Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Tales Of Abigail - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of Abigail (68596 Views)

Tales Of An ASHEWO (18+) / Tales Of A Keke Napep Driver / Tales Of A College Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 24, 2018
How alert go show and no money deposited. Different ways of scamming sha. O boy Gold don go!!! I am enjoying the story. Keep it up.
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2018
24hoursreporter

Boss, I would appreciate your comment rather than quoting a whole chapter.

Thanks for reading smiley
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
How alert go show and no money deposited. Different ways of scamming sha.
shocked Bros, you never hear....
Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2018
Chapter Twenty one

Abigail nodded her head to the music playing out of her car stereo as she got hooked in a morning traffic. She was heading to her business place for the first time in many days. She had left her business with her manager whom Juliet had introduced to her, and the guy had performed more than she had expected.

For the first time in many years, she felt her real self, sound and happy. Things were beautiful just the way it used to be back in the days. She smiled, thanking God for restoring back her happiness. God had really been good to her through all her challenges. She smiled to the thought of thanksgiving as she pulled the gear of her car from N to D, driving forward.

She couldn't stop thinking of Andrew since the last time they met. He had been asking her to accept his love, that she was still giving a thought. Could he be the man that would give her the everlasting happiness that she had ever wanted? She hadn't really had the time to know much about him, but the guy had been nice to her since the first day she met him in his office, a very caring man. She smiled with a renewed sense of anticipation. She hadn't felt that way for a very long time.

The parking space of her business place was occupied with cars, and she rolled her car, parking directly at the front  the supermarket.

Abigail stare at a dozen or more customers as she stepped inside. She advanced happily toward the cahier who was busy attending to a customer.

"Aw..good morning madam." The young lady was happy to see her boss.

"Bimpe, how are you?"

"Fine ma."

Abigail smiled. "Hope everything is going on fine?"

"Yes madam, everything is fine."

Abigail nodded. "Where is the manager?"

"He has not been to work since two days, I'm still expecting him if he would come today, but he usually comes early."

Abigail checked her wristwatch and met her gaze."Okay I will call him on phone." She turned and walked away.

She walked around the big supermarket, taking note of everything before walking into her office. Her office was demarcated with transparent glasses that she could see through it. She settled down in her chair, opened a file that was on her table and began to go through it.

A slight knock brought her gaze toward the door, and her manager walked in with a worried look on his face. "Welcome madam."

She stared at him with a frown. "Bode?"

"Madam..." 

"Why have you not been to work?" She queried.

"I'm sorry ma."

"So this is how you've been playing with my business, abi?"

"No madam," he met her gaze. "I was having some issues that took my time."

"What was more important than your job? Now look at the time you're coming to work."

"I'm sorry madam."

Abigail signed and shook her head. "You can go, but always let me know if won't be available at work."

"Thank you madam." He said and remained standing.

Abigail met his gaze. "I say you can go."

"Madam, I...I want to tender my resignation letter."

She narrowed her eyes. "Why?"

"I...have some serious issues I'm battling that I have to relocate."

Abigail pulled out a soft breath, leaned back in her chair and met his gaze. "Are you alright? Why will you want to abandon your job after building this business up to this level?"

Bode turned his eyes toward wall and let it remained there for few seconds. "I don't have a choice. I'm afraid I may go to jail if I don't leave the city."

"Jail? What have you done?"

"I..."

"Sit down."

"Thank you ma," he settled down and met her gaze. "I traveled home few days ago to see my sick father.."

Abigail narrowed her eyes in surprise with her arms crossed over her chest as she silently listened to her manager. She was short of words.

"...they've threatened to arrest me." Bode added.

Abigail let out a long hard breath. How funny her manager got involved in this case. She leaned forward. "You're going to stay."

Bode shook his head. "I can't, madam. I don't want to go to jail."

"I will defend you."

He sighed. "It seems you don't know what I'm talking about, I can't risk it."

Abigail cast him a pitying look and let out a soft breath. She knew how he felt. She had been there and James would make him a scapegoat if they couldn't trace the buyer. She wanted to tell him she knew about the gold, but that would scare him away and she doesn't want that to happen. She met his gaze. "You have to trust me," she told him. "You'll have to do as I say till I find a way to settle this matter. It's not going to be easy but I promise you nothing will befall you."

