Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

.. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / .. (4213 Views)

Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew / How Do I Know If My Girlfriend Will Get Fat When I Marry Her? / Should I Marry This Single Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Ifakiland(m): 11:37am On May 03, 2018
You had it going with a guy, he lost his job and now he's suddenly an option...you met anoda guy who's rich and u and his dad now talk abt marriage and dreams....smh....with what Nina did u girls don't even deserve a loyal man...una deserve man wey go give una wahala and disease ontop.

2 Likes

Re: .. by mrphysics(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2018
Ifakiland:

This is not a case of having guys call a girl...she knows the guys dad and they so close she told him her dream!! That's cheating bro nothing more...

Lol, it isn't cheating bro. Some parents wants to get a woman for their son. And you know how married men pester these young ladies. You are not in her shoes, so you may not know where it pains.

If she's cheating, then her life and her cheat. grin grin grin

Ifakiland, you sound like one that has community of women like Kind solomon cheesy cheesy
Re: .. by pocohantas(f): 12:03pm On May 03, 2018
makydebbie:

Then she joins the evening newspaper association. embarassed

Lmao, you'll not see them here. Check out any ladies are hoes and bitches thread.
Life is so unfair. embarassed

LOL. It's well o.
Of all the memes, you settled for that one grin

On a serious note, this lady's case applies to so many ladies. It takes a young man quite sometime to stand on his feet. If such lovers wanna marry, it takes years.
Re: .. by kunleweb: 12:39pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:
Hello house, pls kindly assist.
I am a working class lady, I'm 25 years old but I'm confused about an issue. There are two guys proposing to me, one is financially ok and he has a good job, even his dad has been the one playing front for him before he gained the courage to propose to me, his dad has also been acting so nice, telling me to go get visa that we may travel out, that his son is also about to finish his house, we can move in after wedding.

The father even told his son to call my mum and now my mum is having interest in him but i don't love this guy no matter how much I try to, though he's financially ok. At a time I prayed over it but the revelation I saw was against the guy, I told his dad about the revelation because his dad will not stop pestring me but his dad said I should not be bothered about the dreams as a believer.

However, I love the other guy, he loves me more, always ready to do anything to see me happy, he's so nice, caring and love God but he has no JOB, not even an apartment of his own, though he's a graduate seeking for job, i have interest in him but my mum wants me to settle down so soon with the guy that is ready that I will later love him in the marriage.
What can i do pls. should wait for the guy I love or follow my mum’s advice.

God's counsel is our basic instincts. You know what to do but you are trying to push yourself to do the wrong thing. There's nothing love can not conquer, i'm on my knees pleading with you IJN, don't take this petty as your lifetime happiness is connected in all of this, never you marry someone whom you both do not love each other unequally, love can conquer a lot of circumstances, i'm kneeling down to beg you Nne, please marry that guy that is broke, if he's broke and has aspirations and dreams you consider realistic, please go for him, if he's broke, but if he doesn't have goals you feel will become big in the days ahead, please consider the rich guy, if he loves you, then you're a bit safe, since he's the one that loves more, but you must train your heart to love him even before marriage please. Speak to an anointed minister of God, don't take marriage jokingly, many women through marriage have died untimely please o Nne.
Re: .. by ImaIma1(f): 12:45pm On May 03, 2018
Please do not let anyone put you under pressure to marry.

Who says you have to pick one of the two options?

There can be option C also.

You need love to marry and you also need money.

You don't love option A and marriage is probably the last thing on option B's mind because he doesn't even have a job yet.

And if you really loved option B the way you claim,you wouldn't have an option A.
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:
I am a working class lady, I'm 25 years old but I'm confused about an issue. There are two guys proposing to me, one is financially ok and he has a good job, even his dad has been the one playing front for him before he gained the courage to propose to me, his dad has also been acting so nice, telling me to go get visa that we may travel out, that his son is also about to finish his house, we can move in after wedding.

The father even told his son to call my mum and now my mum is having interest in him but i don't love this guy no matter how much I try to, though he's financially ok. At a time I prayed over it but the revelation I saw was against the guy, I told his dad about the revelation because his dad will not stop pestring me but his dad said I should not be bothered about the dreams as a believer.

