Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. (10042 Views)

10 GREAT Reasons Why You Should Be An Atheist Now In 2019 / 5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible / 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Go To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Born2Freak(f): 9:26pm On May 08, 2018
Primesky:

I pity you my dear, because you do not know. May God open your eyes. Men have made their choices. You too, have made your choice. Some have decided to steal, others lie, others commit fornication and adultery, there are horrendous liars and jailers, abortion is on the rise and all manner of wickedness. I guess you don't know that the fate that awaits the killer man is the same fate that aware the lair, sexual pervert and thief.

So, in your mind God should force the 'bad guys'to stop, do you know what that means?. If God moves in that line do you suppose you will be saved? When you don't even believe in Him.

The first time God forced a stop of evil, only a family of 8 persons were saved (Noah). The next time God forced a stop of whoredom and vileness, less than 5 persons were saved in a whole city. Yet all these are nothing compared to the next phase. For surely, evil and wickedness will not last long.

Jude 1:6-7 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Now, to ensure that you are saved from a far more terrible consequence, Jesus came to pay your price, yet you reject Him and are instead blaming God for the very evil you're part of. We all have sinned and messed up, all we need do is repent and be saved from the fiersome wrath coming. I can tell you, if God arises today, to force a stop if evil in Nigeria, He will not play partiality, He is just in judgement. Many people will go for it. Hahaha... So, you want God to kill the Boko Haram terrorists and then spare the liar?. Really?.

Repent and be saved now, it's for your own good.

Jesus saves.

Was it my choice to be born in Nigeria?

Jesus can't save shite. The guy failed the Jews in holocaust. The guy failed christians in the north in boko territory.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 08, 2018
Born2Freak:

Gerrarrahia before I call the mods angry
tongue
Born2Freak:

Gerrarrahia before I call the mods angry
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by frank317: 6:43am On May 09, 2018
Primesky:

I guess you are the wise one, right?, the one who believes the universe has been existing just like that, and senselessly put everything thing in order, and you believe to be an accidental creation as well. SMH.
I never said i believe anything bro... i said no one knows... u can go and read my post again... hopefully u will realize why i said u are tooo incompetent for the creator to send u to talk to me and u can never earn my believe... already interpretation bias is worrying u.

What a warped reasoning. God made intelligent humans, who have will and power of choice. God never made robots. Do you think making a robot will be difficult to do?
The God in ur head right? The God who cant speak but sent u to talk to me?
Ur God obviously does not know the meaning of robot... from the way he is acting thats what he wanted but ended creating humans with will. The reason why i reject ur nonsensical idea of a God is because i am not a robot, why then will ur God be angry with me?

. But God made man to fellowship with Him. In relationship, do you force the other to comply with you?. How genuine is forced marriage?. He let's you make your choice. But since, the universe belongs to God alone, if you're opposing Him and antagonizing Him, where do you suppose to be?. Is either you are in His house as a useful creation or in you're in the dustbin (hell) as a useless creation. Just as you do in your house. Whatever is useless to you the owner of the house, is thrown away, but in this case, you will be the one to decide where you want to go. God has been patient, giving us time to repent, but we count is as weakness. When the one who made the fiery balls will show up, all this nonsense will stop, for now you have your choice to make.
Stop bringing up childish analysis... if ur God wants a relationship with me he will get it... but not when he sends incompetent humans to talk to me about him... was that how ur father got ur mother? Did ur father send a primary five student to talk to ur mother before she accepted to marry him?

Romans 1:21-22 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.
Whats this

God is all around you, but pride and arrogance won't let you, He must appear to you the way you want or else He doesn't exist, fairwel.
When he was creating me as not a robot he should know what to expect from me...he should know there are certain things i cannot accept, isnt that why i am not a robot? The reason why i am not a muslim or gullible suicide bomber is the same reason why i will not allow u, a common incompetent human like me talk me ibto believing an idea in your head is God the creator.

If you like wait and waste your time, when He comes or you die and see Him, tell Him you didn't see any sign of Him and so you didn't believe in His existence, let's see how guiltless you will be. For what you have so far failed to see, others like you have diligently found it. So, you have no excuse. You've heard about Him and His love and saving grace, but you have made the choice to deny and reject Him, please who is at loss here?. See to it. If you like curse and abuse, that won't alter nor hurt the truth in any way.
Are u in primary 5? Why the unnecesary rant? U are yet to establish if ur God exist or not instead ubare talking like u have convinced me he exists. Smh

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Oh even a fool knows? A wise man like u does not know. If u say there ia God prove him. Simpla.

Jesus is the way. Repent and be saved before it's too late. Jesus Loves you still.
Story for the Gods.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by GoodMuyis(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2018
Freebiez:

Should we also be grateful to the West for bringing slavery?

Which slavery? every race is guilty of slavery, or haven't you read in the history, how your great-grand-parent sold their children for Whiteman gun-powder and fiream, evein for mirror?

You should be thankful for abolish of Human sacrifice, by Christianity
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by superhumanist(m): 10:49am On May 30, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Which slavery? every race is guilty of slavery, or haven't you read in the history, how your great-grand-parent sold their children for Whiteman gun-powder and fiream, evein for mirror?

You should be thankful for abolish of Human sacrifice, by Christianity

It is clear that you haven't read about the history of Christianity.

Witch burnings
Genocidal inquisitions
Slavery
Torture
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by GoodMuyis(m): 12:25pm On May 30, 2018
superhumanist:

It is clear that you haven't read about the history of Christianity.