Bode nodded. "Yes ma."

The rain was pouring heavily by the time Bode left work. His mind was crowded with so much thought as he stared out through the window of a taxi that was taking him home. He had never been scammed in his life, and the way he was played surprised him a lot. What was he going to tell the owner of the gold if they finally traced him? They're going to find him because one of his family will surely lead them to him. Those thought were killing him slowly, and he was filled with bitterness.

The street lights were off, leaving the street in total darkness as the rain and the thunder continued to have their way through the night. The taxi pulled to a stop at the front of his apartment, and he alighted, then hurried toward his front door to get out of the angry rain.

He stopped at once, standing in the rain as he noticed two men knocking on his front door. Who are those people? Fear gripped him as he heard a sound behind him. He turned to see two other men coming out of a car at the other side of the street, coming toward him in a hurry.

Bode widened his eyes in fear, then pulled his eyes back to the ones at his front door, they had noticed him and they were also coming after him. The next thing that came to his mind was to run, and without delay, he took off and the four men chased after him in the heavy rain.

"Get him!" James screamed, breathing heavily behind his men as they chased after Bode.

With all his strength, Bode ran out of the street to the main road. Without his notice, a coming vehicle in a full speed swept him off the ground into air. All Bode could see was darkness as he landed at the center of the road, blood gushing out of his mouth.

"No!" James screamed, falling to his kneels. "My gold.."

The taffic built up immediately, all cars were on stand still, and a few good Nigerians rushed into the rain, running toward Bode.

©Harry Enomamien.. 2018

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 10:46am On May 25, 2018
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung rukidanty babyurgly1 Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Bulcglay Giwa80 Isyben timstone pweetgiftofgod Okuchris ndy87

4 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Bulcqlay(m): 11:10am On May 25, 2018
harrystories:

ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung rukidanty babyurgly1 Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Bulcglay Giwa80 Isyben timstone pweetgiftofgod Okuchris ndy87
yes boss......... thanks for the update boss, but I kinda pity this poor bode sha,,,,,,, well na greediness want to kill him now

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 11:16am On May 25, 2018
harrystories:

Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by ebonyfaf(f): 11:26am On May 25, 2018
harrystories:

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by ebonyfaf(f): 11:29am On May 25, 2018
There is fire on the mountain for Bode ooooo. James and his men will torture the poor boy

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 11:47am On May 25, 2018
James obsession with that gold is three much.
Well done Harry.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 11:47am On May 25, 2018
harrystories:

Action, suspense, crime: All in one story. Thumbs up bro. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by pweetygiftofGod(f): 2:25pm On May 25, 2018
harrystories:

I went to eat o... Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by greatlinda(f): 2:53pm On May 25, 2018
tnx for the update

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 25, 2018
Bode have entered one chance.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 25, 2018
Gold grin interesting... thanks

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by dupsai(f): 5:32pm On May 25, 2018
The spirit behind gold is very terrible, people can begins to worship it if care is not taken. May God help Bode to survive this. The truth is that the buyer himself might die because of it. Thanks Harrystories for the update, more blessings.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by mikelife15(m): 8:08pm On May 25, 2018
harrystories:

thanks for the mention. This one na better ACTION FILM. Am loving it

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by labelle123(f): 9:31pm On May 25, 2018
harrystories:

The boss himself following bumper to bumper where is Adesina I need popcorn

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Okuchris(f): 12:48pm On May 26, 2018
this story is twisted, can't predict the next step,keeps you in suspense and that's what makes it interesting

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Lorlahlizzy(f): 12:49pm On May 26, 2018
nice story op

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by itsandi(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2018
Interesting story smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Tales Of Abigail by Geemoni71(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2018
harrystories:
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung Geemoni71 Chivera018 Missmossy rukidanty babyurgly1 Chris2face Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Donyai
tnx 4 mention nd 4 d update

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by skubido(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2018
Nice wan at OP. God bless ya hand work

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Okuchris(f): 10:08pm On May 27, 2018
what's going on?