However, I love the other guy, he loves me more, always ready to do anything to see me happy, he's so nice, caring and love God but he has no JOB, not even an apartment of his own, though he's a graduate seeking for job, i have interest in him but my mum wants me to settle down so soon with the guy that is ready that I will later love him in the marriage.
change they say is the only constant thing in life. The other one you love might change in the future after getting a good job and whatever and the other one you don't love now, you'd probaby fall so helplessly for later in the future. But you are a believer, you've prayed and your dream was against the other one but was it in the favour of the other one you love? If not then i'd suggest you continue with your prayers as a believer and let God make the decision for you, He can never be wrong buh if you gon make the decision yourself then please make sure to use your head and use your brain. Regret is sickening.
Re: .. by kunleweb: 12:46pm On May 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

You don't love option A and marriage is probably the last thing on option B's mind because he doesn't even have a job yet.

And if you really loved option B the way you claim,you wouldn't have an option A.

You have said what truly matters my sister, whoever says she must marry between both
Re: .. by Juliuss01: 1:25pm On May 03, 2018
Ifakiland:
You had it going with a guy, he lost his job and now he's suddenly an option...you met anoda guy who's rich and u and his dad now talk abt marriage and dreams....smh....with what Nina did u girls don't even deserve a loyal man...una deserve man wey go give una wahala and disease ontop.
not sharing dreams, i told his dad that I'm not interested in the marriage but he told his son to keep talking to my mum and my mum now likes him even though they haven't met.
Re: .. by Espada10: 1:40pm On May 03, 2018
IamD18:
Lol, many fellows are not being honest with their comments here cheesy cheesy cheesy, I had to laugh reading your writeups and some comments herein.
Love matters in a marriage and money matters also.

But let me tell you a secret about the guy you love; No atom of loyalty and love can be compared with that of a broke boyfriend, they are so loyal and loving possibly because they are broke , if you know, you know grin

Now let me tell you another secret about the rich boyfriend ; It's important for a man or woman to marry a partner who loves him/her more than he/she does , it's safer, if you know, you still know grin

Now, let me tell you the secret about yourself ; The pure and true definition of LOVE from an African woman is a man who's committed and a good provider , if you know, you know grin

Now, let me tell you a secret about men as a man Our true and real love and loyalty should be judged when we are rich, not when we are broke

My advise if this I cannot come by myself to be the cause of your misfortune because of myself by myself cheesy cheesy cheesy

Note: I did not advise you to marry who you'v got no feelings for.
I did not advise you to leave the man you love.
I did not advise you to miss the opportunity of a committed man.

I only revealed some secret facts for you to decide from.

Use your head.

To whom big ass is given, brain is expected

Re: .. by Allisonrichy(m): 1:42pm On May 03, 2018
IamD18:
Lol, many fellows are not being honest with their comments here cheesy cheesy cheesy, I had to laugh reading your writeups and some comments herein.

But let me tell you a secret about the guy you love; No atom of loyalty and love can be compared with that of a broke boyfriend, they are so loyal and loving possibly because they are broke , if you know, you know grin

Now let me tell you another secret about the rich boyfriend ; It's important for a man or woman to marry a partner who loves him/her more than he/she does , it's safer, if you know, you still know grin

Now, let me tell you the secret about yourself ; The pure and true definition of LOVE from an African woman is a man who's committed and a good provider , if you know, you know grin

Now, let me tell you a secret about men as a man Our true and real love and loyalty should be judged when we are rich, not when we are broke

My advise if this I cannot come by myself to be the cause of your misfortune because of myself by myself cheesy cheesy cheesy

Use your head.

U nailed it bro
Re: .. by Espada10: 1:45pm On May 03, 2018
pocohantas:

If nothing happen nko? embarassed embarassed

Where are the evening newspaper identifiers?
I will love to see their comment here grin. They don't know na where some of us dey wait our guy to blow, na im we turn evening newspaper... cry cry cry

Lol

They don know.

