Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

"Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says (21682 Views)

Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / My Wife Turns Down Sex Because Of Lockdown - Man Says (Video) / Press Release: I Was Never Married To This Lady - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2018
biacan:
Look after the house encourage you emotionally and spiritually...... give you advise on how to invest the next money
a very selfish comment

1 Like

Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by kay29000(m): 12:24am On May 07, 2018
MissRaine69:
Unfortunately that is a quintessential trait of the majority of Nigerian women. Everything is selective or done for personal gain it’s never about principles.

Thank God we still have unbiased and realistic ladies like you on here.
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by ImaIma1(f): 6:38am On May 07, 2018
What exactly is this equality?

Equality to be able to do what exactly?
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by pweetyphola(f): 7:56am On May 07, 2018
DonXavi:
If a woman takes care of a man the way men do to women, the whole world will hear about it.

Imagine if 50% of men in the world would want to get their haircut, buy perfume, deodorant, pay house rent, school fee, airtime e.t.c and they depend on their women for the provision. The noise from women worldwide would've been so deafening more than what we see today. But men do all these without complain.

This equality issue can never work.

Truth is, we women deceive ourselves sometimes. We want a man that would act like a man "protect and provide" but would fight out the logistics of him trying to do what he is supposed to do. What we fail to realize is the enormous power in femininity; note i said "femininity" not to be mistaken for feminists. Be a woman in every way your man will lay the world at your feet. i don't subscribe to this new 21st values at all. Give me an old fashioned man, and i'm contented. Like my man will say when i'm trying to prove i'm independent " I am an old fashioned guy. I pay. when i'm with a female, I pay. whether she's my sister, my mother or girlfriend, I pay. No dutch treat. No her picking the tab. If i don't have enough to pay with, we both stay in" The point is make him feel manly always and you get what you want. both parties are happy, shikena!

4 Likes

Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by DonXavi(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2018
pweetyphola:

Truth is, we women deceive ourselves sometimes. We want a man that would act like a man "protect and provide" but would fight out the logistics of him trying to do what he is supposed to do. What we fail to realize is the enormous power in femininity; note i said "femininity" not to be mistaken for feminists. Be a woman in every way your man will lay the world at your feet. i don't subscribe to this new 21st values at all. Give me an old fashioned man, and i'm contented. Like my man will say when i'm trying to prove i'm independent " I am an old fashioned guy. I pay. when i'm with a female, I pay. whether she's my sister, my mother or girlfriend, I pay. No dutch treat. No her picking the tab. If i don't have enough to pay with, we both stay in" The point is make him feel manly always and you get what you want. both parties are happy, shikena!
You wrote like a knowledgeable woman. Give your man his place in the home as the King and by default you have your place as the Queen. If there be two captains in control of a ship, certainly there's bound to clash/crash
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by shegxi(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2018
pweetyphola:

Nobody really wants EQUALITY, what majority wants is EQUITY. People confuse both words a lot.

1 Like

Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by olujastro: 6:35pm On May 07, 2018
pocohantas:

No mind them. There are lazy men and women out there.
Anyone that's unfortunate to attract such people should carry his or her cross and stop disturbing us upandan.

They go in search of such ladies because it's an ego boost to them. It's the only way they know how to earn their respect. A thread was created asking how they can impress a non-materialistic woman: how many of them could answer that? ? undecided

As for these 'feminist' they are talking about, they must be some confused set, not the actual ones.
The disturbance might not stop anytime soon as nothing has changed since.
All my life I've only looked out for and dated only financially independent minded ladies, not because I don't like to pay the bills (I actually love it) but because I don't understand why educated Nigerian women will waste their degrees and be relying on men to take over their financial burdens. Was the money spent on their education a waste?
Honestly, it's not so easy to find such ladies in Nigeria. You just might be 1 out of 10,000. That's how bad it is.
And when I managed to find such beautiful and independent ladies, I realised most of them are usually somewhat stubborn, display some level of disrespect, they do just what they feel like doing whenever they feel like without minding how it affects the guy.
Now we have to worry about having submissive wives simply because they make their own money.

I don't know any specific ways to impress a lady other than being yourself and be liked for the kind of person you are. At least I don't remember trying to impress any lady before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by princfred(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2018
olujastro:

The disturbance might not stop anytime soon as nothing has changed since.
All my life I've only looked out for and dated only financially independent minded ladies, not because I don't like to pay the bills (I actually love it) but because I don't understand why educated Nigerian women will waste their degrees and be relying on men to take over their financial burdens. Was the money spent on their education a waste?
Honestly, it's not so easy to find such ladies in Nigeria. You just might be 1 out of 10,000. That's how bad it is.
And when I managed to find such beautiful and independent ladies, I realised most of them are usually somewhat stubborn, display some level of disrespect, they do just what they feel like doing whenever they feel like without minding how it affects the guy.
Now we have to worry about having submissive wives simply because they make their own money.

