Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,337 members, 7,954,387 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:55 PM

Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. (10538 Views)

10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 / 5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible / 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Go To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by pressplay411(m): 8:31pm On May 03, 2018
Born2Freak:

1. In this era of Buhari and suffering, you are free from any duty to tithe. You will save 10% of your salary for yourself

2. Since there is no need to go to church as an atheist, no pastor will force you to;
*remove panties
*eat grass
*inhale insecticides

3. No need to travel to Mecca for pilgrimage (or Jerusalem) since government no longer pays for it.

4. All those hours wasted praying for Nigeria to be better will now be used for something better

5. No more money spent on transport fare to church. Imagine going from lagos to otta or lagos to ibadan expressway and spending 3 hrs on the road

6. You won't miss your favourite sunday shows because of church eg premier league matches, telemundo full series etc

7. You will now be able to laugh whenever Lalasticlala pushes a thread about crazy pastors and ridiculous things in religion to the frontpage

8. You can now feel free blocking all those boring religious channels on DSTV

9. No more running on from office to mosque on Fridays for prayers

10. No more hunger games aka Fasting

I hope you guys will see the light and become atheists. Ramen!

Funny and even quirky as this post is, you know what you just did?
You've just evangelised. You just preached the gospel of the self, the gospel of the devil which has always been "You do not need God."

I hope you realise there's only 2 sides to life's coin; If you're not preaching Christ, You're preaching the devil.
I know because I was once reveled in the same state and pseudo-freedom.

It's just like kids playing and watching tv. It's so free, so gratifying, so pleasing to the senses. But the kid should have been doing his chores, diligently studying to pass their examinations, learning the important things in life, etc.

So tell me what happens when examination starts?
He starts chewing the tip of his pen and counting the ceiling in the exam hall because after probing his brain for possible answers to the exam question, it gave him an echo, cos his brain is empty from lack of study.

Trust me living as an atheist is free. But if in basic things of life a sense of responsibility is expected of us, how much more our soul?

Your existence came with a responsibility. You answer to your creator and creator of this world you're living in and you have a Purpose to fulfill. The earlier you realise this, the better.

If you'll be honest with yourself, even you know something's still not right with your present atheistic belief system.
I know I won't be able to convince you, that's not my job. But I hope I've been able to sow a seed of the knowledge of our God, Christ inside you. And I hope you will believe on Him today and receive His Grace to behold His Glory.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:35pm On May 03, 2018
frank317:

Isnt this what we have been saying? Religion or no religion... believe in God or not does not make any ones life better. Thats the simple point we want to prove to ya all who go about lying to people that their life will be better if they start beliving... i am glad u are gradually learning sha

Long time Frank.

To the bolded, it all depends on what one means by “making life better”. If by better, you mean belief in God gives life context and hinge and meaning, then belief in God does exactly that. So you’re wrong or dishonest if you, as an atheist claims your life has the same dimensions as that of a theist. Where does the context and meaning of your life come from? Where does the context of your relationship with others come from? And your morality? And your reason for living?

See?
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 10:55pm On May 03, 2018
pressplay411:

Funny and even quirky as this post is, you know what you just did?
You've just evangelised. You just preached the gospel of the self, the gospel of the devil which has always been "You do not need God."

I hope you realise there's only 2 sides to life's coin; If you're not preaching Christ, You're preaching the devil.
I know because I was once reveled in the same state and pseudo-freedom.

It's just like kids playing and watching tv. It's so free, so gratifying, so pleasing to the senses. But the kid should have been doing his chores, diligently studying to pass their examinations, learning the important things in life, etc.

So tell me what happens when examination starts?
He starts chewing the tip of his pen and counting the ceiling in the exam hall because after probing his brain for possible answers to the exam question, it gave him an echo, cos his brain is empty from lack of study.

Trust me living as an atheist is free. But if in basic things of life a sense of responsibility is expected of us, how much more our soul?

Your existence came with a responsibility. You answer to your creator and creator of this world you're living in and you have a Purpose to fulfill. The earlier you realise this, the better.

If you'll be honest with yourself, even you know something's still not right with your present atheistic belief system.
I know I won't be able to convince you, that's not my job. But I hope I've been able to sow a seed of the knowledge of our God, Christ inside you. And I hope you will believe on Him today and receive His Grace to behold His Glory.

If you are honest to yourself, you would see that religion is not the way forward. What has religion done so far in Nigeria. We are one of the most religious countries in the world by church attendance, yet, still corrupt.

Belief in God is quite useless. People have reached great heights without God. They have made discoveries, helped thousands and gone to mars.