Make she continue dey ask questions

Until Dey use am wrap suya or oka na ube .. her eyes go clear grin
Re: .. by Ifakiland(m): 1:56pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:
not sharing dreams, i told his dad that I'm not interested in the marriage but he told his son to keep talking to my mum and my mum now likes him even though they haven't met.
He got yours mom number tru a dream abi? Na pikin we bi Na....u don't worth any of the guys tho....u dot even know what u want talk less of making a decision...typical Nigerian girl...get going.

1 Like

Re: .. by Espada10: 1:58pm On May 03, 2018
ImaIma1:

I love the bolded comment
Re: .. by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 03, 2018
later love wetin,dont mind ur mum's advice,wait till d guy u love is financially stable,u are just 25 years no need to hurry
Re: .. by makydebbie(f): 2:52pm On May 03, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL. It's well o.
Of all the memes, you settled for that one grin

On a serious note, this lady's case applies to so many ladies. It takes a young man quite sometime to stand on his feet. If such lovers wanna marry, it takes years.
Seriously. I've not gotten to that point in my life but I know it's not easy.

What she should be bothered about if she wants to go for option B is, if it'll be worth the wait. But mehn, I can't tell her to go for option A, imagine marrying someone you don't love, the sex will be lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: .. by UDUJ(m): 4:07pm On May 03, 2018
IamD18:

Use your head.

grin This guy cheesy

Always making sense by being witty cheesy

Re: .. by fykes(m): 4:30pm On May 03, 2018
If u really need an advice here this sister...Money isn't everything... Marry a man u love and will respect and get same from him.
Now am not saying u can't get that from a rich man...but know that nothing is guaranteed in life, especially money..ask ur self.." IF THAT GUY AND HIS FATHER HAS NO MONEY OR LOSES HIS MONEY TOMORROW, WILL I STILL LOVE AND RESPECT HIM??
THEREIN LIES UR ADVICE.
Re: .. by sexy74(m): 5:20pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:

No take your husband do boyfriend.
Sincerely from your write up the rich guy has no problem you just think you don't like him.
If he will always be there for you marry him.
The other guy to you he like you ABI? In my own opinion you are more of a value to him than he is to you. What happens if he becomes rich suddenly do you think he will still be the mister nice guy? Have you ever thought he might be liking you because of your importance or value to him because you are ok financially.
If i may ask do you cater for him financially?

1 Like

Re: .. by Juliuss01: 6:19pm On May 03, 2018
sexy74:

No take your husband do boyfriend.
Sincerely from your write up the rich guy has no problem you just think you don't like him.
If he will always be there for you marry him.
The other guy to you he like you ABI? In my own opinion you are more of a value to him than he is to you. What happens if he becomes rich suddenly do you think he will still be the mister nice guy? Have you ever thought he might be liking you because of your importance or value to him because you are ok financially.
If i may ask do you cater for him financially?
Re: .. by kunleweb: 6:29pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:
he's not the type that is after my money, he spends and cared for me when he was still working at least I'm certain of that. I don't want to say this but then, i lived in an area where water was an issue to get, he bought kegs, and always arrange water to my house, even sometimes when I go to night shift, he will cook and bring food for me in the morning before he goes to work, he just have his way of knowing what I want at any point in time and he will get it @least to his capacity and he will never demand from me. I'm always happy to be with him. The issue is my mum and the guy that is ready, just want to know if i could go on my life and settle down with the guy that is ready even though i don't love him, not only that, he looks older than his age.

By spilling all these here, you just reduced your future to mere permutations, if you need a more educated guess, why not try professionals or counselors ?
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 03, 2018
Safiaa:
Listen to your mum. Please! Listen to her. I know right now it may seem like your head over heels in love with this guy, but love is not enough. Think long term and not short term. If you really want to marry this guy you love, then you need to see that he’s capable of being a provider and father. Don’t rely on hope it leads to disappointment. Watch his actions and think about it properly. This love will faze out when you can’t pay the bills, take care of your children or provide the lifestyle needed for them. Good luck.

You never disappoints cheesy

Op.. since you're financially stable I'll advice you to go for your class..

Let the made marry the made.

If you were poor no sensible rich guy would've loved to marry you but rather chop and clean mouth.

Marry a rich man not because of your mother's pressures but because of class.
She's only pressuring you because you allowed yourself to be pressured by her.