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by usmandaddy(m): 9:39am On May 28, 2018
wow Bode in trouble, nice writeup keep update

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2018
Chapter Twenty Two

The thunder rumbled at the dark sky as Abigail pulled her car to a stop at the front of Andrew's apartment. She was there for the first time, giving him a surprised visit on a Saturday morning.  She got down from the car and made her way toward the front door, knocking.

The door was opened by a very pretty woman with a smooth black skin, and Abigail expression fell on seeing her. Who was she and what was she doing in Andrew's apartment?

"Good morning," the woman greeted with a smile.

"Go...good morning, I...is Andrew home?" Abigail asked.

"Yes," she left the door and let her in.

"Thank you."

"Have a seat," the woman said and walked out of the sitting room to inform Andrew.

Abigail settled down in the chair wondering who she was. Andrew told her he wasn't married. She let out a soft breath and glanced round the richly furnished sitting room before letting her eyes rest on the TV that was broadcasting a live program.

Andrew emerged from the staircase with a perfect smile. "Abigail? How'd I get so lucky."

She met his gaze. "Lucky?"

"To have you here in my apartment," he smiled. "It's a blessing."

She smiled. "Who is that woman?"

Andrew paused halfway into the chair and laughed. "Angela. She's my elder sister. She just returned from Texas two days ago for a visit."

Abigail let out a soft breath and met his gaze. "I thought she's your wife.."

"Oh," he laughed. "Let me introduce her to you."

"Never mind," she said.

"Do you care for a drink?"

"Hmm...soft drink."

Andrew smiled and walked toward the refrigerator. He pulled out a can of malt, then a glass cup and returned to her. He poured the drink into the glass cup and handed it to Abigail.

"Thanks." She took a sip and placed it on the small table beside her and met his gaze. "You won't believe my manager he's Jessica's cousin."

"You don't mean it." Andrew leaned forward. "How did you know about it?"

"It was him that told me," Abigail lifted her glass and took another sip. "He was trying to run away from James."

"Why?"

"He had sold his gold."

"Are are serious? Didn't Jessica said it was stolen?" Andrew leaned forward.

"It was stolen by her sister who only admired the beauty of the artifact, not knowing the worth, and she sold it to my manager."

"How did James get know about it?"

"That's what I can't say." She took another sip from her glass. "You James, don't you?"

He let a breath and stared at her. "Who did he sold the gold to?"

"A stranger whom he claimed he met at Alade market, and the funny thing was that the buyer played him."

"How?"

"The buyer played him by sending a fake bank alert of five hundred thousand to his phone." She shook her head.

Andrew let out an explosive breath. "This is serious. Are you sure he was saying the truth?"

"He showed me the alert he received on his phone, and this morning I went to the bank to confirmed it."

Andrew stared at her for few seconds. "I would advice you to keep him out of your organization. I wouldn't want James after you anymore."

"He was in my office with a resignation letter, but I rejected it." She met his gaze. "The guy is important."

"What do you want to do about him?"

"I'm trying to see if I can talk James out of it."

Andrew signed. "And you think James would listen to that? Just let him go. I don't want anything to connect you and James anymore, you know who he is."

She shook her head. "James is going to kill that poor boy."

"There's little you can do about it. How would you locate the buyer? I don't want you to get involved in this, Abigail. You've been through a lot and it's the right you sidestep from anything that screamed James."

Abigail lifted her glass and took a sip. She placed it on the table then, picked her ringing phone from her handbag. "Hello?"

"Madam, The taxi man that usually come to pick Bode from work just told me Bode got hit by a car last night when he was running away from some men." Abigail's casher said from the other end.

"What? Got hit my a car, did he survived it?"

"The man said he was rushed to St Moses hospital, close to his apartment."

"Oh my God.." She ended the call and pulled out a long hard breath.

"What is it?" Andrew leaned forward.

"Bode. They've got him. He was knocked down by a car when trying to escape. He's at the hospital." She picked her bag from the chair. "I got to go."

"Where are you going?"

"To the hospital." She hurried toward the front door.

"Wait," he said. "I'll go with you."

"I can't wait, I will see you later." She walked out and closed the door behind her.