2 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 10:59pm On May 03, 2018
Joshthefirst:

Long time Frank.

To the bolded, it all depends on what one means by “making life better”. If by better, you mean belief in God gives life context and hinge and meaning, then belief in God does exactly that. So you’re wrong or dishonest if you, as an atheist claims your life has the same dimensions as that of a theist. Where does the context and meaning of your life come from? Where does the context of your relationship with others come from? And your morality? And your reason for living?

See?

Pardon my interruption but I would like to say that God is not necessary for one to have a better life.

Man has reached the moon without God
Bill Gates and other Western millionaires have contributed to many humanitarian solutions without God

You ask about the meaning of life. It is interesting to note that there was a thread pointing out how life is more meaningless with God. The thread argued that even in christianity, there are different versions of the same "God".
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Primesky(m): 11:00pm On May 03, 2018
0temSapien:

If you are no more on earth, you are automatically an alien to the earth. Check the dictionary for the intrinsic or literal meaning of alien. For example, Yahweh is an alien because he is no more living on earth. Your ancestors and my ancestors are aliens because they are no more living on earth.

What? So all the Nigerians living abroad are aliens to Nigeria, since they are outside Nigeria. Hahaha..., Mr. President too, is an alien to Nigeria, since he traveled outside Nigeria. What about ambassadors of nations living outside their countries of origin, they are aliens too, even though they live in embassies and are representing their countries. How can you call the landlord of a property an alien simply because he isn't inside at the moment?. What kind of reasoning is that?.

Psalms 24:1
The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

The Lord God is no alien to His own creation. That's the lie the devil is trying so hard to sell, so that humanity will grant him and his colleagues free access. Coming in the name of a benevolent ETs, aka UFOs, aka aliens. They will fail!.

Mr. Otem, there's no intrinsic nor extrinsic explanation that will justify these fallen angels trying so hard to take over the earth, for their own wicked and devilish purposes. But why will you be aiding them? Are you a human being? These guys are liars!. Don't buy it. You haven't seen their real character yet.

Jesus Christ is the way.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by pressplay411(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2018
Born2Freak:

If you are honest to yourself, you would see that religion is not the way forward. What has religion done so far in Nigeria. We are one of the most religious countries in the world by church attendance, yet, still corrupt.

Belief in God is quite useless. People have reached great heights without God. They have made discoveries, helped thousands and gone to mars.

The problem which you're right about is religiousness. It is not only the problem of Nigeria but of the whole world. Religion was practised before Christ and is being practised still after Christ. It might shock you to know this, Christianity is not a religion.
Nigeria is the way it is because truly we're a religious country. Islam, indigenous and some false Christianity.

And yes, any body can be successful in life. You don't need to be a believer to achieve that. But you need God to save your soul.
Most of those who succeed without God, are probably the most depressed people but you'll never know until maybe they're exposed or they make the news for overdosing cos they never found happiness, purpose and meaning in life.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Benjamin831(m): 11:41pm On May 03, 2018
If OP and I are on a bus and suddenly an accident is about to occur am sure his/her scream of the name JESUS would be louder than mine..

Keep deceiving yourself in public but you know in your heart that you know and believe that there's God. You are probably just trying to impress by saying the contrary
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by hopefulLandlord: 11:47pm On May 03, 2018
Benjamin831:
If OP and I are on a bus and suddenly an accident is about to occur am sure his/her scream of the name JESUS would be louder than mine..

Keep deceiving yourself in public but you know in your heart that you know and believe that there's God. You are probably just trying to impress by saying the contrary

If me an you are in a bus and an accident is about to occur am sure your scream of "Odin" would be loud enough to drown the sound of an atomic bomb

Keep deceiving yourself in public but you know in your heart that you know and believe Odin is the true God. You are probably just trying to impress by saying Yahweh/Jesus are

6 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by budaatum: 3:03am On May 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If me an you are in a bus and an accident is about to occur am sure your scream of "Odin" would be loud enough to drown the sound of an atomic bomb
Except if a Spaghetti Monster worshipper were on the same bus in which case, their cry of "Spaghetti O", would drown you all out.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 5:16am On May 04, 2018
pressplay411:

The problem which you're right about is religiousness. It is not only the problem of Nigeria but of the whole world. Religion was practised before Christ and is being practised still after Christ. It might shock you to know this, Christianity is not a religion.
Nigeria is the way it is because truly we're a religious country. Islam, indigenous and some false Christianity.