If you're rich, go for the rich.

Poor expect the poor .
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:
he's not the type that is after my money, he spends and cared for me when he was still working at least I'm certain of that. I don't want to say this but then, i lived in an area where water was an issue to get, he bought kegs, and always arrange water to my house, even sometimes when I go to night shift, he will cook and bring food for me in the morning before he goes to work, he just have his way of knowing what I want at any point in time and he will get it @least to his capacity and he will never demand from me. I'm always happy to be with him. The issue is my mum and the guy that is ready, just want to know if i could go on my life and settle down with the guy that is ready even though i don't love him, not only that, he looks older than his age.

stop talking about the pressures thing..

She's pressuring you because you're allowing her to pressure you.
by the time you shout at her that a woman's life isn't all about marriage she's going to stop pressuring you .

Trust me
Re: .. by kunleweb: 6:43pm On May 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

stop talking about the pressures thing..

She's pressuring you because you're allowing her to pressure you.
by the time you shout for her that a woman's life isn't all about marriage she's going to stop pressuring you .

Trust me

Don't let her bait you nor anyone, she's off age, she's only looking for whom to blame incase something happens down the line with whichever she chooses, she's off age, let her choose herself and deal with whatever's ahead. That she has a spare means she doesn't have genuine love for both guys, genuine love doesn't create room for replacements.
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 03, 2018
kunleweb:

Don't let her bait you nor anyone, she's off age, she's only looking for whom to blame incase something happens down the line with whichever she chooses, she's off age, let her choose herself and deal with whatever's ahead. That she has a spare means she doesn't have genuine love for both guys, genuine love doesn't create room for replacements.

I wonder how someone will be pressuring a grown ass lady..
Re: .. by kunleweb: 6:49pm On May 03, 2018
Hanseel1:

I wonder how someone will be pressuring a grown ass lady..

If she has stayed with one of both guys, then she has a standard she could measure him against. If this party is cool, why search for a replacement? Was she out of a relationship before she hunted for a spare? It's whorish, that's a whoring spirit, a real lady chooses and sticks with her choice, whether, it's for good or worse. This one is confused and doesn't have standards she's consdiering for a lifetime.

Only she can pull herself out of the pit of confusion she threw herself into.

1 Like

Re: .. by Ridbaay: 7:44pm On May 03, 2018
Went on a date with bae for 4th time. Both t.fare & budgeted fund was exhausted due to increase in service fee.

Going bk home I requested the little money be used as t.fare back home 4 us bt collected her acct number.

Is it necessary or nt to transfer d money back to her ?

Note- still wooing her
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 03, 2018
So the other guys dad, himself & her mom are all trying to win her over while she's in love with the nigga thats out of a job... Na wah o
Re: .. by ranmoor: 8:29pm On May 03, 2018
pocohantas:

If nothing happen nko? embarassed embarassed

Where are the evening newspaper identifiers?
I will love to see their comment here grin. They don't know na where some of us dey wait our guy to blow, na im we turn evening newspaper... cry cry cry
Why not wait "in the marriage"? Why wait outside? Isn't that one-leg in, one leg out?
Re: .. by ranmoor: 8:31pm On May 03, 2018
Ridbaay:
Went on a date with bae for 4th time. Both t.fare & budgeted fund was exhausted due to increase in service fee.

Going bk home I requested the little money be used as t.fare back home 4 us bt collected her acct number.

Note- still wooing her
Is it a gift? When u borrow for whatever purpose, pay your debt!
Re: .. by ranmoor: 8:35pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:

If u can take care of a baby, get belle for ur guy... Case close!
Re: .. by sexy74(m): 8:36pm On May 03, 2018
Juliuss01:
This is more insightful by you.
since you don't love the other guy and you believe you can grow with this one, sincerely from my heart i will say you both build your dreams together .
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 03, 2018
Ridbaay:

Note- still wooing her

there's nothing wrong in paying for tfare with her money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Gave Me Three Month Or I Should Nt Blame Her, Please Help A Brother. / Which Of These Three Will Make You Marry A Lady Quickly / American Facebook Post And A Nigerian Facebook Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.