I mean he did not pay."

"I no sell am for the man?"

"Not that. He..." Abigail paused, looking for the right words. "He sold it, but the man is a 419. He carried the gold away without paying for it."

Alhaji widened his eyes in disbelief. "The man I be 419? I no pay for the gold?"

Abigail shook her head. "He played him."

"Kai, that man I be barawo."

Abigail leaned forward in her chair. "Do you know him?"

"Me I neba know am, walahi." Musa said. "Ama, I dey come here to change am for dollar."

Abigail nodded. "When do he normally comes here?"

"I neba know, walahi. Ama, I dey come here to change am dollar ebeli week."

"I want to do business with you," she said.

Musa smiled. "Haba, bisnes I good, walahi."

"I will pay you two hundred thousand to get me informed wherever the man comes here."

"Ba problem, give am for me ya noba, me I go tell am for you weneba I come here, walahi."

They exchanged phone numbers and Abigail offered him a sum of fifty thousand naira as a deposit.

©Harry Enomamien... 2018

6 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by daviesblaze(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2018
loving this grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 3:27pm On May 29, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by skubido(m): 3:30pm On May 29, 2018
Nice wan. Walahi i dey gbadun u falafala.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by ABU24: 4:14pm On May 29, 2018
MORE MONEY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by pweetygiftofGod(f): 4:34pm On May 29, 2018
His cup is full o
Every day for the thief, one day for James gold grin

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by mikelife15(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2018
O yes! MR HARRY am loving this. God bless flenty

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by emperorblog(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2018
INTERESTING READ MORE COOL AND INTERESTING STORY ON
www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harunablezin(f): 9:27pm On May 29, 2018
Diz story is such à mouth watering one......keep d gud wek rolling more strength to your body!!!!

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2018
[quote author=24hoursreporter post=68006568][/quote] Mr man, don't you understand English? Must you quote a full Chapter? I thought I warned you the last time. Enough of this please.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:26am On May 30, 2018
Biko update na

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by jbtobsyn(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2018
[quote author=24hoursreporter post=68006568][/quote] Oga go buy sense cause it seems you don't have one.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Johilo(m): 10:15am On May 30, 2018
Hello harry.... Is page 10 de end....

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by izaray(f): 1:02pm On May 30, 2018
Too much sauce in this story, more ink to ur pen harrystories

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by ebonyfaf(f): 4:07pm On May 30, 2018
harrystories:
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung  rukidanty babyurgly1 Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Bulcglay Giwa80 Isyben timstone pweetgiftofgod Okuchris ndy87 Chivera018

Following. Waiting on the burning city

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Pinkie2018(f): 4:29pm On May 30, 2018
harrystories:
Mr man, don't you understand English? Must you quote a full Chapter? I thought I warned you the last time. Enough of this please.
I swear

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Pinkie2018(f): 4:29pm On May 30, 2018
harrystories:
Mr man, don't you understand English? Must you quote a full Chapter? I thought I warned you the last time. Enough of this please.
Tell him o

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Okuchris(f): 5:15pm On May 30, 2018
update plsssssss

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 30, 2018
harrystories:
Harry wan kill me with laff, so you dey vex like dis.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 30, 2018
Well done Harry,

let James find his gold fast fast, make person rest from his gold obsession wahala.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:38pm On May 30, 2018
Chapter Twenty Three

Debbi street was filled with knot of cars parked on the both side, music blasting from different angle, and young boys and girls settled in every corner of the street, with either a bottle of beer, a cigarette or weed.

Osagie, a very successful fraudster, rest his body against his car waiting patiently for the one had appointment with. He lifted a bottle of beer to his lips, swallowed a few content, then with the other hand he took a deep drag from his weed and aimed the smoke upward.

A young guy in a blue crazy jean and a black t-shirt approached him. "Boss," he lifted up his two hands as a sign of respect. "I hail you, baba."

Osagie took another drag from his burning weed and met his eyes. "Danny."

"Your boy dey loyal, baba."

"Where is Jango?" Osagie lifted his bottle to his lips.

"Him dey hustle, baba."

Osagie placed his bottle of beer on top of his car, deep his hand in his black jean pocket and brought out some money. "Take this, help me get some weed from Jango."

"Yes boss," Danny collected the money from him and left.

A white car rolled to a stop at the front of Osagie as he took a slow drag from his weed. The glass of the back window came down slowly to review a white man, and Osagie approached him. "Mr Colbert.."

"What's it you wanna show me?" Colbert asked.

Osagie turned and opened the door of his car and brought out a small bag, then entered into Colbert's car with his bottle of beer while the driver drove forward and parked behind a knot of cars.

Osagie brought out the gold from his bag and watched Colbert's eyebrows rise.

"Wow, just when I thought you couldn't surprise me anymore." Colbert studied the gold carefully. "Where the hell you got this from?"

Osagie lifted his bottle of beer to his lips. "I bought it."

"This isn't an ordinary gold, you know." Colbert glared at him. "This is an artifact of some black magic."

"I know what it is."

Colbert nodded. "Name your price."

Osagie glanced at the artifact with a smile. He knows the worth, and he was not ready to settle for less. "Twenty million dollars."

Colbert narrowed his eyes toward the artifact. He thought Osagie would demand more than he had mentioned. "It worth the price."

Osagie smile widened. Finally, he would become a billionaire. "When are you ready to pay for it."

"Send me your account details," Colbert said. "And see me in my office tomorrow at noon."

"Alright." Osagie collected it from him and put it back into his bag. "See you tomorrow." He opened the door and got down from the car while he watch it drove away.