And yes, any body can be successful in life. You don't need to be a believer to achieve that. But you need God to save your soul.
Most of those who succeed without God, are probably the most depressed people but you'll never know until maybe they're exposed or they make the news for overdosing cos they never found happiness, purpose and meaning in life.

see what you are saying. So, it is only people who are successful without your God that turn out to be depressed? Christians dont get depressed.

Sir, you are speaking out of fear. One can have purpose without God. In fact, God serves no purpose to people's lives. If I ask you what your purpose is, you would not be able to say it.

I am an atheist and I am happy without God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by pressplay411(m): 6:39am On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

see what you are saying. So, it is only people who are successful without your God that turn out to be depressed? Christians dont get depressed.

Sir, you are speaking out of fear. One can have purpose without God. In fact, God serves no purpose to people's lives. If I ask you what your purpose is, you would not be able to say it.

I am an atheist and I am happy without God

I will patiently explain this to you but I must first ask a favour. My intention is not to argue with you neither is it to attack you, so please read with the intention to "hear me out", to understand.

Purpose is the reason something or someone was designed or created. The purpose of a spoon is to scoop meals when eating. The purpose of a television is to display motion picture. The purpose of a phone is communication via calls, chats, etc.
But do you know the purpose of man (humanity)?
I know my purpose, but do you know yours?

Atheism doesn't provide this answer. In fact, this question forms the basis of atheism. No scientist knows this answer either and you can't blame them, science doesn't not answer the question of Why things exist but How they exist and function.
Science can describe with astute details how we were created (conceived) through copulation of the male and female gametes, formed from the union of the (lucky) sperm cell and ovum, developed from a zygote, grew into a foetus during a 9 month pregnancy, until finally after the 3rd trimester, delivered from the mother as a baby.
But with all the scientific, psychological and technological advancement achieved by Science, it still can never tell you why tyou were born (created). Please, orrect me if I'm wrong. Perhaps I didn't get the memo.

Now you have an old dusty book (I'm sure it's still somewhere buried in your closet), the Bible that clearly explains why you were born, what you were born to do and even your original purposed destination in the after life.

To answer your question. What is the purpose of man?
It is summed up in 2 verses in the Bible.

Gen.1.28 - Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

Matt.6.33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Our purpose is to seek first the kingdom of God (His presence, Eden) and then establish His kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. Then very other need of ours will be met. We will Prosper (fruitful), fill the earth and have Dominion over it.
Any object that is not fulfilling the purpose it was designed starts to malfunction. Just as using a car for any other purpose other than driving, it starts to malfunction. Even just parking a car without driving it for months, which is not necessarily abuse but disuse, it starts to malfunction.

This is why when we stay away from God's presence, not knowing God, we start to malfunction. Depression, unfulfilment, all sorts of mental disorders, bipolarity, insecurity, etc sets in. Yet, instead of repenting and returning to our Eden, God's presence, we turn further away resorting to dependence on drugs and alcohol which only postpone doomsday.

I hope this makes some sense to you.
God loves you. He loved you even before you were conceived, He loves you so much he couldn't bare watching our destruction. He died for you and I. Christ saved us.
All He asks is you believe on Him, acknowledge Him and all His promises and purpose for your life will be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:08am On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

Sweden
Japan
Denmark

cheesy

All this country you mentioned are they greater than U.S.A and Russia who believe in God?
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:15am On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:20am On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

Why are you lying to yourself? which of these so called irrelligious country is our technologically inclined and advanced than Russia, Isreal and U.S.A?

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by rekinomtla(m): 7:58am On May 04, 2018
No thank you, I refuse to join cults such as atheism. I follow truth not lies.

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 8:07am On May 04, 2018
rekinomtla:
No thank you, I refuse to join cults such as atheism. I follow truth not lies.

How can atheism be a cult? Some christians can be quite ignorant of their own shortcomings

Christianity is far more applicable to cultism than atheism.

Is it not christianity that
*forces church members to marry other church members
*discriminate against non-believers and outsiders
*has funny spiritual practices eg spiritual cannibalism with communion, spiritual drowning aka baptism
*worship the cult leaders eg daddy G.O

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 8:13am On May 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Why are you lying to yourself? which of these so called irrelligious country is our technologically inclined and advanced than Russia, Isreal and U.S.A?

Out of ignorance, the mind speaks.

The most technologically advanced country in the world is Japan. The most developed country according to HDI is Norway. Try reading and stop listening to fake news from America claiming that the USA is number 1.

Russia is a backwards country and that is why it is not even allowed in the EU. Corruption, tyranny and homophobia. As for Isreal, it ranks averagely in human development. Most Jews don't follow Judaism in Isreal as they are secular.