I don't know any specific ways to impress a lady other than being yourself and be liked for the kind of person you are. At least I don't remember trying to impress any lady before.
Thats why i don't believe the love of any Nigerian girl unless she has more money than me.
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by GoodFaith: 9:19pm On May 07, 2018
pweetyphola:

Smart lady
Things has change over the year
Women are getting better education like men
Women are making more money than some men
We are not in the 1960 but 2018
You can't have it the 1960 way
Looking at the price of car, house and private school for the kids today 2018
Get real people
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by GoodFaith: 9:23pm On May 07, 2018
aribisala0:
So should a father waste his money sending daughters to school since there won't be financial returns.
Better to spend his money educating his sons
1950 Nigerian mentality
Not today Nigeria why
women are doing better job taking care of their parents at old year
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by GoodFaith: 9:26pm On May 07, 2018
bukatyne:
I always struggle to see most NLs POV in matters like these.

Everyone knows men and women are different. Everyone also knows that there are traditional marriage roles even though some couples seem to deviate from it.

Despite the divergence, most couples would still run a varying degree of the traditional model hence talk of percentages of dividing duties.

For the life of me, I have never seen a male NLer discuss who does the chores/keep the home when they expect a wife to 'equally' contribute financially.[b][/b]

I also don't understand the superiority of the husband because he traditionally should earn/contribute more. Are we saying that a wife is automatically superior if she contributes financially more than her husband and is excused from the traditional feminine roles?

Or would we say that dropping money is 'superior' to taking care of the home/kids?

Please note that I am not undermining the importance of money.

It is all good.
Please get on the lawn mower and pick up the snow blower
Cut the trees in the yard too
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by bukatyne(f): 10:25pm On May 07, 2018
GoodFaith:

Please get on the lawn mower and pick up the snow blower
Cut the trees in the yard too

Lawn mower and snow blower in Nigeria?

Go and sleep.
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by rainylad(f): 11:13pm On May 07, 2018
Nigerian men want 'unequality' with women citing stuppid culture and tradition that favours their lazy asses until it comes to finances..

Then you will see then spewing 50-50 and how Whitewomen 'pay for everthing and dates...forgeting that the Whitewomen's culture is very pro-feminist

Bunch of confused,lazy and directionless people.
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2018
rainylad:

Nigerian men want 'unequality' with women citing stuppid culture and tradition that favours their lazy asses until it comes to finances..

Then you will see then spewing 50-50 and how Whitewomen 'pay for everthing and dates...forgeting that the Whitewomen's culture is very pro-feminist

Bunch of confused,lazy and directionless people.
...stupid...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by Temple1288(m): 6:58am On May 08, 2018
biacan:
Don't generalise yet your girlfriend might be richer than you..... many Married women are more wealthy than their husband's but they would never let him know...... I have a friend where I work she's the cleaner there with grown kids everywhere some are working...... This woman makes a yearly profit of 500 - 1m with her investment same way she's investing for her kids with their money and her husband till date don't have an idea of what's happening...... she told me never to trust my husband with my money when married or have a family joint account that I'll regret it...... That I should just help in my family in every little way I can but never to allow my hubby/boyfriend have an idea about my financial status and I'm sticking to that advise cheesy

Jeez!! But a man should trust the wife with a joint account and with his financial status?

U don teach me this one!!!
Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by pattybf(f): 9:40am On May 08, 2018
Cutehector:
so what's a woman's responsibility?

A heart touching answer by a woman...
Someone asked her, are you a working woman or a housewife?

She replied: Yes I am a full time working house-wife.

I work 24 hours a day...
I'm a "mum",
I'm a wife,
I'm a lover
I'm a daughter,
I'm a daughter-in-law.....
I'm an Alarm clock,
I'm a Cook,
I'm a Maid,
I'm a Teacher,
I'm a waiter,
I'm a nanny,
I'm a financial adviser
I'm a nurse,
I'm a mediator,
I'm a handyman,
I'm a Security officer,
I'm a Counsellor,
I'm a comforter,
I'm an ATM
I don't get holidays,
I don't get sick leave,
I don't get day off......
I don't get medals,
I don't get Thank U,
I work through day and night...
I'm on call all hours and get paid with accusations and a sentence..."what did you do all day"

Woman has the most unique character like salt.
Her presence is never remembered but Her absence makes all the things tasteless !

1 Like

Re: "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says by GoodFaith: 12:37pm On May 09, 2018
bukatyne:

Lawn mower and snow blower in Nigeria?

Go and sleep.

Narrow minded ?
Long time ago " market was defined as place buyers and sellers meet to exchange goods and services"
Today market is defined as a transaction between two or more people"
I am going to make you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? / AFP Features Nigerian Surrogate Mother. Reveals How It Is Done In Nigeria (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.