Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (46278 Views)

Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / After 14 Days Of Marriage, Nigerian Man Shares His Experience / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by ImaIma1(f): 6:55am On May 07, 2018
She must be talking about those daughters that were pampered by their parents rather than being brought up to be useful in the house. They think they are doing them good by allowing the maid do everything while their daughters cannot do any chore.

Thank God for mothers like mine. If you like see many helpers or maids around, we still did our own portion of work.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by CONFAMA: 7:12am On May 07, 2018
OldBeer:
This thread will get to front page and reach 72 pages.
This is the only type of topic the blacks are well versed in.
Pounding yam.
Washing plate.
Cooking food.
In an age where people nay women are conquering space, the blacks only see their worth in domestic affairs.
Custodians of traditions that have made them the laughingstock of the entire human race.
Tueh!

Thank God my countdown to leaving the shithole is almost nigh.
Father, I thank you once again.

Ode...most white ladies do all that too. You no dey watch am for movie?

In a typical European household, the lady of the house still does most of the domestic duties and child upbringing.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by CONFAMA: 7:19am On May 07, 2018
femu:

Asians have even more stronger traditions than us and they are more developed.

Don't mind the fool who is pretending to sound intelligent. Even white women still do all the major domestic work till date.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:42am On May 07, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husband's houses..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfied lipsrsealed
That inclusive! House maid suitors are seen by most girls as those that have no future ambition
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by KingMicky3286: 7:55am On May 07, 2018
bukatyne:

Your ex aside:

You don't like maids; do you believe in doing chores or you except her to do it all alone?

If you expect her to do it alone, is she going to work?

God has blessed me , i still do everything cooking and doing things that i used to do when i was on zero achievement.
I dont believe in shakara and it wont bring money to my table.
I live in abroad and no dulls on my side.
I painted my duplex when our village boys i wanted to help started messing up thinking that they will digg bogus money out of my pocket.. for the same work i can do.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by ABLE001(m): 7:57am On May 07, 2018
Make your daughter the maids.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 8:26am On May 07, 2018
Saintmary:

The perfect woman is the one who can conquer space and still dominate in the home front.
I really like u for just that sentence

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by RillJ(m): 9:13am On May 07, 2018
biacan:
It's true ooooo but most girls don't want to lower their ego and learn how to cook because they think it's making them look like a maid in their husband's houses..........Ehmmm future hubby no need to go for a maid I can pound fufu well........ Just hope it's enough embarassed men are never satisfied lipsrsealed

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Saintmary(f): 10:19am On May 07, 2018
dairykidd:
I really like u for just that sentence
You might not like everything I type o.

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 11:25am On May 07, 2018
Saintmary:

You might not like everything I type o.
Well i like 99.9% of the first page grin

How come u don't follow no one... I actually wanted to then i saw a man wielding a very large scary looking axe like he was warning me off. Can u tell him to chill just this one time? wink
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Saintmary(f): 3:52am On May 08, 2018
dairykidd:

Well i like 99.9% of the first page grin

How come u don't follow no one... I actually wanted to then i saw a man wielding a very large scary looking axe like he was warning me off. Can u tell him to chill just this one time? wink
What do you mean by that. Who is warning you off?
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by GiantParrot(m): 8:51am On May 08, 2018
laudate:

Guy, I grew up in Lagos, listening to gist being shared by celebrity uncles and aunts in those days. wink I was the unofficial bag carrier for my elders, and the fetcher of stuff for my aunts, who never missed a good party. cheesy There was plenty of gist in Lagos social circles, about who was dating whom, and whose marriage was on the rocks.

The society pages of most newspapers and magazines in those days, also contained salacious details of the marital break up of top business men and women, as well as the reasons for such break ups. sad Those gossip columns were the predecessors of the Encomium magazines and City People, of today. At most of those parties, you would see big successful business men and top technocrats attending parties with different women who were not their 'first' wives, but the 'second.'

One look at the 'first' wife, and you would know what went wrong. A lot of the time, the first wives were frumpy madams with limited education, poor dress sense and minimal social skills, while the second wives were psychedelic, trendy 'soyoyos' with panache, education and class.

Do a review of divorce cases that took place in the late 80s-90s and early 2000. sad Most of the reasons for the dissolution of such marriages, are factors that most psychologists are familiar with. Infidelity is often cited, on the part of the man, but the truth is that distance had been created between the couples long before infidelity set in. undecided Infertility is also another, which has nothing to do with the educational/professional mismatch between couples.

I don't have info or statistics on percentages or ratios, but the gist is real. wink Ask most vicars or pastors in our local churches, who provide counselling to old and new couples, and they would corroborate this scenario I described in my previous post. undecided

Affairs are a sign that something is lacking in a marriage, or something has gone wrong between a couple. sad The mismatch between a couple's educational & professional profile, could create tension between a husband and wife, if it is not properly managed.

If some spouses (due to their limited exposure and education) are unable to understand the job demands of their better half, or they become suspicious for no other reason than the fact that their husband/wives spends too much time away from home, or even spend too much time with the opposite sex, then it could be a recipe for misunderstanding. undecided Such suspicion could be borne out of a sense of insecurity or an inferiority complex, if the poorly educated wife often compares herself with her husband's trendy educated female colleagues and associates.

Some of those insecure, needy wives then make life uncomfortable for their husbands due to their suspicions.

Such men might then gravitate towards women in their field or within the workplace, who they feel understand them better and can contribute intelligently to their career decisions, or choices. sad Before you know it, a rapport is established and it doesn't take much for an affair to start.

PS: Please note, I have not said all couples who are educationally and professionally mismatched, would end up in a divorce. Some of such marriages, do work and thrive. But the mismatch has been cited in a number of cases, as one of the reasons why couples grow apart in later years. undecided

Ok. Based on your personal observations then. Quite opposite to conclusions arrived at by some other people based on their own personal observations. I believe this is called anecdotal evidence. Which is fine as a tool for admonishing people. One must be careful to not present anecdotal evidence as gospel truth though. Because different people at different places and times could observe different things for the same subject. Remember the story about the blind men who touched different parts of an elephant and confidently described the elephant based on the body part they were in contact with. That said, your call to caution is noted.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 08, 2018
Saintmary:

What do you mean by that. Who is warning you off?
Figuratively cheesy
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by robosky02(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2020
KingMicky3286:
A Nigerian woman lamented on facebook that has since gone viral on the internet that house maids are getting ssuitors and their daughters are been rejected.

She further stated that after training Maids on how to clean, good cooks and do good things. men will leave their daughters and marry the maids.

What do you think of our girls manners these days?

https://questionnigeria.com/question/nigerian-woman-laments-over-house-maids-getting-good-husbands/

Don't allow your maid do everything

Teach your daughters how to work

1 Like

Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by mutter(f): 1:04am On Aug 17, 2020
These days it is more important than ever for a children to learn how to do everything at home.
The era of househelp is comming to an end.
Re: "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents by znuga: 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Asians are better!

DeRay98:

You need to be familiar with Arabs, Koreans, Japanese, Indians then you'll know those cultures withstood the European brainwash and cultural dilution that Africans and particularly Nigerians fell for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test / Man Weds His Beautiful Japanese Bride ( See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.