2 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 8:15am On May 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

All this country you mentioned are they greater than U.S.A and Russia who believe in God?

The USA ranks poorly in many indices amongst developed nations

-High child mortality
-High number of people in poverty and without healthcare coverage
-Number 1 in school shootings

Russia is a backwards country. Have you seen any Nigerian going there and coming back successful?

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by rekinomtla(m): 8:38am On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

How can atheism be a cult? Some christians can be quite ignorant of their own shortcomings.

Tell that to your cult leaders, the four horseman of atheism.

Christianity is far more applicable to cultism than atheism.

So atheism is applicable to cultism.

Is it not christianity that
*forces church members to marry other church members
*discriminate against non-believers and outsiders
*has funny spiritual practices eg spiritual cannibalism with communion, spiritual drowning aka baptism
*worship the cult leaders eg daddy G.O

So because some christians do this and that then therefore Christianity is responsible. OK guess atheism is responsible for the following

Is it not atheism that
*establishes atheists states to mass murder non-atheists.
*founded the worlds largest pedophile advocacy organization.
*forces the worship of cult leaders eg Kim jong
*promotes lies and propaganda about religion.
* loves communism
*commands its followers to mock religious individuals.
*indoctrinates it's followers into believing moral relativism aka do want you want.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 9:46am On May 04, 2018
rekinomtla:

Is it not atheism that
*establishes atheists states to mass murder non-atheists.
*founded the worlds largest pedophile advocacy organization.
*forces the worship of cult leaders eg Kim jong
*promotes lies and propaganda about religion.
* loves communism
*commands its followers to mock religious individuals.
*indoctrinates it's followers into believing moral relativism aka do want you want.

See lies!!

None of what you said was done in the name of atheism. You are a liar like your father Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Anas09: 11:11am On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

The thing is that good people will be good, with or without religion.

Christianity is not the only way to a better life.
You didn't answer my question.

You implied that doing all you listed as a religious person is bad both for us as a people and as a society, hence i asked you, 'Since you don't do any of them and i do (the ones recorded in the Bible of course), how has it made you better than i am?

I pay my tithe, i give to the needy, as a matter of fact, i live to serve the less privileged.

List one way your life is better than mine.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Anas09: 11:18am On May 04, 2018
frank317:

Isnt this what we have been saying? Religion or no religion... believe in God or not does not make any ones life better. Thats the simple point we want to prove to ya all who go about lying to people that their life will be better if they start beliving... i am glad u are gradually learning sha
Frank, i expected more from you, not this. The Op is not about being good whether or not one is religious.

She numerated the things that will make us good or liberate us from if we are all atheist. In other words, atheism is better for us.

So, my question. She is liberated from religion, so she doesn't do any of them, how is her life better than mine who practice what the Bible teaches?
It's not about being inherently good.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Anas09: 11:24am On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

See lies!!

None of what you said was done in the name of atheism. You are a liar like your father Yahweh.
But eating grass, drinking fuel, swallowing snakes, undressing female congregants, walking on congregants are all commanded by YHWH right?

SMH for your dishonesty.

Well. i don't eat grass, i don't drink fuel. i don't swallow snakes and definitely don't do what i can't find in the Bible, but i pay my tithes.

What can you say you have achieved for your society as an atheist that you believe i can not because i am a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Anas09: 11:28am On May 04, 2018
Born2freak, is that you on your DP? Wow. now i understand why you want to live free.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by sKeetz(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2018
Anas09:
Born2freak, is that you on your DP? Wow. now i understand why you want to live free.

When they start losing an arguement, they start bringing irrelevancies.

What has her dp got to do with the discussion at hand??

So you left the arguement and went to her profile just to check her out, that says a lot about you.

Hypocrites undecided

4 Likes

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

Out of ignorance, the mind speaks.

The most technologically advanced country in the world is Japan. The most developed country according to HDI is Norway. Try reading and stop listening to fake news from America claiming that the USA is number 1.

Russia is a backwards country and that is why it is not even allowed in the EU. Corruption, tyranny and homophobia. As for Isreal, it ranks averagely in human development. Most Jews don't follow Judaism in Isreal as they are secular.

Is Japan now an atheist Nation? Does atheist believe in the supernatural?

Atleast 65 percent of Japanese citizens are Shinto adherent and it has some form of spirituality and rituals. Though they claim is not a religion but who also says my christianity is a religion?

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 1:57pm On May 04, 2018
Anas09:

Wetin you dey find for my dp? undecided

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 2:28pm On May 04, 2018
Anas09:

You didn't answer my question.