Witch burnings
Genocidal inquisitions
Slavery
Torture

And the witches are responsible for Human sacrifice
Why should they be allowed to continue Human sacrifice?
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by superhumanist(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2018
GoodMuyis:

And the witches are responsible for Human sacrifice
Why should they be allowed to continue Human sacrifice?

See why we say many christians are ignorant?

Go and read about the salem witch trials. Many of the so called witches were innocent
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2018
frank317:

loool.... well, the word good is self descriptive, however u are very free to define it how it fits you. but even my 2 years old niece know what good means.

As an atheist you should not claim that good is self-evident, as that destroys your position completely.

You have even claimed morality is so self-evident it is obvious to your two year old neice. I admire your honesty, and I hope you will take it to it's logical conclusions. An objective morality implies an objective Law-giver: God
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by HappyPagan: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
Joshthefirst:
As an atheist you should not claim that good is self-evident, as that destroys your position completely.

You have even claimed morality is so self-evident it is obvious to your two year old neice. I admire your honesty, and I hope you will take it to it's logical conclusions. An objective morality implies an objective Law-giver: God
angry

1 Like

Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by rekinomtla(m): 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Not good reasons to be an atheist. Just poor reasons not to be a Christian or muslim. undecided
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
HappyPagan:

angry
Lol. Please go and help Frank understand how to maintain his atheist position.

How far nau? Long time oh.

How far with 2019 elections? Who do you support? Do you think this country has hope?
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by HappyPagan: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
Joshthefirst:

How far nau? Long time oh.
Good, man. Good. How does one catch you offline? undecided

Joshthefirst:

How far with 2019 elections? Who do you support? Do you think this country has hope?
Imagine Nairaland without English? Imagine we all spoke our tongues.... would we be able to communicate.
Nigeria is a congregation of many strangers. Until we sort our selves out, our minds, our hearts, our politics will continue to throw up dead contenders, men of old ideas.

It's unfortunate. I fear we are walking into a dark future. Kids born in the last 10 years have grown up on Boko Haram, hatred, envy, lust, and all sorts of vices. Most aren't aware what a sane society feels or looks like. The generators haven't helped matters, neither does the helplessness, and sadness which pervades the land.

But we are good at spraying fragrances on shit - we call it beliefs. We use God as an excuse to not hold our leaders accountable. The 2019 elections isn't about the contenders - it's about the people, and what kind of society they want to live in. 2020 is fast approaching, and we are already living in the post-information age. There are so many retards in our society, and they are in high positions, spreading their ignorant poison on radios, tv, whatsapp.

does the nation have hope? yes, if some disease wipes all Nigerians 5 years and above... lol.. just kidding..

There's hope. I lived in some village in India for about six years. Saw growth despite grave odds, sad poverty - yet huge potential. The key to unlock a great future is proper education - not new schools, shiny buildings with 'ultra-modern' edifices... but proper education... from the family, from our beliefs, that form our values, what we hold to be true, fair and just.

We have no society as a conscience - we have to rebuild one.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
HappyPagan:

Imagine Nairaland without English? Imagine we all spoke our tongues.... would we be able to communicate.
Nigeria is a congregation of many strangers. Until we sort our selves out, our minds, our hearts, our politics will continue to throw up dead contenders, men of old ideas.

It's unfortunate. I fear we are walking into a dark future. Kids born in the last 10 years have grown up on Boko Haram, hatred, envy, lust, and all sorts of vices. Most aren't aware what a sane society feels or looks like. The generators haven't helped matters, neither does the helplessness, and sadness which pervades the land.

But we are good at spraying fragrances on shit - we call it beliefs. We use God as an excuse to not hold our leaders accountable. The 2019 elections isn't about the contenders - it's about the people, and what kind of society they want to live in. 2020 is fast approaching, and we are already living in the post-information age. There are so many retards in our society, and they are in high positions, spreading their ignorant poison on radios, tv, whatsapp.

does the nation have hope? yes, if some disease wipes all Nigerians 5 years and above... lol.. just kidding..

There's hope. I lived in some village in India for about six years. Saw growth despite grave odds, sad poverty - yet huge potential. The key to unlock a great future is proper education - not new schools, shiny buildings with 'ultra-modern' edifices... but proper education... from the family, from our beliefs, that form our values, what we hold to be true, fair and just.

I'll message you then contact you my genuine email from there.

I completely agree with the bolded and completely understand it. Let's talk about it more.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Logicbwoy: 1:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
HappyPagan:

That is some deep stuff
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
Born2Freak:

Yes, they must worship at the church's headquarters! Don't you know it is a blessing to see daddy G.O rather than listening to a junior pastor?

You are mentally brain washed. You need help
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Logicbwoy: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
Deathisfreee:

You are mentally brain washed. You need help

Did you understand the comment you quoted?
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by HappyPagan: 11:31am On Jun 19, 2019
Logicbwoy:

That is some deep stuff
I get plenty sense na...
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by JeromeBlack: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2019
HappyPagan:

I get plenty sense na...

Na so.
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by JeromeBlack: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2019
HappyPagan:

I get plenty sense na...
Re: Good Reasons To Be An Atheist Now. by Tboyfrosh123(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
Born2Freak:

All atheists accept atheism but not all atheists reject religion. Atheism is about god not religion.

Is logic difficult for you?
pls explain better because I don't seem to get this stupid peoples and including you calling your self atheist

God is your creator repent now before it too late you workers of darkness calling your selves atheist

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer / Pope Benedict Pardons Ex-butler / Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Announces Cross Over Service To 2022 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.