In less than thirty minutes, Abigail pulled her car to a stop at the front of the hospital and hurried out of it. A police patrol pickup was parked at the premises with four police men around it, all staring at Abigail as she made her way toward the entrance of the hospital.

She stopped and stared at Spenky who was coming out of the hospital.

Spenky met her gaze. "Hi, good to see you again."

"Where is James, and what have you guys done to my manager?"

"Your manager?"

"Yes, the one that got hit by a car last night."

Spenky felt surprised. "You knows him?

"You heard me."

"Oh, I..."

Abigail just turned and hurried into the hospital and approached a nurse at the front desk. "I want to see the accident victim that was brought here last night."

The nurse met her gaze. "I'm sorry you can't see him."

Abigail frowned. "Why can't I see him?"

"It was an order given to us."

"An order? By who?"

"You can approach the policemen outside," the nurse said. "They're the ones watching over him."

Eyes narrowed. "You can't be serious?" She turned and hurried out of the hospital.

She met Spenky who was about to enter his car. "Excuse me."

Spenky turned and met her eyes, one hand on top of his car. "Yes."

Abigail stopped in a few feet away from him. "Why can't I see him?"

"Who?"

"My manager."

"It wasn't my order," Spenky said.

"I don't care whose order it is," she said in annoyance. "I need to see him, now."

Spenky stared at her for some seconds. "I'm sorry I can't do that. Maybe you should talk to James."

She took her phone and dialed James number, and James picked on the first ring. "James?"

"Yes."

She let out a soft breath to calm her anger. "That guy you admitted at the hospital is someone close to me. He's the one handling my business. I would appreciate if I could have a few words with him."

Silence fell at the other end.

"James?"

"Where are you?"

"I'm a the hospital, being denied an access to see him."

"Okay, I will get back to you in a minute."

Abigail ended the call and stared at Spenky who picked his ringing phone and held it to his ear.

"Yes, sir." Spenky said into the phone. He ended his call and met Abigail's gaze. "Come with me."

Bode was in bed, eyes closed, bandage all around his head and a heart heart monitor beeps above his head. Abigail stared at him in pity and sat at the edge bed.

Bode blinked his eyes opened at the sound. "Ma..ma.."

"It's okay." Tears welled up in her eyes. "You will be alright."

"Wa..ter," he managed to speak.

Abigail spotted a bottle of water on the table beside the bed. She picked it up and poured a few content in a glass cup, then put her hand under his neck and brought the cup gently to his lips. He took a small sip and she placed the cup back on the table.

"How can we trace the buyer?" She asked.

"I..I..don't.. Know."

"What about the Hausa man you met before the buyer, can you recognize him?"

"He..his name..is Alhaji.. Musa." He coughed, and his eyes were changing colours.

"Don't say anything," Abigail said. "Just relax, okay?"

The heart monitor began to behaved abnormal and Bode began to stretched his body, about to give up.

"Nurse!" Abigail screamed. "Somebody help!"

About three nurses, rushed in...

©Harry Enomamien..2010

All rights reserved.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by harrystories(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2018
ebonyfaf daviesblaze Oluangelkay classicladyk dotyoung  rukidanty babyurgly1 Ann2012 Izaray aprilwise labelle123 Godwindanielboy mikelife15 pinkie2018 Yusuf2 Bulcglay Giwa80 Isyben timstone pweetgiftofgod Okuchris ndy87 Chivera018

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 28, 2018
Hmmmm! Heheheheeeee bode just wakaa like dat cos of gold Ni?

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by rchilee: 7:24pm On May 28, 2018
Chai

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 28, 2018
Pitiful bode, a sacrificial lamb for James hunger for gold. James will pay for this. Thanks for the update. Thumbs up. You are doing a good job. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Ann2012(f): 6:27am On May 29, 2018
This gold matter no be small, I won't be surprised if the lady who scammed Bode turns out to be Andrew's sister. Well done sir

1 Like

Re: Tales Of Abigail by Pinkie2018(f): 11:03am On May 29, 2018
The story should be renamed 'The Missing Gold'.
But aunty don't dull my spirit, send all already. I'm dyeing of curiosity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.