He lifted his bottle of beer to his lips, swallowed a few content and walked back to his car. He light his weed and inhaled deeply with the feelings of a billionaire, and aimed the smoke forward.

"Boss," Danny walked back to him. "Here is it, baba."

Osagie collected about five wraps of weed from him, put in his breast pocket, then offered Danny some cash.

"Baba you too much," Danny said happily and walked away.

Osagie swallowed the last content of his beer and dropped the bottle on the ground, then got into his car and drove out of the street.

He checked his wristwatch, it was a minute pass six pm. He needed to go change some few dollars he had just received from his client before going to a night club with his guys. He pulled his car to a stop at front of Alade market and got down.

Alhaji Musa saw him coming and he quickly approached him. "Oga, I wan change dollar?"

Osagie met his gaze. "I want to change five hundred dollars."

"Come make I go my office," Musa said while Osagie followed.

"Dollar I be 315," Musa said as they got to his office.

"Alhaji, why your own be 315, when others dey change for 345?"

"Haba, megida na. Dollar I don come down, walahi."

"Your wayo too much alhaji." Osagie opened his wallet, counted out five hundred dollars and gave it to him. "Oya make it fast."

"Make I call am for my boy," Musa said and got to his feet. "My boy I go bring am the money."

"You better don't waist my time," Osagie checked his watch. "I have somewhere to go."

Alhaji Musa walked out of his office, went to a corner and held his cellphone to his ear. "Alo? Madam that man I don come, I dey my office."

"Good job," Abigail said from the other end. "I will be there in ten minutes."

"Make I come shap, shap the man I go comot. Alo? Alo?" Musa stared at the screen of his phone. "Kei, I don cut am."

Musa walked back into his office and stared at Osagie. "My boy I dey come." He said with a bright smile. "I want am minira?"

"I'm not here for mineral," Osagie glanced at his watch again. "Please make it fast and let me get out of here, it's getting dark."

"Make I no vex, oga. My boy I go come."

Few minutes later, Osagie checked his wristwatch again, it 6:36pm. "I don't think I can wait for this your boy, how long will it take him to bring the money."

"Make I no vex," Alhaji pulled himself up. "Me I go check am for my boy." He walked out of the office.

Osagie waited about a minute more and pulled himself up. He walked out of the office and met someone else. Within minutes he had changed his money and walked out of the office.

Musa saw him walking toward his car and hurried after him. "Oga I dey go?"

Osagie turned to face him. "I told you I don't have enough time. I've already changed the money."

"Haba oga, that one I no good, walahi."

"Next time." Osagie turned and walked to his car, opened the door and got inside.

Musa looked at the busy road. "Why this woman I neba come." He stared at Osagie as he was driving out of the place. He brought his phone from his pocket to make a call, then he saw Abigail's car pulling to a stop. He hurried toward her.

"Alhaji," Abigail said as she got out of her car.

"You I don tey, walahi" Musa said. "The man I don go." He pointed his hand toward Osagie's car as he was driving away.

Without a word, Abigail rushed back into her car and chased after him. She pushed in James number with one hand and held the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Yes." James said from the other end.

"I want you here, I've seen the man who bought the gold."

"Where are you?"

"I'm in my car, along Oregun road, I will call you back as soon as he gets to his destination."

"I will join you right away."

Abigail ended the call and increased the speed of her car, giving Osagie a few distance so that he wouldn't suspect her.

Osagie sang along with the music playing out from his car stereo. He stared through his side mirror and noticed the same car that had been following him, but he was not sure if the car was heading the same way with him or after him. He decided to find out by rolling his car to a stop at the side of the road. He stared through his side mirror again and found out the car had also stopped in a few distance from him. He narrowed his eyes in disbelief and drove his car forward, increasing his speed.

He diverted into a street and stopped, parking his car at the side of the street. He came out of it and noticed the same car parking in a few blocks away. He pretended as if he knew nothing that was happening, picked his bag from the back seat and walked through a small part at the side of a storey building.

Abigail held her cellphone to her ear and made a call to James. She ended the call and got out of her car, walking toward the building where Osagie had entered. It was dark but the street's light were on.

She discovered two locked shops at the front of the building and walked through the side off the building. She got to the back to see groups of boys and girls smoking and drinking. A snooker bord sited at the center of the yard.

No one in there seemed to notice Abigail's presence as she stood in a dark corner, staring round the place. Osagie was not there and she doesn't want to remain there either. She just need to wait for James in her car and keep eyes on the guy's car.

She turned to leave and stopped in a dull shook. Right in front of her, a man stared at her with cold eyes.

"What do you want from me?" Osagie held a gun to her forehand.

Abigail shivered....

©Harry Enomamien.. 2018

All rights reserved.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2018
ABU24:
MORE MONEY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Amen..

Thanks for reading.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2018
harunablezin:
Diz story is such à mouth watering one......keep d gud wek rolling more strength to your body!!!!
Thanks dearie.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by lonesome501(m): 7:45pm On May 30, 2018
abeg,tis update walahi i too short!

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:46pm On May 30, 2018
izaray:
Too much sauce in this story, more ink to ur pen harrystories
Thanks dear...
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:50pm On May 30, 2018
mikelife15:
O yes! MR HARRY am loving this. God bless flenty
flenty flenty blessing for you grin

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:50pm On May 30, 2018
lonesome501:
abeg,tis update walahi i too short!
grin grin
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 7:56pm On May 30, 2018
Thanks, more pls grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.