You implied that doing all you listed as a religious person is bad both for us as a people and as a society, hence i asked you, 'Since you don't do any of them and i do (the ones recorded in the Bible of course), how has it made you better than i am?

I pay my tithe, i give to the needy, as a matter of fact, i live to serve the less privileged.

List one way your life is better than mine.

You live to serve the less privileged? If that is true, then you wouldnt be paying tithe. I don't pay tithe and so, I have more to be giving poorer people and the less privileged.

The fact remains that on average, a religious person has more baggage than a secular person. I say "on average" because it is not always true but it usually happens like that.

How many christians would treat me kindly if they knew that I was an atheist in real life? There are christians who wouldn't let me come near themselves or their children.

In summary;
I am more tolerant than you as an atheist- I can roll with satanists, buddhists, pagans etc, most of which your religion considers "demonic"
I am less likely to be bamboozled by a pastor
I don't have religious finances to pay and so, I have more money to help the less privileged
I don't have to let my health suffer in the name of fasting- fasting is unhealthy.

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 2:37pm On May 04, 2018
Anas09:

But eating grass, drinking fuel, swallowing snakes, undressing female congregants, walking on congregants are all commanded by YHWH right?

SMH for your dishonesty.

Well. i don't eat grass, i don't drink fuel. i don't swallow snakes and definitely don't do what i can't find in the Bible, but i pay my tithes.

What can you say you have achieved for your society as an atheist that you believe i can not because i am a Christian?

I can support a satanist for president grin grin grin

But honestly, tithing is not biblical. It is not for christians.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 2:39pm On May 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Is Japan now an atheist Nation? Does atheist believe in the supernatural?

Atleast 65 percent of Japanese citizens are Shinto adherent and it has some form of spirituality and rituals. Though they claim is not a religion but who also says my christianity is a religion?

Please, read more about Japanese people. They are traditional and not religious. The average Japanese is born a buddhist, marries like a christian and is buried like a shintoist.

Japanese are mostly atheists.

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by rekinomtla(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2018
Born2Freak:

See lies!!

Typical from an atheist, you all sick disgusting individuals.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by budaatum: 4:04pm On May 04, 2018
You need educating so I am butting in. My apologies for what may sound like an insult, but you, hear me out.

pressplay411:

Purpose is the reason something or someone was designed or created.]
I disagree with your "designed or created", but however, admit that a person without a purpose flounders in the wind.

[quote author=pressplay411 post=67264850]Atheism doesn't provide this answer.

It doesn't actually, though it influences one's purpose one way or the other. But the assumption is in your " created or designed". I, though, will concentrate on 'puopose'.

Consider the following. Can an atheist doctor be said to lack purpose when he or she heals the sick and saves the dying? Can an atheist human rights lawyer be said to lack purpose when he or she fights against oppression? Can an atheist road sweeper be said to lack purpose when he or she cleans the streets to ensure filth and disease does not kill people? Is a scientist, who researches into the sperm and ovum not fulfil a purpose? Or didn't get you the memo that atheist doctors, lawyers, road sweepers and scientists fulfil these functions too?

pressplay411:
To answer your question. What is the purpose of man?
It is summed up in 2 verses in the Bible.

Gen.1.28 - Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
I repeat, in a different form, is the atheist doctor, lawyer, road sweeper, and scientist not fruitful, multiplying and having dominion too in what they do?

pressplay411:
Matt.6.33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Would you claim the atheist doctor, lawyer, road sweeper and scientist is not even going further by creating the so called Godly Kingdom right here on earth with what they do?

I guess you need to respond to my question above so we can determine if the atheist doctor, lawyer, road sweeper and scientist has malfunctioned first.

pressplay411:
Yet, instead of repenting and returning to our Eden, God's presence, we turn further away resorting to dependence on drugs and alcohol which only postpone doomsday.
Sounds to me like you think atheism includes drug use and being evil and so on. Let me know if you do please.

pressplay411:
All He asks is you believe on Him, acknowledge Him and all His promises and purpose for your life will be fulfilled.
I honestly thought all God asked of people is that they do his will by loving one another! So, and in fear of sounding repetitive, would you claim an atheist doctor who heals the sick and saves the dying is not doing God's will? Or that an atheist human rights lawyer who fights against oppression isn't doing God's will? Or an atheist road sweeper who cleans the streets to ensure filth and disease does not kill people isn't? And that the scientist, who researches into how the sperm and ovum and saving lives of many isn't either?

Do consider the following story. One day, a certain man healed the sick on the day reserved for worshipping a certain god. Can you explain the lesson such a story might teach please?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Inconsistences Of The Theories Of Evolution / Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? / Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.